Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• Options
    BonabopnBonabopn Posts: 34 Member
    edited May 2013
    *sigh*.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    No.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    Never.
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?
    I have every expansion so far except UL
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    Both.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    New.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    Custom home-made.
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Windows 7 64-bit.
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    DVD.

Okay, so i've noticed a problem with the Meditative Trance Sleep lifetime reward. After getting it, it works fine. 4-5 hours sleep on a hover bed. After a while, it stops working fine. My sim has returned to sleeping 7-8 hours a day on a hover bed.

I googled this issue, and i can see that people have been having this problem for three and a half years. I'm disappointed that it still hasn't been fixed.

Please fix this, EA. I hope The Sims 4 won't be as bug-ridden. :c
  • Options
    CatherynBlueCatherynBlue Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited May 2013
    - no CC or mods, however I do have a large amount of CAP patterns installed.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    - no mods

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    - never had mods

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    - no mods
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?
    - University Life

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    - New game

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    - New sim

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    - EA. Sunset Valley and Sim University.

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    - Windows 7 Enterprise

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    - DVD

12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    - Uni-World

My problem is that I recently installed UL, created a new game and new sim, then enrolled her in University after a few days of skill-building and money-earning.. but when I selected a dorm and pressed the blue tick button to start playing, it greyed out on me. I couldn't click it or anything, but the game itself wasn't frozen. I could still move around and click on dorms etc, but that button remained grey.

I have tried restarting the game and re-enrolling her many times. I tried having her quit her part-time job before enrolling, I tried waiting a few more sim days to enroll, and I have tried having the welcome kit in her inventory.. none of this made any difference.
  • Options
    midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    edited May 2013
    constant freezing, sims 4 I dont think so, until they get their act together im not buying another sims 3 product again. I haven't been able to play the game since the last expansions, have EA sorted it NO, to interested in money and sims 4, not for me, not bothering again with their stuff like I said also where is this so called patch to fix problems, sort 3 out first then maybe just maybe I will look at 4.
  • Options
    sophiexjacksonsophiexjackson Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    My Sim will no longer do actions, talk to people or go anywhere. It just stands there while time goes by. What do I do?
    Thanks
  • Options
    Zandyr_KayneZandyr_Kayne Posts: 199 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Just a heads up that there's several bugs I'm listing here that I've experienced. Some of them all the way back to when I first bought The Sims 3 and Ambitions.

Walking Through Walls (After Upgrading/Cleaning Showers) - A glitch I've seen since I first bought the base game and Ambitions. After upgrading a shower and sometimes after cleaning them my Sim will step out of the shower through the side of the wall nearest the shower nozzle. Sims will sometimes be stuck. For instance the shower was against a basement wall and they get out inside the blackness. Doesn't happen often but it's still annoying. At least ResetSim cheat helps.

Also if you receive the plumbing related achievement for handiness skill while finishing a repair the leak may not stop and continues to flood your house. The option to repair is still there though. If you start repairs again the progress bar never moves. If you cancel the action the repair is finished. (Edit: May not only be during the achievement. I had it happen today on the first repair of my shower. I've seen it happen with other repairs as well like sinks. I think it only effects plumbing though.)

Dancing Sims Sometime Leave Hidden Marker Object - When one of my Sims stops dancing they sometimes leave a hidden object behind and it blocks other items and Sims from being placed in an area around where they were dancing. It seems similar to the marker objects used in buydebug although I haven't tried removing them using buydebug cheat. I've never checked to see if they are visible when buydebug is active or whether or not they can be removed. The problem is why are they staying behind after my Sim dances in the first place? (Edit: Another one for the growing list. Seem to recall it having started around the time of the Supernatural patch. Not sure if it might not be linked to learning club or smustle dance.)

