Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create a Pattern Menu...

Not exactly 100% sure how to explain what is going on. I'll try my best.. Okay so on Create A Pattern, I made a pattern. When I am done, I try to hit the little blue circle button in the bottom left hand corner, the one with the "..." on it, but I can't. My tool bar is blocking it, and I cannot minimize the screen (or else it will completely minimize) Or maximize the screen... Any ideas?

Comments

• StripedJessStripedJess Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Anyone know what to do? :(
  • Moondragon007Moondragon007 Posts: 27 Member
    I wish SOMEONE did, cos I have the same problem!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Hello @Moondragon007 :) I am sorry that you are having problems with the tool bar blocking you pushing that button. I hope that you find a solution. Perhaps if you come out of the program and start again it may help. Or you could perhaps reinstall the program? You may lose the pictures that you have stored already there though. I hope you can find a solution.
    I found a solution. It's a bit of a kludge, but it works. First you unlock your taskbar and move it out of the way (right click on a blank spot, uncheck "lock toolbar", then drag it over to one side of the screen). Then, you can get to the "options" menu in CaP. One of the options gives you the choice to go full-screen. Once you've done that, you can move the taskbar back in place and lock it again.
  • bloodvioletbloodviolet Posts: 1,125 Member
    It isn't designed to maximize or minimize it has a fixed window size and you need a computer with a screen resolution that is larger than the program in order to use it.... It's hard for me to tell but I'd guess you need a screen resolution set to about 1280 x 960.
    Oh, I looked at it a bit more. If you go into the Program folder you will see a file named Options.ini. This is where the resolution information is stored. If you open that file with notepad you see this:

Options]
    ResolutionWidth=1024
    ResolutionHeight=768
    Windowed=1
    RefreshRate=0

Theoretically you can just change the settings to whatever you want and then save it and when you oven it up it will be the new size. Hope this helps.
    Oh, I looked at it a bit more. If you go into the Program folder you will see a file named Options.ini. This is where the resolution information is stored. If you open that file with notepad you see this:

Options]
    ResolutionWidth=1024
    ResolutionHeight=768
    Windowed=1
    RefreshRate=0

Theoretically you can just change the settings to whatever you want and then save it and when you oven it up it will be the new size. Hope this helps.

I was bored so I tested it. It seems that it is not possible to change the default resolution. It must be coded to do a check and reset this information at startup. However you can set the default to full screen mode by changing Windowed=1 to Windowed=0.

edited October 2014
    oops, didn't realize this was the same thread.
  • CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    If it's the toolbar itself blocking it then just turn off the blocking bit for the time you are using CAP. I have that happen with some things and my alien askes me if I want to turn it off for those. Otherwise, no idea mate.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I just activate auto-hide the task bar when I use CAP or CAW so the task bar slides down off the screen and it leaves both programs usable.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg