Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Bug Thread

Comments

• emzvineremzviner Posts: 129 New Member
    edited November 2012
    elloello wrote:
    I have just installed the patch then went to run my game but it won't load the screen just goes blank then it says the game is not responding..I don't have many downloads so that shouldn't be a problem.
    I now have even tried running the game without custom content but didn't work :/

Would be grateful for any help.
    Thank you

This reply is a bit late, but I don't think the mods were the problem...this happens to me every time I load up the game, I have to try two or three times for the game to respond. Has been happening since Supernatural though.
  • xyanne_1xyanne_1 Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    EatChees wrote:
    *sigh* It seems after I get one thing to work another issue surfaces. For some strange magical reason after moving all my sims to a new sunset valley none of them are able to swim in the ocean anymore. Like they wade out to where they should start to swim and then they stop and the interation cancels out.

I'm having the same problem as well and it started happening after I put in MC and Twallan's other updated mods. But when I took them out and cleared all my cache files, the problem still existed. I'm going to ask over at Twallan's Wiki to see if there's a fix and to let him know as well since that is the proper protocol. But I wonder if I reset the neighborhood if that'll work. I'll try that as well and let you all know.
  • VagabondVagabond Posts: 441 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Since patch 1.42 came out I decided to uninstall my store content and reinstall it. Now none of my store content will reinstall except The store buildings and one exclusive pattern.

I did remove the cache files, DCCache, and world files.

No MODS or CC other than store items.
  • Neith16Neith16 Posts: 118 Member
    edited November 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @Neith16: That is a problem I've been seeing for a while. Take ages and I think it has something to do with the EA servers. When you're logged in, it sometimes takes forever for the game to shut down. Make sure to save first and then quit. Not save and quit. This way, if the wait gets to long you can just close the game with the task manager.

I always save, then quit as separate actions, but the problem is not that the game never shuts down, it does in a timely fashion, what doesn't shut down is my computer. I have run different programs one by one and shutting down after, and the computer gets stuck shutting down ONLY when I run The Sims 3, and it ONLY started happening after the 1.42 patch. So in short, its not the game that gets stuck shutting down, its my computer.

And thank you for the prompt answer.
  • SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'll add an issue,since the patch I can't go into the store from my launcher or mypage.It seems to be inactive,almost froze,I can go through the enternet,If anybody knows a solution to this issue,I'd greatley appreciate it.By the way I don't have any mods installed right now,so that's not the problem.I found I can upload stuff just not go through anything in my launcher.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Victor226433Victor226433 Posts: 20 Member
    edited November 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @Victor226433:

- For the diving board try to delete the cache files or try the factory reset on the first page.
    - I'll add the no pic for now but let me know if that also fixes that.

Thanks for the tip! I'll try this and back here for say if worked. (:
  • Ozzie1985Ozzie1985 Posts: 418 Member
    edited November 2012
    Here is my issue. Whenever I play my sims are not clickable. Example, I'm playing the Smith family. If I am playing Richard, a YA, and he wants to talk with his live in YA g.f Bella Bachelor, he can't. I try clicking on Bella and nothing appears. I have tried resetting sim and resetsim * and this doesn't work. It will happen and then after a few minutes, the options appear to interact. It happens not only with Richard but with every sim that I play with. I'm about ready to throw the **** game out the window, lol. I do not have Supernatural and I am updated to the newest patch.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Only store content
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods. No mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Never used them
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Just the Patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.42
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game,just got a new laptop and had to do a clean install.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? 2nd generation, new.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Sunset Valley
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. DVD
  • pixiedust4267pixiedust4267 Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited November 2012
    ok now I'm having a new issue, and I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. When my sim comes back home from traveling the game crashes on me. Any suggestions, or is it a glitch with the new patch that needs to be fixed?
    SQfkfxm6rt.gif
  • mahoganymahogany Posts: 17 Member
    edited November 2012
    My Issue since updating to the new patch 1.42 the game is lagging and freezing every couple of minutes. You can see the trees moving and hear my sim talking in the background but time freezes...I don't have any CC or MODS. I uninstalled the games and re-installed it and it played fine but once i closed it and updated to the patch it is doing the same thing again.
  • siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    edited November 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @siennaSTAR: Yes, but did the gift issue occur in a savegame you were playing before the patch ?

Sorry about the confusion. Nope, this was a new after-patch game. Every report I've said so far (sorry about the amount of posts) has been about the same family.
  • roflblahroflblah Posts: 14 New Member
    edited November 2012
    mahogany wrote:
    My Issue since updating to the new patch 1.42 the game is lagging and freezing every couple of minutes. You can see the trees moving and hear my sim talking in the background but time freezes...I don't have any CC or MODS. I uninstalled the games and re-installed it and it played fine but once i closed it and updated to the patch it is doing the same thing again.

I don't really know why it happens. I also get that problem sometimes and what I usually do is either change the active household and then go back to the one I was playing, or if that doesn't work, I use the backup save instead. But you could also try closing the game then deleting caches and then starting the game again.

edit: this happens to me even before SN so I don't think it's this patch's fault. Started happening since the patch included in pets.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited November 2012
    Re: Ghosts - swimming. OK, I was able to reproduce a glitch with routing and swimming with a playable ghost, although it was different from what others reported. World was Sunlit Tides, the lot was the only empty 40 x 40 beach lot in the section of the island where Town Hall, the gym and the Library are.
    I directed my Sim, a playable ghost to swim at the back (seaside) of the lot, while he was still on the lot. He started to leave the lot by the front although he was near the beach. So I cancelled this and had him "Go Here" to the beach first. Now when I clicked the water again with the "Swim" command, instead of wading in, he floated to the spot on the water and there jumped in as if it was a pool. But the weirdest thing was when I told him to leave the water and clicked on a section of ground on his home lot: He swam all the way through the sand and ground and remained in his swimming position. I couldn't get him out of the ground. When I clicked on an object on his lot, he swam through his home lot to the front of the lot and this is when I quit.
    I had this happen twice.
    The more or less interesting part is that it seems to depend on where and how you click to order that Sim to swim, because he behaved completely normally before when I tested this for the first time, but I had clicked on a different spot more to the side of the lot and without a prior "Go Here".
    I chose this lot because I read at MTS that these beach lots in Sunlit Tides had problems with swimming, so it seems to be an issue with the routing in this world and I'm not entirely sure whether the fact that my Sim was a ghost should factor in.
  • mcveighjessmcveighjess Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hello everyone.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Nope
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods. No mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Took out for patch, haven't put in new ones, because the ones I use are small scripting mods and haven't been updated. Deleted cache files after removal before I updated to current patch
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Haven't put them back
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Supernatural and the patch, but no seasons yet of course.
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.42
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing game, built a couple of weeks ago.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New sim, first gen
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Twinbrook
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. All games are Downloads

Short version, no mods/CC since the patch. Deleted all cache files and followed all the rules for patching.

I don't have Seasons yet (obviously) just the patch. Please add me to the list for the wedding glitch. Tried to get married several different ways, including private wedding, wedding party, etc.

Sim reset after wedding (did get married though), never got the option to move in, etc. Found the solution, you listed and will add to household using Edit Town option. Hope they fix this soon. It's frustrating.
  • BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    edited November 2012
    I have come across a new bug which I believe I read another player having a similar problem at some point, but now I can't find the post. Anyway my problem is this:

My Sims' profile pictures randomly changes back into their default outfit. Example: I grew up Michael Bachelor long before installing the patch and per unwritten standard sim rule - he grew into a hidious outfit, which I of course changed IMMEDIATELY.

Now though, when I went to play him his picture suddenly changed back to that hidious ouffit - his actual outfit remained intact, but it was just weird. It happened in another family too.

I apologize if this is another existing bug that I have only just experienced now.

Still no mods and no CC.
    My chaotic simblr
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2012
    @EatChees: From what I'm reading this is connected to MC. I won't add for now but put it up if there is more info

@emzviner: Try the factory reset described on the first page

@xyanne_1: Thanks. The thread got quite a lot of posts :)

@Vagabond: Do you get an error ? Have you checked the sims3launcherlog.log file ?

@Neith16: That is weird. Have you checked if any sims task are still running after shutting down ? I would suggest posting this in technical though

@SuttiPutt: I saw that you posted in the AnswerHQ. I'll try to help you there since this is a launcher issue

@Ozzie1985: Try the factory reset on the first page

@pixiedust4267: Could you please answer the questions on the first page, including your computer specs. I'll probably refer you to technical though

@mahogany: Try resetting all sims with resetsim *. If that does not work, check the first page for suggestions

@siennaSTAR: Ok. Thanks. I think I've added

@Snapdragon: Thanks for the tests :) I'll add that info

@mcveighjess: OK. Thanks for the report

@BeaElla: Does he randomly change or was this starting the game for the first time after patching ? Someone else had that problem with aging. Maybe that was what you are referring to ?

I'll add
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• pixiedust4267pixiedust4267 Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited November 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @saschatilo: Glad it's fixed

@pixiedust4267: Just the store worlds or all Store content ? Does it work now ?

@elloello: Glad it's fixed. Make sure to educate yourself on mods and cc if you want to use it.

@AznSensei: Do you have this entry in your options.ini: enablememories = 3 or does it have a different value/is missing ?

@EmanuelOkus: The cache files sometimes store old information so you should delete them from time to time, especially if you use package files. Cache files save information about your game to make it faster, sometimes they don't get updated properly.

Twallan will be updating when he has the time to do so. He is insanely busy atm. You'll find updates about the state of his mods here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/State+of+the+Mod

@crin: Adding.

Well I finally found Sunlit Tides and my Serenity Retreat again, but now my Regency Arcade is missing. Plus now my game is crashing after a sim comes home from traveling from a WA world.
    SQfkfxm6rt.gif
  • jamiebeck2011jamiebeck2011 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Just wanted to update you that the counters are now connecting properly in my game again. I do not know what happened as I didn't change anything. But it's working now. Also, as far as the laggy diving board, it only happend to one of my sims. it is the one i have been playing with from the start of this current save in sunlit tides. im not sure what that means, but i thought it might be important to the gurus. Thanks for your time.
  • jamiebeck2011jamiebeck2011 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Just wanted to update you that the counters are now connecting properly in my game again. I do not know what happened as I didn't change anything. But it's working now. Also, as far as the laggy diving board, it only happend to one of my sims. it is the one i have been playing with from the start of this current save in sunlit tides. im not sure what that means, but i thought it might be important to the gurus. Thanks for your time.

Ok so I was just able to recreate the counter issue. It happened while using the seasonal lot marker in the common mode after switching from summer. Maybe this is something that will be fixed when seasons comes out?
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited November 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @Simmerville:
    1. I'll add that. Do you have any mods in ?
    2. Is this something new ? I would think it would be very difficult to take all that into account.

Sorry, I totally missed this.

1. The swimming instead of taking the subway happened on my first testing after patching, before I put my cc and mods back in. So, no mods in the game.

2. I know the reflection is a big issue, and am fine with it not being added. Might be just that I'm going lower now, to see sims swim, that I noticed this. But it happens in several worlds and seems to be in the programming, and it is a bit annoying because often the reflections don't match what's on land. I think this will get even more obvious when trees get orange or red in Autumn, and reflections become stronger.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • AHeitlerAHeitler Posts: 123 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm getting gifts. Lots and lots of gifts every day. This is a single sim not in any kind of relationship, no kids. No reason at all for gifts that I can see. I wonder if this is some kind of feature from the new attraction system? He's called all hours of the day and night by sims asking him on dates.

However, two of the gifts sitting in his inventory claim to be omni-plants. They're just in their white/red boxes and nothing can be done with them.

I suspect this may be a future feature, rather than a bug, but just wanted to highlight it in case anyone else has this problem.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    Store stuff and had Twallan's MC, Overwatch and Story Progression in - removed before patching.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    Took all Twallan's stuff out and haven't replaced it yet.

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    Took them out.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    N/A

5. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch ?
    Expansions up to Supernatural and 1.42 patch.

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    Born in game sim in new game

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    Born in game taken to new town via library.

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    Twinbrook

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    Win XP

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game.
    DVD
  • tbluetblue Posts: 474 Member
    edited November 2012
    my sims got married but she did not take his last name and both of the children have the mother's last name also
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2012
    @pixiedust4267: See my answer for the crash in the post above

@jamiebeck2011: We shall see. I'll add that info. Does the lot maker do anything if you don't have the EP ? I haven't read up on it but I fail to see the advantage of it coming with the patch.

@Simmerville: I've added that :)

@AHeitler: Well, maybe you're getting all the gifts we haven't been getting for month ;)

Kidding aside, it has been reported by someone else. I'll be adding your report.

@tblue: On the list

---

No need to report the telescope or marriage bug anymore unless you have new info.

No swimming seems to be connected to MC. Long thread over at twallan's forum trying to figure out the cause

Diving issue: It seems now there are only two level when there used to be five. Existing sims might run into a problem.

I'm off to bed. Adding will be done in the morning as always.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• greydragonessgreydragoness Posts: 42 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I cant learn the alchemy skill. I have the Alchemy tome lab set thingy, and the sims just flip thru the book for a min and then their que resets. they don't learn anything. ever. I've tried with more than one sim, no seeds in inventory.

I had trouble buying thing sform the potion store, but i used 'reset sim potion store rep name' and the next day there was a new store salesman and then it worked.

somewhere I heard there are supposed to be books to learn the alchemy skill, if thats true, the books are not in my bookstore at all. or the potion store.

Alchemy sounds cool, but i cant get it to work at all, and that makes me a sad panda :(

• VagabondVagabond Posts: 441 New Member
    edited November 2012
    No errors for me. Everything says it installs and the files look ok however when I start sims 3 it's like it won't load store content at all. No check box in the no CC box eigther. Several people have said they have this same problem in the store tech support section.

Before I removed my store items to reinstall them it loaded fine. and everything was there. However I wanted to update the more magic package from the store since it was updated.

Here is the contents of my launcher log file. I did have an error on 8/27/2012.

2012/08/27|06:36:40|assetId: 6305925|Exchange Download Failure. Http status error||HTTP status error: 403|http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/package/shard003/000/064/604/98/0xf692949fdbdc30914474bcb43cc5d42c.package|Build Version: 14.0.48.017017|Platform: PC|Locale: en_US|Content URL: http://store.thesims3.com|Web Services URL: http://igs.thesims3.com|
    2012/08/27|06:46:24|assetId: 6305925|Exchange Download Failure. Http status error||HTTP status error: 403|http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/package/shard003/000/064/604/98/0xf692949fdbdc30914474bcb43cc5d42c.package|
    2012/08/27|07:01:44|assetId: 6305925|Exchange Download Failure. Http status error||HTTP status error: 403|http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/package/shard003/000/064/604/98/0xf692949fdbdc30914474bcb43cc5d42c.package|

This was something I had downloaded from the exchange. I have since removed the item after I tried it.
  • DaQueen84DaQueen84 Posts: 400 New Member
    edited November 2012
    :shock: I'm shocked and elated to say my game is actually working much better with this patch

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top