Late Night (Crazy Drinks and Occult Abilities Disappearing) - Sometimes my witch Sim's abilities to cast spells disappear after drinking a bunch of Crazy Drinks or ones from bars in town that have the same effect. It's a permanent condition. They still seem to be an occult but have no radial options for their abilities. The Sim has to be cured of their occult state before reapplying it with an elixir from either the alchemy shop or alchemist lab table in order to get their powers back. It may only be witches effected but I seem to recall it happening to my vampire Sim back when I had first gotten Late Night. It probably effects all occults. Hidden occult trait getting swapped with Daredevil/Crazy/Party Animal perhaps? Radial options not resetting afterwards? Game still thinks my Sim is a witch when I tried to make her drink a Witches' Brew without curing her first.

Something else I've noticed is that when Sim drinks a Crazy Drink after getting a new trait for 8th level of a social group the skills that are listed as being changed to Party Animal, Insane and/or Daredevil in Sim's information panel are offset. My Sim was still showing to be Evil for instance and the Evil trait had been replaced by Party Animal. I was trying to click on the mailbox when I discovered this. She normally has the ability to send donations to anti-charities and did not have the options. The panel still showed the Evil trait though. It was the icon for Computer Whiz that had been replaced for Party Animal instead. (Edit: Yet another addition to the pile.)

Generations (Lab Coat Pile-up) - Using the chemistry lab causes your Sim to put on a new lab outfit that takes up a new slot in Career Outfits EVERY time they use it. My Sim has had to delete over 15 lab coats from her wardrobe after researching all the potions and still every time I want to make a new potion she makes a new outfit appear in my wardrobe. These keep stacking up. (Edit: Added this one to the list.)

Generations/Ultimate Venue (Class Field Trip Fail) - Added the Ultimate Venue to my city and when my Sim went there on a field trip the class couldn't get in. Caused my Sim to miss school (I finished her homework again and went back to school to finish the day out.) Needs a rabbit hole fixed or something. Unless it was the kid and performer standing near the entrance. I don't believe they were blocking it though. I won't sign permission for the next time a field trip heads there. (Edit: Free item from Katy Perry Collector's Edition and Generations class field trip bug.)

People/Pets Getting Stuck in Weird Places & Odd Behaviors - Horses with their legs below ground, horses in the middle of ponds, people stuck in fountains and pools standing on the water, etc. Also noticing the flipping Sims as they walk through doorways. They get into the center of the doorway and their sprite does a 180 for a split second.

Pets (Riding Certificate) - Certificate for achieving highest level of Riding skill gives a blank message when taken from the mailbox and when viewing it. I looks exactly like the Handiness skill reward with a wrench instead of the Riding skill icon.

Supernatural and University Life (No Skill Certificates) - There are no certificates for maxed skill in Alchemy, Science, Social Networking and Street Art. (Edit: Added these to the list.)

Showtime Fireflies (Achievement & Jar Lids) - My Sim has caught over 3 of every type of firefly and still doesn't have the firefly achievement. Seems if I travel the record for fireflies caught always resets. After travel I can get the achievement unlocked. If I travel again it resets. Also the lids of the firefly catching jar sometimes stay stuck to Sims hand.

Ambitions (Sculpting Tools) - I also sometimes see the hammer and chisel for sculpting get stuck in Sim's hands after they've stopped. It is funny to see them talking with vampires afterwards, though. LOL "Hiya, Vlad! I'm going to hammer this stake into your heart, now." :lol: (Edit: Added a couple more. Though they're somewhat minor.)

Sims Being Stupid (Bad AI/Path Finding) - For instance a Sim tries to strike up a conversation with another that just walked into another room. The other Sim stops immediately on the other side of the door preventing the one who started the conversation from getting in. They stand there for nearly 3 Sim game hours before one of them yells they can't get to the other. Interacting with horses can also be a pain as they walk around you, back themselves up, turn around, back up some more, do this, do that and finally tell you they can't find a path to you. Perhaps you could force Sims to walk a step or two from a door after entering. Might fix some of the University Life graduation ceremonies that fail due to pile-ups.

I'm seeing an awful lot of Sims and animals that get trapped on top of water. I've seen horses out in the middle of a pond stuck there together. I've seen people get stuck in pool style fountains standing on water and complaining. They can't even die from starvation, etc. Can't you add some code to reset them automatically if they complain of path finding issues. (Edit: Another one.)

I've seen some horses today that were stuck with their legs buried in the ground. (Edit: Yet another addition to the list.)

Seasons (Dormant Indoor Plants) - When first planting a seed or harvestable in the indoor planters they will still be frozen/dormant. You have to wait a cycle (just after 5 a.m.) for them to sprout before you can fertilize them. (Edited: Yep... Another one. Minor though it is this one still bugs me. Why should the soil be frozen indoors? Ever!)

Seasons (Not So Much a Bug as a Lack of Insight) - I've noticed that there is no way for Sims to learn that another Sim has the Gatherer trait. They always see a [?] for the Gatherer trait and never seem to learn of it. Maybe we could have some conversations that let them know about it. For instance: Talk about rock collection. Talk about bug collection. Mock as being a packrat. Mock collection. Show off latest find. Et cetera. (Edit: Thought I'd add this. Not really too big a deal. It does seem left out, however.)

University Life (Keg Upgrade Wish & Leveling Skills Faster) - Got a Handiness skill wish to upgrade a Juice Keg for Auto-Fill. After finishing the upgrade the wish wasn't fulfilled. Nor did it show up in list of upgrades completed.

I'm also noticing that level ups are happening way to fast since Uni was installed. Double ++'s aren't uncommon to see when leveling up just about any skill. Actually dropped to single + when I took Faster Learning lifetime reward. Something is off. My current character nearly maxed out all social groups by taking a group respect lifetime reward. Her first boost set her to level 9. First time playing it was only 2 levels per selection.(Edit: Hey! It's actually a couple of University Life bugs this time.)

Mail Glitches (Unmarked Bills) - Love letters left in a mailbox before traveling to other world locations (and the ones from Sims who have left town or died) becoming un-removable inventory clutter.

Also since getting University Life I'm finding my mailbox has been causing my Sim to respawn at times. I didn't know the cause. I had only started the game up the previous day so didn't feel like bothering with it. I deleted the game and started over.

Attraction System Glitches - Date calls from mummies that found my Sim attractive while exploring in tombs. AFTER the fact that I destroyed them in the battle that pursued. Not to mention the above love letters stuck in inventory from them I would assume.

The attraction system needs to update for Sims that no longer exist.

And another thing EVERY Sim is attracted to my Sim. I can see why she's a hot, wealthy, charismatic and attractive Sim. But why should my Sim be attracted to every Sim that thinks she's attractive? My Sim must have some pretty low standards to find some of the Sims she meets attractive. I'd think she'd have some pretty high standards as much as I have her skill grind and such. At least aliens are highly skilled thinkers and pretty handy. Not to mention they make great parents being able to stay up all the time to take care of things that go WAAA in the night. Then again there is the green skin, no hair and those dark staring bug-eyes. I'm not saying love at first sight is impossible but, why should I be attracted to everyone who finds me alluring.

I'd also like to see an On/Off switch for the Attraction System. I just don't like it as it stands.

Online Dating (Bug) - Unable to permanently remove profile from the online dating system. It seems as soon as you leave the computer you go right back into the system or at least as soon as you pick up a new trait or lifetime reward. Lifetime rewards sometimes replace your listed traits if you didn't set up the profile yourself.

Also I don't know if this because I switched to an AMD video card a few months ago or if it's to do with a patch but textures take an awful long time to load when switching between lots. My Sim also takes several in game hours sometimes to change clothing. Some item icons take some time to load up as well.

