Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Help Chose My Next Contest! Feedback Needed.

:mrgreen: I would like to start a new contest and I have 3 half formed ideas for contests that I would like to run but I'd like to see if there is any interest in any of them before I commit to it. If you could take a minute to reply it would really be helpful. :D These are the three ideas:

Botanical Garden Chalange - Pretty strait forward idea, you would be making a 50x50 lot. Must include water feature, a building, pathways, and beautiful landscaping.

Recreate Your Favorite Toy Line - In this contest you would chose a toy line that has more than 8 characters and make them as a set. Examples: GI Joe, Jem, She-Ra, He-Man, among others. No Barbies in this contest.

BV's Closest Fall 2012 - Entries would consist of 1 hair color or hair style, A Top, A Bottom, Shoes, and 1 accesory item. The catch being that I will provide the color palette and RGB#'s of the colors that will be used. Point being that all entries would be interchangable. Would not be a judged contest, I would do particibation lotto, with one or two large prizes and a bunch of small ones.

Comments

• Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    edited July 2012
    Personal I would most like to see the Botanical Garden lots but if you want to know what I would most likely enter it would be the BV's Closest Fall 2012.

Any of them would be cool though.
  • Options
    SapphireDCMSapphireDCM Posts: 2,887 Member
    edited July 2012
    I like the recreate your favorite toy line.
  • Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited July 2012
    I think the toy line would be fun, how would that one work compared to the others? Is it a CAS sort of thing?
  • Options
    bloodvioletbloodviolet Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited July 2012
    SugarRave wrote:
    I think the toy line would be fun, how would that one work compared to the others? Is it a CAS sort of thing?

:D Yes, you'd be creating 8 sims for the contest. I'd require you to submit pictures of the actual toys you are trying to recreate. I would probably make a sample entry for this one so everyone could see what it is I'm wanting.

:D Thank you all for the replies! Anyone else out there want to add their two cents worth?

• Options
    NovaStrikeNovaStrike Posts: 286 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Reliving your Childhood would be fun, but open to enough CC to make it tricky for downloaders, especially if the creator doesn't like their work on the exchange. Still fun-- I'd download a bit. ;)

BV's Closet would be a fun, unique challenge, especially if people included Berry sims and such.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited July 2012
    Recreate Your Favorite Toy Line
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    NovaStrike wrote:
    Reliving your Childhood would be fun, but open to enough CC to make it tricky for downloaders, especially if the creator doesn't like their work on the exchange. Still fun-- I'd download a bit. ;)

BV's Closet would be a fun, unique challenge, especially if people included Berry sims and such.

:D I like the thought of the Toy Line Contest but I'm very hesitant because of an awful experience in the past. :( I do not use CC in my game and I ask that people do not use it in my contests.

I do scan entries with custard but as much as I like the idea of it; I'm not sure it's worth the agravation of dealing with people and their CC. :?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    :D I wanted to knock this up and see if anyone else had on opinion on this subject. Right now it looks like the most interest is in the toy line idea. Thanks!
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited July 2012
    BV's Closest Fall 2012 - Entries would consist of 1 hair color or hair style, A Top, A Bottom, Shoes, and 1 accesory item. The catch being that I will provide the color palette and RGB#'s of the colors that will be used. Point being that all entries would be interchangable. Would not be a judged contest, I would do particibation lotto, with one or two large prizes and a bunch of small ones.

OMG, I love this idea!! It's a lot of fun to work with a pre-designed colour palette (that's almost always how I do it) and I would love to give it a shot. Would you provide the hair colour codes also, or is that up to us? Would you want this uploaded on a sim (I hope so, I don't upload anything but sims and lots to the exchange) and if so, could we/should we use the palette for the extra outfits included with the sim (the other categories like formal wear, pajamas, athletic, etc)??
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    enkeli63 wrote:

OMG, I love this idea!! It's a lot of fun to work with a pre-designed colour palette (that's almost always how I do it) and I would love to give it a shot. Would you provide the hair colour codes also, or is that up to us? Would you want this uploaded on a sim (I hope so, I don't upload anything but sims and lots to the exchange) and if so, could we/should we use the palette for the extra outfits included with the sim (the other categories like formal wear, pajamas, athletic, etc)??

:D For the hair colors I would be asking to use natural shades or only the unnatural shades from the preselected pallet.

:oops: Sorry but I'd have to dash your hopes on taking the upload on a sim. I would only accept the individual pieces. Because if I took it on a sim then I would have to install the sim, save each piece of clothing separately, and export them to be able to save the clothing. And for me that's a lot of hassle. :oops:

:D Thank you for your input, your mention of other categories, really got me thinking about this one more in depth. I had only really been thinking about this in terms of YA Female only, but I wonder if there would be interest in other ages, and male clothing.

:D I may run all of these contests or none of them. Sometimes hearing others thoughts can give me a clearer idea about what it is I want to do. And importantly what issues might come up.

Thanks again to all that replied.