Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited October 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @Snapdragon: Can you try on a new game ?
    Sure. Fresh user folder, no mods, no Store, all EPs, all SPs up to MasterSuite, patch 1.42.
    Fresh game in Appaloosa Plains. I chose Honey Darnell as the test household. I sent her a few yards away from her horse and directed her to rub its neck. As soon as she's about one horse-length near her horse, she starts to twitch and spin in circles before she glides towards her horse and rubs its neck.
    It doesn't always happen but seems to depend on the angle and distance from a horse that a Sim has (?), or maybe a missing animation?
    I couldn't reproduce any jump bug with a wild horse, though, but in a fresh game there's not much interacting with wild horses anyway as they shy away before you fully approach.

And while I was at it, I tested another issue I reported in the SN bug thread already: Inactive Sims are still unable to fetch nectar from nectary racks. They take the bottle and then then cancel, take another one, then cancel, take another one, cancel and so on and on. Awesome fixes this, btw, without mentioning it, so I guess it's got something to do with routing (?)
  • Options
    PenroyalteaPenroyaltea Posts: 11 New Member
    edited October 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @Penroyaltea: You can manually move them in with each other and also the name change. I'm unsure what happens but my guess is that one of the interactions that needs to be done fails and stops the whole process.

For the freezing try to reset all Sims in your town with resetsim *

I'll add your report.

Thanks, do you mean it stops it for all the sims marriages? because wth, I'm not going to manually do it every time a sim gets married!!! That's not my job it's theirs lol. I have spent so much money on this game and to think this patch ruined my game forever is really crappy.

The resetsim * doesn't work either but thankyou!
    the only thing that stops it is the delete memories mod, and that doesn't work now the patch upgraded.

I'm not sure if you work for the sims people, but they need to get their act together. My game was perfect before this patch. my advice to people is

DO NOT UPGRADE!!!!
  • Options
    janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited October 2012
    Snapdragon wrote:
    I think the issue with horses and Sims is worse than just jumping when interacting with a wild horse. I play an existing save with a unicorn as a household member. Whenever a Sim comes near it they spin in circles before they can continue whatever they intended to do. This happens with both active and inactive Sims and one situation I watched suggests that this is not limited to attempts at interacting with said unicorn, as that inactive Sim was merely trying to pass by in order to leave the lot.

This describes it perfectly. The only difference is that this doesn't happen to me when I interact with the unicorn, only the wild horses.

Crin, these are more specs on my computer per your request. I am assuming that you were interested in the graphics information as well.

Computer: Alienware X51, Processor: Intel(R)core(TM)
    i5-3450CPU@3010GHz (4CPUs)~3.1GHz
    8924MB RAM

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 545 I have the latest driver installed. Approx. Total Memory 4050 MB
    This is a brand new computer that is only 2 months old.

I posted a couple of pictures on my page here:

http://www.thesims3.com/myMedia.html?action=default&persona=janvel831

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited October 2012
    This is really weird but it's only one sim that resets when trying to use the diving board. All the other sims can use it. I took out all my mod before patching an still have incompatable mods out.
    Sig.png
  • Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm having an issue with my sim's makeup, specifically the eye shadow, not staying the same. Just started happening after updating to 1.42.

Edit: If it's a mod issue then I'll definitely just remove any mods that I haven't updated yet. I wonder if it's because of velocitygrass? I just have the addanylotsize and the showtime objects unlock. I only have Twallan's overwatch as well since it's updated. The only other mods from that is facial hair mods and horse slider mods.
  • Options
    45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited October 2012
    I keep getting messages like Sim enjoyed swim in community pool when he never even went near it and am constantly getting Sim jumps at phone ringing when it has not rung at all.

Also had a Sim who had collected 20 of the small animals as that was his life goal. It went back to 2 for some reason and will not increase forward now.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2012
    @princess0384: Thanks

@siennaSTAR: Was this an existing game (the issue with the gifts) ?

I'll add the two issues.