Since Recent Updates (Cops and Robbers) - Cops aren't even trying to arrest/fight robbers. This has been going on since the last update or the one just before it. A robber was having a panic attack right in front of the cop near my alarmed gate. The police officer just stands there a second and the robber stopped freaking out and ran off while the cop said he got away. Even when Bonehilda or my Brave Sim beat the burglar to a pulp the cop just says he/she got away.(Edit: You broke it!) (Edit: I'm not sure if it has to do with a porch too small or entrance to close and cramped near the border of the lot. But this may be the problem. I was in the Affordable Victorian starter house near Eerie Park in one case. It has a very small porch. The other house where cops did nothing I had fenced it completely with just a Late Night celebrity gate at the edge as close as I could get it. It may have been that there wasn't space for Sims' interactions. I'm not positive about this though. I still think it may just be something you broke in a patch.)

CAS Editing Relationships - I'd like to be able to set a Young Adults relationship with another Sim as Daughter/Son. As it is I have to make the Young Adult a Teen and then set them as Child of... then age them up after I've started the game. Only an Elder Sim seems to be capable of being an YA or Adult's parent. I've seen plenty of times my Sims sons and daughters ages were the same as their parents due to potions or Ambrosia. I've even seen sons and daughters die of old age before their parents due to the same effects. Why shouldn't I be able to set an elder as the son of a YA even? Need more relationship options.

Also a way to edit Sims current skills/jobs before getting started so we can create a prebuilt setup. Say allow up to 20 skill points to be distributed into any available skill. Also the ability to start them up to 3rd position into a career. Choose the school they graduated from and perhaps a single degree if adult or elder. If they have a degree have them start up to 5th position in a career of the right kind. A way to create a household that already functions without starting empty handed would be nice.

(Edit: Just a thought. I usually start a single Sim but families don't feel properly progressed when starting a new game with a large family unit. I'd also like to setup a family with a child already progressed to Young Adulthood. I tend to play on epic lifespan and wind up with a big family eventually. Starting off with a large family feels odd without a blend of skilled and unskilled Sims with and without careers. If such is already available I'm not aware of how to use it. Probably would involve testingcheatsenabled and debugging stuff. I'm not very familiar with those, yet.)

University Life (Sims Still Running After Megaphone Wakeup Moodlet Expires) - The moodlet you get for waking someone up with a megaphone causes your Sim to run around as if they got an adrenaline rush moodlet. But once the moodlet expires they still run all the time. Save and restart and they still are running. I don't know whether to call this a bug or just a loophole to exploit. I sort of like it really. :mrgreen: It does feel like cheating though in a way. This happens to other Sims in town as well who tried to wake people up. (edit: Another one I've just noticed today. Happened with two of my Sims so it's repeatable. And hey another Uni. Life bug.)

Showtime/Supernatural(?) (Chin-ups Glitch) - My fairy Sim was doing chin-ups on a PowerMax 50x120 Showtime chin-up bar and was actually doing them on the other side of the wall. Looks like she was struggling against some invisible bonds outside of her apartment. (Edit: Don't know whether or not that it's repeatable. I took a screenshot and uploaded it to My Studio. She looks like a sacrifice to King Kong. LOL) (Edit 2: After her chin ups were finished she was stuck on the outside of the building's ledge... er... thin air I should say. Time to resetsim. This is in Bridgeport by the way.)

University Life - A Jock asked my Sim to take a photo together and they just freeze up staring at each other. After I reset both Sims an invisible something was still on the floor where they were standing blocking my access to the mailbox. Sort of like the problem my Sims have had with the dancing and leaving behind invisible markers or whatever they are. They can't be seen even in buydebug. I can't figure out how to get rid of either of them. (Edit: This one is the same Sim in Bridgeport that has been strangely going through walls occasionally. She's a fairy Sim if that has anything to do with it. She's also effected by the above mentioned megaphone scare glitch. She flies everywhere instead of running though. Like she has a permanent adrenaline rush moodlet going. She is also a Daredevil IF that has anything to do with it.)

These are the bugs that have been bugging me most of late.

