Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot Load a Game (Saved or New) after Patching

Hello, this latest patch (1.48) is causing me a lot of grief and I would greatly appreciate some help. Since installing it I cannot load a game. (By the way, I have all the EPs and most of the stuff packs including the most recent one, which I had just installed before patching). I have always kept up-to-date with patches and never had a problem installing them; even this last time everything seemed to go smoothly (until I tried to load a game, that is).

When installing a patch I always remove my Sims 3 folder (I cut and paste it to the desktop) and allow the game to generate a new one. I used the same procedure this time, but now I cannot get my game to load at all. Even without custom content and with an entirely new Sims 3 folder generated by the game, a New Game will not load. The green bar fills completely and then the game just hangs forever on the loading screen. I left it for eight hours once and it never changed. When I look at the task manager the CPU has dropped to between 00 and 03.

Of course I haven't been able to load any saved games either (the green bar just fills the same as with a new game and I can never get to an actual neighborhood, just the loading screen with the music endlessly playing). I am kicking myself for even installing this latest patch, as everything was working just fine with patch 1.47, even with CC and mods installed. I think something has to have happened as a result of either installing 70s 80s and 90s stuff pack, or the most recent patch (I used the incremental one and then, after having problems, tried the superpatch). In all cases there were no error messages, though, and everything seemed to install just fine.

Does anyone have any advice about what I can do to fix this issue, whatever it is, and get my game to load? Is the problem this latest patch? Is there anything I can do short of uninstalling and reinstalling the game? I hate to have to do that again because it is such a pain, and anyway I just recently reinstalled it back in September. Input would be most welcome.

System Specs: I have a HP (model p7-1240) with 10 GB Ram, 1.5 TB Disk Memory with 1.2 TB free, and my graphics card is a Radeon HD 7660D. The processor is an AMD A10-5700 APU. It's a 64-bit system running Windows 7.