Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Closed*

BV's Thrift Store Directory

==========
Showcases and Showcase Rules Page 1 Post 2
Events, Contests, Giveaways & Lottos Page 1 Post 3
Discussion Set of the Week Page 1 Post 4
Mini Articles, Q&A, Tutorials or Can You Help Me? Page 1 Post 5
Starter Home Recolor Challenge Page 1 Post 6
Starter Home Recolor Challenge Entries Page 1 Post 7

Thift Shore's Tentative Schedule

==========
4/30/2013 Tuesday - No plans at this point.
5/19/2013 Sunday - Starter Home Recolor Chalenge Ends at Midnight EST
6/13/2013 Thursday - 3 Month Trial Period of the Thread will End & I will decide if I will continue it or not.

General Rules or How to Get on BloodViolet's C.R.U.M.M.Y List:

==========
C.R.U.M.M.Y. is an acronym that stands for: Childish, Rude, Unlikeable, Mean, 🐸🐸🐸🐸, & Yes, Beggers too. Getting on the C.R.U.M.M.Y. list is hard for most people as it would take multiple violations to get there, however violation of rule #1 below will land you there till doomsday.

#01 - Do not under any circumstances correct another persons spelling or grammer in my thread. I.WILL.GO.OFF.ON.YOU.

#02 - Please don't spam my thread with multiple animated gifs; random song lyrics, etc. A cute or silly pic is welcome every now and then to express thanks or excitement but no pics or gifs of off color humor such as Family Guy or The Simpsons are welcome here.

#03 - Please limit off topic chatting.

#04 - Please comment on other peoples shared items. We all love to hear a kind word about our work.

#05 - Constructive criticism should only be posted if asked for.

#06 - No nasty, rude, or mean comments will be tolerated.

#07 - No image posted should have a width of more than 600.

#08 - Be mindful not to break the thread by over quoting.

#09 - Please remove images from quoted posts.

#10 - Do not ask for gifts or post your wishlist link unless you have been invited to do so for an event, contest, lotto, or giveaway.

Comments

• Options
    bloodvioletbloodviolet Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited April 2013
    Showcases:

Showcases are a place to promote and share your own custom recolors of objects and clothing. You are also allowed to share things like hair colors, and your own self made CAP patterns. This may confuse some people as we ask that you do not share things made with CAP patterns. Please do not promote your custom sims and lots here. Almost anything else is allowed.

Please keep your showcase free of links to OBJECTS DESIGNED WITH CAP and CC! You may have pics of objects designed with CAP but please share links to only the PATTERN itself.

You get one showcase [post] that I will make a directory of here. You should make all updates to your showcase on that one post. The only time I want you to quote pics on this thread is when you update your showcase. Please limit your pics to a total of 5 with a max width of 600. Additional pics should be links, or links to side shows only. Thanks!

:!:For the conditions that need to be met for me to lotto for someting big like a venue or world; please Read This :!:

==========

01. Erja888's Showcase
    02. Loppie1988's Showcase
    03. sunsetsorbet's Showcase
    04. Jillyson_Twozaks_1's Showcase
    05. Springfairy556's Showcase
    06. TessaMichele's Showcase
    07. Hollowness' Re-Color Showcase
    08. werepoet's Showcase
    09. Blysscia's Showcase
    10. Idontrcall's Showcase
    11. LilyParker's Showcase
    12. BakingNerd's Showcase
    13. Emmatigerlily's Showcase
    14. SeriphinaFyie's Showcase Post
    15. Khala_Oakeage's Showcase
    16. Carmen0908's Showcase
    17. BlackZanie's showcase
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Events, Contests, Giveaways & Lottos:

