Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hmph.

I was excited about this EP... until I saw what it was including.

I actually thought it would be classic movie stuff.. like Marilyn Monroe's classic white dress in The Seven Year Itch... or her pink gown in Gentleman Prefer Blondes..

I was hoping for more classic wear, the classic styles of the 1950's-1960's and the styles of the movies of that era...

Horror films, such a vast genre, and they have more Disney-fied horror outfits from the images that they have released...

Westerns, I like the images, but for real... no other words...

Hereos... SERIOUSLY EA??!

I thought this was more classic movie items...

Rant over..

Comments

• JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited August 2013
    I agree. However, I ended up liking the result just as well so. *shrug*
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2013
    Well, it does appear to be based on classic films. Classic genre films. The superhero stuff definitely has a retro appearance, they said the western stuff was based on the spaghetti western films of the '60s, and the horror movie stuff looks more like things you'd find in old horror films. I actually love the superhero stuff. :oops:

Anyway, I'm sorry that you're disappointed. But, there are a few classic glam '50s and '60s sets in the store.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited August 2013
    I thought Gone with the Wind, Wizard of OZ and Film Noir Classic Movie myself.

We already have the pink dress it is not tied to a set so it can be missed (it has the bow in the back, gloves and jewelry):

Take a Bow
    Thumbnail_300x300.png

The Hair or close to it (one of my favs too):

Missy O
    Thumbnail_300x300.png

A somewhat close (it is longer) Seven Year Itch Dress but it is tied to the theater Venue:

Poet's Muse Dress
    Thumbnail_200x200.png

And another Hair do that could work:

Killer Curls
    Thumbnail_300x300.png

Other great classic outfits we already have not tied to sets:

Flute Forward
    Thumbnail_300x300.png

5th Avenue
    Thumbnail_300x300.png

Siren
    Thumbnail_300x300.png

Dress with Open Back
    Thumbnail_300x300.png

Jacket and Pencil Skirt
    Thumbnail_300x300.png

And stuff in sets or separately:

Countessa
    Thumbnail_300x300.png

Cherries On Top
    Thumbnail_300x300.png

Audrey Hepfire
    Thumbnail_300x300.png

Sophisticated Updo
    Thumbnail_300x300.png

More Volume Pompadour
    Thumbnail_300x300.png

I really hope this helps and make you feel better about the SP not being what you wanted :)
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited August 2013
    Ugh, you can't please everyone.
    As HallowenessDevour stated; We've already got so much crap in the Store that has to do with 20s, 30s, 40s Stuff.

I for one am glad we're getting Western; It looks pretty good and it'll be interesting to use.

Horror, although I personally think we got way too much of it with SN, is my favourite genre and I'll be glad to play with it.
    And it isn't 'Disney-fied' Horror, it is classic Horror. Not the Slasher crap you see on TV today.

And finally I'm super excited for the Heros' Theme; so many people have been asking for Superheros and Villains in TS3 and since they won't be the occult in ITF at least they are giving us attire and objects so we can make/imagine our own Heros'.
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif