Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Into The Future Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2013
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    thatonegirl32thatonegirl32 Posts: 130 Member
    edited October 2013
    My sim was in the future and I had her buy a pre-built Plumbot. When I decided to send them back to present day, the Plumbot came home looking completely different. The icon picture on the right still looks like the one I bought. Thought maybe it was just a fluke, so I went back to my previous save, and then tried returning home, and again, looked completely different. Even different from the first time I tried to return home. Even the things in the plumbots inventory are different. The only thing it had was the computer sphere, but now it also has the future music thing, the windcarver and a sprite. Not that I'm complaining about the extra stuff, lol, I just thought it was strange.

I do have the updated versions of Overwatch and Register.

Any help, or clues would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    edited October 2013
    ok Here we go. First, Thanks Crin and everyone who helps out on this thread!

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). Yes I have been using mods (only NRAAS ones that are updated and deemed safe). I did however do a clean folder (vanilla) to test if the problem still existed and it did.
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? Both
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.63
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? new
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? from the bin, new.
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA midnight hollow
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Mac OS X 10.8.5
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? ITF

Basic computer specs: iMac early 09' 24", Processor 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 130 512 MB

Please keep in mind that mac users can only use up to 2 gigs of memory, but I think this not a memory issue or a mac issue.

Ok, so my Plumbots are always wanting to scan targets(other bots or my sim) in what is a small house. A sim will be doing something and the action will cancel so they can be scanned. The sim stands up and even though the bot and the sim are not standing face to face, the plumbot still manages to do the scan animation and the sim does the weird ahhh body movement as if they have been scanned. I gather that the jig for this action is much larger than the normal social jig and it is therefore doing something weird. It doesn't happen when they are outside at the park where there is plenty of space. The interaction goes as it is supposed to: face to face. I will try to get a photo today and post it.

I also noticed that the jig to tune up and work on trait chips (sorry I forget the exact wording) on plumbots is larger than the normal social jig. I usually have to take them outside in order to get the action not to cancel or have them sit and idle for a long time before it cancels. Talking to a plumbot works just the same as a sim, so this is why I suspect it has to do with a larger jig.
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    cheekygal89cheekygal89 Posts: 36
    edited October 2013
    Just got this and within 10 minutes of playing I can't even do anything at all, I go to travel to the future and when I arrive it doesn't load my sim or the needs interface, nothing at all, I have restarted the game and still nothing. So I've basically just wasted £25.
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    edited October 2013
    According to the game files (patch 1.63) it is impossible to complete the laser harp star challenge. But I can't confirm this in game since I doesn't have the expansion yet.

P.S. I added this one to my own bug thread.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    @thatonegirl32: Try removing the mods and try without. The mods still can have issues.

@veiledstar: Could be. I guess unless it's hit by the bug and is actually made visible, there's no way to be sure. Do you thing this should be counted as a bug ?

@cheekygal89: Common corrupt save bounce bug. Check the first page for threads with suggestions. It's the same bug Uni and WA has.

@kusurusu: Please report back when you actually have the EP to verify that this is indeed happening in the game.

Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @veiledstar: Could be. I guess unless it's hit by the bug and is actually made visible, there's no way to be sure. Do you thing this should be counted as a bug ?

Crin-

I will try building a new bot today and see if I can get a picture of it and see what you think. The action functions correctly, but it's a little odd to see a sim being scanned on one side of the room and the bot doing the scanning on another, facing a different direction. I do think it may be a minor bug with the jig, but obviously nothing major. It's just annoying. I'll post back with a picture soon :)
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    lionessleelionesslee Posts: 52 Member
    edited October 2013
    i dont know how to paste the pictures but my sims are disappearing into the floors
    <3>:)
  • Options
    lionessleelionesslee Posts: 52 Member
    edited October 2013
    i seem to not be able to post a picture of this but i can not go into the future my sim gets stuck but i did take one with the media and its on the launcher to up load thank you
    <3>:)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    lionesslee wrote:
    i dont know how to paste the pictures but my sims are disappearing into the floors

Did you try resetsim * ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Smplyr101Smplyr101 Posts: 6
    edited October 2013
    I'm having trouble with my plumbots. When I try to make one i can go into create-a-plumbot and make one but when I hit accept nothing happens and no one show up. Even if I buy one it just has an empty box above my sim that I can do nothing with. Any solutions.
  • Options
    janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited October 2013
    gayars wrote:
    janvel831 wrote:

Hi Crin,
    I just tried reinstalling the playpen and that did not work. My toddler can still interact with the mirror but not the abacus. I will post on Zeek's thread.