:D I wish that I had an unlimited amount of money to spend on gifting but I don't. I still enjoy gifting a few small under 100 point items now and then. So if you aren't too greedy we can still have some fun with this. I'll try to do something about once a week, so look for what if anything you need to do to enter. :D I'll let you know when I'm taking names.
    ==========
    3/15/2013 Lotto Winner is Tanner91 nominated by TessaMichele! Prize=The Warbling Wind Chimes.
    ==========
    3/22/2013 Lotto Winner is Loppie1988 Prize=3 Pieces of Clothing
    ==========
    4/5/2013 - Freebie Friday!
    ==========
    4/9/2013 New Clothing Drive started on page 24
    ==========
    4/20/2013 Starter Home Recolor Challenge started on page 37
    ==========
    5/5/2013 Random Participation Lotto
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Discussion Set of the Week:

:D Every week I try to pick a set from the store to discuss in the thread. I start the discussion off by posting pictures of all the items in the set; pictures of all the items recolored in Red/Blue/Green/Yellow, and an addtional recolor by me. I try to list any unrecolorable areas, stencils or issues with the items as well.

:!: You do not need to own the items in order to participate in the discussion of the set, and the pictures provided are a good reference if you are thinking about getting the items.

:D Anyone who owns any of items are particularly invited to share their in game screenshots of them in use.

Muse Luxury - Week of 3/24/2013 to 3/30/2013
    Romanza Attire - Week of 3/31/2013 to 4/6/2013
    Stones Throw Greenhouse - Week of 4/7/2013 to 4/13/2013
    Provence - Week of 4/14/2013 to 4/20/1013
    The Complete Castle by Castle Kits, Inc. - Week of 4/21/2013 to 4/27/2013
    Jet Set Elders - Week of 4/28/2013 to 5/4/2013
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Mini Articles, Q&A, Tutorials or Can You Help Me?:

Useful information goes here!

3/15/2013 Blending In
    3/18/2013 Refrigerators of a Bygone Era
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Starter Home Recolor Challenge

I highly advise that you start a fresh game of Sunset Valley to recolor these homes, to avoid flagging issues.Please keep a copy of your entry that has not been play tested by a sim. It appears that play testing a lot and then uploading it may cause flagging issues.

Closes Midnight 5/19/2013 EST

Your challenge should you choose to accept it is to recolor one of the three base game starter homes. They are Pre-fabulous, The Monotone, and Shotgun Style all located in Sunset Valley. This is a recolor contest; not a remodel contest. You are not allowed to move, replace, exchange, or delete anything on the lot! You will be judged primarily on your ability to transform using recoloring alone.

Because roof patterns are not recolor-able you may exchange your roof pattern for another base game roof pattern to get a different color.

To make the contest a bit more interesting I will allow the addition of items to the lot up to a furnished amount of $16,500. However, to keep it fair, you are only allowed to use base game items. No EP, SP, or store items,even free ones, are allowed.

You must submit your entry on the entry form below. You will be asked to state the theme you were trying for on your entry form. This can be something like Gothic, Midwestern, Greek Revival, Shabby Chic, or something more imaginative like Fairy Abode or Mad Scientists Lair.

All entries are judged in game. You must provide a download link. It is very important that you put your name in the description or title of your recolor somewhere so that I can tell who made it while in game. You must do this by editing the description in edit town mode; your upload title and description to not show up in game.

No CAP or CC is allowed. You are responsible for scanning your own lots for CC, do not ask me to do it for you.

You may make one entry for each of the 3 homes but you must choose 3 different themes.

You may place only 1 time for a prize. Prizes will start small and be increased in relation to the number of people participating in the contest.
    To Start Prizes Are:

1st Place:300 simpoints in prizes
    2nd Place:200 simpoints in prizes
    3rd Place:100 simpoints in prizes

I will start increasing the prizes if more than 10 users submit an entry.

==========
    Points Breakdown:

1 to 100 points for recoloring objects.
    1 to 10 points for theme choice.
    1 to 10 points for for the addition of items to the lot.
    -10 points for not having your name on your lot in game!
    -5 points for every EP, SP, or Store item listed under contains on your exchange download page.
    -10 points for every disallowed item that I find in game.
    ==========

No points are awarded for screen shots, presentations or descriptions on the entry form.

