Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Into The Future Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    Maggs2richesMaggs2riches Posts: 7
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). nope
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch? just the patch
    3. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.63.5.024001
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? existing one
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? old sim
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom? EA, Island Paradise, but the Sims are at University
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? win 7 home
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? DVD
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World? in a Home-world

I installed the patch this morning, tried 2x and it wouldn't install correctly, so I used the super patch.
    Went into my same saved game 2 sims, married, on their 1st day of University.

The problems are:
    1. Maptags disappeared, using the cheat to turn them on did not work, the obvious, changing the filter did not work, restarting the game and computer did not work.
    2. The font is different in all bubbles and messages ingame. The font type looks the same but its a little squished together in some places and strange and hard to read.

don't know if they're related or not.

For what its worth, since this is my first time posting problems. the annoying problem I have had since before this patch is that Kids and teens can't go to the awards ceremonies for any after school activities... if that has already been solved i apologize. :oops:

Does it count as CC if you have items purchased from the sims store? After installing the patch, none of those items were installed in the game anymore and I re-installed them all. That is the only kind of CC I have. No mods.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2013
    @PrfctAngl673, rosahege: Thanks for the extra info

@janvel831: Thanks. Yeah. I think we can say, that is already an established bug. Did you try reinstalling the playpen ? I would add my voice to Zeek's thread on the Collection Folder issue. There more posts there the better.

@ceejay402: For nerds only

@Maggs2riches: Hi, welcome to the forums.

- Can you start a new game for testing purposes to see if you have the same issue
    - Award ceremony issue is old and has to do with the multi rabbitholes. Are you saying it's not fixed or did you not check on that ?
    - No, Store is fine. It's about non-EA stuff and mostly mods.

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    axaria3axaria3 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). No
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch? Patch
    3. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.63.4.024017
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? Existing
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? Pre-Made, Funke
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom? EA, Riverview
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Win 7
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? Download on all (Base Game, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets - no stuff packs)
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World? Home-world

I installed the patch with no problems, loaded up game (enjoying the mini-game on loading screen :) ).

First thing I noticed was that all my sims had changed clothes, and some categories were mixed up - my sim changed into swimming trunks for formal wear, a tux for bed, and graduation robes for going to work (teacher).

Next thing was that actions are dropping out of the queues, there were 4 sims in that family and 2 cats and I had to keep going back over and over each one, re-selecting what I wanted them to do. Some things like going to a community lot would work after 2 tries but going to work or school could take 5 or 6 attempts.

Then my eldest sim died of old age and his widow planned a funeral. 2 sim hours before the funeral, the fireplace caught fire and 2 firetrucks and 2 firefighters arrived at the house (there is only 1 Firestation in the town). One ran to where the fire was and then stood and watched everything burn, the other stayed at the gate. Guests started arriving for the funeral, I had no options for interacting with any of them so couldn't end the party. In the end, 4 rooms completely burned out and 6 guests burned to death before my sims could extinguish the flames (the action to do so kept dropping from the queue - it took almost 10 sim hours to put it out). Firetrucks and Firefighters still just stood there even after fire was out.

I wasn't happy with this so exited without saving, but upon re-loading I find one of the family (eldest daughter) is now invisible, I tried re-setting her but still invisible. Up until now I had no issues with invisible sims.

Any suggestions gratefully received :)
  • Options
    Maggs2richesMaggs2riches Posts: 7
    edited October 2013

@Maggs2riches: Hi, welcome to the forums.

- Can you start a new game for testing purposes to see if you have the same issue
    - Award ceremony issue is old and has to do with the multi rabbitholes. Are you saying it's not fixed or did you not check on that ?
    - No, Store is fine. It's about non-EA stuff and mostly mods.

[/quote]

Thank you for helping!

I started a new game, and the font was squashed still right away, when choosing the neighborhood, each neighborhood was listed twice in the dropdown menu, except Bridgeport and the ones I haven't bought from the store yet, so I chose Bridgeport.

The game started in tutorial which I thought was weird, I have played in Bridgeport a lot. There were maptags in Bridgeport. I sent the new sim to University and the maptags were there too! YAY! Does that mean I can't go back to my old game?

Also, no I haven't looked for a solution yet for the ceremonies, it was annoying me though so I will look now, thanks!

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited October 2013
    ahh for nerds only ok thanks - i made my test simmer a nerd and he was able to play with another simmer online without issue.

ill have to do that more often :)
  • Options
    PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited October 2013
    ceejay, so, in my understanding, you made a test simmer a nerd & was able to play the game console & was able to play online fine? Did you click on the console or the tv?
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited October 2013
    I tried playing the console with nerd influence. If I clicked on the game system, the sim didn't follow through when I chose who to play with, it just didn't happen. The playing online was the only option presented and it didn't work. However, I clicked on the TV instead, and she was able to play (online) just fine with the console.

