Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• girlygirl2799girlygirl2799 Posts: 36
    edited March 2013
    My sims wont go home after their terms are over? it's been a whole day!!!
  • HondajdmHondajdm Posts: 13 New Member
    edited March 2013
    @thatonegirl32 I've had this happen to me before. I believe it's plantsims, because on the graduation day the invisible sims left flowers and stuff on the floor and appeared for a few minutes before disappearing. But, I havent had this happen in the home world, yet.
  • akhan33akhan33 Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    Every time, I try to get my sim to introduce herself to another sim, it doesn't work. She goes up to the other sim and doesn't introduce herself, than the introduction disappears from her action Que. There is absolutely no interaction with the other sim. My sims can't interact with other sims.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? I have custom content from the sims 3 website.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? I am not using any mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I have never used mods
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? no mods
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? I have University Life and I updated my game to the latest update
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? I'm playing an existing game that I had saved.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? I made existing sims from a home neighborhood go to university
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA: University
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Downloaded version

Please answer the following questions with every bug report

12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Uni-World
  • MoonHarvest321MoonHarvest321 Posts: 79
    edited March 2013
    My sims wont go home after their terms are over? it's been a whole day!!!

I have this problem too!! But after i installed ErrorTrapped by Nraas, i was be bale to, idk if that help or if it doesn't, but try :)
  • ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited March 2013
    akhan33 wrote:
    Every time, I try to get my sim to introduce herself to another sim, it doesn't work. She goes up to the other sim and doesn't introduce herself, than the introduction disappears from her action Que. There is absolutely no interaction with the other sim. My sims can't interact with other sims.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? I have custom content from the sims 3 website.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? I am not using any mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I have never used mods
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? no mods
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? I have University Life and I updated my game to the latest update
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? I'm playing an existing game that I had saved.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? I made existing sims from a home neighborhood go to university
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA: University
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Downloaded version

Please answer the following questions with every bug report

12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Uni-World

This is exactly what is happening in my game!Like you, I do not use mods only difference is I'm using DVD version
  • heychayheychay Posts: 56 Member
    edited March 2013
    Okay, a few issues to report.

First issue: In Aurora Skies. When I'd have my child werewolf sim drink the potent cure to cure his werewolf curse, he'd cure fine.. but then when I'd try to save the game, the game would freeze while saving. I tried this several times and the issue would always occur after he used the cure. I solved the issue, if you could call it that, but having him drink the cure, then saving the family to the bin and putting them in a new town. Given that this is the first time I had tried to cure a supernatural as a child, I don't know if there was an issue with this in my game before now.

Second Issue: I was playing my sims (the same sims as in the previous issue) in Lucky Palms and all but the ambient sounds randomly stopped working. I hadn't saved the game, so started it again and had the same issue at the same point... the sims were sleeping at the time, and I believe it was right after they woke up. I deleted their beds (which were the high end electronic beds, can't remember what they are called) and cleared my cache, and things went fine for several sim days before it happened again. Whether by coincidence or not, it happened again after the sims had been sleeping. I 'fixed' the issue again by moving them to a new city. This is an issue I never had before installing the patch and University.

Third Issue: Same Sims, this time in Lunar Lakes. Last night I was playing and tried to save the game and it froze while saving. I will add that this issue occurred after my sim had returned from the University, though it was in Lunar Lakes that the issue occurred. Again, an issue I never had before installing the patch and University.

Fourth Issue: Same Sims. With both the mother and the son (at different times as the son was born after the mom returned from University) when the graduation ceremony would start, they'd get stuck in the crowd outside of the Annex building and would never enter, and while I got the achievement for getting the degrees, they never actually got their diploma. The issue with the mom happened when they lived in Aurora Skies, the issue with the son happened when they lived in Lunar Lakes, though obviously both of the issues occurred in the University World.

Fifth Issue: One issue I hadn't previously reported was with the original sim of this family. When she went to the University and used the "break up text" with someone in the home world, after that, she couldn't go steady with anyone, not even after returning home. She lived in Aurora Skies. The issue was both in the UW and the HW.

Sixth Issue: When the sim that most of these issues occurred with went to University (while living in Lunar Lakes), he had both a car and a motorcycle in his inventory. When the got to the University, the car had disappeared. The car was still missing when he returned home.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Just textures I downloaded from the exchange. Nothing else.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods No mods.

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) No, have never used a mod.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A

5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? Both

6. Which Patch Level are you at ? My version is 18.0.126.021017

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Both.

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Existing

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Aurora Skies for the driving issue, Sunlit tides for the boyfriend becomes household member at University issue.

