Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Using an EA Cash Card - A How To Guide

Comments

• angelcat621angelcat621 Posts: 350 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Help! After using these cards perfectly the last couple of months, now I can't get the eacashcard.com site to even load!
    I just get this message:

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "Connection refused"
    The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

What the heck? I've never seen this error before. Is there site maintenance going on? I hope I don't miss the extremely short sale on the Bohemian Garden because of this. Anyone else run into this issue? Any help or reply is appreciated.

*Goes back to watching Carl Sagan's original Cosmos.*

Edit: I went to this site instead of eacashcard.com and it worked:
    http://www.ea.com/1/game-cards

However, now the Sims site is telling me the server is down when I try to buy Simpoints. *Headdesk.*
    Maybe I just chose a bad day to do this. Happy Simming everyone!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • FlashygrrlFlashygrrl Posts: 634 Member
    edited March 2014
    Crap....and here I'd been hoping that it was just having an issue this afternoon. Fortunately I'm not after the Bohemian Set, but seriously EA. Get on it!

ETA: The same worked for me angelcat. Still annoying.
  • imspsimsps Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 2014
    I have the same problem. It took me a while to be able to get the EA cards cashed. Now the Sims 3 store to buy the simpoints is giving me an error message.
    I never used the EA card before or bought simpoints so I am almost glad to hear that it seems to be a systems error.
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited April 2014
    I didn't have any issues getting the ea cards transferred using http://www.ea.com/1/game-cards . Unfortunately, I was trying to get the 5,000 simpoints ($40) and I was like $1 short due to tax. :roll: So, I will have to wait until next week when I get paid from my extra job to get the rest of the money. I wish there was a way to just get on Origin and buy the extra couple bucks you need to push you over, but there is not. How annoying!

There needs to be a JUMPING FOR JOY emoticon!!!!!!! I finally got something to work!!!!!!

Went to origin.com and applied my EA wallet. Then entered my credit card info for the remainder of the sales tax that I couldn't pay for. Yes, I know I'm missing out on the extra gift from the store, but this is the LAST time I use a EA cash card and I wanted my balance to be $0. :) I feel like I can use my debit card now (when I feel like getting simpoints) and it is basically the same. In my opinion, there is only one benefit since tax is charged everywhere now: safety for those who don't want to use there cards online. Now, I wonder how long before my simpoints show up. ;)

Actually, while I was typing this I went real quick to see and my simpoints have already been applied, within a matter of minutes. Woohoo!!!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    edited April 2014
    apparently the website eacachcards.com was taken down and the cards are old and don't have the new website info on them. I had same problem took me an hour to find the correct site to enter the card. I informed ea about this and they are looking into the fact that there are old cards still being sold with the old website listed on it. I purchased my card at gamestop.
  • AgileDramaAgileDrama Posts: 16 New Member
    edited May 2014
    So I got a $20 ea gamecard today...just to find out I need a credit card in order to buy simpoints. Even if I try to choose the $10 1k simpoint bundle instead of the $20 one, it still requires credit card info. If I had wanted to use a credit card for simpoints, I wouldn't have gotten an ea gamecard in the first place :(

EDIT: Nvm, I had to purchase the simpoints off of origin to get them. It would still be a lot easier to just be able to use gamecards on this site.
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited June 2014
    WHAT EA GAMECARD??! When you go ONTO the buy simpoints page and scroll all the way down to the botton you SEE their stupid little crap blurb about being able to purchase a card. EA should have taken *that* down a long time ago. In the now 3-1/2 years that I have been playing, I have NEVER been able to click on that and "buy" a card. I have only been able to just go to the store and buy how much simpoints I can afford.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    I read the info here on EA Cash Cards, and I'm still a little confused. I've used EA Cash cards before to purchase simspoints and World Bundles.

But I'm looking into purchasing the $160 Simspoints Bundle. (Not that I can afford it, I'll have to wait and see if I get any for Christmas, or just buy one or two cards a month, redeem them, and save up). I live in Idaho, and as far as I know, I've never been charged tax when redeeming the cards. I always use the cards, never a credit card. So how would I go about purchasing the largest bundle? Can I redeem several cards for it, or is there some sort of cap on how many you can redeem? $160 comes out to about 8 of the $20 cards.

