Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Careers , and Cities Please!!!!

MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
I have been wishing for a time EA would bring Higher Education to Sims 3 along with new careers and more cities.

Careers like Law, Oceanography, Nursing, Fashion (Modeling/Fashion Designing), Animal Care (Veterinarians or Vet techs, Natural Science (like in Sims Two),Dance, Gamer,and Adventurer should come back.

We also had one city. Bridgeport, Is that going to be it. Since i cant make my own city since I have laptop, EA could just mix seasons,college life and a city into the next expansion pack.

I know its a lot to ask,but the last three to four releases have been lackluster to me. Showtime was pretty freaking awesome. However the stuff packs could have been sets. A Katy Perry stuff pack? Really?

There are threads overflowing about university (which now that I think about it they tried to appease with the boarding schools in Generations),Seasons, and more Careers. I think if they focus on expansion packs instead of stuff packs EA could make a lot of these threads disappear.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Also does anybody miss social classes from Apartment Life?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2012
    No, I don't miss the social classes. That is one thing I really disliked about that EP. My Sim never go a good reputation over the halfway point. Though I didn't mind my poor Sims getting free stuff when they networked.

The one thing that really messed up OFB EP was the 'greet' feature. You could no longer 'show item' to a Sim without first greeting them. Nor could you stay behind a bar selling drinks. A AL townie would walk up and want to greet you and that would cause your Sim to stop working behind the bar or DJ booth or stop doing whatever. :x It also caused in OFB your employees to stop working to have to greet another. :x

If they are going to build more citites but I really doubt it, I want grunge cities with homeless Sims as discussed over in the 'Homless Sims' Thread. 8)

I want indrustrial/dirty/polluted/full of smog/smoke/grime towns/cities. Graffiti on the buildings and other options to make your Sim do that and get arrested and other fun things.

I want sound effects added like police sirens, fire trucks wheezing by, and you can hear Sims shouting somewhere, or fighting or whatever. Just like you hear pets in the background somewhere. If I have to put up with that annoying Simfest random sounds all the time then give me stuff I want to hear in a busy, dirty, polluted city. 8)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited May 2012
    I would love more careers. Can I cast a vote for realtor, property manager, and breeder to your list?
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited May 2012
    MINEZ,

I'd really like them to give us more cities, but if they're going to give us new jobs, I'd prefer they add more professions instead of rabbit hole careers. The Rabbit hole Careers are not that interactive, and it limits the design possibilities for your maps. Even if you can hide them underground, and build something on top of them, you than have to make sure you have lots big enough for each of the rabbit holes. In addition, if they do add more professions, I hope they'll be ones like the fireman and stylist profession where you get to design the work place the goes along with the career. Even through it would have meant building extra lots, to a degree, I was kind of disappointed by the fact that there was no special building that you could create for the private investigator or the ghost hunter.
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited May 2012
    I agree! I would love more careers. I like the oceanography and animal care ideas. The animal care would fit in so well with the Pets EP.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    These are some good ideas. I do wanat some more professions too. It just get hard to play more than one sim with a profession. Though it would be interestining to see what professions they come up with.