Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Lot/Sim Swap Shoppe-Lots and Sims to use in your world! donations requested! Updated 7/6/14

12346...Next

Comments

• anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi I'm hopeing some of you can help me in my hunt for lots

I'm remodeling HS, and hosting a treasure hunt to find the lots I need.
    so if you enter there you got a chanc of winning small store items as prizes, you can even nominat buildigns you like so the builder will win.

I'm at hunt 4 that are for homes and sims

but are still missing a few comunity lots, these can be entered as specials, and if I find they fit my HS both the person that found the lot and the builder (it it wasn't the builder that posted in my thread) gets a reward.

so if you got homes fitting for HS or any of the following type of comunity lots drop by my treasure hunt (link in siggy)

- simfu acadamy, I need 1 for HS and 1 for uni
    - a bakery maybe combinde with the mill set... perfecly with the tea set in it. if it looks like an old mill it kills 3 birds with 1 stone (mill, bakery, tea)
    - a toy shop with the toy machine
    I like other types shops so a small mall might be nice!
    maybe a:
    music shop
    and art shop (glasblowing and more)
    a car shop work area (fastlane petrolstation)

thank you for any help
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited July 2014
    Updated! everyone above this post who filled out the forms have been added.

duyguugudur I just saw your post in my Mypage like...a few minutes ago lol. I responded to it there, but I will also here. Thanks for reminding me to check in here! With all the drama and updates in the TS4 section I have a tendency to forget about this.
  • LihtarukLihtaruk Posts: 271 Member
    edited July 2014
    Here is my creations that I think can be useful for other worlds:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8348534

screenshot_original.jpg

Tropical plaza with skate ring on right and space available on left( can be used as hair salon, coffee shop, night clubs etc.)

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8254886

screenshot_original.jpg

Bruce Wayne, my variation of celebrity from billboards :lol: of course after I made him I noticed that billboard called Bob or Rob or something else.

Have fun :wink:
  • RRArtieRRArtie Posts: 204 Member
    edited August 2014
    RRArtie Creations

Form Type: Lots and Sims
    Name: RRArtie
    Link to studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/RRArtie/mystudio
    Link to thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/767374.page#12338282
    -In the lots you upload,
    Do you use CC?: No
    Do you use CAP?: No I may change an items color
    Do you use store stuff?: No
    What EPs an SPs do you build with? All except Movie SP and Into the Future EP
    *Skill Level: Beginner +, intermediate -
    How do you describe your building style, generally?: Island Life
    Which lot types can we find in your studio? (residential, community, both): A little of both! Some Sims
    Anything else you'd like us to know? My first world lead to several buildings and some Sims worth sharing. Please give credit when you use these items.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Post edited by RRArtie on
    edited October 2014
    So, it seems that I cannot edit my "shoppe" posts anymore? The new forums tell me that I'm like 18,000 characters too long in those posts lol. So, not sure how I'm gonna keep updating those...? Anyone got any ideas?

Also....I apologize...but I totally forgot about this thread! I was half expecting there to be many more posts between this one and my last one. I guess I just got absorbed in TS4, haven't even loaded TS3 up since I got it....
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited October 2014
    I had to divide up the faq into two posts. Luckily I had reserved a few spots when I started the thread. Also, images hosted at photobucket don't seem to be rendering in the new forum. The whole world index is borked due to this. The forum team was appraised of these issues at the beginning, but evidently they chose not to fix them.
    edited October 2014
    yeah, I noticed the picture issues...kind of a bummer. I don't know what I'm gonna do with this thread since it's supposed to be able to grow....so...i donno, a problem for a different day for now! I've got enough computer related issues with my OS going on the fritz on me...I had to re-format my hard drive, lost everything. Uhg!
    The other problem in this thread is the "Width=300" did not transfer correctly from the old forum to the new. I cleared it from all my image statements and the image displayed okay.
  • Kerim99Kerim99 Posts: 289 Member
    I cannot post pictures and links at the moment because I'm a new member but everything from my studio can be used for worlds. :)
    Kerim99 wrote: »
    I cannot post pictures and links at the moment because I'm a new member but everything from my studio can be used for worlds. :)

You need to have several people rate your post to move from "new member" to "member". Once you are rated "member" you get to post pictures and URLs. It helps to have an avatar. The post below explains the system and if you post on here (80 pages so far), people will say "like" and "LOL" which will help you attain "member" status.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know-updated-20-12-14/p1

