Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this EP worth getting?

This thread is probably in the wrong area, but oh well.

I'd like to hear actual player's opinions on this EP. My aunt is excited for itand wants to get it, but I suggested that we look into it a bit first. What's it like? Is there any real improvement? What's the funnest thing, to you guys? Is this really worth getting?
Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
xyIcMqt.png

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2013
    There are some rather disturbing bugs -- if you have Ambitions and have a self-employed Sim, they can't check into a resort without the game freezing. (If your aunt is not mod-adverse, NRaas Overwatch reportedly corrects this; I haven't tested it yet.) And exploring caves is really bugged; many people have reported that Sims reset to land when they try and explore a cave. (Experienced it myself today -- quite annoying.) I've been enjoying it though, but I find my Sims are too busy exploring for me to actually go and meet anyone that's single/available. I put the Wishing Well from Lucky Palms in my current save so if all else fails I'll go that route but probably not till I'm tired of houseboat life and want to build them a house, or decide to split them up.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2013
    Its fun and I love it but the babysitters have gotten way worse in this EP. I love that you can stay at the resorts and have fun before kids. Or just have fun there.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • abigail2244abigail2244 Posts: 486 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I enjoy it. I cant say its the best. My issue is I LOVE playing in Sunset Valley. Its really my favorite world and I have a save that I update with every new ep. But with IP, most of the gameplay is very hard to get working in any town other than the one that came with the pack. I'm really not skilled enough, nor do I have the patience too, put dive lots in the world or make houseboats work. That's two big features that are nearly unplayable in the town I like to use. Of course, someone who has the time could always try to make the dive lots and houseboats work, and could always just live in the IP world, its just not my thing :D
  • abigail2244abigail2244 Posts: 486 New Member
    edited July 2013
    On the other hand, there's always more gameplay options and build/buy objects. If your aunt likes tropical themes, I would suggest this pack.
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited July 2013
    Oh my, thanks for the feedback! I'll show my aunt this later, it's definitely made me warier of this, as we both have Ambitions and cave-exploring was the highlight of this game for me.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • DijanaMenatasDijanaMenatas Posts: 624 Member
    edited July 2013
    The cave exploring bug doesn't happen every time, I noticed it seems more prominent if you are speeding up the game when your sim tries to get in. It rarely happens when I have the cam following my sim at normal speed, and if it resets them I just send them back to try again and it works then.

There are some bugs and the game seems to have got a lot slower with this one, but if you follow tips people post on here (cleaning caches, using overwatch, etc) it becomes a lot better. Aside from the bugs and the fact the new boating features won't work in some neighbourhoods (ocean too shallow) it's a very fun EP, one of my top 3 up there with Pets and Supernatural.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited July 2013
    There are some rather disturbing bugs -- if you have Ambitions and have a self-employed Sim, they can't check into a resort without the game freezing. (If your aunt is not mod-adverse, NRaas Overwatch reportedly corrects this; I haven't tested it yet.)

Overwatch is one of the mods I use but I have still had this issue with self-employed sims. Having said that, despite the bugs, I do love IP. My computer's a bit old now so I get problems caused by that. I'm looking forward to the time I get to play in Isla Paradiso on a new machine (hopefully in the not too distant future).
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    edited July 2013
    Hm... even with clearing caches and Overwatch, does it slow it down much? Because my aunt's game is already supremely laggy and, even though she loves a lot of the other EPs, she's had to play base game to help speed it up. (I think she still has Ambitions and Seasons installed, though)
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited July 2013
    Mine doesn't lag as much as it did before Island Paradise but it crashes more frequently. I also have problems with my computer though - probably the graphics card or else the RAM - which means I get problems other people probably wouldn't.

Remember that Seasons is one of the laggiest because of snow. Before Seasons mine only lagged on 64x64 lots.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    edited July 2013
    I'll consider persuading her to uninstall Seasons. Thanks for the input, everyone! =)
    xyIcMqt.png
  • DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited August 2013
    I personally don't like it, and I wasn't excited about it at all when they released it, I only bought it for the sake of having my collection complete.
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??