CC free Only some store items nothing from Exchange.
    University Life yes Patch 1.50 Have all EPs. Only missing Sweet Treats and 70s, 80s, 90s SPs. (Update: Now using 1.55 and still having most of these issues if not more/new ones. Preordered Island Paradise, too. Please work on the bugs after it's release! I love the game but it's really getting to be a bugfest.)
    New game old doesn't matter these bugs happen.
    She was Premade in current game but I recreated her after getting University Life.
    Moonlight Falls (I've edited town a bit to add Late Night bars.)
    Origin downloads
    HD: 500GB ~200GB free
    Mem: 8GB
    Video: AMD 5570HD was NVidia GeForceGT430 but it burned out
    I haven't been out of Moonlight Falls and into Uni or WA worlds, yet. I don't like how travel effects records so badly.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ICONIC786ICONIC786 Posts: 27
    edited May 2013
    When my Sim uses his Smartphone to invite another Sim out when he takes his Smartphone out it is a big white brick thing instead of the Smartphone.

PLEASE FIX!
  • Options
    VASHORTYGIRL01VASHORTYGIRL01 Posts: 384 Member
    edited May 2013
    Saw the save issue on page 61 and wondered if it is the snow causing the issue of the game not saving and having to force the game to close. I have had this issue a few times but didn't notice it is during winter it seems. I can save any other time without an issue. I don't use any CC or mods.
  • Options
    bmashlandbmashland Posts: 358 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't see anything about the marriage issue.. is that being worked on? I have one stuck, I couldn't even get back in last time I tried but i'm sure if I gave it more time it would log in.

Anyways she went to college, can't marry now.. its a big bug, the other forum has a lot of people with it. I however got it after going to college.... and I forced it to happen with relationship app, I don't think they can have a baby... when I get back in I'll try but I even added super fertility and they weren't getting pregnant.

I'm patient for a fix but would like to know one is being worked on. Can you update me please for this bug... I don't get how its being done around here at all... anyways, big problem. people couldn't marry, and then I broke it more I think making them marry with the app. =/

Thanks if you can help, please if not point me to who could and not some 1-800 number or other beta forum... I keep getting people who's hearts are in the right place but whom really just don't know the tech enough to give advice. Its rough in tech support forum for Sims 3.. this community should be separate.. all the contests and warm fuzzies over our Sims are preventing us from get proper updates. Crazy stuff.

Update... I signed it back in finally, and it took about 12 minutes to get in .... but they are pregnant, I woohoo'd in the shower though, not the bed this time.

This sim might be ok, with going around the bug now.. lets just hope the baby has arms lol.... but I will be sending a lot more to college, can you please get this issue resolved or help to get it resolved.. I don't know who the tech guy is.. you, the guru, a man behind the curtain.... I do know I would like updates not fixes in a moment.. I'm sure you can understand that. thanks... much appreciated.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't see anything about the marriage issue.. is that being worked on? I have one stuck, I couldn't even get back in last time I tried but i'm sure if I gave it more time it would log in.

Anyways she went to college, can't marry now.. its a big bug, the other forum has a lot of people with it. I however got it after going to college.... and I forced it to happen with relationship app, I don't think they can have a baby... when I get back in I'll try but I even added super fertility and they weren't getting pregnant.

I'm patient for a fix but would like to know one is being worked on. Can you update me please for this bug... I don't get how its being done around here at all... anyways, big problem. people couldn't marry, and then I broke it more I think making them marry with the app. =/

Thanks if you can help, please if not point me to who could and not some 1-800 number or other beta forum... I keep getting people who's hearts are in the right place but whom really just don't know the tech enough to give advice. Its rough in tech support forum for Sims 3.. this community should be separate.. all the contests and warm fuzzies over our Sims are preventing us from get proper updates. Crazy stuff.

Update... I signed it back in finally, and it took about 12 minutes to get in .... but they are pregnant, I woohoo'd in the shower though, not the bed this time.

