Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA:

Dear EA;

For the Sims 4, please do not have a same sex premade couple. I understand you support equal rights, but this is not what the Sims should have in it.

If the player wants a same sex couple, let THEM create it. As the consumer, I would not even think about purchasing the Sims 4 if it indeed featured a premade same sex relationship.

With young teenagers playing this game, it is possible that the parents will look over the game before they let them play it, and more than likely.. they will not let them play the game.

Let the PLAYER create there own same sex relationship, please do not include on in the game.

Regards,

L.

Look do not critize Me for MY beliefs. This is my beliefs. If you don't agree IGNORE it! THANK YOU!

Comments

• IMeepIMeep Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited May 2013
    artlove1 wrote:
    Dear EA;

For the Sims 4, please do not have a same sex premade couple. I understand you support equal rights, but this is not what the Sims should have in it.

If the player wants a same sex couple, let THEM create it. As the consumer, I would not even think about purchasing the Sims 4 if it indeed featured a premade same sex relationship.

With young teenagers playing this game, it is possible that the parents will look over the game before they let them play it, and more than likely.. they will not let them play the game.

Let the PLAYER create there own same sex relationship, please do not include on in the game.

Regards,

L.

Says that parents won't approve of a loving gay family.

Ignores the stuff already in the game, like nectar, woohoo, entertainers, streaking, an skinny dipping.
  • artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited May 2013
    IMeep wrote:

Ignores the stuff already in the game, like nectar, woohoo, entertainers, streaking, an skinny dipping.[/quote]

Nectar- at least they dont get horribly drunk.

entertainers- Nothing big there

woohoo- no comment

skinny dipping- They can not do it while children and teens are on the lot.

streaking- No comment.
  • im_addicted_to_simim_addicted_to_sim Posts: 392 New Member
    edited May 2013
    This thread really saddens me for the future.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited May 2013
    This thread, along with every other thread on the front page on this topic, have all been reported.

At this point, it's devolved into flamebait. Time to let it die.
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited May 2013
    If I get banned for this, it will not be in vain.

Won't somebody think of the children? A Story

There was a kid who knew he was gay when was about 12. He told one of his friends that he was gay and they spread it around school. He was bullied so severely for two years that he had to leave school. It wasn't just verbal, he was also pushed around and had drinks and food thrown at him. When he walked past in the changing rooms the other boys would stand with their backs against the wall. His old friends turned against him and threatened to tell his parents. He was left with no friends and no one to confide in, and the teachers ignored what was happening. He missed out on his education and his teenage years because of what people said to him for who he was attracted to, when he had tried to keep it to himself. Six years later he still has many psychological scars from what happened, which stopped him for a long time from doing what normal people his age do.

That kid was me.

When you are saying won't someone think of the children, I am thinking of the children. I am thinking of the children who have to grow up in a world where they are made to feel like they are not normal, where they are not presented in the media and shunned by their parents. Having something, as silly as a video game, represent them as a normal human being can bring comfort to someone. But instead you would rather allow your opinions and beliefs rule your mind. You put the words of someone we do not know exists, over people we know exist.

Your kind are the ones who are responsible for the children we have killing themselves, for the children who are beaten to death, for the children who are left broken and damaged after being sent to be "turned straight."

But you scream bloody murder about young people seeing two men kiss.
  • IMeepIMeep Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited May 2013
    This thread, along with every other thread on the front page on this topic, have all been reported.

Ever heard of the Hydra? You cut off its head and two more grow back.
  • ShelbieeSavageShelbieeSavage Posts: 334 New Member
    edited May 2013
    artlove1 wrote:
    IMeep wrote:

Ignores the stuff already in the game, like nectar, woohoo, entertainers, streaking, an skinny dipping.

Nectar- at least they dont get horribly drunk.

entertainers- Nothing big there

woohoo- no comment

skinny dipping- They can not do it while children and teens are on the lot.

streaking- No comment. [/quote]

Quotes aren't working.

Just because sims can't do it when SIM KIDS/TEENS are on the lot doesn't mean that they won't do it when HUMAN KIDS/TEENS are PLAYING.

You say "no comment" because you can't back up your argument to save your life.

Just stop. Seriously.

Edit: Quotes aren't working properly. =___=
  • artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited May 2013
    Look cali

I have friends who are same sex, do I scream at them, no.

I accept them.

But bringing a premade in a game is crazy.

• ShelbieeSavageShelbieeSavage Posts: 334 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Your kind are the ones who are responsible for the children we have killing themselves, for the children who are beaten to death, for the children who are left broken and damaged after being sent to be "turned straight."

Jesus Christ, thank you.
    edited May 2013

There was a kid who knew he was gay when was about 12. He told one of his friends that he was gay and they spread it around school. He was bullied so severely for two years that he had to leave school. It wasn't just verbal, he was also pushed around and had drinks and food thrown at him. When he walked past in the changing rooms the other boys would stand with their backs against the wall. His old friends turned against him and threatened to tell his parents. He was left with no friends and no one to confide in, and the teachers ignored what was happening. He missed out on his education and his teenage years because of what people said to him for who he was attracted to, when he had tried to keep it to himself. Six years later he still has many psychological scars from what happened, which stopped him for a long time from doing what normal people his age do.

That kid was me.

