Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Into The Future Bug Thread

Comments

• tingahn911tingahn911 Posts: 52 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I hope they fix that Almanac of time bug. Yes it does solve when you switch households but i encounter another problem. Almanac becomes unclickable when you move to another town. Switching household didn't work. So i have to stick to whatever town i started off with.
  • janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited November 2013
    Once again, thank you Crin. I don't know what we would have done without you. Just wanted to let you know your work here and on all of the bug threads, blog posts and help in the technical forum is greatly appreciated. Thanks again. :)
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,779 Member
    edited November 2013

Hi crinrict, my game is working fine but sims Can't equip the Power Suit, I have no CC/Mods and upto date with all Patches. Its a shame as hubby saved to get it for me.

Another thing I noticed is that I cant upload any Uni recolours onto the objects exchange, I upload recolours all the time so I noticed very quickly and it was the same today so no change.

Thanks for listening :)
    Hill
  • Daria311Daria311 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Chip In achievement for bot building skill is not attainable. I know all 21 trait chips, but the achievement is not completed.
  • okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi not sure if your still adding stuff to the list..
    I think I found another bug, have tested it in one world so far. So I tested it with two games and the problem is that the seasonal holidays stopped happening after the first season. Both games started out fine with a circle around the holiday (at work tab) for the Summer but after the season changed to Autumn (or Fall) I never got the red circle again nor did I get any messages saying that Spooky day was near. Moving on to the next seasons didn't solve the problem, so after the Summer Holiday my sim never celebrated a holiday again. This all happened before I had my sim go to the future and they never traveled to another world (like Uni of WA)

I also noticed that something triggers my sim to learn skills really slow when she visits the future. Everything is fine the first couple of days but then my sim needs 2 simdays to go up from level 8 to 9 and all other skils and levels are also improving slowly... this is not solved by going back to the homeworld.

1. Are you using mods (Please answer with: Yes, Never, Removed)
    Never used any, started the first game where this happened after factory reset.

2. Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ?
    None whatsoever
    3. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ?
    I updated with the patch before ITF was released but never played with the game again until I installed ITF.
    4. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    1.63.4 (didn't use the superpatch but the patch that was prompted through the launcher before the game was released)
    5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    New game (both games)
    6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    Newly created, for both games
    7. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    Both games in Hidden Springs
    8. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Win 7
    9. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    DVD version
    10. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    Home world
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited November 2013
    1. Are you using mods = NO
    2. Are you using custom content = YES some clothing
    3. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch = ITF
    4. Which Patch Level are you at = LATEST
    5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones = NEW
    6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made= NEW
    7. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom = EA RIVERVIEW
    8. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) = XP
    9. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?= DVD
    10. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World =FUTURE

I built a plumbot in the present and got the achievement in the almanac to build it and add the chip . On travelling to the future my plumbothad gone from level 10 back to a level 5 bot and i no longer had the the achievement for building it .
    Also if you build a bot in the present or future when you travel to the other for the first time it loses any build parts fitted and reverts to a standard plumbot . the only way round this is to saveany changes in create a bot and then when travelling use a bot building machine and pick the saved body and colours
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi crinrict! I just wanted to let you know that the problems I was experiencing earlier with being unable to split a household or move a Sim out of a household have been resolved. I ended up deleting my Sims 3 folder and reinstalling all of my EA Store content. That seems to have cleared up whatever was causing the problem.

Thanks for all you do for this community!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    edited November 2013
    Has anyone reported that a woohoo in the time portal makes sims disappear?

I tried to reset them and it didn't do anything. The only thing I know to do would be to use debugenabler to fix invisible sims (which would be annoying since I spent a lot of time on this one sim). It seems to happen for every time I try to woohoo in the time portal. She doesn't have a job, so I'm not sure how she can have a corrupt work outfit.

I honestly wondered if anyone else has had this happen. I'll stick some mods in and see if it doesn't fix it. So far, I just quit without saving.

Edit: I forgot to remove overwatch. It is currently causing this problem. I took it out and it was fine.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    NraasSignature.png
  • SimarchangelSimarchangel Posts: 264 Member
    edited November 2013
    I didn't see any mention of this on the first page, but needless to say I haven't read every post so apologies if it has been said already.

A few people on the forums have noticed a lack of weather sound effects in OL, myself among them. I use Twallan's mods, including Traveller; all are up to date. I'm not sure if anyone else having this issue also uses Traveller or Nraa's other mods, so I couldn't say whether they are related...
  • SimarchangelSimarchangel Posts: 264 Member
    edited November 2013
    Sims leaving their jobs early (due to paparazzi spamming interactions) has already been mentioned, but I have noticed that sometimes my sim does not get paid for working, even when she does not leave early.

