Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Into The Future Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    natashaspy55natashaspy55 Posts: 130 Member
    edited November 2013
    Back again to add to the ever growing list of issues. I saw your updated post about 1.63.5 and I have 1.63.4 and that should fix a few of them but some are pretty interesting.

No Mods, no CC, new game, new sims, playing in Sunset Valley, only cheat used was MoveObjects and it was always turned off again, problem is back in Home World almost entirely and I'm sure it will be patch issues but maybe not all from the Super Patch. Everything was very smooth ITF. My couple stayed there for about 3 wks, bought a house, got an engineered baby (who never aged one day), and mastered plumbotics and the rythmicon so they could get statues when they came back. Their was the issue already mentioned of things being in inventory, then not, then back again. At least it always came back.

Problem began on returning home with couple, 4 plumbots and baby:

Additional Inventory Issues:

1. Other than losing two Motive Mobiles on returning, everyone but the female was fine. Nothing in her Inventory could be accessed and you couldn't get past the first page. The scroll bar didn't move nor did the scroll buttons. The items that did show, except the clone voucher, were flickering together like Christmas lights for over an hour, maybe two. She could do things but not use things in Inventory.

2. Once Inventory magically started working sent her to the store to try to get a birthday cake to solve the stuck baby problem. From birth it kept saying the baby would age up in 9 days. No aging up occurred in the future or Home World. And, no matter how often the female went to the store and bought a Birthday Cake, there was never a cake in Inventory after she left the store. Sent her 3 times.

3. Shortly after the Inventory began working then all the Plumbots and the male had her Inventory instead of their own. Needless to say, I didn't save that part.

Other Home World Issues after Returning:

1. The baby still won't age. I have the eternal infant.

2. The plumbots were all assigned to their charging stations but they would just stand still in front of them. Tried several times then finally got them to get in. They were all totally depleted but all of them got done in about one or two minutes, all with a full charge. Crazy!

3. Could not perform tuneup on them but they could tune each other, again only in Home World.

The plumbots were great in the garden and the Optimizing Fertilizer thing is just great. Also great to not have to take care of the baby and still have a great relationship with it. Love having servants!

Have not tried to make a plumbot in Home World yet. All my chips, processors, and nanites were stuck in her Inventory. Will check back and read some more of the newest posts.

This EP DEFINITELY needs at least 16MB of RAM. I am using 4MB and am upgrading to 8MB, my max, this week. Need to get a new computer for Sims 4 anyway.

There were more issues but I'm tired, it's late, and will get back to you with the rest. Will also do the Super Patch up to 1.63.5. Version 1.63.4 just does not work.

Again, than you so very much. You are a godsend.

• Options
    Sim2BladeSim2Blade Posts: 550 Member
    edited November 2013
    set bed ownership doesnt work in the future
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2013
    @WinMacSims3: So it seems sprinklers only work with conventional methods of gardening. Probably needs modding. I'll add the conclusion to this to the first page.

@Bigblueelf: Ok. I'll add

@ZeekSlider: Guess I'll add to the not sure list

@catloverplayer: Did you try reinstalling MH ?

@janvel831: No worries

@veiledstar: I'll add

@Sim2Blade: Did you tell them to stop using it ? Does it still happen then ? The issue is on the first page.

@natashaspy55:
    - I'll add
    - Other than using a mod for that, I don't know. Reset with MC might solve the issue
    - Maybe the charging worked but the animation not. Is this in any way reproducible ?
    - I'll add

This game won't use more then 4 GB of RAM ever. It's a 32 bit application so adding more RAM will just allow you to run more programs in the back ground.

@Sim2Blade: As in you don't have the option or as in doesn't do anything, sims just use any ? Does that apply to dreampots only or beds as well ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited November 2013
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    @ZeekSlider: Seems this play pen issue is not related to ccmerged. Don't have details yet but you don't have to go through the process. Seems something is really borked.

PHEW!! Thank you! :-o That saved me a lot of frustration. I'd love to learn what broke once the details have been figured out.
    crinrict wrote:
    @janvel831: As I understood Zeek, they need the RoboNanny to take care of them which his Sim doesn't have. I might get that totally wrong though.

