Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    edited January 2020
    I am finally starting my story. I've been writing it today after taking many many screenshots. I'm part way through the first gen with the child as a teenager so I figured I could start writing because I know a bit of how I want the story to unfold. It's also really my first time playing Sims 3 so I have a lot to learn.

I just also finally got a Sims 3 profile to work. And I'm going to need lots of pointers as I'm a newbie.

edit: Story Link
    Post edited by Shadami on
  • VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member

Hiya @Carlimact ! Nice to see you pop in. I think nearly all of the old stories have died away. I know I haven't touch my S3 GS in AGES. I am afraid to try honestly because it was so messed up.
    I hope you are doing well and have fun in HI! I am going in Aug for a race weekend and I can't wait!
    I hope y our laptop gets fixed fast.

@jazen Hiya and Happy New Year! What have you been working on?

@Shadami It is hard for me to imagine someone who is new to sims 3! I hope you enjoy it, it has a LOT more depth and subtlety than 4. I recommend looking into a couple of MODs to keep it running properly. I think they're linked on the 1st page of this thread.
    I will pull up your link and read it this afternoon, how exciting!
    Also the next time I play 3 I will try to friend you. I don't get to play any sims much these days :-(

All-
    I did indulge last weekend and bought tiny living stuff and I LOVE it. I have been a fan of tiny houses since 3 and this adds a nice extras challenge in your build. I got to play for 3 whole hours! I made a small house with a room mate. Everything was going great until I got distracted and my flirty sim hooked up with the roommate, then broke up with him, then attacked one of his girlfriends....oops
    I know. ^^;; I only just started playing Sims at all a couple years ago. I think get to work had just come out?
  • jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    Hey @Vuneca I was wondering about the Tiny Living pack. It looks fun but I do wish it had more things attached to it. Maybe it'll come in patches like solar panels and things that would help your sims live off the grid. That would be a fun way to play for sure. I have been debating on paying full price for a S4 pack finally LOL If you get a chance, show off your build. :)

I'm still slowly working on my Going Solo story. I want to finish out at least Cameron's gen but since most of my time these days goes towards my book writing loading S4 when I want downtime is just so much easier due to it loading much faster.

Hello @Shadami Welcome and hope you're enjoying the challenge. I agree with Vuneca about mods and such. There are a few that help the game run a little smoother.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

I downloaded a bunch of the suggested ones when I first started. Ummm progression and something else I think. I forget xD

I've also been reading through the stories posted on the front page
  • french_vanilla13french_vanilla13 Posts: 586 Member
    Hey! How is everyone?
    polariod_1

Pretty good. Throwing a birthday party for my Sims and watching a bunch of people crash the party.
    Also wondering how exactly the heir thing works for the cheat generation where you have five kids....
  • carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    Hello everyone!
    I have a new laptop and I'm in the process of downloading the sims 3. I want to start the challenge again with my original founder. I missed this game so much I swear. The Pham's will never die on my watch
  • jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    yay @carlimact congrats on your new laptop. I was looking at the chapters I have currently and want to get back to my story. Can't wait for your new updates.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

Hello Everyone!
    My internet has been real funky these last couple days so I had to with hold this little update. Seems to be working now though. Fingers crossed!
    Going Solo Redux: Trang 1.1
    Screenshot-20.jpg
    Click the link!
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry, I have been away from here so long but I had a family emergency. It was my father's health that took a turn for the worst which become a big issue last August and he passed away at the end of March.

I'm starting to miss my sims so enough time has passed for me to return to my normal life. I'm pretty sure I am done with Sims 4 as I don't even miss that game. I'm not giving up on the two stories yet but I know I'm not ready to start writing now. I'm just going to play for fun at the moment

I do hope that everyone here is fine and safe from the virus.

Take Care
    @Piazzagirl1015 I'm so sorry to here about your dad! I'm sending you virtual hugs!

Here's another update from me.
    Going Solo Redux: Trang 1.2
    Screenshot.jpg

Click the Link!
    I decided to start in the Sims 4 too!
    Going Solo: Alicia 1.1
    05-03-20_3-34-28%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Click the Link!
    Another update from me!
    Going Solo Redux: Trang 1.3
    Screenshot-8.jpg

Click the Link!
    Hello everyone!
    For those that enjoy the misadventures of Quintalyn Pham, I started the 100 baby challenge with her again. This time featuring her favourite thing: Fire

Click the Link
    @Piazzagirl1015 I am so sorry to hear about your father. I know there is really nothing that can be said or done will really help but please know we are thinking of you <3

@carlimact Yay, nice to see the Pham family back at it!

@jazen what are you working on now with your writing? I think the last time I checked in was right after your sequel came out.

We are living at a very odd time right now. We are lucky in that we live in the country now and my husband can work from home but I worry about my kids and in that they are missing their friends terribly. I hope all of you are safe and secure.
    I have been fiddling around in TS4 just for fun but it is so superficial that it doesn't hold me long. I am trying to get TS3 working but only have of my EP and NONE of my store content will load. I miss how the sims used to be my favorite way to relax and have fun
    Y'all I have an update!
    Or The Pham's are as dramatic as ever
    Going Solo Redux: Trang 1.4

Screenshot-20.jpg

Click the Link!
    edited July 2020
    Gen 2 is here!
    Going Solo Redux: Maya 1.2
    Screenshot-105.jpg

Click the Link!
    Lol I'm keeping this thread alive
    Going Solo Redux: Maya 2.2
    Screenshot-43.jpg

Click the Link!
    Hi @carlimact , I'm glad that you are!

My comp died, like I lost EVERYTHING and just loaded up a fresh windows install. No saves, No MODs, even lost some of my kids baby pictures.

Where we live now we are dealing with the horrendous smoke, nearby fires, virtual school for the kids, and snail fast internet. I have been trying to install sims 3 for FOUR days! If/when it every gets working and I hunt down at least the MODs that make the game playable, I may start a fresh GS, though I hate to give up on my original family line. They are totally unrecoverable.

Does anyone still have any of my original Solo sims in game that they could share? Maybe I'll reboot with one of them.

I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. This has got to be the weirdest year I have ever lived through,
    I wish I could help but I only just recently learned how to share sims
    I appreciate the thought @Shadami
    @Shadami I have been reading your blog but it will not let me comment! I think it may b e my incredibly bad internet but all I get are errors. I am reading and enjoying it though!
    One of the comments went through. I had to approve it though. XD so no idea. And thank you!! ^^ storyline gets a bit wonky later on. In all my stories really. I've been in a therapeutic instead of story writing mood.
    So I realized I'm a fool and didn't post this update....like how?
    Going Solo Redux - Maya 2.3: Bending Backwards
    Screenshot-2.jpg
    Click the Link!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top