Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Idea...

Okay so I was thinking...

Maybe with the Sims 4 exchange... When it says the EP.... it says which item came with the EP.

Does that make sense?

Comments

• Options
    EmpressYuuKnowEmpressYuuKnow Posts: 261
    edited June 2013
    Elaborate, please?
  • Options
    QuinnieThePooh14QuinnieThePooh14 Posts: 11
    edited June 2013
    Elaborate, please?
  • Options
    artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited June 2013
    Okay say a Sim on the Exchange had a hair from Late Night.

It would have like 'Hair-Everyday-Late Night EP'

• Options
    Jamesmc2012Jamesmc2012 Posts: 1,264 New Member
    edited June 2013
    artlove1 wrote:
    Okay say a Sim on the Exchange had a hair from Late Night.

It would have like 'Hair-Everyday-Late Night EP'

This sounds good in theory, but it might become a bit extensive with lots where people use a LOT of things from various different expansions. Not saying it's not doable, just adding that thought to the mix ;)
  • Options
    EmpressYuuKnowEmpressYuuKnow Posts: 261
    edited June 2013
    That would be hard because... The dev's are lazy.
  • Options
    MistermoomanMistermooman Posts: 265 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I honestly don't see the point in seeing the individual objects, since you can't buy the individual objects from EP's like you can with most store items.

Maybe there should be a chart instead, that shows certain dependency on the EP. Like say, you use a lot of objects from Late Night and Showtime, and when it's uploaded, it'll say 23% Showtime, 18.3% Late Night, or something like that.

That way you know if there's any use in downloading a lot if it uses an EP that you don't have. If the lot only uses .01% of an EP, you're okay to download it without much missing, or if it's 83.4%, it's best not to download until/if you get that EP.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2013
    I honestly don't see the point in seeing the individual objects, since you can't buy the individual objects from EP's like you can with most store items.

Maybe there should be a chart instead, that shows certain dependency on the EP. Like say, you use a lot of objects from Late Night and Showtime, and when it's uploaded, it'll say 23% Showtime, 18.3% Late Night, or something like that.

That way you know if there's any use in downloading a lot if it uses an EP that you don't have. If the lot only uses .01% of an EP, you're okay to download it without much missing, or if it's 83.4%, it's best not to download until/if you get that EP.

I love your idea!

It should definitely show all the store content because you can buy those items individually--but I would like if it showed a percentage of the EP/SP dependant content.

I love to use Sims 3 Store stuff and the Exchange is really poor with listing what is in a lot especially. It's not too bad with Sims because there's only so much stuff a sim can have. When I build a lot, often the list doesn't show all the items I used. Also, the list often shows content that I didn't use at all! Such as the Christmas Stockings. I rarely ever use that stuff, but I have some lots that say they include that. They can't even reasonably include something that might've been based off the Christmas Stockings :roll:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    StarunaStaruna Posts: 417 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I love your idea, OP. That way you know if it's just a hair that will be missing if you don't have the EP, or 90& of the sim. Though, actually, I would just love to see a full list of items included that you can expand. That way you know exactly what is going into your game, and can have the option to uncheck anything you don't want. This would help with the CC mess as well.