Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New occult ideas!

I'm cool with people wanting vampires and maybe mermaids back, but I still want new occults that haven't been introduced in game before. I personally have no hopes for my ideas to come true, but I think it'll be fun to share anyway!

Espers - Sims that have super mind abilities and can do cool things like read other Sims' minds for traits, job and stuff, telekinesis, pyrokinesis, and can have a "Future Sight" interaction where they can predict a random event to happen any time in the future and it has a 50/50 chance of coming true.

Like say your Sim predicts that he/she has a chance with random NPC Sim, and the next day your Sim talks to that NPC that was predicted to fall in love with yours, you two could become attracted with each other. Or maybe your Sim predicts fortune and the next day he/she gets a raise! Or it could backfire and your Sim could get demoted or slapped in the face by the NPC. :lol:

I feel it's a good idea too because it sort of fits in somewhat of a realistic tone (I think...) and is totally supernatural, too!

That's all I could think of, if you have ideas too, please share them!

Comments

• ZoeyGSZoeyGS Posts: 135 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Hello! What about a Pegasus? I'd like to see that! Or maybe... a Hippogrffe! You wont get that reference if you havent seen/ read HP and The PoA... I think its cool, though. I want to make Buckbeak!!! PS google it if u dont kno what it is
  • Moosebear41Moosebear41 Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited May 2013
    How about bugs bunny he kinda of occult and donald duck faces lol just kidding
  • kirstybloodlust7kirstybloodlust7 Posts: 529 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm cool with people wanting vampires and maybe mermaids back, but I still want new occults that haven't been introduced in game before. I personally have no hopes for my ideas to come true, but I think it'll be fun to share anyway!

Espers - Sims that have super mind abilities and can do cool things like read other Sims' minds for traits, job and stuff, telekinesis, pyrokinesis, and can have a "Future Sight" interaction where they can predict a random event to happen any time in the future and it has a 50/50 chance of coming true.

Like say your Sim predicts that he/she has a chance with random NPC Sim, and the next day your Sim talks to that NPC that was predicted to fall in love with yours, you two could become attracted with each other. Or maybe your Sim predicts fortune and the next day he/she gets a raise! Or it could backfire and your Sim could get demoted or slapped in the face by the NPC. :lol:

I feel it's a good idea too because it sort of fits in somewhat of a realistic tone (I think...) and is totally supernatural, too!

That's all I could think of, if you have ideas too, please share them!

This is such a good idea! It sounds like a supernatural with a good replayability process!

I also agree, I want to make buckbeak!!
  • zefiewingszefiewings Posts: 2,649 Member
    edited May 2013
    ZoeyGS wrote:
    Hello! What about a Pegasus? I'd like to see that! Or maybe... a Hippogrffe! You wont get that reference if you havent seen/ read HP and The PoA... I think its cool, though. I want to make Buckbeak!!! PS google it if u dont kno what it is
    umm...sorry but Hipogriffs or hippogryphs have been around far longer than Harry Potter. Just saying.
    Most of the creatures in the books or movies either completely are, or are based off of, existing mythical creatures.
    ff1pc0.jpg
    My Blog story with the challenge of my own design! Click and see!
  • LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited May 2013
    They're probably far-fetched for the Sims but Shapeshifters would be so fun to play. And, I'm not talking about ones that exclusively turn into wolfs or animals but the ones who can take on the forms of other people too.
  • nesgirlnesgirl Posts: 127 New Member
    edited May 2013

I also want them to be able to turn into a ghost of any color at will and back (if you don't understand what I am talking about, go look it up) and they would have the "Undead" moodlet. We sort of had that in Generations, but it would be different with Esper. However, beware the Grim Reaper, as he might try to reap your soul anyway.

Let's see Occult...we already have all other Halloween occults so how about Frankenstein? It would take a Scientist to create him, and the brain of a "dead sim". He would run on electricity.
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 2013
    zefiewings wrote:
    ZoeyGS wrote:
    umm...sorry but Hipogriffs or hippogryphs have been around far longer than Harry Potter. Just saying.
    Most of the creatures in the books or movies either completely are, or are based off of, existing mythical creatures.

Thank you for that. I was just shaking my head sadly there for a moment. SIGH.

If it's NEW Occult lifestates we're after well... how about mutants? Let's give our Sims super powers! It would be cool if you actually had to do something to become a mutant though, just as you used to have to convince another vampire to turn you to become a vampire. There could be perhaps half a dozen "mutations" that you could acquire in different ways. Being struck by lightening, hit by a meteor, bitten by a "radioactive" spider, even being abducted by aliens, could result in your Sim acquiring a mutant power. As to the potential powers themselves... mind reading and precognition have already been mentioned. We could also have Sims that could fly, that were super strong, could control the weather, and who knows what else? I'm open to suggestions!
  • MistermoomanMistermooman Posts: 265 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I love to have pegasi, and maybe anthropomorphic animals too!
    Lakross wrote:
    They're probably far-fetched for the Sims but Shapeshifters would be so fun to play. And, I'm not talking about ones that exclusively turn into wolfs or animals but the ones who can take on the forms of other people too.

Imagine changing into a married man, and then flirting with all the girls and getting him in trouble! Well, maybe that's a little too mean... Maybe just pranks and getting in trouble with the neighbors for it.
    nesgirl wrote:
    I also want them to be able to turn into a ghost of any color at will and back (if you don't understand what I am talking about, go look it up) and they would have the "Undead" moodlet. We sort of had that in Generations, but it would be different with Esper. However, beware the Grim Reaper, as he might try to reap your soul anyway.

Let's see Occult...we already have all other Halloween occults so how about Frankenstein? It would take a Scientist to create him, and the brain of a "dead sim". He would run on electricity.

I love the ghost idea, it sounds like so much fun! And the Frankenstein one too!
    AmaraRena wrote:
    If it's NEW Occult lifestates we're after well... how about mutants? Let's give our Sims super powers! It would be cool if you actually had to do something to become a mutant though, just as you used to have to convince another vampire to turn you to become a vampire. There could be perhaps half a dozen "mutations" that you could acquire in different ways. Being struck by lightening, hit by a meteor, bitten by a "radioactive" spider, even being abducted by aliens, could result in your Sim acquiring a mutant power. As to the potential powers themselves... mind reading and precognition have already been mentioned. We could also have Sims that could fly, that were super strong, could control the weather, and who knows what else? I'm open to suggestions!

Awesome idea! I think it'd be interesting to have Sims of the same lifestate all have different backgrounds and powers!
  • ADLER900ADLER900 Posts: 503 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would love to see superheroes and villains. :D I think that would be cool, especially if sims could fly properly ( I don't mean hover like fairies). And I think the anthropomorphic animals idea would be cool too!
  • DragonWyngDragonWyng Posts: 92 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to see:

Gypsies: Gypsies have already made a few appearances throughout the Sims series, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to see them become playable. They'd be able to read fortunes and curse those they don't like.

Leprechauns: Leprechauns could hide their gold somewhere in the world, and would terrorize mercilessly any sim foolish enough to steal it.

Angels: An Angel would only be seen by a sim who is truly virtuous (having the good trait would certainly help). The angel would then protect the sim from misfortune such as getting fired, being cursed by witches or the previously mentioned 🐸🐸🐸🐸, or fatal accidents. But of course, where there's angels, there's also...

Demons: Demons could be summoned by witches and invited to join their household. They would have the ability to turn invisible and would only be visible to certain sims. I imagine they'd probably look like normal sims, except they'd have horns and a tail, and maybe reddish skin. They'd be able to possess other sims and make them do really bizarre things that would freak other sims out. Some might think this would be a little dark for the sims world, but keep in mind that all of this would be pretty tongue-in-cheek.

Aside from the abilities I already mentioned, both angels and demons would be able to move through walls like ghosts. Also, ghosts could eventually become angels or demons.

Reptilian Shapeshifters: Yeah, that's right, those creatures from the Youtube videos. They'd be able to take on the appearance of other sims in order to misdirect the "🐸🐸🐸🐸". NOTE: Just to be clear, I don't actually believe in any of that crap that's all over Youtube.

Cyborgs: The first difference between cyborgs and simbots would be that sims can become cyborgs. Cyborgs would be able to learn skills faster, run at superhuman speeds, fly, control electronic devices, and settle disputes with other sims by blasting them into next week with their arm cannon (It would be non-lethal, of course).

That's all for now. I was gonna say something about superheroes, but someone already beat me to it.
  • nesgirlnesgirl Posts: 127 New Member
    edited May 2013
    DragonWyng wrote:

Angels: An Angel would only be seen by a sim who is truly virtuous (having the good trait would certainly help). The angel would then protect the sim from misfortune such as getting fired, being cursed by witches or the previously mentioned 🐸🐸🐸🐸, or fatal accidents. But of course, where there's angels, there's also...

Demons: Demons could be summoned by witches and invited to join their household. They would have the ability to turn invisible and would only be visible to certain sims. I imagine they'd probably look like normal sims, except they'd have horns and a tail, and maybe reddish skin. They'd be able to possess other sims and make them do really bizarre things that would freak other sims out. Some might think this would be a little dark for the sims world, but keep in mind that all of this would be pretty tongue-in-cheek.
    They are already covered by the good and evil ghosts, and besides
    I don't think that's a good idea. It gets into the religious discussion, and a lot of people get really picky about religion.
  • playeralyalyweklplayeralyalywekl Posts: 1,345 Member
    edited May 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    zefiewings wrote:
    ZoeyGS wrote:

Thank you for that. I was just shaking my head sadly there for a moment. SIGH.

I love this. I would love to have a mad scientist that accidentally became a mutant through an experiment gone wrong.
  • DragonWyngDragonWyng Posts: 92 Member
    edited May 2013
    nesgirl wrote:
    They are already covered by the good and evil ghosts, and besides
    I don't think that's a good idea. It gets into the religious discussion, and a lot of people get really picky about religion.

Ghosts that happen to have the good and evil traits are hardly the same thing, especially since both of those traits just plain suck. Also, there have been plenty of references to both angels and demons outside of religion.