No, that's correct. My PlumBot had the RoboNanny chip, but I removed it to put in the Sentient chip. From what I've observed, the Sentient chip gives the PlumBot the more human functions such as being able to think for itself (There's an option called "Pick my own name" in the options radius when self-click the PlumBot. 8) ), socialize, and seek out personal entertainment. However, general Sim functions like taking care of the baby or even taking out the trash are not available without the appropriate chips installed on the PlumBot.

This may be a bug, this may be on purpose. I don't know, but it's definitely weird. It would be like saying only Sims with the Family Oriented or Nurturing trait are able to take care of babies, which we all know is not true. And given that the game treats Sims as Sentient beings, I thought that kind of functionality would extend to PlumBots once the Sentient chip was installed.
    It seems that the sprinkler isn't coded to affect Planter Bowls and Soil Rugs. Here's my testing results.

I had the planter bowl under the sprinkler and had 2 plants was Wilting! but they're weren't being watered. However, I moved them to the ground and they were watered by the sprinkler. I did the same with the plants on the soil rug by moving them on the ground and they were watered by the sprinkler. It does appear that the rain will water plants regardless if the plant is on terrain, planter bowl or soil rug.

Do you have the Compost Machine from the Store? I'm curious if this bug extends to that PC as well. I haven't used the Composter DLC since I installed the RoBotanist chip in my PlumBot.
    I don't have the Compost Machine so I'm not sure how they'll affect Soil Rugs but I'm sure planter bowls are affected by it last I searched The Sims 3 Forums. If the rain correctly waters plants regardless of being on terrain, maybe the Compost Machine does too.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    edited November 2013
    Just further confirming the soil rug bug. I had one outside, with a sprinkler on the roof. The sprinkler was on auto and the plants still wilted. I have a picture of my sim watering them. Also, I tried the grow-pro station and this didn't water them either.

I agree with this:
    WinMacSims3 wrote:It seems that the sprinkler isn't coded to affect Planter Bowls and Soil Rugs. Here's my testing results.

I had the planter bowl under the sprinkler and had 2 plants was Wilting! but they're weren't being watered. However, I moved them to the ground and they were watered by the sprinkler. I did the same with the plants on the soil rug by moving them on the ground and they were watered by the sprinkler. It does appear that the rain will water plants regardless if the plant is on terrain, planter bowl or soil rug.

Picture of my sim watering plants after the sprinkler has been running:
    original.jpg
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited November 2013
    1. Never used any mods
    2. No CC
    3. I have Into The Future
    4. Patch lvl 1.63.4.024001
    5. I started a new game
    6. made new sims
    7. EA starlight shores is the town im playing in
    8. currently using Win 7
    9. I have the download version of the game
    10. reporting for the Future-World

a)
    I have the same issue as Dweiathecat.

"- Sims did not move in after getting married in the future (Dweiathecat)"

(for Future-world)
    My Sims in the Future cannot move in together after marriage. They can get married, but the Sims' positioning resets and I don't even get the box asking if I want to move them in together. I tried just using the "move in" interaction and that's when the box finally appeared.

b) (for Future-world)
    Sim keeps wanting to ask his romantic interest about her job.

I have the DVD version of ITF, and I'm on this version of the patch: 1.63.5.024001

I had my sim marry the sim next door in OL, and that sim moved into my sim's house without any problem. I got the popup as expected and was able to move the new spouse's two children in, as well, with no problem.

Can you try patching to the 1.63.5 version to see if that takes care of the problem? I'd like to know if changing the patch version is the issue or if it might be related to a digital rather than DVD version of ITF.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited November 2013
    I've noticed that each time I time travel, the upgrades made to appliances and plumbing are reset. My bots have to upgrade them all over again. Not a big deal, but I thought I'd mention it.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited November 2013
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    I've noticed that each time I time travel, the upgrades made to appliances and plumbing are reset. My bots have to upgrade them all over again. Not a big deal, but I thought I'd mention it.

Are upgrades reset in OL, in your home world, or in both?
  • Options
    JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited November 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @Joolster: Could you please answer the questions on the first page for me. Thanks.

The guitar bug is old. It's like it's stuck to the Sim. I'll add the rest for now but it would be great if you could update the post with your answers.

Really? I've used all kinds of guitars before on my sims and this is the only time this has ever happened to me, lol.

Also, I noticed that my robot's CAS "attributes" keep getting randomized at times. Example: I saved my main household to bin to start a new game in Starlight Shores, and their robot looks like this. Upon choosing them and moving into a random house, the robot was changed - it had new legs, arms and even a different head and it was all silver.

So I've decided to place the same household in the same house again to test it more (so I'd have 2x duplicates of each sim) and the 2nd time the robot had correct looks. I moved out the duplicates and the incorrect robot out and deleted them from clipboard, and sent my household (with correct blue robot) to the future. Upon loading, the robot was changed AGAIN, this time it was silver-red and had different everything except the head shape. Had to manually change his "looks", it's really annoying.

1. Are you using mods (Please answer with: Yes, Never, Removed) - Yes, MrHawk's BLS, NRAAS Overwatch/DebugEnabler/OnceRead, NoCasAgeStagger and Shimrod's unlocked world objects.
    2. Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? Nothing except store content.
    3. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? Have ITF.
    4. Which Patch Level are you at ? Erm..the latest? (lol)
    5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Started new.
    6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Transfered existing sim, although I saved the old household to bin and retrieved them from the bin in the new save, as opposed to moving worlds.
    7. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA, Starlight Shores.
    8. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7
    9. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? I download all my games off Origin (since that's where they appear after redeeming the reg code), but I have the disk.
    10. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Just general I suppose.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited November 2013
    amjoie wrote:
    Nik24X7 wrote:

Are upgrades reset in OL, in your home world, or in both?
    Both.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    edited November 2013
    Crin- more possible bugs concerning the showtime photobooth:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/719953.page#11495984

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/722505.page

First one the person says they don't have the photo in their inventory and the second says specifically that the romantic photo and then "nothing shows". I think she means the photo doesn't come out, but I can't be sure.
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    DivaOfDarknessDivaOfDarkness Posts: 1,097 Member
    edited November 2013
    amjoie wrote:
    Can you try patching to the 1.63.5 version to see if that takes care of the problem? I'd like to know if changing the patch version is the issue or if it might be related to a digital rather than DVD version of ITF.

I don't know how to download that patch... I refreshed my launcher's updates tab and it says my game is up-to-date. On this website there is no download button for the 1.63 patch I could find. :/
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2013
    @WinMacSims3: guess no answer required from my part

@veiledstar: Guess we can put that down as established.

@amjoie: There's no real difference between the two when it comes to gameplay. Only thing where it does seem to make a difference is for the download version cause that's asking for a disc with the .4 version. The files are identical except some icons. Ellacharmed3d made a post somewhere on the MTS Wiki if you want to know the details.

@Nik24X7: I'll add

@Joolster: Not sure if it was moving around like that before but it got stuck to seems before. Is it reproducible for you or was it just a fluke with one Sim ? Can you remove it from the Sim with MOO ?

Your other issue is probably related to OW although Twallan can't duplicate it.

@veiledstar: It's more useful if the person posts here themselves giving all the necessary info. The picture not appearing is not new. Was happening before.

If you see posts like that, have them come back here and report. If I have questions, it's less going back and forth.

@DivaOfDarkness: You would need to download the manual super patch. Links are on the first page.

Sims3plumbobtrennlinie.png

Updating in the morning.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited November 2013
    veiledstar wrote:
    I tried the grow-pro station and this didn't water them either.
    Well, that's disappointing to learn. :( Does the sprinkler/compost machine still work properly if you DON'T use the Soil Rugs?
  • Options
    mikeaznmikeazn Posts: 3 New Member
    edited November 2013
    @Crinrict

I've tried all of that and more, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, I've tried different saves I've reset the buildings, and I think its only the bot arena and observatory that don't work for me, I can't even place the community object down on open lots whereas I can with all the other community objects.

