Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Helpppp

I installed the latest patch this A.M...

I had received Aurora Skies last night and was wanting to play it, I downloaded it last night, as well as updating mod scripts...

This A.M. I update the game and go in, very thrilled to play Aurora Skies.... Well...

I go into edit town mode, and go into a house to add a few items for a family, as I was going to rotate the lot, the timing was about 75% off and moving very slowly... the zoom was, as well as the tilt buttons...

I contacted EA and they told me to run without CC... which I did and my game would not even run...

What will be the best thing to do about this issue?

Just to add, my game was running smooth yesterday.

Thank you,

Art

Comments

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited September 2013
    art i feel bad and whats worse im swamped right now so i can only be quick :(

first did you use the manual super patch to update your game? its a reallly large file like 1.5 gb if your prior patch wasnt 1.50?

if not pull your sims 3 doc folder and Dl the manual super patch

click on my siggy for 1.57 patch help thread for links and how - also in the thread there are two tests your should try under the section problems after patching

lastly confirm origin is up to date the latest version is 9.3.2
  • artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited September 2013
    I updated from the launcher
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited September 2013
    How does running without CC make your game not work???

Go ahead and follow Ceejay's instructions to patch using the manual patch.
    edited September 2013
    I already patched
    edited September 2013
    I'm DLing the super patch...

I hope this works...
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited September 2013
    It isn't guaranteed to work, but to rule out anything, it is best. If that doesn't work, continue on with Ceejay's instructions of clicking her siggy and finding the link for the guide to 1.57 which will have more suggestions as to some things you can do to try to fix it.