Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

my game will not load setra

fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
I resently downloaded setra from the exchange and when i chose it as the world i was going to play in, it started loading, then it went to my home screen and said (the sims 3 is not working)in then quit my game. This has happend every time i try to star a new game in setra. how do i fix this without unininstalling all of my games? PLEASE HELP

Comments

• chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi,
    Do you have all the required expansions?
    If not the world will not load.. i think WA is the expansion that you need the most.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    edited June 2013
    I have WA and LN but I don't have pets but that's never been a problem in other worlds
    edited June 2013
    This come from the offical setra thread :
    "I've been seeing a lot of people who are experiencing crashing issues when trying to load the world. Remember: you need ALL expansion packs up to and including Pets for the world to work properly."
    So it seems you must have pets for it to work properly :( sorry
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

edited June 2013
    Thanks for the help... I own pets I just don't have it installed if I install it will it work?
    edited June 2013
    Well i have setra downloaded and installed and works fine (i have all expansions)
    so i dont see why it would'nt.
    One thing though, setra is a big world so you must have a good pc in order to play it lag free, if you post your dxdiag i can look over it for you
    instructions for dxiag can be found here :
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/537610.page
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

edited June 2013
    Thank u it finally worked! Friend me if u want
  • LizuellaLizuella Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I downloaded setra and now my computer is broken. thx for nothing pyronium3 :cry:
  • Inkedart3Inkedart3 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I cant load it and it crashes my game plz reply
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2013
    Usually the creators only reply on their own threads - so if I was you I would do a search for Setra and post in his thread - I just know with Setra you need All ep up through Pets and at least 6 gigs of ram to play without problems as it is a very big and detailed worlds with a big population - but you want him to answer - you really need to post in his thread. Also he does not hand around when he is not working on a world here - he has a life and a job and is very busy - so it might take him a while.

Last a world cannot break your pc period. If your pc broke it was just time and the world was too big for what equipment you have - that is why it is important to find a world thread before you download and see the requirement and you need to meet at least what the creator lists. But no world can break a pc - technically.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• munchie801munchie801 Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    i am haveing the same problem :( do I need to have outdoor living for the world to work :?: I have all the expansion pack and stuff packs up to pets but not outdoor living! please reply asap! :):(
  • CraziiMikuCraziiMiku Posts: 436 Member
    edited May 2014
    munchie801 wrote:
    i am haveing the same problem :( do I need to have outdoor living for the world to work :?: I have all the expansion pack and stuff packs up to pets but not outdoor living! please reply asap! :):(

Probaly not as it just contains - well, stuff.
  • mxxngoddessmxxngoddess Posts: 1 New Member
    I know this thread is pretty old but I'm having issues with this world. I have all the required expansions packs loaded although one time I mistakenly opened the game without WA active. This is my first time running across this problem because it used to work and would load. Now it just crashes not even halfway through the loading screen. I've tried reinstalling it thinking maybe it was just corrupted but I don't believe it worked unless I didn't uninstall fully in the first place. Can anyone help me? I really would like to play this world again. :(