Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't read loveletters.

I tried to google this, but no luck.. So my sim continuesly receives loveletters, she goes to the mail and there is a package/letter with a red ribbon on it as far as I can tell, but when she gets it, nothing happens. It's not in her inventory either. Anyone knows why I can't read it?

Comments

• goofhead1goofhead1 Posts: 7,282 New Member
    edited December 2012
    We can't read love letters, we only get a notification in the corner saying that they got it thats it.
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited December 2012
    Each Sim in my household gets at least one love letter each day. I just get a message in the upper-right corner of the screen saying who it is that sent it and what they had to say. There's no actual letter to go into their inventory. Sounds to me like your Sim received a gift. I think that came with a different EP but I don't recall which one now.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    edited December 2012
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Each Sim in my household gets at least one love letter each day. I just get a message in the upper-right corner of the screen saying who it is that sent it and what they had to say. There's no actual letter to go into their inventory. Sounds to me like your Sim received a gift. I think that came with a different EP but I don't recall which one now.

There was a patch not long ago, it must have been because of that. I haven't bought Seasons yet, the last one I bought was Pets. Now there's these loveletters and attractions going on. I don't think they really thought it through when they made it like this.. I just don't get the point.

I don't even get a notification when my sim gets the loveletters (I suppose it's the loveletters, and not gifts. I haven't seen them before, and I've never experienced receiving gifts from other sims either.)
  • Sims3Lvr88Sims3Lvr88 Posts: 636 New Member
    edited December 2012
    When your Sim gets a love letter, you will get a notification in the right hand corner saying what it says in the letter. When you get a gift from someone, it will usually say "I was thinking about you and thought you would like this. Call me" and the gift will end up in your family inventory.
  • plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    edited December 2012
    Sims3Lvr88 wrote:
    When your Sim gets a love letter, you will get a notification in the right hand corner saying what it says in the letter. When you get a gift from someone, it will usually say "I was thinking about you and thought you would like this. Call me" and the gift will end up in your family inventory.

bump
    I actually don't get any notifications, but I looked in the family inventory, and there's a bunch of stuff there. So the packages must have been gifts. But there is no notification in the right hand corner when she gets them in the mail. That's strange.. Does anyone know how to fix this?