I'll leave out the routing for now but keep it in mind should anyone else report

@tea_and_blues: Thanks. Is this the version for patch 1.42 ? I'll add the link to the first page

@Snapdragon: I'll add that

@Penroyaltea: Yes, it's probably all marriages

@janvel831: Yeah, not your computer :)

@EatChees: Have you tried moving that sim out and back in ?

@Lizziguin: Always remove all mods and check with the creators if they are updated. Report back if you have done so. Also make sure to answer the questions on the first page.

@45rpm: Could you check the first page and answer the questions for me. Thanks.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Victor226433Victor226433 Posts: 20 Member
    edited October 2012
    Bugs on my Sims 3 after 1.42 update (No mods or cc, only Store contents... happens in all saved games):

- Reset Sims when will use telescope and diving board;

- No image on TVs or video games.

It's happening to anyone else or does anyone know a solution?

[sorry my bad english, I'm brazilian / I don't know if I'm in the right place, I am unaccustomed to this forum :/ ]
  • Options
    deredainderedain Posts: 15
    edited October 2012
    Okay so I have this really weird glitch. The daughter in my legacy family was three days away from becoming a teen and the mother was 10 days away from becoming an elder. After the patch installed I went to play the family and the daughter's age bar was reset back so she has 7 days before becoming a teen and the mother is reset back to 12 days before becoming an elder (which was how old she was when I moved her in with my family). I tried giving the daughter a birthday using a birthday cake but it didn't have the option to age her or the mother up (possibly because the mother is pregnant but idk why for the daughter). I had to use testingcheatsenabled to age her up. Anyone else having this problem?

BTW I don't use any CC or Mods & I'm using an EA town.
  • Options
    MyyybestfriendMyyybestfriend Posts: 1,404 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I don't understand what happened to my sim. I've been playing normally - no glitches besides the garden and had only 2 crashes. I just saved and quit my game to restart, was going to check to see if Twallan had updated his MODs yet, he didn't so I started my game back up but now my sim is invisible and I've restarted again and reset her and everything. How can I fix this? I have no MODs or CC.
  • Options
    SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited November 2012
    Re: Ghosts - again. I started a fresh game in Sunlit Tides with a CAS-created ghost (the new one is really pretty!) and couldn't reproduce any of the issues with ghosts and swimming. In the ocean he waded into the water, swam and waded out again, at the pool he made a big splash and two dives and everything behaved normally, no walking on water and no walking on the bottom of the sea.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Yeah I tried moving him to a brand new neighborhood, and even tried it on a community lot but it was still happening.
    Sig.png
  • Options
    envira_xenvira_x Posts: 4,295 Member
    edited November 2012
    I started my game back up but now my sim is invisible and I've restarted again and reset her and everything. How can I fix this?

MBF -- I experienced the same thing after patching (I had no mods). Resetsim did not work, nor did restarting. I found that sending my sim to the shower made her visible again. I also looked up other solutions -- you could also try changing your sim's outfit at a dresser (planning a different outfit, I think), or possibly even woo-hooing (if that's appropriate for your character).

I'm sure crin will have other suggestions.

(~edit to fix spelling~)
  • Options
    tcarnestcarnes Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Hey Crin the super patch worked thank god. Sorry it took so long work and halloween kept me busy lol
  • Options
    MyyybestfriendMyyybestfriend Posts: 1,404 New Member
    edited November 2012
    MBF -- I experienced the same thing after patching (I had no mods). Resetsim did not work, nor did restarting. I found that sending my sim to the shower made her visible again. I also looked up other solutions -- you could also try changing your sim's outfit at a dresser (planning a different outfit, I think), or possibly even woo-hooing (if that's appropriate for your character).

I'm sure crin will have other suggestions.

(~edit to fix spelling~)

I appreciate the help, I will try that. of course I'm doing the apocalypse challenge so I don't have a dresser or a shower until someone in my heir reaches the top of the Stylist career or Medical career :? . Luckily, for situations like this I'm allowed to place one of those to fix the bug and then just delete it.

Edit: It worked! Thank you thank you... you are a Lifesaver :thumbup:
  • Options
    Neith16Neith16 Posts: 118 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm having a problem where my laptop will get stuck in the shut down screen, shutting down forever. This requires me to force a shut down by holding down the shutdown button. I tested a lot of programs and noticed that it only happens when I run The Sims 3. Also, it started happening after I installed the latest patch (1.42).