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. Download

12. Reporting on some issues in Home Worlds and one issue in UW.
  • AyriaMAyriaM Posts: 223 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi Crinrict,

Didn't see this on the list, and just came across it...thought I'd post.

I chose a Communications major, and was given the "Frequency Fun Mobile Radio Station". For some reason the object won't automatically pack when the sim is done with the activity.

I lost the object somewhere in town. I was able to add it again in buy mode.
    For some reason, it doesn't auto pack like the "Workforce Warrior Business Planner".

I noticed there's no option to pack it yourself like other objects (miner, time machine). So this may be an EA oversight? Not sure.

Have a good weekend! :>

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No cc or mods
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I had to restore my laptop since Seasons launched, so No mods on computer
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? n/a
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? own University Life
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 18.0.126.021017
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Existing game
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Appaloosa Plains (currently at University)
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? digital download via Origin
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • AyriaMAyriaM Posts: 223 Member
    edited March 2013
    AyriaM wrote:
    Hi Crinrict,

Didn't see this on the list, and just came across it...thought I'd post.

I chose a Communications major, and was given the "Frequency Fun Mobile Radio Station". For some reason the object won't automatically pack when the sim is done with the activity.

I lost the object somewhere in town. I was able to add it again in buy mode.
    For some reason, it doesn't auto pack like the "Workforce Warrior Business Planner".

I noticed there's no option to pack it yourself like other objects (miner, time machine). So this may be an EA oversight? Not sure.

Have a good weekend! :>

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No cc or mods
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I had to restore my laptop since Seasons launched, so No mods on computer
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? n/a
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? own University Life
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 18.0.126.021017
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Existing game
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Appaloosa Plains (currently at University)
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? digital download via Origin

Hmm...I bought the Radio as mentioned, added it to my inventory, saved the game and restarted Sims 3. Now, the radio seems to auto pack. It just did so when using it at the dorm.

The only difference from before is that I think I was attending class when I lost it before. (using it during an outdoor class session) That may have something to do with it? Anyway...solved....sorta.

Thanks lol
  • aleiapaulaleiapaul Posts: 64 Member
    edited March 2013
    Keep getting a notification that a carpool will come for my sims when they don't have work.
    I get invited to a party everyday. When I decline, it still gives me a notification to attend
  • AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited April 2013
    Madsunny wrote:
    I superpatched last week and everything is well and no crashes :)..however i seem to have a problem with the new care packages..i only have an option to send supernatural or surprise gifts and no other options.

I have a twist on this one:

My game is fully patched with University installed but other Simmers do not have the option to send me any Care Packages. They've never had the option & it hasn't updated since I installed University, which is what I thought would happen.

Thanks!
  • MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited April 2013
    Just incase any SimGuru is reading this thread the bug that crinrict has listed on the first page of this thread mentioning the apartment lot type not being able in Bidgeport is actually an issue that effects any world flagged as a "City" not just Bridgeport

I installed Los Aniegos(a user-created "City" world from the exchange) and the apartment lot type wasn't available there either
  • joshnel300joshnel300 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I need some advice regarding installation.

I just bought University Life and when I install it, there is no world...
    Apparently there is supposed to be one, but there isn't. I've uninstalled the base game and the EP and re-installed, but still no luck. the game runs fine, but no world. the content and objects are there and I look at the folder and the world is there, but it doesn't install it to the game! please help, I paid 250 rand for this!
  • ehl451ehl451 Posts: 38 Member
    edited April 2013
    joshnel300 wrote:

Apparently there is supposed to be one, but there isn't. I've uninstalled the base game and the EP and re-installed, but still no luck. the game runs fine, but no world. the content and objects are there and I look at the folder and the world is there, but it doesn't install it to the game! please help, I paid 250 rand for this!