Entry's that are over budget, have CC, or other disallowed content must be fixed prior to the contest close.

==========
    Entry form for BV's Thrift Store's Starter Home Recolor Challenge

Your User Name:
    Your Theme Choice: [You earn points for this!]
    Starter Home you are Recoloring: [Pre-fabulous, The Monotone or Shotgun Style]
    Download Link to Recolored Home: [All entries are judged in game!]
    Pictures: [1 to 5 with a width of 600 or less.]
    Additional Information: [Optional]
    ==========
    Q&A
    Some parts of the house cannot be recolored! There is the mullet fencing and the bamboo small fencing in the house I am recoloring. The game insists I cannot recolor these (although I know I've been able to recolor them before in other houses). Therefore, some aspects of the recolor don't match. For example, I think it's in the "shotgun style" house, the bamboo fencing outside is green and I am unable to change the color. It does not really match my new theme.

Is it just me? Can other people recolor this?
    You've run up on a game error. I don't know what causes it, I get it with collums. In this case you will end up having to find the fence in the cataloge, place a piece of it, recolor it to the desired color, use the dropper tool to clone it, delete the unrecolor-able fencing and replace it with the recolored one. Just put it back where it needs to go.
    Are we allowed to have personal objects? My sim painted some pictures that inspired the recolor theme: am I allowed to hang these pictures, include books she has written, and hang fish she has had mounted?
    To be honest I don't know how these objects act when uploaded. If they do not show up as content from an EP, SP, or such; it's fine with me. If they flag then no.
    Oh, and add gardening plants? Are all these additional items OK as long as it still keeps it within the 16500 Simoleon limit?
    Yes! Plants, rocks, walls, doors, it's all good.
  • Options
    miitxn29miitxn29 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited March 2013
    Fun! I love recolors and such so I will bookmark! And for the first lottery I would love to nominate TheKrazy_KimSim...a pretty cool simmer if I do say so mahself! :mrgreen:

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=TheKrazy_KimSim
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    :mrgreen: So happy that somebody responded to my thread. I'll be on sporadically tonight until I get my little one to bed. I know that there must be some people out there that would like a free gift so how about some names. :D
  • Options
    TheKrazy_KimSimTheKrazy_KimSim Posts: 4,397 Member
    edited March 2013
    miitxn29 wrote:
    Fun! I love recolors and such so I will bookmark! And for the first lottery I would love to nominate TheKrazy_KimSim...a pretty cool simmer if I do say so mahself! :mrgreen:

Awww tyvm, that was very nice of you. :)

I have some great recolors in my game, but I have no clue how to upload them. I tried a pattern once and it failed miserable lol.

Can we enter someone if we don't have a recolor in our studio? Also, when does the lotto end? If I can add some then let me add this person, but don't tell her ok: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=miitxn29 ? LOL, revenge is bittersweet. ;):lol: :twisted:

* The Krazy_Kim Sim *
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    miitxn29 wrote:

Awww tyvm, that was very nice of you. :)

I have some great recolors in my game, but I have no clue how to upload them. I tried a pattern once and it failed miserable lol.

Can we enter someone if we don't have a recolor in our studio? Also, when does the lotto end? If I can add some then let me add this person, but don't tell her ok: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=miitxn29 ? LOL, revenge is bittersweet. ;):lol: :twisted:

* The Krazy_Kim Sim *

You don't need to make a showcase to enter today's lotto. :D Anyone is welcome. I'll be looking to draw a name sometime tomorrow night I hope. I plan on giving away something every week. The rules for the lotto will change weekly so check back often. Hopefully we will have some people who want to participate in the showcase by then and there will be more to look at. :D