Also, I can't find anywhere on the Origin website where you can purchase SimPoint Bundles...
  • smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited July 2014
    MsPrissy88 wrote:
    WHAT EA GAMECARD??! When you go ONTO the buy simpoints page and scroll all the way down to the bottom you SEE their stupid little crap blurb about being able to purchase a card. EA should have taken *that* down a long time ago. In the now 3-1/2 years that I have been playing, I have NEVER been able to click on that and "buy" a card. I have only been able to just go to the store and buy how much simpoints I can afford.

you buy the cards in regular real world brick and mortar stores and redeem them online. you cannot buy them online.
    sorry no one has explained that to you in the past 3 1/2 years
  • smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited July 2014
    I read the info here on EA Cash Cards, and I'm still a little confused. I've used EA Cash cards before to purchase simspoints and World Bundles.

But I'm looking into purchasing the $160 Simspoints Bundle. (Not that I can afford it, I'll have to wait and see if I get any for Christmas, or just buy one or two cards a month, redeem them, and save up). I live in Idaho, and as far as I know, I've never been charged tax when redeeming the cards. I always use the cards, never a credit card. So how would I go about purchasing the largest bundle? Can I redeem several cards for it, or is there some sort of cap on how many you can redeem? $160 comes out to about 8 of the $20 cards.

Also, I can't find anywhere on the Origin website where you can purchase SimPoint Bundles...

you save up the cards and can redeem multiple cards and the balance in your EA wallet will continue to build as long as you continue to enter cards. I'm not sure if there is a limit but I'm not sure why there would be since you can buy many things other than points. There IS a cap on points, but I'm not so sure about the cards.
    when you go into/onto Origin you have to use the search function to find simpoints - I haven't ever seen them otherwise. I have used the cards to purchase the $160 bundle more than once.

you save up the cards and can redeem multiple cards and the balance in your EA wallet will continue to build as long as you continue to enter cards. I'm not sure if there is a limit but I'm not sure why there would be since you can buy many things other than points. There IS a cap on points, but I'm not so sure about the cards.
    when you go into/onto Origin you have to use the search function to find simpoints - I haven't ever seen them otherwise. I have used the cards to purchase the $160 bundle more than once.

Thank you!
  • BurningSimsationBurningSimsation Posts: 36 Member
    > @smashbridges20 said:
    > Evenstar606 wrote:
    >
    > I read the info here on EA Cash Cards, and I'm still a little confused. I've used EA Cash cards before to purchase simspoints and World Bundles.
    >
    > But I'm looking into purchasing the $160 Simspoints Bundle. (Not that I can afford it, I'll have to wait and see if I get any for Christmas, or just buy one or two cards a month, redeem them, and save up). I live in Idaho, and as far as I know, I've never been charged tax when redeeming the cards. I always use the cards, never a credit card. So how would I go about purchasing the largest bundle? Can I redeem several cards for it, or is there some sort of cap on how many you can redeem? $160 comes out to about 8 of the $20 cards.
    >
    > Also, I can't find anywhere on the Origin website where you can purchase SimPoint Bundles...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > you save up the cards and can redeem multiple cards and the balance in your EA wallet will continue to build as long as you continue to enter cards. I'm not sure if there is a limit but I'm not sure why there would be since you can buy many things other than points. There IS a cap on points, but I'm not so sure about the cards.
    > when you go into/onto Origin you have to use the search function to find simpoints - I haven't ever seen them otherwise. I have used the cards to purchase the $160 bundle more than once.

I never even dreamt of buying that bundle.. it sure is an expensive hobby. :(
    edited August 2014
    The only way I can buy simpoints is to just go to the site. WHERE are you guys buying these EA Cash Cards??
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    The only way I can buy simpoints is to just go to the site. WHERE ae you guys buying these EA Cash Cards??

I get mine at Walmart or Gamestop. I used to get them at Best Buy too, but haven't gone there in a while. Can't remember if they still sell them.
    edited August 2014
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    The only way I can buy simpoints is to just go to the site. WHERE are you guys buying these EA Cash Cards??

I get mine at Walmart or Gamestop. I used to get them at Best Buy too, but haven't gone there in a while. Can't remember if they still sell them.

Ahh - Ok. I'll have to check the Walmarts here. Don't know if we have a Gamestop, but if we do, I'll check them as well.

Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • TPMoriartyTPMoriarty Posts: 55 Member
    Bookmarked!
    Hate trying to read the little bitty print on those cards! :)
  • SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited September 2014
    I got a 20 dollar sims card,if I go to EA's site to purchase a world for 20 dollars will I be overcharged and not able to use my sim points as well as my redeemed balance to pay for it if I'm overcharged?I haven't done this before and want to make sure before buying and I'm a little unsure about origin since I've never bought anything from there before and don't know if I would get an icon for the world like we get at ea store so,that I can save it on disk or a flash drive.I would appreciate any help anyone could give me on this,thanks.

