Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issue with lighting in game after patching

Hi guys. Is it just me or does anyone else have issues with lighting and graphics after patching to 1.63.5 ? It looks like everything is covered with some kind of odd grey light. It also effects the sims skintones. They are like wax dolls with greyish layer on them. Something else with the graphics has also changed, the environment looks pixelated somehow. I have updated my drivers to the latest and my graphics card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 460.

Comments

• TayTay4899TayTay4899 Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited November 2013
    When the graphics are rendering/loading the stuff in game sometimes they look like wax dolls.(Mine does that but only lasts for a few seconds) As for the skintones, are they CC? If so, it's probably the skintones and not the lighting. You can change the color of lighting by CTRL+SHIFT and then right clicking on the light (I think, you may have to mess with those functions I listed. Not sure if it's right or left click) That may also be the issue.
    I'm not familiar with graphic cards, but it may just be your settings in game. :roll:
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited November 2013
    TayTay4899 wrote:
    When the graphics are rendering/loading the stuff in game sometimes they look like wax dolls.(Mine does that but only lasts for a few seconds) As for the skintones, are they CC? If so, it's probably the skintones and not the lighting. You can change the color of lighting by CTRL+SHIFT and then right clicking on the light (I think, you may have to mess with those functions I listed. Not sure if it's right or left click) That may also be the issue.
    I'm not familiar with graphic cards, but it may just be your settings in game. :roll:

I do not have CC skins atm and i never had this issue before. But I will double check the lighting adjustment to make sure its not that. Tough, that does not explain other graphics issues im having like the blurry screen etc.
  • TayTay4899TayTay4899 Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited November 2013
    Jadeleine wrote:
    TayTay4899 wrote:

I do not have CC skins atm and i never had this issue before. But I will double check the lighting adjustment to make sure its not that. Tough, that does not explain other graphics issues im having like the blurry screen etc.

It may have something to do with the patching or just your graphics in general. Maybe do some research on your graphics card of some sort? If possible, it may even be the game goofing up. It's happened to me too a while back, but out of no where.
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited November 2013
    I tried adjusting the lights in game and even tried adding more roof lights via buydebug but nothing works. Anyone else have ideas what could be causing this?