Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Into The Future Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited October 2013

And also some bugs I've encountered:

*Sims' Hunger are set to low when traveling to the present. (seperate thread about this is found here).

Hi Crin,
    I traveled to the future last night, when my Sim came back ALL of his needs were very low and all the needs of every other family member were very low as well even though they did not travel with him. Before he left for the future, I made sure that everyone's needs were high and before he came back from the future I made sure his needs were also high. I have also posted this on the thread referenced above.

I still haven't tried to do everything in the future, but so far with the exception of the few minor things I have reported, it runs very well for me. The issue with the needs is more bothersome, because it was hard trying to get everyone's needs up to a point where they weren't starving or falling asleep on the floor, especially my toddler. Luckily, I had some Elixers on hand, the dragons and magic that solved the problem quickly for the adults, but those do not work on the toddlers.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2013
    @natashaspy55: I didn't miss it. My answer to that was here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/75/719217.page#11453731

It's probably best if you post in the tech section.

@Imca: Please answer the questions in the second post

@Mander8281: You might need to reinstall your Store content. See instructions here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/09/bug-store-and-custom-content-uninstalls-itself.html

@Evalen: This has been an ongoing issue in forever. It mostly happens if former relationships don't get cleaned up properly. Did either of your Sim have one ?

@ReverendZomb: Great to hear. Thanks for the feedback

@strophic: Sounds like game corruption. Check first page for some suggestions (exiting issues). Never run games with mods after a major patch without backing up the savegames. Outdated mods should not be used.

@EuphorialQueen: Sound like the same issue Uni has. Use traveler and Errortrap to fix. They have both been updated. Guess I'll put the jam thing to Fixed ... but not liked :)

@WinMacSims3: There's probably many. The list wasn't that long.

I'll add your issues except the last one which is already on the first post in red letters.

@Tonyac1234: Please answer the questions in the second post

@Wizardx: Good to hear. Make sure to remove the old framework entirely. MTS has instructions somewhere.

@rumbutter: Yes, it's actually a game bug. I already made a post about it in my blog. I'll link it when I go over the first page.

@JustKeepSimming: That is an existing bug. Seems it's one of these they fix and re-introduce on and off. Is your game paused when you sell them ? If so, try selling the stuff when it's not paused (or the other way round)

@Dweiathecat: Could you try if the same thing happens in completely new game ? I'll add it though

@kiwi84: Did you try turning off the interactive loading screen ? Other than that and the tips on the first page, lags are better posted in the tech forum.

On Invisible Sims: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/04/bug-invisible-sims.html

@Redheadturk: I am a bit unsure what you mean by switch for custom clothing. The run without custom content in the launcher ?

@janvel831: I'll add that.

===

Be adding later tonight or tomorrow. Very tired today and still have AnswerHQ to cover. Did not get my own game yet :(

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited October 2013
    Thank you so much for Your reply! I know that lag issue is best posted in the other forum, just thought it would be Nice to notify EA about it again :wink:
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited October 2013
    Concerning relationship, I realized that they only have a love relationship, I finally got the icon to yoo hoo, so I am just going to keep on going until I see what happens. Maybe their relationship is not high enough, will tell more later. I'll let you know how it goes. thanks.
  • Options
    Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited October 2013
    Tonyac1234 wrote:
    I am having an issue with the sky is falling quest I don't have an option when i talk to a sim to convince them that the sky is falling any ideas why?

Not sure if this will help you or not.I was playing a save in Midnight Hollow and I was having the same issue.I had turned the portal off and moved it to a better location on my lot so at the time it wasn't actually on.I let the time frame run out on the quest then made sure I turned the portal back on and started the scenario all over again.After the doomsday meeting when I still had the sky is falling moodlet I went straight to the nearest park and was able to spread the word.You shouldn't even have to greet the sims the option should be there to convince the sky is falling when you click on the sim.
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited October 2013
    janvel831 wrote:

Hi Crin,
    I just tried reinstalling the playpen and that did not work. My toddler can still interact with the mirror but not the abacus. I will post on Zeek's thread.

Also while playing tonight I noticed that my toddlers Imaginary Friend has disappeared, it is no longer in her inventory, however she now has the making friends moodlet all the time.

Thanks again.

I had the same problem with the imaginary friend HOWEVER when she aged up to child, the imaginary friend popped back into existence.
  • Options
    Tonyac1234Tonyac1234 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). no mods i do use the testingcheats cheat
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ?Into the Future
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? current level 1.63.4.024017
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? new game
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?new
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA bridgeport
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? windows 7
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? download
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? homeworld

I am having an issue with the sky is falling quest I don't have an option when i talk to a sim to convince them that the sky is falling any ideas why?
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hey I seem to be having this really weird issue, I just had my sim's boyfriend move in and well my sim has her boyfriend's picture down on her needs bar, I have no-idea what's happened so far I've tried altering her appearance and no dice. any ideas what's going on?
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod).
    Does store content count?
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ?
    I have the game
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    The current one, I believe.
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    It's a new game
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    I made her in Cas a day before I got Into the Future
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    Bridgeport
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    I'm not sure
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    DVD version
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    This is a home-world issue.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    ParvatiParvati Posts: 251 Member
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    Yeah, we saw that at Gamescom a lot. Are you at 1.62 or 1.63 (aka, did you patch through the launcher or the DVD) ?