The UL world is like the WA worlds. You have to visit them to have access to them. If you are in the Edit Town mode, look at the upper left corner of your screen. You should see an icon for the UL world along with the ones for Epypt, France, and China if you have WA.
  • ladyolacladyolac Posts: 80 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I have ALL the Expansion Packs, nearly all the Stuff Packs and All the worlds from the store. I have no CCs and no MODs. I noticed that since I installed University, the Adventure Worlds are not functioning right. Specifically, I can send one of my sims wo is visa 3 into all the worlds and it works fine, he leaves, enjoys the break and returns and all goes fine. But I can't send him with anyone. I tried every world and when they arrived, they have no icon, no image to act with them. They arrive but they have no moodlets and you can't play them. I tried sending the other sims from my "family" who have no visas and they can travel one at a time. But none can go to Egypte. When they arrive in Egypte, they can't be played. That needs to be addressed.
  • Dianna07Dianna07 Posts: 61
    edited April 2013
    is it a possible bug with the university buildings and lot options in a regular neighborhood? Do they even work?
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited April 2013
    I think I have a new bug. If my sim goes to practice speech for world peace at the mirror they don't gain charisma now. Instead they say one sentence and stop. I started noticing this after university although it maybe from before and I just didn't notice since I haven't played a sim with charisma in awhile till just recently.
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• krujukruju Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    I already enrolled my sims into university once, and everything worked correctly, except for the graduation ceremony (I couldn't go in b/c there were too many people, but I still got my diploma anyways). However, now, whenever I try to re-enroll with the same household, it only gives me one of three options: Create-A-Sim, Choose Household, or Move in Household (like how it would seem if I clicked new town in the main menu). Please help, I really, really want to play with this household. Thanks! :)
  • sims3game123456sims3game123456 Posts: 111 New Member
    edited April 2013
    When moving to home or university the pictures are gone
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited April 2013
    when I move my sim to university, sometimes when I choose a dorm (this one is user created) it gets stuck in the map view, and I can't do any thing except move the camera with the WASD keys. the control panel is also invisible.
  • Sweet_RisaSweet_Risa Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I'll say it anyways.

I've been having major problems whenever my Sim has to attend a lecture in the Student Union building. There is a huge crowd of people stuck there and my sim can't get through. :/
  • BeachParrotBeachParrot Posts: 68 Member
    edited April 2013
    Has anyone mentioned that the "Rebound Kiss" option doesn't work?
  • ZayerneZayerne Posts: 5 New Member
    edited April 2013
    My sims have problems traveling to World Adventures locations since installing University. The sim's profile disappears and all I get is a blank console. I can't quit: I have to use Ctrl+Alt+Delete and quit via Task Manager. It doesn't happen all of the time, but often enough that I don't want to travel. As traveling is one of my favorite things in the Sims this is frustrating. The only similar factor I can find is the sims in question have been to university previously when this happens. I sent Doreen Caliente from Moonlight Falls as a test and she had no problems.

Also, if a sim already has a degree they can't go back to University. This has happened to me more than once. I am brought to the main screen for University but my sim is not available for selection. And, once again, I have to use Task Manager to quit my game. My sims are able to graduate but cannot achieve more than one degree. I have tested this on more than one town with no mods installed, with the same results.
  • ShallaeShallae Posts: 3,166 Member
    edited April 2013
    I have two more bugs to show:
    One, I am unable to click on the TV.
    Two, I have a few 'online headsets' just laying around on the ground: Pic Below
    Screenshot-377_zps923846bd.jpg

The second bug is just a minor annoyance, but the first is pretty stupid. Any help if this has a solution that I might have missed would be awesome. Thanks :)
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'll post these here as they didn't show up until patch 1.50. Am I using custom content? Yes, Twallan's Overwatch and Story Progression Mod as well as default new eyes and skins.

Since Patch 1.50 (prior to Uni installation):
    - Game crashes in Build Mode (usually on a 2-storey house)
    - School bus still arrives and kids go to school despite a 'Snow Day' being declared.
    - Constant 'Get to Know' automous interaction between spouses.
    - Existing - Wishes to move in with spouse even though they're already living together.
    - Female Sim spontaneously developed full body hair (chest, arms and legs) upon growing up into an Adult. Her body hair was exactly the same as her spouse. Not a werewolf, all Supernaturals turned off. Capable of going to the salon to get a full wax but hair grows back again like it would with male sims.
    -Almost forgot this one. Sims outfits randomly change and I don't mean everyday wear to outerwear, career wear, etc. I mean these base outfits change. My Sims outwear was suddenly very different from the one I had chosen for him and this has happened with other sims. Again with another sim it was again a spontaneous change to the outerwear I had chosen for them into something else. I have to take them to plan their outfit if I want to change this again.

University Life new bugs:
    - Sims walking inside the ground, thought bubbles appear just above ground level and while my sims can talk to them if they start the conversation, I can't select the other sim to change interactions.

These are just what I've encountered so far.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited April 2013
    joshnel300 wrote:

You have to create the sims through a standard town first and then send them to the University World. They would need a home base to return to after university. Try that and see how it works. University is like the World Adventures worlds in that you can't actually start a game there or select them from the main menu. They are only accessible as a Holiday destination or a Go to University option and not as a stand alone world.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top