To restate my problem, I am unable to have my sims interact with the observatory and the bot arena so I am unable to either of the 2 new careers introduced with Into the Future :/

I don't see a lot of others if any with this issue, so I'm hoping its just me not getting something right..
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @natashaspy55:
    1. Other than using a mod for that, I don't know. Reset with MC might solve the issue
    2. Maybe the charging worked but the animation not. Is this in any way reproducible?

I deleted the "I'll add" comments and added the numbers.

1. Not sure which issue you were referring to (page 29, very long post) but I have never used a mod nor do I know what it means to "reset" with one. I just went to nraas and looked up MC and still don't understand what it does. It also has so many selections I don't know what I would need to get. I imagine I would need Base-Mod but what about Cheats, Integration, and Progression which were all listed under MC? Sorry but I have avoided mods due to so many reports of problems with them so I don't really understand them.

2. No, when the plumbots just stood in front of their designated charging station and wouldn't get in no charging occurred. It was only when the plumbots finally got into them that full charging for all was over in one to two minutes while in the future it took a number of hours. Again, this was only upon returning to the Home World. In the future charging worked fine and normally.

Thanks for the info on the RAM. I will save my money and just keep this computer with the 4MB RAM for The Sims 3 and get the new one for The Sims 4.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Remembered more issues. I have read everything but couldn't always tell what was already added. If these are all resolved I apologize.:

1. Also couldn't find any place to buy a birthday cake in OL as others have reported.

2. Also as someone reported, no certificates/rewards/plaques in the mail for mastering skills. Both of mine mastered everything before going to OL and got nothing in the mail. And there was nothing upon returning either.

3. My sim bought the Nuts and Bolts Emporium in the Home World and still can't make money selling bots. She is level 10 so should make a lot but nothing. I saw this posted but didn't see an answer. There was a link posted but it went to a threat about the rhythm-a-con.

4. Could not place Build plants on grass rugs in house or on roofs in OL.

Thank you for reporting the makeup glitch. It has been very annoying and interrupt game play a lot.

Hope that is not too much, but still grateful for all your time.

My data:
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). No mods, no CC, but almost the whole store.
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch? ITF
    3. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.63.4
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? New game, clean reinstall of all items.
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? Made for this game.
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom? Original Sunset Valley
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Win 7 64-bit
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? DVD for base game, download for rest
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World? Home-World
    10. {b]Have all EPs, SPs except Katy Perry and Movie, and all towns, plush most store content but definitely all Premium.[/b]

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    edited November 2013
    janvel831 wrote:
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    Three odd bugs I had last night while I was playing.

2. My entire kitchen has become unusable and I don't know why. I threw a Costume Party and tried having my Plumbot cook up some food on it, but it kept doing the "I can't route there" animation. No thought bubble was given to explain why it couldn't get to the kitchen. When I sent it to walk to the room, it walked there just fine, but it couldn't use any of the appliances despite having the Steel Chef chip. Tried reloading the save as well as rebuying the objects again; didn't fix the issue. The objects affected by this are the stove, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, trash compactor, and in-counter sink.

I don't know if this will help you but I did the same thing as you did and replaced all of the appliances and it didn't work. I then started to replace one at a time and that is how I narrowed it down to the fridge. Maybe if you try to just replace only the fridge it will work for you too.

Yes..had this happen with a Fridge so far twice..but it does not just effect my plumbot, it also effects all the sims on that lot, including the family and any guests (if they want to use the fridge..). The only thing i could do was sell old fridge and buy new one to fix the issue..
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Remembered more issues:

1. Sim also can't get tips for playing the rhythmicon upon returning to Home World. Made lots of tips playing in OL. Tried every park, pier, and busy businesses in Sunset Valley.

2. Makeup changes to weird (very colorful clownish or bat makeup) from outfit to outfit even though the makeup is locked. I have unlocked, changed it to normal makeup, and locked again but the makeup still comes out clownish which is very frustrating. This problem has existed since the upgrade before this one.

3. Couldn't find a place to buy a birthday cake in OL.

4. As others reported, no certificates/rewards/plaques in the mail for mastering skills. Both of mine mastered everything before going to OL and got nothing in the mail. And there was nothing upon returning either.

I reported issues about tipping, but thanks for confirming about it...for me, it does not matter if it is the present or future (no matter what type), just seems like nobody tips anymore with instruments (thus making it harder to actually finish skill opportunities and actual opportunities in the game). Glad im not the only one with this issue at it proves an issue with tipping..sadly, it is a bad bug.
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    chevronfox wrote:
    Okay, in this game, I can pet a wild horse. So, now I just need to test unicorns. It's looking like that issue was just confined to one game, so if that is the case, Crinrict, you may be safe enough taking that off the list (although there could be a glitch with that with Pleasantview, or something, and maybe I should try Pleasantview again?).

If I had to guess, it might be related to some CC. Again, that doesn't make sense to me, but code is complicated and easily broken.

True..better off not using CC, at least i will not..until all bugs are either fixed officially by EA (don't hold ya breath), or someone makes a mod to fix most of these idiotic bugs EA was supposed to fix...not saying EA is not doing a good job, im sure their busy working on sims 4 or the next war shooting game or w.e.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @n00biityo: Guess I'll add

@chopin27: Thanks.

@ZeekSlider:

- Bar bug is from IP, yes. Does the other resetting happen in a pre-existing game or a new one ?
    - (+ @janvel831): Just the plumbot or all Sims can't use them ? It does sound familiar. I think that was happening with IP too. I'll add for existing.
    - Yeah, try if you can duplicate on a new game or on a different lot.

@Joolster: Could you please answer the questions on the first page for me. Thanks.

The guitar bug is old. It's like it's stuck to the Sim. I'll add the rest for now but it would be great if you could update the post with your answers.

@kampffenhoff: Screen at the beginning where you can play a HOG game. See here. http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/10/interactive-loading-screen.html

@Jadeleine: Existing bug. Try cancel all open consignments.

@chevronfox:
    - Work: I'll add you to the issue. Interesting observation.

@pepperjax1230: Twallan did a lot of updating. Are you sure you have the newest version ? You should report bugs with the mods at twallan's forum. Not here. I don't know what the current status on the mod is.

@Dimon6579:
    - Yeah, I the not watching was also not tipping but since for you it's not only the new instrument, I'm unsure if it's the same issue.
    - I'll add you to the sound issue
    - I'll add but the issue I saw at gamescom was cause of I a cheat I used not on normal gameplay that's why I didn't add that.

@Lavenkitty: I'll add

@chevronfox:
    - Ok. I'll remove that. Maybe you want to check the pet forum if anyone reported there and maybe even make a thread there to see if others have the issue and have any idea what could be causing it in those other games.
    - Are you sure it belongs to someone or was it just the saddle ?

@Dimon6579: I'll add

@Treetoptrickster: I'll add you to the issue

If anyone is willing to share a meteor bugged savegame, please zip it up, upload to some file sharing site that doesn't require to register to download and post the link either in my guestbook on my blog or by sending me a private message on AnswerHQ. I'll pass it on to Twallan.

ABOUT TIME PORTAL FREEZING UP DUE TO MAXED OUT ADVANCED TECH SKILL:

I did not cheat when i experienced the bug, all it did was sit there for 20 minutes before i had to reset all my sims in the lot using RESETSIMS *. As for the other people experiencing the same bug, im nor sure they cheat or not, but i did not cheat when i got the bug, and i never cheat in the sims..

I have yet to experience it again..but then, i always save before i use the timeportal now just in case..
  • Options
    kiwirazamatazkiwirazamataz Posts: 35 Member
    edited November 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). - No CC or mods.
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? - ITF
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? - 1.63.4
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? - First Game - Existing, Second Game - New.
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? - Both first and second games are pre-made.
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? - EA, 1st Hidden Springs, 2nd Barnacle Bay
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? - Win 7
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?- DVD
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? - Home World

Hi

My problem is with jobs and professions in the home world. My first game (existing game/pre-made) my sim was in the Stylist profession and this worked fine until my sim came back from the future. Then when it was time to go to work I would click on the "Perform Job" notice in the right hand corner and the Icon would show for an instant only in top left corner, so my sim could not complete the job.

