Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Using an EA Cash Card - A How To Guide

Comments

• Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited June 2013
    smashbridges20, thanks for doing this! It was very kind of you to take the time to do this thread. It is very helpful.
  • fairywitchyfairywitchy Posts: 56 Member
    edited June 2013
    As great as it is that SOME simmers profit from these bonus things and can use cash cards to buy worlds, it would be nice if they'd finally think about players in other countries. I know quite a few fellow simmers on a forum that receive sim points for watching ads every few days and I and thousands of other players do not have this opportunity and then there are the cash cards that I can't buy here in Germany. /rant off
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited June 2013
    This is great and so glad you got the sticky Smash! Congratulations!

I need to look over this again about the taxes because where I live, taxes are almost the cost of some lower cost premium items from the store. Ooo wee, I need to avoid taxes as much as possible. :)
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited June 2013
    blewis823 wrote:

I need to look over this again about the taxes because where I live, taxes are almost the cost of some lower cost premium items from the store. Ooo wee, I need to avoid taxes as much as possible. :)

shhh...don't let the IRS hear you!
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited June 2013
    Great job, Smash.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited June 2013
    woot just noticed the sticky - fantastic!!!!!
    edited June 2013
    Blythelyre wrote:
    blewis823 wrote:

shhh...don't let the IRS hear you!

OK, will keep my volume low...don't want nobody knowing how I step. *snickers*
  • Janina1211Janina1211 Posts: 892 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Is ea Cash Card the Same like simpoints? Cause i never seen it in Germany

Can anybody who has a Credit Card Gift me Dragon Valley and i Gift simpoints or Any store Sets??? Cause i really want this World and want to Pay for it but only have simpoints :( so please can somebody Exchange this World for simpoints with me???
  • smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited June 2013
    Janina1211 wrote:

Can anybody who has a Credit Card Gift me Dragon Valley and i Gift simpoints or Any store Sets??? Cause i really want this World and want to Pay for it but only have simpoints :( so please can somebody Exchange this World for simpoints with me???

you could possibly make this offer in a new thread/post in the store section and/or the world forum but I don't think most people will see your offer in here.
  • ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited June 2013
    Walmart & Best Buy might sell The Sims Cash Cards ($10) which would work just fine as EA Cash Cards w/ those provided instructions.
    edited June 2013
    I thought they discontinued the $10 cards? Have you seen the cards recently?
  • StephBEStephBE Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited June 2013
    A very kind friend gave me two codes so I could buy DV. However it worked up until the zip or in my case post code page popped up, but said there was a system error and I couldn't go any further.

I do now have a zero EA Account Balance at the top of my page next to SimPoints that was never there before.

Would you happen to know if codes from the US can be used in Australia??

Congrats on getting it stickied too, since it has a lot of valuable information. Also it's only been in the last week that this problem has happened to me! Well timed and thank you! :D
    edited June 2013
    I've never been asked for my postal code when I'm using cash cards. When did this pop up? When entering the codes or when trying to buy DV?
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2013
    Janina1211 wrote:

No, it's not the same. Germany/Switzerland/Austria (and possibly other countries) still sell those Simpoint cards. You get simpoints with them while the EA cards is for your Origin account. I haven't seen them being sold in Switzerland either, so I think they are US only. As far as I've heard they're not even available in Canada.

Congrats on getting this stickied Smash :)
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited June 2013
    excuse me but there are only 2 payment options "credit Card" or paypal where does it say "EA Account balance" or what's it called??????? :shock:
    edited June 2013
    Janina1211 wrote:
    excuse me but there are only 2 payment options "credit Card" or paypal where does it say "EA Account balance" or what's it called??????? :shock:

if you followed the steps in the OP, you should see the option of using your EA Account Balance when you check out either on Origin or on this site. What are you trying to buy? A game or points/a world bundle?

if you are purchasing points or a world bundle, click "buy SimPoints" and follow the steps to select your bundle and head to checkout. It will be listed under payment options. If it is already pre-selected for something like PayPal or a credit card, you can choose "change method of payment" and select your EA Account Balance
    edited June 2013
    I know its annoying but i still need your help.

I did everything you said, step by step: I created a new account, bought a Game Card, have an EA Account balance of 20 Dollars and then I did step by step the things to buy dragon valley, but it dont let me choose my ea account balance, the option is there, but i cant click it, i can only click on credit card or pay pal... but if I click on "Ea account balance" it wont let me... so where can i change the payment options? And why cant i click "EA Account balance" The option is there, but I cant choose it... :( I am very dissapointed...
    edited June 2013
    You should see this when you go to check out:

pointspayment_zps24d7144a.jpg

then this after you click "change payment method"

pointspayment2_zps6f400673.jpg

If you do NOT see that, then I would recommend that you call EA.

If you are being charged tax on the purchase, as I am in the pictures above, you will need to get another card put into your account so that the option becomes available. It will not let you pay even 99% of the balance with an EA Account Balance and the rest of a different way.
    edited June 2013
    is there tax on the 20 dollar bundle for dragon valley???

I bought my card at gamestop and when I ask he told me, there is never tax on downloadable items??

I never come to verify & complete.

I have the same picture like your second picture, (payment options) everything is exactly the same, but I can not change between credit card and Pay with your EA Account balance.
    I can only choose between pay pay and credit card.
    When I try to click "pay with your ea account balance" it doesnt work...

so i never come to Verify & Complete (and so i can not change the payment options...)

But if you tell me, that there is tax on the world bundle maybe that is why???
    edited June 2013
    it's possible. Every state is different with their rules. Some do charge tax, and some don't. My state does charge tax for online purchases so when I bought Dragon Valley it wasn't $35, it was $38 and some change. What is the total amount for the purchase? if it isn't exactly $20, that is what the problem is. That's what it's sounding like, anyway.

You can kind of see in the picture above that I am not able to select "pay with balance" option because there is only 27 cents left in my account balance. When there is enough, you should be able to select it.
    edited June 2013
    Woot! Thanks Smash. Never thought to get the simpoints from Origin! Saved myself $2.75. Thanks again.
    edited June 2013
    thx for all your help. I contacted EA two days ago, and told them my Problem. hopefully they write me back.

Now I noticed, that I can buy every bündle (20 Dollar like barnacle bay - WITHOUT TAX) with my EA Account Balance acept the ones that are on sale...

I dont now why, cause if BB dont has tax on it, why should DV should have tax... makes no sense to me... but whatever, I must wait for their answer...

thank you so much for helping me so often!!! :-)
  • efcroninefcronin Posts: 1,050 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank you SO SO much for this thread! I have gotten EA cards from time to time and had no idea you could redeem them this way. I much prefer it like this.

So nice of you!
  • qnoftheamazonqnoftheamazon Posts: 643 Member
    edited June 2013
    About time something like this was stickied. It is going to be super helpful to those who the cards for the first time. :D
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited June 2013
    I haven't figured out the tax/no tax reasoning.

If they ask for zip code, then I get charged tax.

Maybe they saw the loop hole and changed the way it works.

I went to pre-order IP and even though I chose digital download, they wanted the mailing info. I think if they see your zip code, they charge tax.

Solution: California charges no tax. Pick an easy place and zip to remember. (If you aren't getting anything mailed to you, it doesn't matter where they think you live. Also, the street address really only needs some numbers put in, not the whole street address; so I like 123.)