Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Bug Thread

Comments

• Sneakyfour20Sneakyfour20 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @Sneakyfour20: Try factory reset and start a new game to see if the issue continues

User MCaroll has already done a reinstall and has a similar issue, did try a new game and the issue was still present, I will attempt a factory reset tomorrow.

Also my roommate has no issues playing with the patch, but she doesnt have as many expacs.

What we both have:
    Ambitions
    High end Loft
    Late Night
    Pets

She doesn't have the ones below but I do:
    Seasons
    Showtime
    Supernatural
    University
    World Adventures
  • Cara355Cara355 Posts: 174 Member
    edited June 2013

I started a new world, sunset valley, i had removed my mods and cc previously and waited to patch for 24 hours, then installed it. I went into create-a-sim, and clicked on "hair" the button was highlighted but the menu didn't appear, the personality, clothes, face, and so forth seemed to work fine.

I tried clicking on the sim's head to edit hair and nothing happened. After finding this problem i didn't stay in create a sim to test, but i exited and re-entered, it still didn't work, and i got this odd glitch where the sim's boxes appeared as if i had 10 sims filling up the bottom of the screen with no faces. It went away but it was still odd to see.

I felt i should come and report this problem, since editing hair in create a sim is pretty important. And i still can't edit the sim's hair, both a preset sim and a sim i built which had been set upon arriving in CAS.
    My operating system is windows 7 and i have the disk versions for all my games. Just to fill out the information list.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @Sneakyfour20: Try factory reset and start a new game to see if the issue continues

User MCaroll has already done a reinstall and has a similar issue, did try a new game and the issue was still present, I will attempt a factory reset tomorrow.

Also my roommate has no issues playing with the patch, but she doesnt have as many expacs.

What we both have:
    Ambitions
    High end Loft
    Late Night
    Pets

She doesn't have the ones below but I do:
    Seasons
    Showtime
    Supernatural
    University
    World Adventures

Factory reset and reinstall are not the same. User files are left over most of the time on reinstalling. It's the user files that need resetting.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited June 2013
    Cara355 wrote:
    I started a new world, sunset valley, i had removed my mods and cc previously and waited to patch for 24 hours, then installed it. I went into create-a-sim, and clicked on "hair" the button was highlighted but the menu didn't appear, the personality, clothes, face, and so forth seemed to work fine.

I tried clicking on the sim's head to edit hair and nothing happened. After finding this problem i didn't stay in create a sim to test, but i exited and re-entered, it still didn't work, and i got this odd glitch where the sim's boxes appeared as if i had 10 sims filling up the bottom of the screen with no faces. It went away but it was still odd to see.

I felt i should come and report this problem, since editing hair in create a sim is pretty important. And i still can't edit the sim's hair, both a preset sim and a sim i built which had been set upon arriving in CAS.
    My operating system is windows 7 and i have the disk versions for all my games. Just to fill out the information list.

Did you also clear your cache files ? It might be best to do a factory reset as well to see if the issue persists.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited June 2013
    midge719 wrote:
    Did try factory settings, uninstalled the whole lot again and again, give up.

If you wanna try again later, it might be best to post in tech.
    AHQ Tutorial

• bngbedardbngbedard Posts: 528 Member
    edited June 2013
    crinrict wrote:

@bngbedard: If it's just that one savegame then something is laggy about that. Maybe it's the Sim itself, maybe it's something in town. All I can recommend is using ErrorTrap (which is updated) or Overwatch (which isn't yet so wait with that) and see if it helps matters. Make a backup of your game before trying.

Thanks for the info and help! I installed ErrorTrap and it said, "error trapped recorded: 1" does the mod automatically fix this?

Thanks again for the info.
    edited June 2013
    Yes, you don't need to do anything. Just let it run for a while then you can take the mod back out and test if your issue is gone.
    AHQ Tutorial

• JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited June 2013
    @Jenieusa: I think it's supposed to be in buyDebug. Did you check there ?

ok yes i knew that...however i just went through it again and found it...thank you :)
    edited June 2013
    I'm gone for the rest of the day. Be back early tonight to check up on the thread.
    AHQ Tutorial

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hiya. Not looking for a magic fix or anything, just thought I'd report that the blur seems to be rather blackened since the patch.

In an existing game:

29a5fd66-92ed-4ab3-8be2-668689ba92e9.jpg

In a new game:

4ad8c91c-f393-40db-9ae3-f1266432d838.jpg

My details, in case you need them:

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No
    2-4: N/A
    5. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ? Patch Only
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.55.4.022017
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Both
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Pre-Made
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA (RV & ST)
    10. What is your Operating System? Windows 7 64-Bit
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? Download
    12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World? Home

-Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 955 ~ 3.2 Ghz
    -Amount of RAM: 8GB
    -Graphic Card: NVidia Geforce GTS 450
    -Do you have advanced rendering on? Yes
    -What date has your graphic card driver? 15 Mar 2013
  • paramudduckparamudduck Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2013
    crinrict FYI the "Finding Devices and Updating Drivers" link in your first post goes to a

"AN ERROR OCCURRED!
    Refresh this page or try another search term at the Help homepage."

page.

• okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited June 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    Rename the user folder is what that is. Should be linked on the first page - first post I think (Factory reset). Just rename the user folder to reset to a vanilla game and then try if you have the same issue.

