Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited March 2013
    Windows XP
    No mods installed
    Patch 1.50
    All Ep's except University
    All Sp's before Katy Perry Pink Fluff pack none since
    EA neighbourhoods
    CC clothes abnd hairstyles

Since installing patch 1.50 my sims no longer do the animation where the steam comes out of their ears and they breathe fire after eating chilli or any of the other hot foods
  • RicalynnRicalynn Posts: 68 Member
    edited March 2013
    Crin,

I have strange news regarding the recent dresser age reset glitch. Several of my Sims were resetting their age but as soon as I saved the game, went to main menu or quit the game - their age would reset back to it's normal place.

The reset of age only seemed to happen when a career outfit was changed in anyway.

• sashe1977sashe1977 Posts: 314
    edited March 2013
    Ricalynn wrote:
    Does it need to be mentioned that townies still aren't having children? I get a marriage about once every 15th full moon but still no children that aren't populated when the parents are.
    Hi
    I was having the same problem. None of my inactive sims were getting married or having kids since about patch 1.38 I think. I got so tried of it that I installed Twallan's StoryProgression mod.
  • burandonburandon Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    Hi I'm having a problem with the University Life. My sim is at the university but he cannot attend to classes, etc, neither the progress bar appears in the UI, I am already at Wednesday, the fifth day of my Sim in the university but I have do nothing but wander around in the campus.
    I'm at Windows 7 64 bits, the only expansion pack I don't have installed are: Fast Lane, High-end Loft and Katty Perry Sweat Treats. No CC. I have a LOT of Store Contents, it is too much for me to list here. I'm playing at patch 1.50 of course. And I'm playing on a existing game, from Aurora Skies.
    Sorry if my English isn't clear.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    @rosahege: Thanks for the report. I'll add you to the issue

@Ricalynn: Na. You would have to if it was the other way round :D

@davina1221: Haven't heard anything in that direction. Did you check the Store forum ?

@lydiad206: Could you remove all mods and test the issue on a vanilla game ? Also do you have any special seeds in your inventory ?

@Rubysim: I'll add you to the issue. I've noticed you haven't answered the questions in the second post yet. Could you do that for me ?

@julienrob2004: On all games or an existing one ? I'll add

@Ricalynn: Partial fix you say ? I need to try that

@sashe1977: Yeah, that's how it's been for a very long time

@burandon: Do you have any mods in your game ?

---

I'll be adding later.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    edited March 2013
    I am having the same problem as burandon, took out all my mods, still not working, vanilla game.
  • siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    edited March 2013
    NEW PROBLEM!

I recently took out all of my mods (every single one) and now every class in my town says "tuition fees are an integral part of our program. Sorry." ????? I can't take classes in town anymore even as an adult??

No mods, Windows 7, vanilla game.
  • KMC6690KMC6690 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited March 2013
    siennaSTAR wrote:
    I am having the same problem as burandon, took out all my mods, still not working, vanilla game.

Same here, classes won't show up or the progress bar. I tried having her drop out, go back, but still nothing.
    Have no mods.
  • pinkgirl0515pinkgirl0515 Posts: 25 Member
    edited March 2013
    Info
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Both
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods. No
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) -
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Yes
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? Both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Start a new game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New sims
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA - Aurora Skies
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Window 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. DVD

Problems face
    I create new sims family in Aurora Skies and manage to move them in there. But I cannot move them into the dorm of University...
    edited March 2013
    For the moment my questions are going to be rather stupid. I did not read anything about about Uni and missed the last live chat (didn't have time to watch it yet) so I have no clue how the EP works. I won't have mine till Thursday since I'm in Europe, so bear with me :)

@siennaSTAR: is that an existing game ? Could you please answer the questions in the second post. Thanks

@KMC6690: Please answer the questions in the second post

@pinkgirl0515: Could you be a bit more specific to what you're seeing ? Try to describe what does happen.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• LadyMeldaLadyMelda Posts: 111 Member
    edited March 2013
    Attempted to edit clothing in 'plan outfit' option. When I changed clothing, the color was missing and only showed the morphed sim form i.e. the clothes shape was there. When I attempted to switch to other clothing that had appeared alright before, the game froze.

I have both University and the patch.
    No mods
    I am playing on a Mac and my game rarely glitches.
    Is this happening to anyone else?

Thank you.
  • RicalynnRicalynn Posts: 68 Member
    edited March 2013
    RE: Dresser age reset

I asked several other members of Carl's Forum to help me out yesterday on the dresser thing.

All of them who did get an age reset had the age reset reset (aka revert to normal) by simply changing what tab they were looking at.

Seems to be a temporary glitch. Please let me know what you find out on your end.
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Removed for installation
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Mods Removed before install
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? Both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50.56
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New Game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New Sim
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA - Hidden Springs
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Vista 64
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. Downloaded

My sim was spawned without a smart phone, there was a camera from WA in her inventory. I've looked all over electronics, buydebug ect and I can not find a place to purchase one.

Also she was not carrying a suitcase like I have seen in screenshots, there was not a lama or a gift basket that showed up for her, she just teleported off her porch to the Uni loading screen.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited March 2013
    Routing Issues for 8am class is screwed up. My sim has to wait so long that she ends up missing it (and failing her exam).

It seems everyone and their grandmother needs to attend that class so getting into it is pretty impossible. They just line up one by one and wait to enter one by one. It makes the game unplayable.

university117_zps0a34808c.png

universitya100_zpse70d6a68.png

A lot of general path issues too ( a lot of waiting for others to go first when they're just standing still). One at a time sucks. Just gooooooo.

• ShadowkeepernoirShadowkeepernoir Posts: 55 Member
    edited March 2013
    @Shadowkeepernoir: Don't have any more suggestions to crashing and freezing that I have in my blog. You should post in technical about those.

The fire issue seems a bit curious. I'll add that to see if anyone made similar experiences.

Did you try to delete the counter top with testingcheats and then object-delete ?

The not being able to switch portrait/multiple portrait selected glitch has been happening for a while now and if not solved by a restart of the game usually does point towards savegame corruption. I recommend ErrorTrap for that.

Can't say much to the rest, seems random and savegame related.

Thank you for the advice. I think the 2 older games are just corrupted saves. I can't even open Edit town to save the sims to file(it simply won't recognize the command), and while I know freezes/crashes are another area I mentioned it because it was new behavior and possibly related.

The AS family is working beautifully with zero game play issues. I got rid of the new style fireplace (the small square one with the stove pipe that came with AS) no more fires. Thank you again for the help.
  • InterruptionsInterruptions Posts: 5
    edited March 2013
    Info

1. No CC or mods (I just did a clean re-install and haven't put anything into my game).
    2. N/A
    3. N/A
    4. N/A
    5. I have both the patch 1.50 and University Life
    6. 1.50
    7. I'm playing a existing family pre-made in the Supernatural World.
    8. I'm playing an EA-made family.
    9. EA, Supernatural World
    10. Win 7
    11. Origin Download

So my problem is: when I enroll in University, my sim will get into the shuttle car and leave. Then the loading screen comes up and after a little wait the University town loads. Fine, great; however, my family I'm bringing from the Supernatural world is nowhere to be found. It loads the University town as if I started a new game. It wants me to create, choose, or move in a family even though my sim supposedly traveled to the world.

Any idea?
  • jafo88fanjafo88fan Posts: 577 Member
    edited March 2013
    Have a sim in University that fixed breakfast but his hunger never moved when he ate. He is living in DeAnda Hall on President's drive. He woke up and immediately cooked breakfast because his hunger was so low.

1. no cc or mods, this was a brand new reinstall after a computer crash issue.
    2. na
    3. never used mods in this game, was a clean install after I had to format my computer.
    4. na
    5. University Life
    6. 18.0.126.021017 is version showing on launcher
    7. brand new game to check out university life
    8. new/pre-made, was one I uploaded some time ago and redownloaded from my simpage. I editted him in create a sim and gave him new traits and looks.
    9. Playing Sims University attached to Moonlight Falls, definitely EA towns.
    10. Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit OS
    11. Origin digital download

Not a huge issue since I can have him eat later, but I was trying to get him to class in a good mood and that didn't work very well.
  • CarrotPigeonCarrotPigeon Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    The University is set in England and my game is showing cars/bikes driving on the right of the road. It should be on the left.
  • MafiastyleMafiastyle Posts: 714 Member
    edited March 2013
    I don't really know how to explain this one. I sent the call to enroll into the university and moved my entire family with it. As the moving truck came, they all got in and the loading screen appeared. Upon the opening to Sims 3 University - Showcasing the City and all, it informed me if I would like to start a new family.

