Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First Pre-Made same-sex couple (sort of) in Aurora Skies

Wow, EA has added a pre-made same-sex male couple finally. The Valquist family, they even have an adopted daughter. Good job, EA. :thumbup:

ValquistFamily_zps65dd2881.png

Comments

• Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited February 2013
    That's nice! I wondered when EA will start doing something like that... :)

I wonder, what can you tell me about more of the premades there in general? :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2013
    Wow, EA has added a pre-made same-sex male couple finally. The Valquist family, they even have an adopted daughter. Good job, EA. :thumbup:

Got any pics? Male or female?
  • KatSoloKatSolo Posts: 456 New Member
    edited February 2013
    How wonderful! I agree, good job EA :).
  • lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited February 2013
    Cool! Thanks for sharing
    er0s4g.jpg
  • LetterM2013LetterM2013 Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited February 2013
    @chenmn123: There is a single Mom with three kids, two old guys who are friends and moved in together after their wives died, two party girls who don't want to settle down and two girls who are secretly jewelry thieves! Very fun. :D

@Cat: They're dudes and picture has been added to OP. :)
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited February 2013
    @chenmn123: There is a single Mom with three kids, two old guys who are friends and moved in together after their wives died, two party girls who don't want to settle down and two girls who are secretly jewelry thieves! Very fun. :D

@Cat: They're dudes and picture has been added to OP. :)
    Nice and interesting families! :) I want this town even more now! :mrgreen:
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited February 2013
    Its about time EA did this
  • BlyssciaBlysscia Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited February 2013
    Why do you say sort of?

And that's great!
    I've seen people on the forums requesting premade couples like this.

Thanks for sharing.
    I'd also be interested in seeing more premades if you get the chance.
    edited February 2013
    I said sort of because in-game they're classed as best friends. :? I can understand EA doing this as a way for people who don't want it in their games, though, and I think the family picture and story speak enough words. ;)
  • metyouwhometyouwho Posts: 59 Member
    edited February 2013
    Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • BlyssciaBlysscia Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited February 2013
    Oh alright.
    Well, that's not the end of the world.
    They do look coupled in the picture though.
    And I'm sure most people will play them that way. ^^
  • SadieStarSadieStar Posts: 880 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I said sort of because in-game they're classed as best friends. :? I can understand EA doing this as a way for people who don't want it in their games, though, and I think the family picture and story speak enough words. ;)

Oh that makes since. Kind of like Gobias Koffi in SV--his preference is heavily hinted at in his family bio but it's not stated explicitly per say. Still, it's a step in the right direction, remember in ts2 where same-sex couples could only get joined and not married? Thanks for sharing LetterM! :D
  • SinkalaSinkala Posts: 475 Member
    edited February 2013
    Love it. I don't usually play pre-mades, but I think I will start with them :)
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited February 2013
    Sinkala wrote:
    Love it. I don't usually play pre-mades, but I think I will start with them :)

Same here, I think it will bring some interesting story lines in. I so rarely play pre-mades but I don't want to skip this. I'm glad I decided to get AS after all.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Alejandra2468Alejandra2468 Posts: 48
    edited February 2013
    Yay! And just today I was ranting about the lack of pre-made same-sex couples in EA worlds :P

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/648629.page
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited February 2013

ValquistFamily_zps65dd2881.png

Really?... REALLY?! Wow, that's awesome! Congrats to EA for representing people fairly! :D

It's so cute that they have an adopted daughter. :D
  • 4067567240675672 Posts: 3,553 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm glad they have finally included a same sex couple in The Sims! Great job. :)
  • 4067567240675672 Posts: 3,553 Member
    edited February 2013
    Alsom the house where they live looks pretty neat!
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited February 2013
    Woot, finally, great job EA! :thumbup: Think I'll start out with them as well when I get the world! 8)
    edited February 2013
    Yay! And just today I was ranting about the lack of pre-made same-sex couples in EA worlds :P

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/648629.page
    IKR! I saw and commented. :mrgreen:
    edited February 2013
    Their daughter's surname is a mix of their two's surnames, too. :)
  • metyouwhometyouwho Posts: 59 Member
    edited February 2013
    Their daughter's surname is a mix of their two's surnames, too. :)

Ahhhhhh so cute. I need to transfer my game to windows and download this world ASAP!
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited February 2013
    I thought they did it before now, lol. Weren't there two girls living together in Twinbrook whose bio kind of implied they were together?

Maybe I'm wrong, lol. That looks like a really cool family. I'll definitely play them! :-)
  • MadaphorMadaphor Posts: 78 Member
    edited February 2013
    It's about time, EA! They may only be BFFs when you first start them, but their story does hint at them being a couple, as does the fact that there are only two bedrooms (unless I missed the basement).

I thought that the two elder male ghosts also could have hinted at couplehood, but I have to go back and read their story.

I don't remember which female premades that were mentioned, but I'll keep an eye out.

I'm so glad that we're moving in a direction where we don't have to create our own same-sex couples to flesh out a neighborhood that is open to everyone, even if you do have to load them and kick start a romance. It's a good step forward. Thanks, EA.
  • krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited February 2013
    awesome, they seem to get more progressive about how they do these things and i am thrilled!!