Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather Options

I love seasons, but when I bought it, I really was wanting more realistic weather...

Something I would love to see with a Seasons EP or the base game...

TORNADOES!!!

I think that would be awesome.

Be able to have s storm shelter.. (basement)

I just want Tornadoes!!! That would be great!!!

Comments

• Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    edited May 2013
    I thought it'd be cool if they added in natural disasters, like in simcity.
    I'm praying seasons is even in the base game at all :cry: .
  • Options
    nesgirlnesgirl Posts: 127 New Member
    edited May 2013
    artlove1 wrote:
    I love seasons, but when I bought it, I really was wanting more realistic weather...

TORNADOES!!!

I have a thread that I am actually gathering votes on for natural disasters, disease, violence, and additional deaths.

But I want Tornadoes as well, makes the game more interesting. :twisted:
  • Options
    Alex2315Alex2315 Posts: 639 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think the base game should have weather (like rain, snow, and thunderstorms and stuff) and then maybe an extreme weather EP with tornados, earthquakes, hail storm, heat wave and all that!
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    edited May 2013
    Alex2315 wrote:
    I think the base game should have weather (like rain, snow, and thunderstorms and stuff) and then maybe an extreme weather EP with tornados, earthquakes, hail storm, heat wave and all that!

yeah that would be cool
  • Options
    Cnstnc680Cnstnc680 Posts: 529 Member
    edited May 2013
    Weather in the base game would be amazing. Natural disasters I can take or leave but I'll be pretty disappointed if we go back to summer days all year long. We waited AGES for Sims 3 Seasons and it's only now that I'm fully enjoying the game. Makes everything so much more life-like.
  • Options
    xPyrrhaxPyrrha Posts: 77 Member
    edited May 2013
    artlove1 wrote:

TORNADOES!!!

That would be amazing! :-)
  • Options
    artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thanks everyone!! I was also thinking maybe hurricanes? Especially the beach areas.
  • Options
    playeralyalyweklplayeralyalywekl Posts: 1,345 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't want any natural disasters at all. They will not be doing this either because they have said it is not "in the spirit of the Sims".
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would prefer something a little different than destroying towns we've worked hard to build. I would like "scenarios" such as power outage, storm warning, etc. They had an idea for Sims 2 to have a power outage scenario, but they never brought it out. I would like to play that and also storm warnings or something, without the risk to the buildings I've created :lol:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited May 2013
    I really do not want tornadoes and other major natural disasters. Power outtages would be interesting, however.

I do want more realism, though. The Sims 3's lack of details in some of the seasons really got on my nerves. They did so perfect in some areas (such as autumn altogether, and snow) but others were disappointing like Spring and Winter otherwise. For Spring, I don't know what EA doesn't understand about the fact that there are several varieties of trees that bloom before they grow leaves. Also, IRL when leaves grow during the Spring they start out with a much brighter green color than the one they have during summer. So Spring fails to look like anything other than Summer, once again.

As for winter, I felt like in regards to the plants, The Sims 3 was a step back from The Sims 2, and that's not good because The Sims 2 already wasn't perfect. Winters are too darn green. Yes, the trees lose their leaves, but not only trees lose their leaves for winter. Plenty of bushes do as well. And tall grasses and similar plants turn brown during the winter. I could not believe the lack of detail in regards to this in The Sims 3. Not only did no bushes/shrubs lose their leaves, all of them retained their flowers and looked exactly the same as they do during the summer and, well, every other season in the game. -_- I know that there are varieties of bushes/shrubs that do not lose their leaves during the winter. However, many do, and at the very least, they aren't flowering during the winter.

As long as it took them to get out Seasons, these kinds of lack of details are just beyond frustrating to me. They did quite a few things right, and I will give them credit for that, but please put this amount of detail in this time around. Or at least put Seasons in the base game and then leave time to improve it as the game goes along.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    xromanticxshadowxxromanticxshadowx Posts: 458 Member
    edited May 2013
    we should all demand that seasons should be in BASE or no dice! if enough of us do it it might just happen!
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't want any natural disasters at all. They will not be doing this either because they have said it is not "in the spirit of the Sims".

This. If they already said no for TS3 than more than likely they will say the same for TS4.
  • Options
    AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited May 2013
    Weather like rain, snow and thunder would be nice in the base game. I'm split on the whole natural disasters thing. Maybe they could do an Ep for natural disasters.

I... I really want a volcano.

Not one of those explosive ones that would destroy a whole town... just one daredevil sims can build near. Wonderful soil but possible lava...
  • Options
    AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited May 2013
    And at night... pretty!

volcano-eruption-lava-tungurahua-ecuador-night_35256_600x450.jpg