• Kerim99Kerim99 Posts: 289 Member
    I know this system. I hope, I will be a member soon.
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    I am working on a little bygone era sunset valley and have added a couple of victorian's from the exchange and made some appropriate changes, removing modern appliances and cars and some recoloring. What is the proper etiquette for sharing my world if I have contacted the original builder and have not had a response? Would it be terrible to just upload the world as long as the lot itself gives credit to the original builder? Personally if someone used one of my builds in a world I would be flattered, so long as they didn't take credit for the lot. I really don't want to make anyone mad, but find it hard to imagine someone would really mind...I mean, isn't that why we share our creations?
    I am working on a little bygone era sunset valley and have added a couple of victorian's from the exchange and made some appropriate changes, removing modern appliances and cars and some recoloring. What is the proper etiquette for sharing my world if I have contacted the original builder and have not had a response? Would it be terrible to just upload the world as long as the lot itself gives credit to the original builder? Personally if someone used one of my builds in a world I would be flattered, so long as they didn't take credit for the lot. I really don't want to make anyone mad, but find it hard to imagine someone would really mind...I mean, isn't that why we share our creations?

I agree with your conclusion. My reasons: 1) You tried to get a yes or no and they didn't reply. They may not even be in the game anymore. 2)You have modified their work and given them credit. 3)Nobody has copy righted their exchange items.

If you write a news article or book and copy material, that is plagiarism. But if you quote the material and give a credit that is acceptable. Seems you are doing the same with a house or two in a world of many.

If you have a thread describing your world, it might be nice to include the credit there also.

Just my 2 cents worth.

• CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member

Hi Sweetie!! As a builder who enjoys seeing others use my creations for their CAW originals, I would have to say.....YES!! You have tried all means to reach builder and you are in no way trying to 'steal' their original idea. Most builders will agree with me. There are a few who do not like to see any of their builds uploaded again for any reason. I am sure your world will be lovely and will give great credit to the amazing builders/creators we have on these forums. BUT...it still comes down to your opinion and how you feel about it. Hope I helped in some way.

Toodles,
    Cassee

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    Something that would be really helpful in giving credit to builders is if they actually put their name in the item description. I have a couple of builds that I love but I can't figure out who built it! There is also one that I have that i downloaded from someones studio but upon inspection, it is signed by a different builder (Ellie, I think) under the foundation in terrain paint...so I don't want to give credit to someone who stole it! Wow!
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Something that would be really helpful in giving credit to builders is if they actually put their name in the item description. I have a couple of builds that I love but I can't figure out who built it! There is also one that I have that i downloaded from someones studio but upon inspection, it is signed by a different builder (Ellie, I think) under the foundation in terrain paint...so I don't want to give credit to someone who stole it! Wow!

You're so sweet!! Maybe post a pic and see if anyone claims it. I am sure someone will know who built it. Nice of you to go to all the trouble before you upload, Ms Karilyn

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited March 2015

Karilyn, When I uploaded Notchcliff Isles and Portaloosa I made sure that all lots that were not my own had the proper credit in the description of the lot and also added a post in the world thread with a complete list of the lots and their creators. For those lots I could not remember who created it I made sure that it was known that this was not one of my creations and in the thread I made sure there was a comment asking those who have seen their lot in my world to please contact me so proper credit could be given (That statement has worked as a few of the creators did contact me and their names were added to the builds). Some of the lots I never contacted the creator but made sure that their names were posted all over the build and in my post. I personally feel that there is an implied permission to use any lot that is uploaded to the exchange or any other site as long as it is used properly, credit is given to the creator and NEVER be claimed as our own work. We as world builders have a responsibility to ensure that those who help shape our worlds receive the credit they deserve. Just my two cents (hey RR were are up to 4 cents, woohoo hit the jackpot.....lol! but you hit the nail on the head with your post!)
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    flstrider wrote: »

Karilyn, When I uploaded Notchcliff Isles and Portaloosa I made sure that all lots that were not my own had the proper credit in the description of the lot and also added a post in the world thread with a complete list of the lots and their creators. For those lots I could not remember who created it I made sure that it was known that this was not one of my creations and in the thread I made sure there was a comment asking those who have seen their lot in my world to please contact me so proper credit could be given (That statement has worked as a few of the creators did contact me and their names were added to the builds). Some of the lots I never contacted the creator but made sure that their names were posted all over the build and in my post. I personally feel that there is an implied permission to use any lot that is uploaded to the exchange or any other site as long as it is used properly, credit is given to the creator and NEVER be claimed as our own work. We as world builders have a responsibility to ensure that those who help shape our worlds receive the credit they deserve. Just my two cents (hey RR were are up to 4 cents, woohoo hit the jackpot.....lol! but you hit the nail on the head with your post!)

Hello @flstrider and @KarilynMonroe2 !
    I am a builder myself (if you guys accept it) and just wanted to say I really agree with u guys.. I would be reallllyyy flattered and happy if any of my builds used in one of worlds created... as long as I am given credited o:)

I am not sure if many CAW users are still active but I can gladly to do my best to assist you guys :smiley:

Take care !!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top