It doesn't happen every time, but for some reason on occasion she is still 'going to work' even when at work. When this happens not only does the sim get no pay, they gain no progress in their career either. Cancelling working from the queue and then going back in does not seem to solve the problem.
  • Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    edited November 2013
    First off, i want to apologize for all the posts i put up the other day..i did not mean to post that many times...but i posted all the issues i experienced that day.

Thanks for responding to all of them and i hope they help everyone in what issues i found (or already found existing).
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2013
    @tingahn911: Do you have any mods that could be the cause for it ? There's several things that break the almanac.

@luckyheather: Did you try this: http://nonasims.wordpress.com/2013/10/28/quantum-power-pack-issues/. Can't help with uploading issues.

@Daria311: I'll add that

@okido1987: The missing circles should be on the list. I do think that the people that reported don't have the holidays either, so I'll add you to that

@julienrob2004: I'll add

@Nik24X7: Thanks for the report

@veiledstar: Did you report this at twallan's ?

@Simarchangel: I doubt that they would be related. I'll add. You can always try without the mods though to see if it's really unrelated.

I'll also add your other issue

@Dimon6579: No Worries :)

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2013
    I found possibly two bugs.

Sims seem to be teleporting off dreampods when their halfway thru the dream and this happens beforec the energy reaches max.

The rabbithole resort tower didn't bring up my Sims needs especially energy.
    edited November 2013
    Crin- I did report this to Twallan. He didn't know it was happening and said thanks for the report. I'm sure he will address it along with the other issues he is currently working on when he is done with his current project :)

Sorry, I should have said I reported it to Twallan.
    NraasSignature.png
  • VIVKRNVIVKRN Posts: 182 Member
    edited November 2013
    veiledstar wrote:
    Has anyone reported that a woohoo in the time portal makes sims disappear?

I tried to reset them and it didn't do anything. The only thing I know to do would be to use debugenabler to fix invisible sims (which would be annoying since I spent a lot of time on this one sim). It seems to happen for every time I try to woohoo in the time portal. She doesn't have a job, so I'm not sure how she can have a corrupt work outfit.

I honestly wondered if anyone else has had this happen. I'll stick some mods in and see if it doesn't fix it. So far, I just quit without saving.

Edit: I forgot to remove overwatch. It is currently causing this problem. I took it out and it was fine.

I have been experiencing this often. When you use debugenabler, don't click fix invisible Sims. Click make all visible instead. I didn't lose my outfits, Hope it helps.
  • JanLauren7JanLauren7 Posts: 63 Member
    edited November 2013
    My LTWs aren't fulfilling. I was using the Made the Most of My Time LTW from Into the Future which wants you to experience all future worlds and get a legacy statue. So, I got the legacy statue for Time Keeper that REQUIRES you to experience ALL future worlds and a dialogue box came up saying that I had a Legacy Statue erected in my honor, but the LTW did not fulfill. :(:( Don't know if there's something else that needs done first or if it's a bug, but it's irritating nonetheless.

I am having the same issue - got a Legacy Statue, Went to Dystopian, Normal, and Utopian futures, yet the LTW won't trigger.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod).
    Twallan's: Overwatch, Error Trap, Master controller, and Traveler (I am using these as solutions to the other bugs I had which prevented me from playing at all)
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ?
    BOTH
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    NEW
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    NEW
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    Dragon Valley
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    WIN 7
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    DL
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    ITF

• ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm trying to build a Resort in Bridgeport, and the option isn't coming up. I tried via the phone, and there is no "Become a Resort Owner" option. I also tried to edit a lot, but the lot setting doesn't come up under Community Lots in Edit Town. I know Apartments are not allowed in that city, but are Resorts also a no-go? If you are able to build a resort, then I think I have a very odd (and possibly isolated) bug.

I'll check back when I load my Edit Town Save where I don't have a family/legacy.
    edited November 2013
    Does anyone know ?

- PlumBots that have the Sentient or Friendly chips installed can't help out with addressing baby's/toddler's needs

Just confirming this. My Plumbot had the Sentient, friendly, and endless learning chip, but was unable to interact with a baby or toddler. I put in the Robonanny chip and she was able to.
    NraasSignature.png
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited November 2013
    Using error trap by Twallan has made me aware there are issues with the projection TV/video game systems and beds. All sims are reset when directed to or they autonomously use their beds. It also corrupted the Showtime wall speakers. After replacing the wall speakers and removing the projection TV, my sims could use their beds. I also experienced an issue with the toddler high chairs when I placed the TV in the house. Toddlers where bouncing back and forth from the chair to the floor when sims try to pick them up. That was hilarious and I wish I had a video of the poor sim walking back and forth trying to catch the kid. :lol:

There is an issue with the store child care set that came with the venue for Aurora Skies. The toddlers are getting reset when using the items for advanced skills. The learning to walk and talk is OK. Nonamena at Simlogical have a fix for it.

