Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'Own the Store' Breakdown [with Downloads Links] Updated Aug 7 '14

Comments

• Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited December 2013
    You download everything (and avoid the -> option) for most compilations/less downloads (I removed the sets that are from compilations from that set list, ie all sets under set list are not a part of a compilation).

The -> has a less overlap option if you want less overlap from the compilations/more downloads.

Note the note at the bottom about the children's / youth ultra lounge set, cause that was a tricky over lap thing.

Hope that makes sense :)

Happy New Years :)
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited December 2013
    You download everything (and avoid the -> option) for most compilations/less downloads (I removed the sets that are from compilations from that set list, ie all sets under set list are not a part of a compilation).

The -> has a less overlap option if you want less overlap from the compilations/more downloads.

Note the note at the bottom about the children's / youth ultra lounge set, cause that was a tricky over lap thing.

Hope that makes sense :)

Happy New Years :)

I had to read it twice, but yes, that does make sense, you made this very easy! Thank you very much Hollowness!! :D So many notes on the first post were er just bit too over-whelming for me today. :lol: :oops: Happy New Year to you too!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Updated with Homecoming set.
  • Options
    MonaLisaJonesMonaLisaJones Posts: 126 Member
    edited January 2014
    OMG I had just started to prepare an excel doc to try to organize my store content and thought, "I bet some awesome person has already done this".

A bit of searching later I found this thread and link and immediately fell in love with you, HollownessDevour!

*bows deeply*

edit: typographicus errorium
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    No problem the excel doc is behind but I think it covers the overlap so only new sets that don't overlap aren't on it anyways, so I only update the post :)

Glad this helped ;)
  • Options
    angelcat621angelcat621 Posts: 350 New Member
    edited January 2014
    This list is coming in handy since I'm currently doing a full Store reinstall (never realized how much stuff is there, oh my.) :XD:
    I did notice in my downloads a set not listed in the first post: Gifts for the Holidays. It is a free set released quite recently during the holiday season, thus it is easy to miss. Keep up the good work. I love this thread.

Edit: I see there is also a new free Year of the Horse set just released today.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    This list is coming in handy since I'm currently doing a full Store reinstall (never realized how much stuff is there, oh my.) :XD:
    I did notice in my downloads a set not listed in the first post: Gifts for the Holidays. It is a free set released quite recently during the holiday season, thus it is easy to miss. Keep up the good work. I love this thread.

Edit: I see there is also a new free Year of the Horse set just released today.

Thanks I was away during the holidays/busy so after RH/boardwalk venue I was on iPad only.

I'll update when I am on my computer (may be a few days) next I am only on the iPad ATM :)
  • Options
    Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited January 2014
    Ugh, just did a clean install and this thread was super helpful considering I own pretty much the whole store now. Thank you very much!

And now... onto the single items :x :lol:
  • Options
    MonaLisaJonesMonaLisaJones Posts: 126 Member
    edited February 2014
    Meg1626 wrote:
    Ugh, just did a clean install and this thread was super helpful considering I own pretty much the whole store now. Thank you very much!

And now... onto the single items :x :lol:

Lol Meg, I've been saving those for last too. I've got several folders so far: Single items not in sets, Single items part of owned sets, Single items part of sets not owned (yet).

It's strangely satisfying getting everything in order tho...

I've also added a column to my excel doc for the corresponding Sims3pack names. Of course they couldn't name the actual object the same as the name in the store. That would be way too easy for us, and where would we get our sense of accomplishment then? :lol:
  • Options
    DocusatDocusat Posts: 2,305 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thank you HollownessDevour. This is gonna save me so much time and fingers crossed my pc will manage a little better with fewer overlaps.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I am so glad :) you're welcome and thank you for the gift :)
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited March 2014
    A gentle bump for this very useful thread :-)
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited April 2014
    found it via google, so is going to bump this one :mrgreen:
  • Options
    mcveighjessmcveighjess Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited April 2014
    HOLLOW!!! You're my hero!!! BUMPING BUMPING BUMPING!!! I just found this page today. And since everything is on sale, I just got a ton of sets completed for free!!! You're amazing!!!!!!!!! I could KISS you! Best. Day. EVER!!!
  • Options
    JEREMYSIMS01JEREMYSIMS01 Posts: 727 Member
    edited April 2014
    I never thought I would get anywhere close to owning the store, but with CYS and all the sales going on, I might actually end up doing it. Thanks for posting - this is a real time saver!
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited April 2014
    Wow! :shock:
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,794 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for this!! You've just saved me several hours. :D
    Bookmarked, and shared. :)
  • Options
    VyzuriVyzuri Posts: 44 Member
    edited May 2014
    This is really awesome, but it needs to be updated, I think. Last edit was in February, and there have been sets released since then. ;) Even so, very handy! Thanks!
  • Options
    tinkknitztinkknitz Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited June 2014
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

See those up there? :mrgreen: That is how I feel about HollownessDevour's spreadsheet. It really helps for massive downloads like new computers.
    Do you know you can rename the document to make changes of your own and save it?
    Do you know you can highlight each item as you download it to keep track of your progress?
    Do you know you can highlight a column, right click and select "data" to alphabetize?

Do you know how thankful I am, HollownessDevour?

8)

Ps - I just added the most recent sets, it is an easy fix to type them in if you save the document to Google Drive.

What do I put for a signature once I have been gifted so much that I own The Store? anybody? Bueller?
  • Options
    TLC4theworld77TLC4theworld77 Posts: 75 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sweet! I was thinking about doing a list like this for myself. But I kept putting it off. This takes a lot of work out of it for me. :D
  • Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. Been taking a break for over 6 months, and my compy says "REINSTALL!!!!". This is going to make things SO much easier.
  • Options
    IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just wanted to let you know that Year of the Rabbit and Year of the Tiger are free. I don't know if they cost points once, but when I looked at it today, they show up as free.
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg
  • Options
    duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hello hun, i have no clue that overlaps can cause problems/lags in games/launcher! :shock:

Thank you for sharing this list,recently i am having trouble at uploading my creations at exchange...tried all the things advised,like delete caches, rename/resave/reshare, delete the bugged store content fm build...but nothing worked! :(

A friend of mine,send me here and advise me that this overlaps might cause problems...So here is my qoestion... Since now i had all compilations and some single items from these sets...If i only delete the single items part of sets/compilations, will it work fine?

Or should i delete all my installed store content and re-install them accordingly? :(
    And if i delete them all,then re-install...Will i have problems in my saved creations/lots? Because i am also CASting many objects...etc :oops:

I am a bit confused,can u help me? :oops:

Thank you!

EDIT: I have been downloading my store content from scratch(deleted my old file) now will start installing but now i am confused abt "featured looks"...

Should i also download them? If i do, i will repeat some objects...but if i donot install them then i will lose blueprints or build itself from some featured look! What should i do? >.<

And also if i want to carry my old CASted items, saved builds/sims without game itself... How should i do? Which folders ahould i carry? should i copy my old saved "library folder" to new one?...

Thank you! :oops:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    MolliesDolliesMolliesDollies Posts: 525 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi duyguugudur!
    Since no one had replied to your message I thought I would. I do not know the answer to all your questions but I will give you a super long answer to what I do:

Whenever I have problems with a game, instead of reinstalling all my sims games, I follow crincrit's instructions here:

BUT, for the first time you do this, after you've already reset, and have just transfered over your "SAVE" folders, I do this:

Copy over my UserPresets.package - this is what contains all your CASting

Copy over the "Downloads" folder, but delete everything from it except the PassportData.package and ChallengeData.package (which are in the two folders with long strings of numbers) , which contain your SimPort and Achievements progress

Copy over the "Collections" folder, if you use custom collections

Copy over your "Mods" folder only if you are sure about what is in it

>>>>Now, onto your new Downloads folder!<<<<

Go through this list by HollownessDevour, starting with just downloading WORLDS that you own to the Launcher. After you download and install each of them, create a new folder in your "DOWNLOADS" folder titled "WORLDS" and move all the installed worlds into it.