I tried installing Aurora Skies in a completely vanilla game, no store content, nothing. The toddler was able to play it just fine. I went into my original game however, after uninstalling and reinstalling Aurora Skies, and the message popped up that my toddler had achieved her maximum level of charisma, so evidently the toddlers can't play with the mirror or abacus if they are at maximum level? Is this new with the update or did it preexist?

On the p.i. career, the cases will just go away in the middle sometimes, no warning, or I will do what is necessary, and it never progresses. It is only certain cases, for instance, one involving the library.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2013
    Crin
    People who have installed 1.63 are reporting that Isla Paradiso is unplayable now. They say it lags and freezes to bad to play now.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/719873.page
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited October 2013
    Crin
    People who have installed 1.63 are reporting that Isla Paradiso is unplayable now. They say it lags and freezes to bad to play now.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/719873.page
    OH, so THAT'S what's going on with all my new saves in IP!

Great.... I guess that means that Isla Paradiso is now on the same list as Bridgeport in being unplayable?
  • Options
    janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @janvel831: Thanks. Yeah. I think we can say, that is already an established bug. Did you try reinstalling the playpen ? I would add my voice to Zeek's thread on the Collection Folder issue. There more posts there the better.

Hi Crin,
    I just tried reinstalling the playpen and that did not work. My toddler can still interact with the mirror but not the abacus. I will post on Zeek's thread.

I just would like to add that since the patch, my game has been laggy and the issue with the weird movements the Sims make when walking especially through door ways is back big time. It is worse than ever and now they even moon dance when walking.

Edit to add: I just tried to post on Zeek's thread and was unable to, when I hit the submit button I got a message that the page was not found. I will try again tomorrow.

Also while playing tonight I noticed that my toddlers Imaginary Friend has disappeared, it is no longer in her inventory, however she now has the making friends moodlet all the time.

Thanks again.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    @axaria3: Sounds like your game corrupted. Check the first page for that (existing bugs)

@Maggs2riches: Font sounds more like a graphical issue. You might wanna ask in tech about that. The disappearing map tags are usually savegame related. If you're not opposed to mods, you can install StoryProgression and StoryProgressionExtended and check if that gets them back, then remove the mod. Shouldn't be used with the EP installed yet though. Should work with patch only.

@gayars: I'll add the pen thing. The PI career does have an issue for a while that it gets opportunities it shouldn't and also multi-rabbitholes could be an issue to. I'll add though

@catloverplayer: Did they reset their Sims ? I would also recommend ellacharmed3d's world fixes. Checking out the thread later.

@janvel831: I'll add the pen and the flipping thingy.

Is the IF still in her relationship panel ?

Zeeks' thread has a too long title. Just shorten it in your answer and you should be able to post.

Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    JaxW1217JaxW1217 Posts: 111 New Member
    edited October 2013
    All I know is since I installed the pre-ITF patch it has literally brought the game to it's knees. I have no custom content installed, nor any mods. I have a pretty decent PC and video card, and the game was working great before the patch.

Now I am experiencing tremendous lag spikes when my sims are to perform actions. I'm talking about delays up to 40-90 seconds before they take that action, if they take that action, because sometimes, the action will disappear from the action queue.

I have a legacy family I have been playing, and I thought perhaps because they are so incredibly wealthy and have a huge basement complex that this may be causing the problem. So I started a new sim, and sure enough, the lag spike is there.

I noticed that the University Mascot didn't show up at my new sim's house. My sim is taking a bath in his clothing.

I understand that there are going to be problems with every release. How long is it going to be until they patch the patch? I'm out $40 here, and am stuck with a game that has been rendered for the most part unplayable.

Please fix this quickly.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ceejay, so, in my understanding, you made a test simmer a nerd & was able to play the game console & was able to play online fine? Did you click on the console or the tv?

howdy, i clicked on the tv
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    JaxW1217 wrote:
    All I know is since I installed the pre-ITF patch it has literally brought the game to it's knees. I have no custom content installed, nor any mods. I have a pretty decent PC and video card, and the game was working great before the patch.

Now I am experiencing tremendous lag spikes when my sims are to perform actions. I'm talking about delays up to 40-90 seconds before they take that action, if they take that action, because sometimes, the action will disappear from the action queue.

I have a legacy family I have been playing, and I thought perhaps because they are so incredibly wealthy and have a huge basement complex that this may be causing the problem. So I started a new sim, and sure enough, the lag spike is there.

I noticed that the University Mascot didn't show up at my new sim's house. My sim is taking a bath in his clothing.

I understand that there are going to be problems with every release. How long is it going to be until they patch the patch? I'm out $40 here, and am stuck with a game that has been rendered for the most part unplayable.