--> It's essential that stuff is tested on vanilla games so remove your mods before reporting a bug. Yes, I need Twallan's mods to play
    2. Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? Yes, most of it is store sets
    3. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? Both
    4. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.63
    5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game
    6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New family
    7. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Custom
    8. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 8
    9. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download
    10. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home-world
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm adding this because it's been driving me nuts since IP. My Sims keep losing their boats if they're kept in their inventory. This happens randomly, but it almost certainly happens if they travel. The solution would be to always have a boat trailer, but not all lots have have room for one. :(

And I love the boats. I love to send my Sims fishing from the little rowboats. It's a peaceful way to end a hectic Sim day.

[img]http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/014/969/015/00/screenshot_original.jpg "width=650"[/img]
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2013
    blewis823 wrote:
    Using error trap by Twallan has made me aware there are issues with the projection TV/video game systems and beds. All sims are reset when directed to or they autonomously use their beds. It also corrupted the Showtime wall speakers. After replacing the wall speakers and removing the projection TV, my sims could use their beds. I also experienced an issue with the toddler high chairs when I placed the TV in the house. Toddlers where bouncing back and forth from the chair to the floor when sims try to pick them up. That was hilarious and I wish I had a video of the poor sim walking back and forth trying to catch the kid. :lol:

There is an issue with the store child care set that came with the venue for Aurora Skies. The toddlers are getting reset when using the items for advanced skills. The learning to walk and talk is OK. Nonamena at Simlogical have a fix for it.

--> It's essential that stuff is tested on vanilla games so remove your mods before reporting a bug. Yes, I need Twallan's mods to play
    2. Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? Yes, most of it is store sets
    3. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? Both
    4. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.63
    5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game
    6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New family
    7. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Custom
    8. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 8
    9. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download
    10. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home-world

That's interesting because I'm having issues with sims teleporting off dreampods and I don't have that mod or any mods.
  • SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited November 2013
    That's interesting because I'm having issues with sims teleporting off dreampods and I don't have that mod or any mods.
    What blewis823 is saying is that this mod showed her that the cause for the jumping was the TV. You would get the jumping with or without the mod, but the mod is there to show why it happens.
  • kazz2829kazz2829 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Put on here a couple of weeks ago about problems with my inventory. I am having to reset it about once a week other wise it is unplayable. This is really getting annoying as soon as I have a nice house I have to reset the game to play at all! Going to try and re install the whole game which is going to take a really long time but if anyone knows of any thing that could help please let me know asap
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited November 2013
    New bug last night.

Apparently, my Sims can't WooHoo if they are in their Career outfits. They do that "reset jump" off the bed, similar to what I encountered with the Dream Pod. This bug happens with every bed type, but ONLY happens if they are in their Career outfits. Changing out of the career outfits before WooHoo-ing fixes it.

Also, remember my freak out where one of my Sims disappeared when I loaded a saved game? I found out what caused it. It's another by-product of the Corrupted Career Outfit bug reported in the thread already. Seems that if you don't address the bug in a timely fashion, the corrupted Sim get deleted from your game. I found this out when the same Sim's portrait went blank. I sent her to the wardrobe for some new outfits and noticed her Career Outfit tab was missing. Reloading the her again into CAS regenerated the appropriate Career Outfit.

Did I test game last night when I discovered this as well (which is where I found the WooHoo bug), and it turns out this is directly related to getting a job in the Future. If your Sim has a job in the Present, travels into the Future, and gets a job there, the Career Outfit corrupts. I can only guess it is because it doesn't know which career it should be assigned, and by proxy, confused as to which work uniform it is suppose to put on.

Suggested Solution: Don't get a job in the Future unless you plan on living there for a long time. And if you do, quit before you go back to the Present.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2013
    Ok, my last answer. I find myself close to a Sims burnout so I need a break.

Thanks again to all that have participated and please feel free to continue to post here and help each other. Hopefully it's still checked by EA.

Sims3plumbobtrennlinie.png

@catloverplayer:

- Dream pod resetting should be on the list. I'll add you
    - I'll add

@JanLauren7: I'll add

@ZeekSlider: I don't know. Did you try asking in the Late Night or Island Paradise forum ?

@veiledstar: I guess that's how it's supposed to work

@blewis823:
    - Are you saying this is happening to every projection TV/Video game system or did just one get corrupted causing the rest ?
    - Yeah, that's on the list with post and all.

@dizzydee: I'll add you to the inventory issue

@kazz2829: What did you have to reset ? Sorry, but I don't remember what your issue was exactly.

@ZeekSlider: So you're saying it's happening every time or only if the outfit is corrupted ? That work outfit corrupting has been around since they introduced them. They never worked right.

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top