Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Master Controller Makes My Game Lag

Hi,

I usually don't use Mods but I added in Master Controller mainly for the option of styling my pregnant Sim. I know from past experience that it also adds in a lot of other cool features. But it really made my game lag and stutter quite frequently.

Now, I am running the game on highest graphics, all EPs/SPs installed and a small amount of CC and my game runs pretty flawlessly so I don't understand the problem. I thought for some players this Mod did the opposite. :|

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• Options
    SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited November 2012
    it works for me. SP though is making a tiny bit of lag. You may have to go in and tweak some settings around?
  • Options
    LetterFromAThiefLetterFromAThief Posts: 2,971 Member
    edited November 2012
    Odd. My game goes ten times faster with it. Do you use Overwatch?
  • Options
    NRaasNRaas Posts: 734 New Member
    edited November 2012
    But it really made my game lag and stutter quite frequently.

I would be a little concerned about that.

[MasterController] does absolutely nothing in the background, unless you manually use one of its interactions, and even then the results are usually instantaneous.
  • Options
    rocknrazrbld85rocknrazrbld85 Posts: 23 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm having the same issue i was fine with my downloaded world from carls-sims my cc and story progression and wohooean then i decidd to try.master controller and now I'm having lag and sudden crashes. Iyi
  • Options
    rocknrazrbld85rocknrazrbld85 Posts: 23 Member
    edited March 2013
    It takes more than an hour to fast foward through a sim day now
  • Options
    Lexander87Lexander87 Posts: 19
    edited September 2013
    Did this issue ever get resolved? I've always noticed a stability issue when using MC vs not using MC. I really like the CAS features so I don't want to NOT use it. I suppose I can use CC magic to disable it when I just want to play but every now and then an ugly sim will pop out of no where.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited October 2013
    I've never noticed any lag in my games with my mods even when my antivirus software decides to do major scans while I'm playing the game.I did have terrible lag once when I installed World Adventures the first time and found that it was a defective copy.I uninstalled it and took it back to the store for another copy and the new copy is working.I also had a recent problem with a corrupted game and had to replace the saves with older ones from my game file back-up to continue playing in my custom world.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Jaden1673Jaden1673 Posts: 607 Member
    edited October 2013
    I've never noticed any lag either and I've been using it since World Adventures has been out (O.K. maybe a little after.). Makes my game run wonderful to be honest.
  • Options
    my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
    edited October 2013
    Lexander87 wrote:
    Did this issue ever get resolved?

I do not believe there ever was an issue. From Twallan's reply it sounded like there was other issues causing this players lag and had absolutely nothing to do with the Mod.

I have been using MC since it was first released and I have Never had an issue with it causing lag to my game.