I did a test with another sim that was living with her and when he came back from the future his job was ok (business -Level 2).

However in my second game (new game/pre-made) in Barnacle bay the Calient sisters both had the same job at the same level - fortune teller career and both level 1 Horoscope reader. They both went to the future together and came back from the future together (plus a plumbot!)One sister's job was ok, she was picked up by the car and off she went but .... the other sister had the same thing occur as above. The car came to take her to her job and the icon was at the top left corner when in the queue but then when the icon came to being the very first icon in the queue, it was there for an instant and then gone.

I installed the patch a few days before installing ITF but did not have time to play until installing ITF so I am unsure as to whether this is a patch problem or the ITF game itself.

I did end up quitting the stylist profession and then start the stylist profession again but the same thing happened. I also moved my sim to a new game and then started the stylist profession again.... same thing happened.

Hope this info helps.

Hi Crin

I thought this issue was fixed but it is not, its still happening. Your initial suggestion was my work outfits file may be corrupted and I did a little testing after and thought all was well ..... not. :cry:

The problem mainly occurs when I go into change the career outfit to something different, then go the future and when I come back from the future, I cannot "perform job" stylist career. This also happened for the Fortune Teller career. However, if you don't change the work outfit, go to the future and return, everything works fine, I can "perform job", go to work etc.

So I then decided to uninstall ITF and reinstate the most recent backup (which included the patch 1.63.4). All worked well, I joined the stylist career (and there is a set work outfit). Changed the career outfit, went to China and Egypt (to try to simulate going to the future)came back, went to work and all ok, I could perform the job.

As soon as I reinstalled ITF, I joined the stylist career, this time I did not change the career outfit but went to the future and back, went to work and "performed job" all ok. I then changed the career outfit, went to the future and back, went to work but again could not perform the job, the icon disappears.

It seems changing the work outfit, travelling to and then returning from the future seems to wreck havoc with the work outfits. Do you still think its my work outfits file that is corrupt or is it maybe something to do with ITF?

Many thanks for your help. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    veiledstar wrote:
    Crin- more possible bugs concerning the showtime photobooth:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/719953.page#11495984

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/722505.page

First one the person says they don't have the photo in their inventory and the second says specifically that the romantic photo and then "nothing shows". I think she means the photo doesn't come out, but I can't be sure.

Im not having issues with any photobooths..the only minor problem i have with it seems to be routing issues with the sims themselves, but i am getting the photos in their inventory..perhaps some mod your using is causing the issue?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    veiledstar wrote:
    Just further confirming the soil rug bug. I had one outside, with a sprinkler on the roof. The sprinkler was on auto and the plants still wilted. I have a picture of my sim watering them. Also, I tried the grow-pro station and this didn't water them either.

I agree with this:
    WinMacSims3 wrote:It seems that the sprinkler isn't coded to affect Planter Bowls and Soil Rugs. Here's my testing results.

Picture of my sim watering plants after the sprinkler has been running:
    original.jpg

I can actually understand why planter bowls would not be affected. I imagine most planter bowls would be inside a house or inside a greenhouse. Im sure the sprinkler is not supposed to work inside a house, so they probably designed the planter bowls to not get watered..as for the soil rug, that i see is a problem..
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited November 2013
    I have a bug with a solution. Please note I cannot verify if this is mod-caused or part of the vanilla game; someone will have to report it to Twallan as well so he can investigate.

1. Are you using mods (Please answer with: Yes, Never, Removed)

Yes. MC, Traveler, Register, Overwatch. They were not removed because the EP had passed my earlier test run.

2. Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ?

No.

3. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ?

Into the Future.

4. Which Patch Level are you at ?

5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?

New game.

6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?

I transferred over existing sims I made specially for ITF.

7. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?

Sunset Valley, EA version.

8. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?

Win 7.

9. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?

DVD

10. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?

Homeworld.

The bug: If a plumbot is made in the homeworld, only that plumbot can interact with televisions.

Solution: Take the plumbot to the future and sell it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top