Please fix this quickly.

when you started a new sim did you start in a new world! if not try
  • Options
    JaxW1217JaxW1217 Posts: 111 New Member
    edited October 2013
    ceejay402 wrote:
    JaxW1217 wrote:

Please fix this quickly.

when you started a new sim did you start in a new world! if not try

Yes, I started a new game altogether, going from Hidden Springs to Riverview. Still buggy.
  • Options
    midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    edited October 2013
    I have no mods whatsoever, the lag has got worse, a sim burst into flames and I could not put her out, the action was cancelled, the cast tool still lags, sims take longer to do any action, I have also noticed the loading screen is taking longer than before.

I am running windows 8.1 (original base score 7.9), everything is way up to date.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). None

2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? patch

3. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.63

4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New

5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New Sim

6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Custom - Lucid Cove (Small World)

7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 8.1

8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD

9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home
  • Options
    janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:

@janvel831: I'll add the pen and the flipping thingy.

Is the IF still in her relationship panel ?

Zeeks' thread has a too long title. Just shorten it in your answer and you should be able to post.

Hi Crin,
    No the IF is not in the relationship panel, I didn't make it real yet. It is normally in the toddlers inventory until she plays with it and then when she is done, it automatically goes back to the inventory. After the patch it just disappeared from the inventory, but the moodlet for making friends which she normally gets when playing with it is constantly there now. Normally it is a 5 hour moodlet. I don't normally bring the IF to life but use it all the time to keep the toddlers social and fun up.

I will do as you suggested with regard to Zeek's thread, thanks.

Thank you again for doing this thread.
  • Options
    WizardxWizardx Posts: 4 New Member
    edited October 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). No
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? ItF
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.63.5.024017
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing one ? existing
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New and premade Sims
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Bug noticed in Hidden Valley and Appaloosa Plains, have not checked others
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? I had DVD version, it was uninstalled and the DL version was installed as required by Origin to install the DL version of ItF
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home and future

Humanoid sims cannot be interacted with. No pie menu appears when clicking on one. Interactions over the phone seem to work correctly. Humans can interact with pets and pets can interact with each other correctly.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    @all with Lags: Please post in the technical forum. I can't help you here. Either make one thread where everyone can post or everyone make your own post where you can be helped individually. I'll add a note to the first page but other than that, there's not much I can do for you.

All the trouble shooting steps I have for this are on the first page.

@janvel831: If you remember the name of the IF, you can reset him. Should work for the dolls too.

@Wizardx: Did you never use mods or did you remove them ?

News on the bugs:

- Play online should work if you click on the TV instead of the console. Use that interaction.
    - Chat toddler is broken. Twallan found the cause. Next OW will solve it.

I'll be doing the adding later tonight.

AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @all with Lags: Please post in the technical forum. I can't help you here. Either make one thread where everyone can post or everyone make your own post where you can be helped individually. I'll add a note to the first page but other than that, there's not much I can do for you.

You may want to add one more suggestion to your blog post about the lag.

I noticed on my end that if I turn off the Interactive Loading Screen, the lag eventually disappears. I suspect that something in the patch wasn't gated correctly, as was the case with the previous patches they released prior to installing EPs. All I know is that for now, Interactive Loading Screens are turned off in my game and I've yet to experience major lag now.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2013
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    crinrict wrote:

I noticed on my end that if I turn off the Interactive Loading Screen, the lag eventually disappears. I suspect that something in the patch wasn't gated correctly, as was the case with the previous patches they released prior to installing EPs. All I know is that for now, Interactive Loading Screens are turned off in my game and I've yet to experience major lag now.

So Isla Paradiso is playing better then?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    crinrict wrote:

So Isla Paradiso is playing better then?

From what I can tell, yeah. The game was back to how it was before the patch after I turned off Interactive Loading Screens in the options. Of course, I was only able to play four about an hour during that time before I had to do other things.

I just got ITF and have backed up all my data. I'll be installing it this evening after a jog and will see if the lag issue returns or not with Interactive Loading Screens turned on. I'll let you know my results in this thread when that happens, along with any new bugs I find.
  • Options
    PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited October 2013
    Crinrict, could you add that Pets issue to the front of the list of bugs (dogs not swimming in fountains anymore due to tweaks made in Island Paradise) - that's the issue I told Graham about and he said he'd tell those still working on The Sims 3. I mentioned it to him on October 11th.
  • Options
    awesomeman2301awesomeman2301 Posts: 9
    edited October 2013
    alright you might have answered this if you did im sorry but after i installed into the future i opened the launcher then started the game and it loads and then it looks like it going to play but then it just returns me to my desktop help plz!!
  • Options
    WizardxWizardx Posts: 4 New Member
    edited October 2013
    @Wizardx: Did you never use mods or did you remove them ?
    I used mods a long time ago, but they were removed before the base game/ItF install. I used WooHooer and a Custom Memories mod to control which events are recorded as memories.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top