Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Online Dating Feature

Hello!

I'm in the UK and pre-ordered with Origin Digital Download so I won't be playing till tomorrow. The thing is, the biggest feature that I'm looking forward to (excluding weather and festivals) is the online dating.

Can anyone tell me what they thing of it, how successful it was or what type of sim was on there?
Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)

Comments

• TheSimsBoi13TheSimsBoi13 Posts: 810 Member
    edited November 2012
    I like it, but the only down side (in my experience so far)... everyone is MARRIED! My single gal cannot find one man on there that isn't involved with someone else. EA not everyone cheats! LOL
    Check out my tumblr @ http://www.thesimsboi.tumblr.com

Origin ID: TheSimsBoi13
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheSimsBoi
  • NettybeeNettybee Posts: 968 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I've used it a few times. To be honest, it's alright. It is neat being able to do the whole profile thing, chatting with them, and then meeting them for real. It's also cool because it just lets you know who's available in the town.

Though, sadly, there isn't much to do with it and I think so much more could've been done. I was also really looking forward to this feature.
  • Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited November 2012
    Aww :(

How do you know they are married? Maybe there isn't any single sims in the town?
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • TheSimsBoi13TheSimsBoi13 Posts: 810 Member
    edited November 2012
    Aww :(

How do you know they are married? Maybe there isn't any single sims in the town?

You don't know until you actually meet the sim. I will make a few single sims, and see if they pop up online. I agree with the post above. I think a lot more could've been added to online dating, but it is fun. My single gal comes home everyday to check her messages (she's addicted)! :lol:
    Check out my tumblr @ http://www.thesimsboi.tumblr.com

Origin ID: TheSimsBoi13
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheSimsBoi
  • Theoris69Theoris69 Posts: 52 Member
    edited November 2012
    I wish my sim could date one without having to call them constantly and become their friend. The point of dating is to get to know them right?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2012
    There is a bug that causes you not to be able to remove your profile. You can remove it but its still on there. I guess it resets.

Also all your cas sims seem to automatically put up a profile if you change active households even if their married.
  • KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm 50-50 on this.

I like the concept-brought it up before Sims 3 came out. The execution is so-so. Everyone seems to be flirty, in a relationship, or insane, inapproriate, neurotic, or not wanting a committment.

Honestly, I think Sims already taken shouldn't even be on there since it can take time to sort through the ones who aren't too crazy, meet them, then find out they're married.
  • GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member
    edited November 2012
    Katnap wrote:
    Honestly, I think Sims already taken shouldn't even be on there since it can take time to sort through the ones who aren't too crazy, meet them, then find out they're married.

If you do the browse profiles interaction and send them a message, the married ones will usually send back a message that says something like "sorry, but I'm married". That's how I've been weeding those out without wasting the time to go meet and socialize with them first.
  • KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited November 2012
    Gabbryrose wrote:
    Katnap wrote:

If you do the browse profiles interaction and send them a message, the married ones will usually send back a message that says something like "sorry, but I'm married". That's how I've been weeding those out without wasting the time to go meet and socialize with them first.

Thanks. :) Unfortunately, in my game they don't seem to do that. I have had some guys I know who are single who turn her down for whatever reason. I haven't had one say he's married yet though. And get there and find out they are. Or at least in a relationship with someone else.

I do love the idea of this. I'd just like to get people who are maybe more compatible. Kind of like they did with roommates in Sims 2. I know they weren't all townies in the world until you invited them in, but it was easier.

I know the devs are making a good effort to make this work.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2012
    Gabbryrose wrote:
    Katnap wrote:

Not in every case. Morganda Wolffe thought her and my simself would make a great pair and wanted to meet up and she was married to Thornton.

I don't want my married sims putting up profiles when I switch households. I consider that cheating even if the game doesn't. I wouldn't want my wife in real life putting up a profile on a singles website.

Also this would have been far better if they would have only used single townies and npc sims. All the npc sims are single eg pizza delivery sims,maids etc.