This sim might be ok, with going around the bug now.. lets just hope the baby has arms lol.... but I will be sending a lot more to college, can you please get this issue resolved or help to get it resolved.. I don't know who the tech guy is.. you, the guru, a man behind the curtain.... I do know I would like updates not fixes in a moment.. I'm sure you can understand that. thanks... much appreciated.

Update 5/20/2013... Twins, both with arms.. maybe the "not getting pregnant" in the bed part was a fluke? I don't pretend to know.. can you however get them tech. guys to watch for it at least. I have a "scared of commitment" that just left college.. I need to double check but I think she's still got a slash through red thing on the "go steady", if I don't give an update then that's a yes on that.. I don't want to keep coming back, I want to play and do my laundry. =/ thanks
  • Options
    BSU_AarBearBSU_AarBear Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I've seen somewhat similar issues on the first page, but I'll post this anyways because not much seems to be working here. I purchased University Life a week or so ago, and just got my sims through their first term. However, when the time comes for them to return home, I'm left with unplayable sims. Both sims' avatars are just a shade of green, and I can't click onto the second sim. If I hit the button to find my sim, it takes me to the first one, by himself, just standing randomly on the road at one part of town. I can't get him to do any actions, though, he's just stuck there. The other sim is nowhere to be found.
    For the record, I've tried moving the sims to another house, restarting the game, restarting my Mac, and tried resetting my sims. Nothing's worked.
    I don't play the game with any mods or anything, it's all vanilla. I play on a Macbook Pro. Anyone have any ideas?
  • Options
    WickedLambWickedLamb Posts: 45 Member
    edited May 2013
    Another month and another set of problems for this game.
    I am on my SECOND generation of University Life sim. I sent the sim to University...played a total of five minutes and the game crashed. when I got the game running again, the sim icon is green and non playable. This is the third time this has happened but the first time after a crash. I dont know what I am doing wrong really and its getting quite frustrating. Hopefully there is a fix?

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No Mods. Little Custom content
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I had a mod, took it out played from a back up version.
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? UL
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? I think 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? no
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Star Light Shores
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD

Please answer the following questions with every bug report

12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Uni-World
    Look deeply into my eyes...what do you see?
  • Options
    TreyaShanTreyaShan Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    Here's one glitch that I'm having that I haven't found anywhere else... The music and sound effects are sped up... Anyone know what this could be and how to fix it?
  • Options
    RueSaultRueSault Posts: 116 Member
    edited May 2013
    Two Issues -
    1) My Game will crash during play (for no apparent reason)
    2) When my sim "comes home" from University (graduated or no) there's just a green square where her avatar should be making her impossible to play or interact with via another sim.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No Mods. Only Store Content
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods Not using any mods.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Never use mods and only store content.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? n/a
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? I'm playing version 18.0.126.021017
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? No.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Twinbrook
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 8
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download

• Options
    WinterangelWinterangel Posts: 11 New Member
    edited May 2013
    And I had weird things happening to my sims who went to university like the bugs mentioned here, but then ended up losing all the people in my town. They're still in the relationship panel of surviving sims but without a picture and there are no interactions possible and they only respond to Phone calls by saying call back in 23 hours, even if in the middle of the night.

I'm really peeved about it as my game had already gone unplayable with crashes on my Mac since Seasons. Missed it too much so installed windows via bootcamp, paid for expensive copy of windows 7 for it. Plays wonderfully on Windows only to end up with bugs ruining my game again.

I love the game, but I do wish they would hire some people at EA that know how to program it!
    Never heard about major issues like this with any other games that seem to require a lot more both from graphics and from interactivity.

No mods, no custom content so don't blame that.
  • Options
    ejwlover203ejwlover203 Posts: 57 Member
    edited May 2013
    My sims game had all the trouble with no progress bar/no class schedule, but I fixed that by removing mods/resetting the sim. She did her time at University. She went and changed into her cap and robes and got her Fine Arts degree/trait. Everything was fine until I was sent back home.

