The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Bug Thread

Comments

• EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited June 2013
    i have a glitch that just happened in my game. my sim was fishing off a pier when you see the zombie walking on water and its deep water at that. i even took a picture of it.

http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/432/385/015/00/screenshot_original.jpg

Oh my lordy dordy goodness me! It's the zombie of jesus himself! HE RISES FROM THE GRAVE AND WALKS ON WATER ONCE AGAIN! :D
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2013

I found the moodfix just a couple weeks ago when I bought world adventures, was making nectar and couldn't figure out why my sims were ****** all the time, and this mood mod fixed it, so... EA has not fixed it, sorry.

Going back to Crinrict, know of a way to delete the moondial? or the tavern, cause I dont have a moondial on my lot.

Did you try just bulldozing the lot ?

As for the moodfix, it should be fixed so wonder why you still have it. Maybe it's different issue. It doesn't change the fact that the mod has not been cleared by buzzler though and it might cause issues.

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited June 2013
    So since my last wall mirror glitch I now play a new game after the factory reset and editing town and re-installing store stuff.
    No issues really but one curious thing :D

It was mentioned before by someone else I believe :D see pictures below

Ohw and I also want to add that the launcher is really slow in everything: starting, downloading, installing and "getting back to it" after installing stuff.
    I only notice this when I install stuff from the store or upload to the exchange since I don't use the launcher to start my game/

Zombie
    Zombieonwater_zps9c97182d.jpg
    And normal sims as well :D
    Walkingonwater_zpsa966f998.jpg
  • CaruTempestariiCaruTempestarii Posts: 55 New Member
    edited June 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @GabbyGirlJ: I'll add anyways with your solution. Thanks

@Ricalynn: Thank you. I'll be making a blog post today

@honeypooh1267: Please answer the questions in the second post. I'll be adding though

@midge719:

TMP Files: My theory is that they had to do it that way if you have lots of Store Content in order to make the ones that haven't been showing up, show up. I would just reinstall all Store Content that should make them go away. I'll be blogging about it today.

Unless you're willing to weed through them all, you won't know what the cause was but I guess as long as it works, it's good, right ?

@keekee53: Take out the mod and you will know.

I'll add the blueprint issue.

@applefeather2: I need to check that (reminder to self)

@tmoore1989: You're probably better off posting in tech. Give them as much info as possible.

@Sneakyfour20: Put in Overwatch and/or ErrorTrap let the game run for a day. Make a backup of it before adding the mods. Sounds like something corrupted in that game.

@EatChees: Thanks for that info. Guess that calls for another blog post

@BlueShreve: I don't know. I'll add

@Ricalynn: Thanks for all the testing. Helps a lot :)

@janvel831: Could you maybe post in tech and have them take a closer look at your specs. They might have an idea over there. If not, come back and I'll add.

==== UPDATED THROUGH HERE ====

Hi, Crin.

I wanted to add that since Honeypooh1267 has a pic, that is exactly how my newspaper girl looked (she wasn't a zombie though). That leads me to think it is a routing issue with the lot being on water. I also wanted to add that the spot where my newspaper girl was walking and where the newspapers are on the ocean floor is still swimable and fishable. I also clicked on that spot and I couldn't 'Go Here' but could 'Swim Here' and 'Fish Here', so I suppose it is only an error for autonomous Sims.
  • okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited June 2013

Hi, Crin.

I wanted to add that since Honeypooh1267 has a pic, that is exactly how my newspaper girl looked (she wasn't a zombie though). That leads me to think it is a routing issue with the lot being on water. I also wanted to add that the spot where my newspaper girl was walking and where the newspapers are on the ocean floor is still swimable and fishable. I also clicked on that spot and I couldn't 'Go Here' but could 'Swim Here' and 'Fish Here', so I suppose it is only an error for autonomous Sims.

I just build a house on stilted foundations and the deck towards the house is pretty far in the water. My newspaper gets delivered onto the deck though without any problems. I was wondering if you guys have multiple doors leading to the outside? Because I did use the "set to front door" action on the front door. Maybe if you have multiple doors the paper girl/boy wants to deliver it to the back door instead.....
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    edited June 2013
    I think some of these deck problems are World-specific problems. Example: I can build a deck into the water in both Sunset Valley and Hidden Springs, no problem. But the Sims can only fish off the deck in Sunset Valley. I've tried H.Springs three times, 3 diff. houses, modded and unmodded. No luck with the fishing off deck. Some other problems might be small like that, but still world-specific. I just hope that IP houseboats work okay in Hidden Springs. It would be a good world for that pack.
    EDIT: Just had a confirmation from KjrockPlayer. He tried to deck-fish in Hidden Springs. He couldn't do it, either.
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited June 2013
    Juliana01 wrote:

...starting the game takes alot longer than it used to. Sometimes up to 10 minutes.

Yes that is happening to me also, I used to hit the launcher icon on my desktop and the launcher would appear immedately or download from the store to a closed launcher and again it would happen almost immediately. Now it takes approximately 10 minutes to downlaod anything from the store or the exchange into my launcer or to open the launcher from the desktop

This is definitely a issue I am having! It takes it forever to do anything and I never had this issue before!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • SinkalaSinkala Posts: 475 Member
    edited June 2013
    Firstly, thank you Crin for doing this once again, it's really appreciated.

My problem relates to the Uni World

The problem I have is in my existing game, I have 2 sims at Uni,they were in their final week at uni, just before taking their final exams in my last save prior to updating with the new patch. Now they are stuck in the Uni world. I played an additional week at Uni to see if they would leave at the end but they haven't. They are currently in their 4th week at Uni and are showing no signs of leaving.

Neither sim was due to graduate. 1 of the sims was in his second term at Uni and his partner was in his first term

If I could find a solution to this I would be very grateful as I am trying to avoid making them drop out

Questions
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods No
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I removed them before installing the patch - Twallans mods - and cleared my cache
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? I have not re-installed any mods
    5. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ? The patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.55
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? An existing one
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? The sims are second generation
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? custom
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7 64bit
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download
  • Sneakyfour20Sneakyfour20 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    Did you try just bulldozing the lot ?

As for the moodfix, it should be fixed so wonder why you still have it. Maybe it's different issue. It doesn't change the fact that the mod has not been cleared by buzzler though and it might cause issues.

Yes, bulldozing or trying to move to the bin both process for hours (in real life) :p, and never stop, and its only effecting the tavern and my homelot, i can move and delete the other lots with no issues and normal processing time, tho a glimmer of hope, seeing as I am able to move the household without the house, and put everything I could into the family inventory, so not a full loss now, but going to suck losing the house and the other things that cant go into the family inventory.

as for the moodfix, I have tried without any mods when I did the factory reset, so IDK that seems like a mute point as it seems to be narrowed down to only my homelot and the tavern, and the new game works fine with all the mods, but I understand that all mods are a risk and that why they are the first to get taken out when a issue shows up
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited June 2013
    EatChees wrote:
    Just a heads up to everyone having a sim resetting issue when ordering drinks from bars. If you have this issue all professional bars will need to be replaced. Something to do with the new pool bar coding I imagine.

Thanks cheese
    edited June 2013
    @Mstybl95: Why do you have EADM still on your computer ? EADM is Origin now. Install Origin next time or just use the manual patches. SimsVIP or myself, we have the links quite fast most of the time.

@Msrednotdead: So it's basically unclear which bars are affected. I'll add your report to the issue

@Juliana01: Those pesky mods. There's always one somewhere ;)

I would try a factory reset and if that doesn't help, post in tech.

The long loading times might have something to do with the tmp files in DCCache. Still investigating this one. Try deleting the tmp files and bypass the launcher to start the game to see if it gets faster. Starting the launcher will recreate those. I opened a thread on the issue here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/687927.page

@emilzydiva: :)

@okido1987: I'll add your pictures. Re Launcher see my answer to Juliana01. Thanks for the info on the stilted house.

@CaruTempestarii: Thanks, I'll add that extra info

@applefeather2: Thanks. Do we have any threads on the stilted houses I could link here ?

@Tiki5872: I think you saw my other thread. Did you try deleting those tmp files yet ?

@Sinkala: I would drop out. It's probably the only option.

@Sneakyfour20: Can I take a look at that game ? What world are you playing ? If you're willing to share, upload the savegame to some file sharing site where I don't have to register to download, preferably mediafire and post the link on my myPage (or send me a PM here: http://answers.ea.com/ (everyone with an Origin account can post there)

I'm off to bed so if you send me the game, I'll check it tomorrow.

=================

Good Night. Compiling in the morning.

Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• vampireblueberryvampireblueberry Posts: 32 New Member
    edited June 2013
    um hi my game been frezzeing and this happen olny after Installed the patch and bulid a house at the beach please help
  • tmoore1989tmoore1989 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2013
    ok yall lol so I just backed my game up and uninstalled everything, reinstalled the base game and updated to patch 1.50 then installed all my expansions and then placed all my backed up files in the game, that's the only way I can play by not installing this 1.55 patch, until they release a update on how they fixed it I will not be upgrading the patch smh lol
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    edited June 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @applefeather2: Thanks. Do we have any threads on the stilted houses I could link here ?
    I just have this one, if that's what you need.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/687698.page
  • braswelhouseholdbraswelhousehold Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I am not using mods nor have I ever, I just installed patch 1.55. I was trying to move existing family to another town and they never moved. I now can't save the game, edit town, or anything that requires loading screen. I get messages like my sims are traveling. I started a new game in a new town and the same thing happened and I didn't try a move that sim I just wanted to edit the town. Both town I experienced this in are Aurora Skies and Sunlit Tides, I am using windows 7 and all games were downloaded, I have every EP except 70,80, and 90's stuff.
  • MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited June 2013
    Since the 1.55 patch, the Hewnsman Spiral Staircase when stacked on top of each other is a bit broken. When going to use the stairs to get to a lower floor, the sims path is blocked. If they climb the stacked stairs all the way to the top and then use the stairs to go to the level they want, then the path isn't broken. Nor is it broken going up the stairs. The other two types of spiral stairs (including the new one with the patch) are not affected and functioned fine in my testing, just the Hewnsman. Tested the stairs in all four rotations and the same thing happens.
  • Sneakyfour20Sneakyfour20 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @Sneakyfour20: Can I take a look at that game ? What world are you playing ? If you're willing to share, upload the savegame to some file sharing site where I don't have to register to download, preferably mediafire and post the link on my myPage (or send me a PM here: http://answers.ea.com/ (everyone with an Origin account can post there)

Would not mind at all to share the world, but mediafire has a 200MB cap for free use, and the file zipped is 916Mb... so I will look for a hosting site that could hold that, unless you have skype, then its a simple ftp to send it and I have a 5MB upload, so it wouldnt take too long, just a thought. Ill pm you my skype name.
  • janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited June 2013
    @janvel831: Could you maybe post in tech and have them take a closer look at your specs. They might have an idea over there. If not, come back and I'll add.

I will post in technical tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks :)
  • CaruTempestariiCaruTempestarii Posts: 55 New Member
    edited June 2013
    okido1987 wrote:

Hi, Crin.

I just build a house on stilted foundations and the deck towards the house is pretty far in the water. My newspaper gets delivered onto the deck though without any problems. I was wondering if you guys have multiple doors leading to the outside? Because I did use the "set to front door" action on the front door. Maybe if you have multiple doors the paper girl/boy wants to deliver it to the back door instead.....

Honestly I didn't save as I was just playing around with the update. I'll build another tomorrow and try that and see what happens. When the issue ocurred for me there weren't actually any doors or walls on the lot at all; it was all an open-air style. The actual 'house' portion was very far in the water near where the papers were being delivered.
    edited June 2013
    @vampireblueberry: Please answer the questions in the second post

@tmoore1989: It's best if you post in the tech forum.

@applefeather2, CaruTempestarii: I thought about a thread with tips and tricks about building the stilted houses and also discussing issues. Maybe someone feels like making one ?

@braswelhousehold: Did you try to move from the phone menu or did you click yes on the message on the beginning (if you got one) ?

@MeestorMark: Sounds like the spiral stair case issue that was there before. Did you try rotating the stair to see if any direction works ? I'll add to see if someone can test in their game too

@Sneakyfour20: I'll answer your PM shortly.

@janvel831: :)

Not many bugs I guess. This is goooodddd. Let the weekend fun begin.

== UPDATED THROUGH HERE ==
    AHQ Tutorial

• daisylee910daisylee910 Posts: 73 Member
    edited June 2013
    My sim that drank an age freeze potion is aging. I had her eat 16 life fruit, got the popups that her life was extended, but I can see no difference in the age bar. I also have had the resetting at the professional bars.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? NRAAS
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods - NRAAS the updated ones
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) - I patched to a clean game
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? yes I have the updated mods
    5. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ? patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.55
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? existing
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? existing sim
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? custom one I made that did not have this problem in the past
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    DVD
  • MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited June 2013
    Just wanted to update on the bars issue, Have gone through all my worlds that already ahve bars in and tried using them with no problem. Any bars that I have downloaded from the exchange and placed in game after patching have the reset sim bug. Next test is to use the bars (EA ones) that are in the lot bin but not placed and see if they have the reset sim bug. An then I will search the exchange for bars made since the patch and try them out.
  • daisylee910daisylee910 Posts: 73 Member
    edited June 2013
    One other thing - I have an IF that shows as a sim and not an IF even though she has not taken the potion to change from an IF to a sim. She shows as a sim with the little ball above her head.

As for the bars, the one that has been resetting sims for me so far is the dive bar professional one. My sim has not been in any places with the better bar yet to see if it does it also in my game.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi again. Reporting that the "take photo with" interaction on the UL smartphone is not working for me either. It is exactly the same as creativegal16 said, the sims just stand there until the action is canceled out.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    N/A
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    I've never used them.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    N/A
    5. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ?
    Just the patch.
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    Exisiting
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    Exisiting
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA - Hidden Springs
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Mac
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    DVD
    12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    Home World
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • TanglepawTanglepaw Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi Crin. Thanks for all the hard work.
    I have been having trouble since the patch.
    I have tried to run an existing game and when the program loads and asks me whether or not I'd like to move between worlds, it hangs at that point.
    I had previously saved this family out to the library prior to the patch (for I have patched before) and have tried loading them in a new game after clearing caches. I do not get the move interaction, but when the social groups notification comes up, they family hangs there.
    I am able to start a new game not using any of the previous saves/library files.
    Any recommendations?

I do not have any mods running. I have some CC (Fresh Prince's cars)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top