I went through EA and they wanted to charge me a 1.25 extra besides the 2o points for the 20 dollar roaring heights world.they just asked me for my e-mail address but not for my state,so I was not able to say california.I was wondering if I bought a gift credit card from Walmart and added it to my balance if I would be able to get the world without paying another 20 dollars and tax for another sims game card.this is very frustrating to be so close and then they charge tax which they should state with the bundles before even trying to buy,so needless to say I didn't buy the world. :'(:'(
    Post edited by SuttiPutt on
  • SadistWitch666SadistWitch666 Posts: 78 Member
    edited October 2014
    Update, because it's been a while. To redeem an EA cash card you must first go to this site: www.ea.com/1/game-cards Then you will be prompted to login to your Origin account. This is true whether the card is marked with the Origin logo, or not (as with older cards). The funds then are added to your EA wallet. Funds from your EA wallet may be used on SIMS3 store site or Origin. (Or other.) When you buy a card in a brick and mortar store, you do not get charged tax, but now you do afterwards whether you try and get your SP from SIMS3 or Origin. SIMS3 store now gives this option, but I am sure it will shave off a nice amount of SP's.............Redeem entire EA Account Balance for SimPoints (tax included). If you want to pay for the tax using your credit card, it can be done through Origin but apparently not SIM3 store. It has been a while since I used a card, but did so today. The funds used to take an hour or so to show up, today it was instant.

Where to get these magick EA cards you ask? GameStop, Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, K-Mart and 7-11 that I know about. Call ahead to double check, not every store has them. Don't come back and shoot the messenger LOL
    Post edited by SadistWitch666 on
    28rgwnd.gif

• Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited October 2014
    -snip-

ETA: EA Cash Cards/Game Cards are available from these fine retailers (per the EA Game Cards website):
      7-Eleven
      Best Buy
      Blockbuster
      Gamestop
      Safeway
      Target
      Toys R Us
      Wal*Mart

*with a squeak* SAFEWAY?! What?! Okay granted I don't really look at the Cash Cards but seriously, SAFEWAY?! (just when I think my mind can not be blown up any more...)

Edit: OH~~! Is THAT what they look like! I've seen those around at EB Games. *EB Games is Canada's version of Gamestop*

(Booked the page for later use~) And 5k points for 40 bucks?! Is that US or Foreign? (5k would go a LONG way with my wishlist!)
    Post edited by Cynth220 on
  • VioletPumpkin7VioletPumpkin7 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited October 2014
    I just saw a post on SimsVIP about cards that can be used for The Sims 4. Does anyone know any info as to how these are entered to use them for the Sims 4 only? Tysm!
  • 45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    Im in Canada and I bought a EA cash card in Minneapolis about a year ago and on the back it clearly stated. Only good in the United States and Canada. WRONG. Turned out it was not good in Canada at all and that was after much time spent on the phone with EA reps who at last took the number and just put the money in pts to my Sims 3 account. So if your in Canada and you read on the back Good in the United States and Canada be very careful before you buy....
  • Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    @45rpm I think I can pinpoint your problem. You said you bought it in Minneapolis right? Well did you stop and think that, while yes they are good in both Canada and the US, maybe WHERE you bought it would come into play? If it's bought in the States, then really, THAT'S where it should be redeemed. If it's bought in Canada, then it's redeemable in Canada, depending on where it's actually valid. A lot of Cash/Gift cards exclude places like Quebec, etc. due to Provincial Law or whatever.
  • 45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    Hi Cynth.... I thought it was that to but after much to do with EA they said they card should not even say it was good in the US and Canada. La Belle Province does not come into my situation as I live in Winnipeg. I phoned EA in Vancouver about this and they were of the opinion the card should not even say it was good in Canada at all. The EA support in Austin Texas did not even know the cards said that.
    Honestly, I have never ever seen a EA card in Canada, or at least not in the Winnipeg area and as I travel I have looked in the larger cities
    of Vancouver Calgary and Toronto and never found a one there either. In the end however it all turned out good with about 4 phone calls so I was happy. :)
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Are these still available? I've kept an eye out and all I see is ones for Sims 4 (it says what they're for on the card, but it doesn't really make sense to have cash cards for TS4 anyway..)
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    @Breazona- I think that Walmart and Target may still carry them.
    YShQCz1.png