Once home I noticed it said something about a Business degree and was missing key points to the pop up. Something like: 'BLANK just got Business degree from .' It was strange. I just figured it was fine because when I put the degree on display it was correct as in her name was on it and it was fine arts, but when I went to 'upload resume' the jobs were business jobs and they were all entry level/pay. Kind of lame to have a degree in Fine Arts and only be offered that.

Well I could live with that. But what I can't live with is my sim can't ask people to move in with her. When she does the game glitches and makes his portrait on all of the sims in the interface and the sims are basically copies of him in the interface. But when you double click on them they go to the original sim in game. I can direct them to do things, but it's just all glitchy and I can't tell who is doing what. I thought I could get around this by adding him to the household via cheats, so I exited deleted my cache files, but it did the same thing.

I am also having countless other bugs that make this game literally unplayable. I usually wait a while to buy new Expansions just from EA's history of putting buggy games out there, but I guess I didn't wait long enough with University. I hope a fix is found soon.

As for mods/CC I don't play with many mods and I removed them and did all that jazz, but still the game bugs even without them and CC. It's the game. Please fix this!
  • Options
    xXVampressaXxxXVampressaXx Posts: 16
    edited May 2013
    WickedLamb wrote:
    Another month and another set of problems for this game.
    I am on my SECOND generation of University Life sim. I sent the sim to University...played a total of five minutes and the game crashed. when I got the game running again, the sim icon is green and non playable. This is the third time this has happened but the first time after a crash. I dont know what I am doing wrong really and its getting quite frustrating. Hopefully there is a fix?

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No Mods. Little Custom content
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I had a mod, took it out played from a back up version.
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? I think 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? no
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Star Light Shores
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD

That's what keeps happening to me! Only for me, my game doesn't even have to crash for my Sim icon to become green and unplayable; sometimes I just exit my game normally, and then when I go back to play my character, it'll happen! I can see my Sim, but she's always in the same place, and I can't interact with her at all. This happened to me three times before I gave up and decided to wait on playing Sims until the new patch came out. That was about a month and a half ago, and I can't say I'm pleased that it's getting close to three months since University came out and there's STILL no patch.
  • Options
    WickedLambWickedLamb Posts: 45 Member
    edited May 2013

That's what keeps happening to me! Only for me, my game doesn't even have to crash for my Sim icon to become green and unplayable; sometimes I just exit my game normally, and then when I go back to play my character, it'll happen! I can see my Sim, but she's always in the same place, and I can't interact with her at all. This happened to me three times before I gave up and decided to wait on playing Sims until the new patch came out. That was about a month and a half ago, and I can't say I'm pleased that it's getting close to three months since University came out and there's STILL no patch.

Oh the first time it happened to me, the game didn't crash. I saved normally, came back the next day to the game and icon was green. Its so frustrating and more frustrating...no help...
    Look deeply into my eyes...what do you see?
  • Options
    PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited May 2013
    Seems someone reported this, but, I don't feel like reading through 63 pages. I also reported 2 other bugs I noticed. A couple of nights ago, I was in Moonlight Falls and decided to resurrect a ghost in the cemetery. After resurrecting him, I noticed that when I did, him and my single girl shared her inventory and when I moved him out on his own, she was shown as living in his house even though she was at hers, plus buy build mode was grayed out. As an experiment, I didn't save, came back and resurrected the same guy with another ghost, and as soon as I did that, it was "stuck" on that new ghost. Couldn't click on anyone else in the household. I know resurrecting a ghost was fine before patch 1.50 and University since I resurrected another ghost right before that. Hope the gurus know about all these issues. Would be nice if they would acknowledge they are working on a patch.
  • Options
    BlueMooCow13BlueMooCow13 Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if anyone else has this same issue. But whenever I try to send my sims to Uni, the map loads and it allows me to pick a housing but my sims never show up. The green avatar blip is always at the corner of the map...as though my sims are still traveling...but they never actually show up on the map, even though the other civilians are doing their thing! Very frustrating. Any help is appreciated