I bought the expansion, preorder from this site and I use the Origin launcher. (right click on the orange icon select "the sims 3" and it launches.)
  • Options
    ParvatiParvati Posts: 251 Member
    edited October 2013

The lights are missing on the Laser Rythm-a-con (Correct name?) and the tv picture on the new television is smaller than the actual screen. Plus some other minor things like plumbot spark kiss not appearing and the control screen on the plumbot maker.
    Don't quite know if those are bugs, or just technical errors, haha.

are you sure your not using just one Mod? that sounds a lot like what the nude patch will do. I'm in the future now and have not noticed any of the things you mentioned sorry , but I will look for them now that I am aware they may be there.
  • Options
    eohsoquieteohsoquiet Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    Figured out what was wrong, forgot to remove a mod that was causing issues.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2013
    The quantim power suit that is suppose to come with the quantim power chamber doesn't work. Your sim not only doesn't change into it when they come out but if you click on put on power suit they'll go back in it and then come out with the same clothing on.

Link to all people having this issue
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/720707.page

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/720832.page

Also I have a family of 4 and the thumbnail got stuck on 1 so no matter which one you clicked on the female sims thumbnail wouldn't change yet the sim was a different sim you switched to and you could play that sim.
  • Options
    pak_eapak_ea Posts: 262 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Several issues I found:

1. Food Synthesizer quality upgrades do nothing, the food is higher quality, but eating them gives same moodlet as the unupgraded version. They also do not give normal food moodlets. (this has to be unintentional, since otherwise the food quality would be moot)

2. Other sims not able to change trait chip of simbot (the animation is started but it is cancelled abruptly)

• Options
    UbastiUbasti Posts: 297 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I am sorry if this issue has been mentioned in this thread before, I just don't have the time to go through all the posts.

After I installed ITF, the interactive loading screen stopped working. Before, with only the patch, it was working fine. I had the same mods with the patch as I do now (mostly Twallan's). I've not yet tested the game without any mods to see if it will solve this issue. With the patch it seems the feature was on as a default, now it is off as a default, and when I go to the Options to change it, it won't stay enabled.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2013
    Ubasti wrote:
    I am sorry if this issue has been mentioned in this thread before, I just don't have the time to go through all the posts.

After I installed ITF, the interactive loading screen stopped working. Before, with only the patch, it was working fine. I had the same mods with the patch as I do now (mostly Twallan's). I've not yet tested the game without any mods to see if it will solve this issue. With the patch it seems the feature was on as a default, now it is off as a default, and when I go to the Options to change it, it won't stay enabled.

The interactive load screen is kind of slow and occasionally freezes meaning when you click on the object they want you to find you might have to wait 15 seconds for it to take.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    What I meant is that there is no interactive loading screen at all after I installed the EP. With only the patch there was. And when I try to enable it from the Options, it won't stay as enabled when I close the Options panel.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Seems this is a rather bugless EP. Are you guys having fun ?

@kiwi84: I'm sure they know :)

@Evalen: Ok

@gayars: Thanks for that info

@Tonyac1234: Did you see Greenb70 answer above ?

@halloweenchild: Try if restarting the game fixes that. Save under a different name.

@Parvati: Guess they didn't fix that then. I'll add

@eohsoquiet: That's the old missing UI bug issue WA and Uni have too. I can only recommend using traveler or ErrorTrap. I'll be adding the the solution posts of the other EPs to the first page.

@catloverplayer: Been reported. I'll add your links

@pak_ea: Please answer the questions in the second post

@Ubasti: Could you check if you have the option in the ini file: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/10/interactive-loading-screen.html
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Crinrict, I do have that line in the file.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    gayars wrote:
    janvel831 wrote:

Hi Crin,
    I just tried reinstalling the playpen and that did not work. My toddler can still interact with the mirror but not the abacus. I will post on Zeek's thread.

Also while playing tonight I noticed that my toddlers Imaginary Friend has disappeared, it is no longer in her inventory, however she now has the making friends moodlet all the time.

Thanks again.

I had the same problem with the imaginary friend HOWEVER when she aged up to child, the imaginary friend popped back into existence.

My toddler will probably age up tomorrow when I play, I will check to see if the imaginary friend is in her inventory or not then.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:

Hi Crin,
    Yes, this really does seem to be a pretty bugless EP, the problems I have encountered are either minor or old. I am really enjoying this EP and I didn't think I would so I am pleasantly surprised. I hope that you get to play soon, I think you will enjoy it too!

Thanks again for all that you do for all of us here. :)
  • Options
    Resender1Resender1 Posts: 193 New Member
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    Well I haven't had time to experience it yet,since my Paradiso save became unplayable after the new patch.
    I spend a few hours looking at what neighberhood to use for a new save,settled for riverview.

So I haven't really been able to play it the features.
    The biggest concern but that's already been adressed in this thread & on the technical forums is the anvil drop in performance on the Island Paradise world.
    My own worry is that the cache files grow on to fast,I deleted the cache yesterday to see if it helped paradiso,it didn't, and after 5 minutes the cachefiles were already at 600mb in size.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I reinstalled the patch with SuperPatcher, and now it seems the loading screen is working again. So there was something in the EP installation that overran it, it seems.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    == UPDATED THROUGH HERE ===

If I said, I'll add, please make sure you did get added and that I understood your issue correctly.

@Ubasti: Good to hear

@Resender1: Do you have the interactive loading screen on or off ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hey crinrict, you were right re-starting the game worked thanks :) I'll let you know if this issue happens again :)
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    Resender1Resender1 Posts: 193 New Member
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    == UPDATED THROUGH HERE ===
    @Resender1: Do you have the interactive loading screen on or off ?
    I can't honnestly answer to that but from the pictures I just looked up they might be on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top