Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Houses

Hmm... something I was thinking about yesterday was the houses that are going to be in the Sims 4.

I was thinking... let's have houses that you need to fix up!

fixer+upper.jpg

*RANDOM GOOGLE IMAGE!*

Yes it is a stretch. But I think it would add a lot to the general building aspect of the game!

Also, this is a DRAMA FREE thread!! NO ARGUING! THANK YOU

Comments

• simseatcakesimseatcake Posts: 230 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Great idea! SimguruGraham said that there would be a “foreclosed” resort in Island Paradise, so maybe in the Sims 4 we will have homes like the one pictured above that we could repair. I don’t have Supernatural, but I am pretty sure there are a couple of old homes that look like the one you posted. If anyone has Supernatural, could you confirm/deny this and maybe post a picture?
    -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zuQjlu87FE
    This is the interview where he commented on the foreclosed resort.
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    edited June 2013
    oh I love this idea superb
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited June 2013
    Yeah why not since there are times when you move your sims into their house and you get the opportunity box popping up to clean your house that was dirty by a previous owner. You go around and clean up dirty dishes, trash laying around and such... :D
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    edited June 2013
    I downloaded a custom town from Carl's Sims 3 website which had a block of houses that had been styled in disrepair and needed 'fixing up' - it was cool even though not much was technically broken! So if they added things like broken windows that needed replacing, walls with holes, burnt out rooms... oh, now that would be cool XD

If you ever played The Sims on the Nintendo Gamecube, in scenario mode you moved into a house that had been damaged in a fire. Half the kitchen was missing, appliances were broken and there was trash everywhere from teenagers that had been partying there. Your challenge was to fix it up - it was a lot of fun!

So yes, I would love to see this :)
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited June 2013
    Oh this is a fantastic idea! I once downloaded a mansion from the exchange where the builder had done a TON of work to make it look really dingy and creepy and as if it were in poor condition. Then I moved in a witch and, as she was able to afford to, she "fixed the place up" and eventually "restored" it to its "original" glory! LOL Kind of had the idea of the Mayfair Mansion from the Anne Rice witch books and it was actually a lot of fun. So actually having a house that IS in need of repair (and therefore can be purchased really cheaply despite its size)is very appealing to me! Bonus if the reason it's so cheap is also because it's HAUNTED! LOL
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited June 2013
    Haha, I thought they already did this with Twinbrook. What a hot mess that town is.
  • ProwlG1GirlProwlG1Girl Posts: 32 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Something like the Summerwind Mansion of WI (before it was destroyed completely) Severely haunted, some say by a demon & ghost. People had moved in to fix it up at one time...
  • KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited June 2013
    I love the idea, OP. And I love the house.

I can see a young couple starting out, planning a big family and wanting to put down roots, but can't afford anything but a tiny starter home or a bigger fixer-upper. Doesn't need to be haunted or full of demons needing exorcising. I'd prefer not to make it supernatural, just a normal house that needs some TLC to make it nice again.

If they aren't handy Sims, maybe they could hire a contractor.
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited June 2013
    Katnap wrote:

I can see a young couple starting out, planning a big family and wanting to put down roots, but can't afford anything but a tiny starter home or a bigger fixer-upper. Doesn't need to be haunted or full of demons needing exorcising. I'd prefer not to make it supernatural, just a normal house that needs some TLC to make it nice again.

Yeah, they should probably save the "haunted fixer upper" for when they put out the Supernatural EP. But they should totally have a haunted version then! :)
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited June 2013
    This sounds like a fun idea! :thumbup:
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited June 2013
    That house is perfect for my supernatural sims :lol: .

I like the idea of fixing the house though. I hope we have some kind of home repair in TS4. It could be a profession for our sims too, like Felix fix it :mrgreen: .

fix_it_felix.jpg"width=250"
  • DART104DART104 Posts: 414 Member
    edited June 2013
    I love this idea!!! :D
  • Nigerian373Nigerian373 Posts: 673 Member
    edited June 2013
    Cool idea!
  • Ladyliberty1301Ladyliberty1301 Posts: 623 Member
    edited June 2013
    love this idea!! Also furniture that decays.
    origin/gallery Id is Snaffles1301
    Twitter @Snaffles1301
    edited June 2013
    love this idea!! Also furniture that decays.

That makes me thinking if my sim sits on a chair, and suddenly one of the chair's leg is broken, my sim will fell down and say "ouch". That will be hilarious :lol::lol: .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcqy0woIeePQ6JwsX0gVrhnNLKx_-Hlp2QjGbSra69fhmdndGc6A"width=250"

I would love to have plenty of animations in TS4. :mrgreen:
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited June 2013
    Katnap wrote:

Yes! This idea is brilliant. My parents were exactly the example described above so they bought a rundown old house and we still live there now. I hate how in the game sims can't afford decent sized houses when they start out. We really do need rundown houses and mortgages.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • HannoieHannoie Posts: 752 Member
    edited June 2013
    I love this idea, OP! I would love the challenge! :D
    Susiechan wrote:
    I like the idea of fixing the house though. I hope we have some kind of home repair in TS4. It could be a profession for our sims too, like Felix fix it :mrgreen: .

fix_it_felix.jpg"width=250"

Pixel-Heart.png

tumblr_mda7pvEaca1qcpupq.jpg

Okay, back on topic ;) I like this idea too, I would really like to see this as a profession :)
    edited June 2013
    Hannoie wrote:
    Okay, back on topic ;) I like this idea too, I would really like to see this as a profession :)

Do we need wreck it Ralph too :wink: ?

wreck-it-ralph-post-21.jpg"width=500"