:D I'd be happy to "try" to help anyone with technical questions if needed.
  • Options
    readreadreadreadreadreadreadread Posts: 6,243 Member
    edited March 2013
    I gotta pop some tags only got $20 in my pocket.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Awesome song! "Thrift Shop"
    Im looking for a dollar, this ours beeping awesome
  • Options
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    :D So far for tonights drawing I have only two names entered:

1. Tanner91 nominated by TessaMichele
    2. TheKrazy_KimSim nominated by miitxn29

:D I'll be off and on all day checking for names and working on mini articles for the thread.
  • Options
    Tanner91Tanner91 Posts: 1,876 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I loooove doing recolors but my internet is down so for right now ill give you a taste of my upcoming line of recolors (once my internet starts working) (im on mobile currently haha)

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7061670

And if i could change my nomination to

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Tanner91

Thatd be grand ♥

Thank you so much for the nomination TessaMichele! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    :D So far for tonights drawing I have only two names entered:

:D I'll be off and on all day checking for names and working on mini articles for the thread.

:? I still only have two names for tonights lotto. Anyone else want to get in on this?
  • Options
    Kaylie27Kaylie27 Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    :lol: Three Names for the lotto! Now we're cooking, baby!

3. Danivixen nominated by Kaylie27
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Saw you don't need to submit a recolour to enter the lotto this time, is this right, and also just wondering, can we nominate more than one person?
    Sorry for the questions, just wanted to make sure and not break any rules :)

Thank you for hosting this as well, I can't wait to see more pics, I love the dress recolours you done!
  • Options
    xenacullenxenacullen Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Tanner91 wrote:
    Saw you don't need to submit a recolour to enter the lotto this time, is this right, and also just wondering, can we nominate more than one person?
    Sorry for the questions, just wanted to make sure and not break any rules :)

Thank you for hosting this as well, I can't wait to see more pics, I love the dress recolours you done!

:D No you don't need to submit a recolor to enter the lotto this time around, but I am only alowing one name entry per person.

:D The primary purpose of this thread is to help people who like to recolor clothing and objects promote their work, get help, etc.

:D The lotto serves two purposes it keeps it in the gifting forum, and hopefull gets people to come in here and look around. Sort of like door prises.

I'm never sure when I start something new if it will catch on or not but I plan on trying to promote this thread for at least a month or two to see if it catches on.

I love to recolor things and I hope some of the other people on here will be as enthusiastic as I am about it. Otherwise it really will turn into my silly self promotion thread really fast. :lol:

:D I'm glad you like my dress recolors. I'll have some new clothing recolors in the next few days so check back.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    :D Four names in the pot for tonights drawing now.

4. GiGidawn nominated by xenacullen
  • Options
    mishmushmishmush Posts: 2,953 New Member
    edited March 2013
    This is such a neat idea! I love it! Hope it catches on! I am on my phone now, but can add alyssluvscookie to the lotto? She is having a really emotional week... I will add the link tonight when I get home!!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thank you for getting back to me so quick BloodViolet :D

This may seem like a silly question :oops: but are recolours any item that has been changed in/using create a style(CAS)?
    (If so I will have to get around to uploading some of my own :) )
    So furniture items are allowed as well as clothing? :)This is what I spend a lot of time in-game doing, but haven't ever uploaded any.

I love the idea of this thread, I have it bookmarked, and will certainly keep checking in :D

I have to say I never really liked that dress before, I have to be drawn to something before I'll attempt to recolour it myself normally, but after seeing your recolours I am viewing that dress in a whole new light! :D That's one of the things I'm most excited for from this thread, seeing new ideas for old clothing etc! So awesome idea! :mrgreen:

Sorry my message is so long :oops:

Could I please nominate SatanicTerrapin for the lotto?
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=SatanicTerrapin

And thank you again for hosting :mrgreen:

(Edited due to dreadful spelling :oops: )
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    :D Updated!

4. GiGidawn nominated by xenacullen
    5. alyssluvscookie nominated by mishmush