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods?
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Never used them.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Just the patch.
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.42
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing ones
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? They are new
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA (Riverview)
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. Download via Origin

- What EPs do you own Ambitions and Pets
    - Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, they are too long for this thread). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …) ? Intel Core i7,8GB of RAM, Windows 7
    - Do you have a 32 or 64 bit Operating System ? 64 Bit
    - Do you use any Store Premium Content ? If so Which ones ? I use all the free ones, the ones that came as bonuses for buying the expansion packs and the Deep Fryer and Ice Cream Machine combo.
  • Options
    envira_xenvira_x Posts: 4,295 Member
    edited November 2012
    It worked! Thank you thank you... you are a Lifesaver :thumbup:

You're welcome! I cannot take credit for the fix -- I just happened to have Googled those solutions earlier in the afternoon when my own sim became invisible. I'm happy to hear that it worked for you, too. :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Found the cause, and a fix for the diving board reset issue. Before patch 1.42 EA already had a hidden diving skill in the game that was not for the diving board, this skill went up to 5 max. After patch 1.42 this skill was replaced to include the diving board but the level was reduced to 2 max rather than 5. Sims who had higer then 2 before patch 1.42 kept their skill level causing the sim to reset whenever that sim tried to use the diving board. I used Nraas MasterController to reduce my sim's diving skill under 2, and he was able to use the diving board.
    Sig.png
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited November 2012
    I have a problem whenever I go to update the patch or store my launcher freezes.I have no idea how to get around this issue as of now,by the way I have no mods installed whatsoever.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    *sigh* It seems after I get one thing to work another issue surfaces. For some strange magical reason after moving all my sims to a new sunset valley none of them are able to swim in the ocean anymore. Like they wade out to where they should start to swim and then they stop and the interation cancels out.
    Sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    @Victor226433:

- For the diving board try to delete the cache files or try the factory reset on the first page.
    - I'll add the no pic for now but let me know if that also fixes that.

@deredain: Without using dresser or other means ? There are a few things that mess-up aging. See this thread: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/bug-aging-troubles.html

@Myyybestfriend: Sims are usually invisible due to corrupt outfit but I see you already solved it :)

@Snapdragon: Thanks for the report

@EatChees: That makes sense. I will add that info and make a blog post about it (cause I can't have that anyone is not able to use the board).

I'll add your report to the first page though, especially since it's just one.

@tcarnes: As long as it's solved

@Neith16: That is a problem I've been seeing for a while. Take ages and I think it has something to do with the EA servers. When you're logged in, it sometimes takes forever for the game to shut down. Make sure to save first and then quit. Not save and quit. This way, if the wait gets to long you can just close the game with the task manager.

@SuttiPutt: Try the factory reset on the first page. If it doesn't help, please post in technical since launcher issues go in technical :)

@EatChees: Did you take the mods back out you might have added ? Are those all new Sims as well ?

--- UPDATED THROUGH HERE ---

Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Yeah I took out twallan's updates and deleted the cache files and tried again, they still were not able to swim in the ocean. All the sims I have trying to swim in the ocean now that can't were all able to before in the old save file.
    Sig.png
  • Options
    siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    edited November 2012
    crinrict wrote:

@siennaSTAR: Was this an existing game (the issue with the gifts) ?

I'll add the two issues.

I'll leave out the routing for now but keep it in mind should anyone else report

It happened right after the patch, never experienced this before. And thank you.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    @siennaSTAR: Yes, but did the gift issue occur in a savegame you were playing before the patch ?

@EatChees: Does it still work in the old savegame ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited November 2012
    I got rid of the old save but i will try in my sister's save file.

EDIT: Yeah they can swim in her save. I love how everything works perfectly in her save but not mine... Also I noticed there is no call over to get other sims into pools. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or something else. And I found something really strange as well, If you reload a save that had sims swimming in a pool when you quit they will walk around on the water instead of swimming. having them get out and get back in fixes this so it's not really a big issue.

Sig.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top