My work here is mostly finished. I'm no longer answering posts.
You're still welcome to post your issues, they just won't get added. EA is monitoring this thread so hopefully our report will be seen nevertheless.
For updates and news check my blog:
So, since this thread has already slowed down considerably, I will check back on Sunday, March 24th to see if there is anything major that needs adding but I won't answer everyone anymore. I know the time invested is shorter then in previous bug threads but I have planned this weekend (without Sims) a long while ago and I really don't feel like answering 3 days worth of new posts, especially on a weekend so I think this is a good point to wrap things up.
The bad bugs have been identified and now I will try to find infos on how we can prevent them. I am still checking in on those two other threads and see if we can find a common denominator. Also watch my blog for new info.
If you have the not arriving at Uni issue, please post here: . The issue is to extensive to be handled here
If you have the not returning home after Uni issue, please post here:
Make sure to test on a vanilla game (that means deleting the mods as well as the cache files or use the factory reset approach) before you post an issue here
Few precautions you should take before going to University:
Manual Links to the patch is here:
Major Issues with invalid files atm. Be patient. EA is looking into it. Please post here if you have the issue: or use the super patch linked in the above thread.
Before updating your game and/or installing the new EP, please make sure to follow these steps:
Ask here, if anything is unclear. It will help you avoid most patching problems.If you have crashing issues, please make your own thread in the technical part of this forum. This one is about GAMEPLAY bugsI do not have a solution for uninstalling Store content other than reinstalling all of them. If you have the issue, please post in the technical or Store technical section of this forum.Please remove your mods before posting. Even if they say they are updated. You can only be sure something is a EA bug if you play a vanilla game.There is no need for reading this whole thread but please check my posts on this first page if your issue has been reported and only post if you have extra info to add.
Remember that the patch will make your game 'EP' ready. Most of the bugs (unless they are specific to functionality of the EP) and fixes will also apply if you only have the patch and NOT the EP.RulesPlease post the info asked in the second post and I'd appreciate it if you follow the rules
1. Please DO NOT VENT in this thread. If you are not happy with the game, post in another thread that most likely will pop up or start your own. I will need to read through all posts and venting will make me skip your post. Make your statement as calm and informative as possible.
2. Don't post things like: It doesn't work
or I got an error message
. I don't know how to help you with that. Describe as accurate as possible what you tried and what your problem is. Post any error messages you receive as you seem them (screen-shots are great)
3. Make sure that you have removed ALL your custom content, especially mods for they are most likely not compatible anymore. This also applies if you are only getting the patch. Check with the creators before putting them back.
4. You can also post your bugs/problems if you have not but the expansion but updated to the newest patch.
5. Please do not post any technical issues like crashes, graphic card problems or incompatibility messages. They go in the technical section of this forum and there are people there that can better help you than me.
6. Please read the compiled lists to see if anyone has posted before and if there's a solution to your problem. I will try to keep links so you can go to the post of the person for extra info but that might prove difficult if lots of people have the problem. If you have extra info to add, please do so. Also let me know if you feel that I have misinterpreted your post.
7. Also consult my blog at to see if you are running into an old problem that already has a solution
8. You may also post any fixed bugs or solutions you might find.
9. Please do not link to another post if you have already posted somewhere else. Copy/Paste your post and add the link as extra info. This forum will probably be a pain to navigate again and if I don't have to go consult other threads to what might be your problem, that's a huge relieve.
10. Keep in mind that I'm in a different time zone than most of you guys. Be patient, I will try to answer anyone (except venting posts).
11. If you are replying to a question of mine, please quote your problem/my question or recap in short. It will help me tremendously if I don't have to go back to see what your problem was and I can't keep them all in mind.
12. Check your game if you have any old cc-framework leftovers and .
13. Please don't post: I don't have the time to read all this
. I find that rather insulting because it tells me, you didn't even bother to read the first post. I'm taking MY time to help you guys out and I'm not compensated by EA for this so the least you can do is read the first few posts before making your statement.
14. Please do not edit your post to add extra info to it unless no one else has answered you. I'm not going back in reading the thread, so I might miss extra info. Simply make a new post and restate your issue.
15. Please also excuse if my answers are short and to the point. I usually have to cover a lot of ground and I can't be elaborate about everything. It's not meant in a rude way at all. I appreciate everyone that is taking part in this.
16. If you opened a thread on a certain issue you want linked, post the link in this thread and I will add it. Make sure there aren't any threads there yet.
17. If you feel that I'm not treating everyone in the same way, you're probably right. There are people that have been reporting since my first bug thread and others that are modders/creators themselves. I feel that I know when a bug report of those people is legit and when not, so I'll be quicker to add those compared to people I don't know at all.
18. Please use proper english and no text language. Also try to use punctuation where applicable and don't put everything in one paragraph. Those are very hard for me to read. I'm German speaking, so that would help me a great deal to understand what you are saying.Important Links
- Finding Devices and Updating Drivers
Make sure your Origin is up-to-date (if you are using it). If your Origin is not at that version and you are not prompted an update, you will need to uninstall and get the newest version here: http://www.origin.com/us/aboutCrashing Issues
Crashing issues are mainly technical and belong in the technical forum. Please make your own thread there, posting your DxDiag and info about cc, when it crashes and other useful stuff.
Here's some things you can try: DEP Information
If you are experiencing crashes after load screen or after a few minutes of game play, it's most likely a problem. The game has now a new .exe file in your base game folder. Make sure to add the following new files to your DEP:
TS3W.EXE in your base game\bin folder.MAC Users
If you have technical issue, please post in any of these threads:Things to try
- Move your family out and back in.
- the sim ?
- --> Make sure to save those:
- Move your Sims to a new town. Save them to the bin for that. Use Twallan's Porter if you don't want to loose the relationships.A word on Mods/Hacks
It's ok to use them, I do too (I even recommend some of them), but please please, educate yourself about them. Don't just pop something in. There are many mods that conflict with each other and there are many mods that will be outdated with every patch (that's how it works).
Some of the mods need to be uninstalled in a special way but it will always tell you in the mod description if that is the case. So PLEASE read them and DO what it says.
Instructions how to install a mod can be found here:
Instructions how to uninstall a mod can be found here: Abbreviations used
MC = MasterController: Mod by Twallan
SP = StoryProgression Mod: Mod by Twallan
CC = Custom Content: cloth, objects, hair, etc from third-parties you add to your game.
DEP = Data Execution Prevention: Windows security feature.
MTS = ModTheSims: CC Site
TSR = TheSimsResource: A CC Site