When I checked to move in, there is nothing there. Funds, etc. I assume this means the family was deleted on transfer - is there a way I can get my sims back?
    39d589ef4e5a6ca8bd17fc4bfd12fec6.jpg
    Babies everywhere, thank you shadow cat.

• jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited March 2013
    I've experienced the disappearing Sims balony when I play WA and there is no solution to that one [if there is, let a girl know] so this freaks me out. I only have store purchased stuff after I uninstalled my CC a few months ago. Everything is updated and I used Origin to download. I really want to do a keg stand,too.... :cry: I hope this glitch is rectified pronto.
    Moonstone.jpg

• MntnhthrMntnhthr Posts: 8 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Bug report for University Life...

My avatar cannot interact with the NPC's. There doesn't seem to be a problem interacting with anything else on campus. I honestly don't know if it is the patch or University because my origin does not work with my launcher so I have always had to update manually. This morning I downloaded the patch after being unable to install university life. Once the patch was installed I was allowed to install university and began playing. I was able to play perfectly except that I am unable to interact with NPC's.

1. Yes
    2. No
    3. Removed them
    4. no
    5. University and patch
    6. 1.5
    7. new
    8. new
    9. aurora skies
    10. windows xp
    11. digital download
  • mosneakersmosneakers Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited March 2013
    Well I found myself in a pickle! When I began the game, I tried out the new smartphones, which worked completely fine at first. Sent a sim off to uni, the phones were still working. Then for some reason, it just stopped, meaning I can't click on them nor do I have the option to use the phones at all. I don't remember doing anything in particular to cause this, it seemed a bit random.

-No CC or Mods
    -I have the latest patch and the university EP.
    -I'm playing with an existing sim.
    -I'm playing in Appaloosa Plains originally, but she's at the university town at the moment.
    -windows 7
    -Disc version of the game

I'll be more than thankful for any help, I know you're very busy :)
  • ANGLE666ANGLE666 Posts: 7
    edited March 2013
    :cry:I sent my sim to university the loading screen went fine and when it finished loading it said create a household move in household or choose a household to play... So i can't play as my sim there... :L
    edited March 2013
    Ok. First, everyone please take out traveler. If you already did so, make sure to delete your cache files.

----

@LadyMelda: Sounds like a more technical mac issue. Could you please post in the mac forum

@Ricalynn: Thanks for the update. I asked at twallan's place for now. I don't know when I have time for the game

@Jessabeans: Does this happen with every new game you start ? Did you do the clean folder approach or just remove the mods folder ? Did you also delete the cache files ?

@Xoxk9: Same issue as the school I guess. Bad that they didn't solve that. I'll add

@Shadowkeepernoir: Great to hear. Have fun :)

@Interruptions, Mafiastyle, ANGLE666: Little difficult for me to give you an answer since I don't know how it works but I'll add. Maybe someone else can help for now. I'll see if I can get you an answer once I have it myself.

@jafo88fan: Did you try resetting the Sim ?

@CarrotPigeon: Don't think that this is a bug.

@Mafiastyle: See above but could you please also answer the questions in the second post.

@jennytru: So you have this issue too ? Could you please also answer all questions in the second post.

@Mntnhthr: Try the factory reset linked on the first page.

@mosneakers: I think I need some info on the smart phones (haven't read anything, don't have Uni yet): Is this a new item Sims get in their inventories or does it replace the old phone in the panel ? Do you have Showtime at all ?

@ANGLE666: See answer above but could you please also answer the questions in the second post.

---

I'll be adding everything in the morning. I was very busy with some RL stuff that needed done and it's bed time now.

Please make sure to read the first page and don't swamp me with issues while I sleep :)

AHQ Tutorial

• alicia7tommyalicia7tommy Posts: 38 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Hello...
    when using my sketch book the pictures wont show up on the pad...

When I get to the University world, the game treats it as if I've started a brand-new game (prompting me to do the usual "create a household, select a household or move in a household")and does not allow me to place/play as the sim I sent off in the first place.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top