Now when you look at your game Launcher/Downloads it should be empty...

Download and install any VENUES you own, then create a new folder in your "DOWNLOADS" folder titled "VENUES", and move all the venues into it

Keep doing this a Hollowness category at a time, creating new folders as you go. When you do large categories, only download and install about 20 at a time, move them to their new folder, and download more. If you try to download and install too many items the Launcher sometimes skips some.

After you have finished all your worlds, venues, compilations, sets, Holiday & Gifts, and Registration/Rewards (I combine this with all the limited edition things as well), you will need to start on single items.

Make a folder titled "Not Part of Set" and started downloading and installing all the items from 2Mahawks Easy-to-Miss Checklist

Finish downloading and installing all of those 20 at a time. I actually divide inside the "Not Part of Set" folder into three separate folders of "Hair", "Clothes", & "Objects".

Finally, you can create a folder titled "Part of Set", and download and install each of those. These would be items from sets you have not completed and don't plan on completing in the immediate future. This is where the Featured Looks would probably be broken down in to by item instead of the full set. I did not download any of the Featured Looks except "Fall In Love Again" and "Villa Paraiso", as they are the only two that download with a build. Make sure, though, that you get the Blue Hibiscus, and women's Bandana from the Quaint Cottage (as well as the wind chimes if you didn't already).

>>>>Never Download again! Hopefully?!<<<<
    This entire download folder I now save somewhere else in case I ever need to reset again. The next time you won't have to download anything, you'll just have to pull items out of their folders into the main "Downloads" folder a section at a time! Nice and organized!

If you happen to complete a set that has pieces you already have in you "Part of Set" folder, it most likely won't hurt to download the set. If it bothers you, you would actually have to go into "Installed Items" in the Launcher and find the duplicate items BEFORE you download and install the completed set... or just download the items from the set that you don't already have.
    If you complete a bunch of sets, I would recommend resetting as per earlier. If you install all worlds, venues, and sets, then download and install your new completed sets, when you finally get to the "Part of Set" folder, then items from the new set will show up shaded dark in the launcher because they are already installed. Just select all of the darkened ones and Delete them. You don't need them as individual pieces now that you have the set.

What it should look like:
    >Electronic Arts
    >> The Sims 3
    >>> Downloads
    >>>> folder with a bunch of numbers
    >>>> folder with a bunch of numbers
    >>>> WORLDS
    >>>> VENUES
    >>>> COMPILATIONS
    >>>> SETS
    >>>> HOLIDAY & GIFTS
    >>>> REGISTRATION & LE
    >>>> NOT PART OF SET
    >>>>> HAIR
    >>>>> CLOTHES
    >>>>> OBJECTS
    >>>> PART OF SET
    >>>>> HAIR
    >>>>> CLOTHES
    >>>>> OBJECTS
    >>>> dynamicchallenge_blahblahblah
    >>>> FSIViewCountTracking
    >>>> email@address.bin
    >>>> nav.bin

I hope this helps, and wasn't too confusing. If you have a question, ask and I'll try to answer. If this is too complicated, don't even attempt it!

I hope I don't step on your toes HollownessDevour, by posting this! I am so thankful for this thread and use it constantly! Thank you!
    Now a proud member of the Own the Store Club!!!
  • Options
    MolliesDolliesMolliesDollies Posts: 525 Member
    edited July 2014
    I forgot to mention that whenever I have done this I have not had problems with items I have CASt'd. I am working on a build right now, but decided to reset my game because I had just completed a few different sets. All my CASting seems fine in my build save. It did say "Some Items Could Not Be Restored and Have Been Replaced", but I searched all over and couldn't see what was replaced.

Also, if you have CC or Patterns, make sure to copy that folder over from your old Sims folder as well (if you are sure about it!) Install them and put them in their own folders inside the Downloads folder, as well. I don't have CC anymore, so I forgot to mention it!
    Now a proud member of the Own the Store Club!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top