Also while playing tonight I noticed that my toddlers Imaginary Friend has disappeared, it is no longer in her inventory, however she now has the making friends moodlet all the time.

Thanks again.

I had the same problem with the imaginary friend HOWEVER when she aged up to child, the imaginary friend popped back into existence.

My toddler just aged up to a child and her imaginary friend popped up in her inventory as well.
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited October 2013
    I noticed another bug concerning the Quantum Power Chamber, if a Witch enters Stasis, magic is depleted. Fairies aren't affected by the glitch. Also listed on a bug list about the Quantum Power Chamber.

It appears that Singed can now be removed by the Moodlet Manager. Back when Seasons was the latest game, the Moodlet Manager wouldn't remove Singed reagrdless of how many times I tried (I assumed that Seasons or Supernatural nerfed the Moodlet Manager).

Edit: I found another bug in CAS. When I went to edit my Sim in Create a Sim/Create a Household using the Vanity/Dresser, the Sim thumbnail is displayed as a male Sim even if I'm editing a female Sim.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    thatonegirl32thatonegirl32 Posts: 130 Member
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @thatonegirl32: Try removing the mods and try without. The mods still can have issues.

Well...how disappointing. It was the MasterController that was causing the problem. Thank you!
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited October 2013
    Temp fix for the Almanac not opening

I do not know if this will work for everyone but it does for me .

Switch to another family in the neighbourhood and then back again to the family you were playing . This resets the Almanac .

Windows XP
    All Ep's
    All Sp's up to Katy Perry Sugary Sickness
    Family in Riverview played briefly for 2 days before installing ITF
    No mods
    Latest patch
    Dvd versions of all Ep's
    All Worlds

Any plumbots i have in my families do not retain their parts and colouring when i travel between the present world or the future and vice versa . They revert to the basic standard body and colours .
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    @Smplyr101: Please answer the questions in the second post

@janvel831: Thanks for he report.

@WinMacSims3: Any mods in your game ? Could you please also answer the questions in the first post. Thank you.

1. I'll add
    2. That's how it should be, right ?
    3. Did you try deleting the thumbnail folder ?

@thatonegirl32: I'll add that to the mod issues. I posted that at Twallans

@julienrob2004: Thanks. I'll add that as non-mod solution. Did you loose the ability cause of a mod or while playing without ?

This is a bit boring. Are you guys not having any bugs or is everyone scare of me and is just not posting them here ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm unable to buy items from the bot store register. I have the option to consign/sell my own items but the buy menu is completely blank. I tried resetting the bot, resetting the venue, deleting the register and buying a new one but nothing helps.

I have this problem for all my saves so far although I haven't tested with a "factory reset" yet. After searching I found several posts talking about a consignment store bug but I'm able to buy and consign in my homeworld.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod).
    I'm using a mod to make all fish and rewards shiftable, Treeag's box to store items and some tunable mods for some store items.

2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch?
    I got both, ep and patch.

3. Which Patch Level are you at?
    Most recent: 1.63

4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones?
    I'm playing several pre-existing saves.

5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made?
    I've been playing these families for a while now. I've created them from scratch and have been playing them ever since.

6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom?
    I'm playing in Moonlight Falls and Aurora Skies.

7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)?
    I'm using Win 7 Home 64 bit.

8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game?
    I for a physical copy

9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World?
    I'm experiencing this problem in Oasis Landing normal future.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Did you try without the mods as well as a new game ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Resender1Resender1 Posts: 193 New Member
    edited October 2013
    OK I switched off the interactive loading screens,it seemed to help the Paradise world save a bit,but looks like back at performance of yesterday
  • Options
    kazz2829kazz2829 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited October 2013
    My inventory keeps disappearing or getting suck. I have started three times since yesterday and all sorts of weird things are going wrong with the inventory. I had a bot and her inventory kept flickering and she had items in there that weren't visible. Just started a new game and when I went into buy mode the items in the personal inventory where being placed on the floor.
    Can some tell me what's going on as it makes it in possible to play.
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? No.
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch? Into the Future EP
    3. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.63
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? New game
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? No.
    6. What town are you currently playing? EA or Custom? Moonlight Falls
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Windows 7 Professional 64x
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? Download
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World? All worlds
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? No. Only Store content.
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch? Into the Future
    3. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.63.5
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones?
    Playing with a save made back in The Sims 3 University Life.
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? No.
    6. What town are you currently playing? EA or Custom? Moonlight Falls
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Windows 7 Professional SP1
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? Download
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World? Mainly Home world.

I don't have any mods or CC installed. I decided to post my game info just in case.

When I entered CAS through dresser, I see a male Sim thumbnail but if I wait a while, the thumbnail will display the correct Sim.

Edit: Also another bug I discovered, the Holo-Computer doesn't display Opportunity options when clicked on. This means that Opportunities requiring a computer such as Learn a Thing or Two can't be completed with the Holo-Computer as the option (Do Research) isn't displayed. Normal computers and laptops must be used to complete the Opportunity.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    thesolaristthesolarist Posts: 15 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi there,

I've been reading through this thread and can't seem to find anyone else who has the same problem as me! The game is fine, except when my Sims attempt to use the Tube Elevator items, they get stuck at the bottom. All the NPC get stuck too and end up causing a massive pile-up of Sims at the bottom of the Tube Elevator!

My game is fully patched and I've tried twice to reapply the Super Patch V 1.63 to no avail. Any ideas on how to fix my game?

Laura
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I can't seem to get a picture of the bots doing the scan target interaction in the confined space. I even locked them in a room and they did it so quick that the picture I got was after it was done. I did also notice that the same interaction can start and if the target walks away to do something autonomously, sometimes the bot who initiates it will still scan, but the "target" goes about what they were doing.

I have also seen floating heads on females in the future, so there are some wrongly categorized clothes. I stuck MC back in so I could try and at least put clothes back on them. I am still unsure which outfit for which age group it is since my sim has been in the future for a while now.

I do have a picture for a bug. It's pretty clear to see. The crystal plants are being watered by the sprinkler, but for some reason, my bot also needed to water them. (this is in the future)

original.jpg

I also wanted to report to you that register has been updated to help to keep the service sims needed for the almanac of time. I have put it in and haven't gotten any more script errors about the NPC's missing for the legacy statues. This is the closest fix I think we may find for the almanac.

I also found that when 2 sims are going to a place together as a group, whether they are plumbots or human, if they need to ride the zephyr, one gets on, the other goes into the station and idles. The first one leaves on the zephyr and the second one just comes back out of the station without getting on. I have to tell the second person to get go to the location again after the first one arrives. When trying this with someone not in the household, my sim just waited for 2 sim hours before I gave up. I think this may be similar to the bug with the subway when going somewhere with someone (Twallan pointed out it was coded similarly). I tried putting in GoHere and it did not fix it. Hopefully there will be one soon :)
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    EkoponnyEkoponny Posts: 22
    edited October 2013
    Hello, I have an issue with a family tree breaking after traveling to the future.

The family consists of a father, his daughter and her IF turned human.

According to tree the father and daughter are not related at all anymore. The daughters tree is completely blank like a sim straight out of CAS. The fathers still had his dead mother in it though, but not his late wife(he is a vampire) or his daughter.

This is rather annoying and a Little scary. I don't want this to happen my other families just because they took a trip to the future.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod).

No mods or cc, completely vanilla.

2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ?

Both.

3. Which Patch Level are you at ?

4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?

Existing one.

5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?

Already existing ones. The father of the family is a pre made though.

6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?

EA. Appaloosa Plains.

7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?

WIn 8.

8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?

DVD-version.

9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?

Future World.

Thanks in advance for any help on this. :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    @Ekoponny: this is a known travel bug (for world adventures and university as well).

You can fix it with 2 ways. If you saved before you went to the future under a different save name, go back to the old save. I would recommend installing traveller from NRAAS to prevent losing your family tree when traveling.

If you did not do that, you can install overwatch from NRAAS and do clean up genealogy. It should repair most of the broken links. If it doesn't, Mastercontroler has the option to add family members back manually.
    NraasSignature.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top