When you are saying won't someone think of the children, I am thinking of the children. I am thinking of the children who have to grow up in a world where they are made to feel like they are not normal, where they are not presented in the media and shunned by their parents. Having something, as silly as a video game, represent them as a normal human being can bring comfort to someone. But instead you would rather allow your opinions and beliefs rule your mind. You put the words of someone we do not know exists, over people we know exist.

Thank you. You took what I thought out of my mind and put it onto this post.
  • kirstybloodlust7kirstybloodlust7 Posts: 529 Member
    edited May 2013

That kid was me.

^^
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited May 2013
    IMeep wrote:

Ever heard of the Hydra? You cut off its head and two more grow back.

Yeah. That's why you cauterize the stumps as soon as you cut a head off. No extra heads grow.
    edited May 2013
    artlove1 wrote:
    Look cali

I accept them.

Let me change your post a bit.

"Dear EA;

For the Sims 4, please do not have an interracial premade couple. I understand you support equal rights, but this is not what the Sims should have in it.

If the player wants an interracial couple, let THEM create it. As the consumer, I would not even think about purchasing the Sims 4 if it indeed featured a premade interracial relationship.

Let the PLAYER create there own interracial relationship, please do not include on in the game.

Regards,

L."

The same exact thing basically.
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2013
    Stop it already!

I am not a child killer just because I want to play my game different than some other person does!

Just stop it.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
    edited May 2013
    enkeli63 wrote:
    Stop it already!

I am not a child killer just because I want to play my game different than some other person does!

Just stop it.
    The truth usually hurts.

No one is calling you a child killer for not wanting to play gay Sims. That's fine, and you have every right to solely play straight Sims. But all of this fan-fair (like about not having pre-made gay Sims) is what adds up and pushes people over the edge.
  • lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited May 2013
    Congratulations all. You turned an issue I supported into something I don't want. You know why? You turned into bullies. Shame on you. Just because you feel repressed for not being supported in a video game. Take a long look at yourselves.

Reported.
  • PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited May 2013
    There will always be a group of people unrepresented in the game. Always.

• CobyCoby Posts: 1,725 New Member
    edited May 2013
    :roll:

Got to be the most stupid thing I have read here. To not buy a game because of two gay characters... really? That you could even delete on your own if you don't like it.

It's 2013 get over it.

edited May 2013
    lovcat wrote:
    Congratulations all. You turned an issue I supported into something I don't want. You know why? You turned into bullies. Shame on you. Just because you feel repressed for not being supported in a video game. Take a long look at yourselves.

Reported.
    How dare you refer to any of us as bullies? We are fighting for the basic human rights we deserve. I could certainly start "bullying", there are a lot of names I would like to call ArtHate but I kept them to myself. ArtHate is the bully, and a very stupid one at that.
    edited May 2013
    lovcat wrote:

Reported.
    It's not just being represented in Sims 4. It's a bigger issue regarding equal rights and if people can't handle same sex couples in a video game then can you imagine how they feel about same sex marriage?
  • Twilightsim12Twilightsim12 Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    artlove1 wrote:
    Look cali

I accept them.

Let me change your post a bit.

"Dear EA;

For the Sims 4, please do not have an interracial premade couple. I understand you support equal rights, but this is not what the Sims should have in it.

If the player wants an interracial couple, let THEM create it. As the consumer, I would not even think about purchasing the Sims 4 if it indeed featured a premade interracial relationship.

Let the PLAYER create there own interracial relationship, please do not include on in the game.

Regards,

L."

The same exact thing basically.

^^^^^^
  • PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited May 2013
    lovcat wrote:

Reported.
    How dare you refer to any of us as bullies? We are fighting for the basic human rights we deserve. I could certainly start "bullying", there are a lot of names I would like to call ArtHate but I kept them to myself. ArtHate is the bully, and a very stupid one at that.

In all fairness, You're fighting for gay premades in a game. It's literally only a game, I think people are forgetting that. We can still have gay couples. Peoples' emotions are getting way too high for this situation.
    And calling someone stupid does not help your case. Perhaps what they said was stupid.
  • lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited May 2013

Boo hoo. Most action games don't offer a female main character and if they do they give them offensive attire and even with the new tomb raider a horrific and disgusting back story.

Do you see me opening numerous threads baiting a response over and over? No. The other threads are gone for a reason I bet and you're making an argument why EA shouldn't include them. The controversy and division these threads have caused is proof enough.

In the end it's EA's option to include them and if they don't WHO CARES? You can make your own. That is what the sims is about.

I'd honestly care more than every election cycle more and more states side with marriage equality. That's more important than marriage equality in a video game.
    edited May 2013
    -
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited May 2013
    This whole thing is really getting out of hand. Cali_Pier made a simple request for something he feels should be in the game. Close to 100 people have agreed so far, and plenty have disagreed.

It's fine to disagree, but just STOP creating all these "retaliation" threads. It is immature and it just stops the real ideas from being seen.

There are LOTS of things I don't agree with being asked for on this forum. But I don't feel the need to create a whole new thread asking EA not to do these things, I discuss it maturely, or of that can't be done, I ignore it.

If you're so unhappy with Cali_Pier's suggestion, why don't you take your own advice regarding it. I'll even quote it for you:
    artlove1 wrote:
    If you don't agree IGNORE it! THANK YOU!