Ohw sorry must have missed it, was kinda tired :D

I did the factory reset and started a game in Starlight Shores, now I didn't have any problems with the wall mirror. I also think I will just keep this new (clean) folder and delete the old one, my saves are not that important and IP will come out next week so I will start a new one anyways.
    I will however put my passport and challenge data back, other than that I will start re-installing store stuff. Luckily I have those backed up so re-downloading shouldn't be necessary.

Thank you very much for the help! I really appreciate all the work you guys put in this helping others!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @LaBlue0314: Could you post a pic of the pixels ? Could you answer the questions in the second post ? Any mods ? Existing game ? Same issue on new game ?

You asked me to post a picture of the dark pixels, just look at the pictures elanorbreton posted, that is what I'm seeing.
    Hiya. Not looking for a magic fix or anything, just thought I'd report that the blur seems to be rather blackened since the patch.

In an existing game:

29a5fd66-92ed-4ab3-8be2-668689ba92e9.jpg

In a new game:

4ad8c91c-f393-40db-9ae3-f1266432d838.jpg

I am not using any mods, and it is also happening in both an old game and new game for me as well.
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited June 2013
    I cannot seem to place lots half on the sea :?
  • jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited June 2013
    YellowJane wrote:

It really depends on where u are trying to place them and what towns you own

I found so far only Riverview and Sunlit Tides has places to place lots half in the water

sunset Valley and starlight shores where a bust for doing that :(
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited June 2013
    jacqpinks wrote:
    YellowJane wrote:

I found so far only Riverview and Sunlit Tides has places to place lots half in the water

Okay, I was trying in Twinbrook, where there aren't rwlly a huge beaches :/ Thanks!
    How do the new foundations become 3D? Mine look like flat things :P
  • Nirar22Nirar22 Posts: 172 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hello Crin :D (and team!) Thanks for doing another bug thread! I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, I'm just mentioning it because I thought it was strange. I started a new game in Sunset Valley, I added Agnes to the Goth house, then I used the new Move to a New Town phone interaction, and moved the Goths and Agnes to Dragon Valley. By the time they *arrived*, Agnes was no longer related to Cornelia, of course w/o MC I couldn't fix them, lol The family tree is gone (beyond Mortimer/Cornelia/Gunther) not sure if that is intended or not.

Info in case it is needed:

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No mods

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods n/a

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)Took them out

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? n/a

5. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ? Patch

6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.55

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? EA Pre-made resident

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA-Sunset Valley/Dragon Valley

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? both

Thank you! :)

(Oh, btw, the save function has been fixed, I was so excited about that. I won't need to use Saver anymore. It was so lovely to reload my game and have it already paused! :D )

ETA---the other EA world I used (for the move)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    The Stone Kings--my Random Royal Kingdom Challenge

Full of Beans--a Perfect Genetics, Midnight Sun, ISBI rolled into one challenge
  • jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited June 2013
    YellowJane wrote:

Okay, I was trying in Twinbrook, where there aren't rwlly a huge beaches :/ Thanks!
    How do the new foundations become 3D? Mine look like flat things :P

No worries, maybe test in another town to test it :)

you will prob need to show what u mean in a pic.
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • HOBBLEIHOBBLEI Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2013
    After installing the 1.55 patch CAW crashes on start up.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? yes, but they were removed for installation of the new patch.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods: I was but I removed them for the update and have not reinstalled them yet.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? no

5. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ? Patch

6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.55

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? n/a

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? n/a

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? n/a

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 8

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? n/a
    edited June 2013
    @elanorbreton, LaBlue0314: I'll add

@paramudduck: Thanks for the heads up. I'll correct that. (EDIT: HM. Works for me. Might be a language setting issue)

@okido1987: Glad that help. I'll remove the issue.

@YellowJane, jacqpinks: Not adding for now. Maybe there's a thread for this. I'm sure it's going to be a widely discussed topic :)

@Nirar22: I'll add

@HOBBLEI: Did you download the newest caw version ? Seems it has a lower version number than the current one.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    AHQ Tutorial

• DaletheSimDaletheSim Posts: 430 New Member
    edited June 2013
    daciasil wrote:
    One thing you can do if you are getting the 'invalid file' error is to patch manually instead of through the launcher. You can try using the super patch, which is pretty huge at 1.3 gigabytes, but it will definitely work. You can get manual patch for 1.55 here: http://simsvip.com/2013/06/18/sims-3-game-update-1-55-61813/
    Good luck :)

Thanks, this worked. I just can't figure out why the super patch works and the other doesn't. It must be a bad file in the updater program right? Because with the super patch it was so much quicker. It's just weird but thanks again.
  • MCarollMCaroll Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank you! I will.
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited June 2013
    jacqpinks wrote:
    YellowJane wrote:

I put a 64x64 lot on the Sunset Valley beach. I made a pier with stores on it.
  • chutton88chutton88 Posts: 67 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi, I have very strange gameplay bugs. The ones that I have come across so far is that my child sims can play in the sand all the time, regardless of where they are - even in houses. Example:
    dmecyt.jpg
    xm5qvc.jpg

And my robbers show up in their swimwear...
    nmxaog.jpg

My game worked perfectly fine prior to this patch... :(
  • Juliana01Juliana01 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2013
    My Game wont start at all since I patched the game! :cry:

The Launcher starts fine (just takes a little longer than before), the game starts fine, I can choose an existing game or a new one and it starts to load but then stops at like 99%.

I removed all mods and CC before patching but I have a massive amount of store content installed. I even created a new sims 3 folder to see if that would help.

Any ideas? :?: I'm going nuts without my simmies!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top