March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Music?

Who else here plays with custom music? :> How often do you play it, and what type of music is it? I've been doing this since I nearly first got the Sims, but I don't see many other people talking about it.
Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
xyIcMqt.png

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2012
    Custom music doesn't work with "wire house with speakers" nor with the modular room speakers so I don't use it. I did in TS2 but with it not working properly to play everywhere on the lot I do not use it at all in TS3. Although there is a mod to fix it, all the mod does in my game is make custom music not play at all.

I usually mute game music and have Itunes or Pandora in the background playing my music needs.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited December 2012
    Aw man bro that sucks D: Good enough fix, though. I'd do that if it wouldn't make my game lag. >_>
    xyIcMqt.png
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited December 2012
    I play with custom music. I have a couple of different files that I switch in and out so it doesn't get stale. I only ever put radios/stereos in my sims' homes so I had no idea about the "wire house with speakers" issue. Bummer. I tend to have it running in my sims' home all the time--just like my house! :mrgreen:

As for what kind of music, I like everything: Smashing Pumpkins, MCR, Misfits, Danzig, RiD, Siouxsie, Tanlines, The Dodos, Future, Rammstein, White/Rob Zombie, M83, Daft Punk, some J-Pop/Rock and K-Pop/Rock (a hold over from my youthful obsession with anime). I even have a file for classical and opera. Anything that sounds good to me is fair game basically.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
    edited December 2012
    When people say "everything", they never mean "country and rap" included. :cry: I approve of your wide variety, though!
    xyIcMqt.png
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2012
    Jongarakun wrote:
    When people say "everything", they never mean "country and rap" included. :cry: I approve of your wide variety, though!

I have a little bit of "everything" on my iTunes playlist, it even includes some Country and some rap. I don't like most of either of those genres, but I do like some. The Band Perry and Sugarland for country and Eminem and Jay-Z for rap.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, they're definitely "love it or hate it" genres. At least you like a bit, though. X)

I normally only keep Western music (as in, more along the lines of cowboy whistling songs than country) and traditional Russian folk songs in my game, actually. Music my characters would listen to rather than stuff I just want to listen to while playing.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • KayzaPlyrKayzaPlyr Posts: 215 Member
    edited December 2012
    All the time! I position the camera so that it's by the stereo. And when I'm building, in CAS or saving I listen to my iPod. Although sometimes when I get sick of it, I change the stereo to the French music channel.
    edited December 2012
    Jongarakun wrote:

Eh, gotta admit I'm not a huge fan of country but I do like some of it--Patsy Cline, Shania, k. d. lang...

As for rap, I mentioned Future in my post. Google "Same **** Time." I'd link it myself but it's not really "forum friendly." Rap is weird for me. I like the music and the beats but the lyrics/messages sometimes grate on me. 50% of the time I'm happier listening to the music and tuning out the lyrics. Now Macklemore "Same Love," :thumbup:

EDIT: the censored word is a variation of what beavers build! :lol:
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited December 2012
    I put Sims 1 music in my Custom Music folder, and a few from The Sims Online - like the peaceful piano map music.
    edited December 2012
    Darkling wrote:
    Jongarakun wrote:

Eh, gotta admit I'm not a huge fan of country but I do like some of it--Patsy Cline, Shania, k. d. lang...

As for rap, I mentioned Future in my post. Google "Same **** Time." I'd link it myself but it's not really "forum friendly." Rap is weird for me. I like the music and the beats but the lyrics/messages sometimes grate on me. 50% of the time I'm happier listening to the music and tuning out the lyrics. Now Macklemore "Same Love," :thumbup:

How about Johnny Cash, or Dolly Parton? Patsy Cline's pretty rad.

Aah, figures, I don't listen to too much rap myself, so I didn't recognize the name. Good song, though!
    xyIcMqt.png
    edited December 2012
    Jongarakun wrote:
    Darkling wrote:
    Jongarakun wrote:

How about Johnny Cash, or Dolly Parton? Patsy Cline's pretty rad.

Aah, figures, I don't listen to too much rap myself, so I didn't recognize the name. Good song, though!

Dang, I guess I like more country than I thought because, two thumbs up! :lol:
  • KoinuRyokiKoinuRyoki Posts: 168 New Member
    edited December 2012
    My stereo has house wire speakers an my custome music works o.o I usually upgrade the stereo with that, is annoying having to have a stereo on every room :X the only sucky part about that is that the stereos don't play the same song the other stereo is playing like it used to on the sims 2 :c
    edited December 2012
    Darkling wrote:
    Dang, I guess I like more country than I thought because, two thumbs up! :lol:
    HAH yeha they're classics XD Sunday Morning Coming Down, 25 Minutes To Go, and Jolene are favourites of mine. :>

KoinuRyoki: Ah, I completely forgot about that feature in the Sims 2. Nifty, though. If only it was in the Sims 3 as an option. :[
    xyIcMqt.png