Yes
    I am using master controller. But it happens even when it is uninstalled.
    3.Do you have University Life or just the Patch?
    Both
    4. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    New
    6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    New
    7. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA
    8. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Windows 8
    9. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game?
    Some expansions are DL some are disc. Uni is Download.
  • Options
    erikajane11erikajane11 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi,
    I've heard you're great at helping people fix bugs, so if you could help me, I'd really appreciate it. If you don't though it's ok.
    I installed The Sims 3 University Life, I sent one off my sims off to university but when I was supposed to choose where they would live he disappeared. I went back to the home town and the house he was living in was still there but there was no icon and so I presume the people that lived with him disappeared too. Every household was unable to control because the 'switch to this household' button had gone. All other buttons seemed to be there (evict, merge, split up, share ect.). Also in the bottom left it normally says 'change active household' but that button couldn't be clicked on. The other towns all worked. Some how I managed to put a sim into a house then play as them but the buttons still didn't work.

If you have any suggestions on what I could do to fix it, then can you say :)
    Thank you, email me at erikajane.norman@gmail.com
  • Options
    Maat18Maat18 Posts: 53 Member
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if anyone else has posted about this, but I've had problems when my sims are leaving University and reentering the home world. More specifically, I've had one sim head back to Sunset Valley, only for all of the Sim information (icons, need bars, the entire HUD) to be missing. I cannot enter F2 or F3. I have not saved when this has happened. I must add that he has been carrying a grave with him of another sim to died while at University. Might this be causing the glitch? I run nraas' Master Controller, Errortrap, DebugEnabler, and Overwatch. Aside from those, I do not have any Mods that might be interfering. Again, this is only an issue when travelling between the neighborhoods.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    We need the marriage issue fixed and a time frame for when that will be updated...

I have Sims that I need to send to college and they are ones that will be getting married... I shouldn't have to force the situation every time because you are making Sims 4 instead of fixing our bugs.

When do we get our fixes for the Marriage Issue, it happens after college and I'm sure you know about it by now.. your expansion messed up our towns, towns which take a lot of time to build and expand on... time is money, you got ours.. can we get a working product please?

When is the update scheduled to fix the following:

Plants stuck in harvest on seasons, Broken consignment stores in pets and ambitions, Wobbly sad not worth the money we paid for it horse, not able to marry after graduating university, sending established Sims to college sometimes makes them lose everything... if that's intentional, there should be a WARNING some where, I lost so much for that stupid add, and so many more. I'm not going to force fix nothing with mod and do this.. just get in here and make it work right. How can this even be on shelves with this kind of avoidance to the issues it has? .... Anyways. this is silly, I've been patient enough... You got our money now... PLEASE UPDATE the fixes for our BUGS!
  • Options
    Sushilover21Sushilover21 Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Hello :) So I have been playing this game for a couple of days & the cheat that I use is the testingcheatsenabled true. Not sure if that is why my game messed or not but yeah the problem I have is that when I went to play today my Sim was there but I couldn't control her & the box on the left where it has her face was green & no picture of her. So I went to exit the game & when I went back it was gone & i have have zero money & nothing on the control panel. Does anyone know what to do? :cry:

Sorry if they are too big I tried to resize them.

1gNh5yX.jpg?1

8uNY7mN.jpg?1
  • Options
    minzi724minzi724 Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    hey crin, im having a problem with the sims running to their class- they run around half of the building before running back to the entrance
  • Options
    kmt27kmt27 Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Hello :) So I have been playing this game for a couple of days & the cheat that I use is the testingcheatsenabled true. Not sure if that is why my game messed or not but yeah the problem I have is that when I went to play today my Sim was there but I couldn't control her & the box on the left where it has her face was green & no picture of her. So I went to exit the game & when I went back it was gone & i have have zero money & nothing on the control panel. Does anyone know what to do? :cry:

Sorry if they are too big I tried to resize them.

Same problem i have....already lost 2 saves cause of this....:( wtb a fix qq

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top