Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim has 3 phones?!!!

Well the title explains all but my sim has 3 phones!! I silenced my sims phone and then during a performance I heard 2 ringtones go off at the same time, and it came from my sim! Any way to fix this because she's really high up in the singing carreer and I don't want to start over again, not a magor big problem, it's just really annoying!

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2012
    I have that problem, too! My singer Sim has double phones ringing. The animation musical notes coming from her rear pocket ( :?:) almost reach across the room! When this first happened I paused the game and took a pic. I was like who's phones are ringing?! because there were so many going off at one time. But it's her and only her in that household. She was Simported a few times when it worked...maybe 5 times...the others weren't. I have no idea how this happened.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    LittleMissShibbyLittleMissShibby Posts: 704 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hmm, do you think simporting has an effect on the phones because I've simported a few times, maybe 2 or 3 times and I don't remember having 3 phones before I simported. Maybe it's a side effect of simporting.
  • Options
    AliceMarieAliceMarie Posts: 124 Member
    edited March 2012
    Seems to be a side-effect of simporting. My sims eventually have a lot of phones- like over 10!

What I would like to know is if there is a way to reset them to have one phone. Anybody know?
  • Options
    marioXtremomarioXtremo Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited March 2012
    Oh... so that's why i heard 2 phones ringing in his pocket today... well... yet another glitch! :P
  • Options
    rendermelaterrendermelater Posts: 139 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I am just wondering if sims in the audience have thrown them on stage while your sim is performing? That would be the logical answer to me. I'm just postulating though. don't know for sure, but my sims have a lot of extra things in their inventories after a performance.
  • Options
    xviviansaidzxxviviansaidzx Posts: 555 Member
    edited March 2012
    Have you tried 'testingcheatsenabled true' > 'resetsim' ? Maybe it'll help!
  • Options
    wzw1177wzw1177 Posts: 1,140 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Wow, never heard about this... :shock:
  • Options
    AustralorpAustralorp Posts: 1,171 New Member
    edited March 2012
    You don't need testingcheatsenabled true to have the resetsim cheat work. I think resetsim might be the only way to fix this, unless you're willing to evict the household and lose all wishes.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2012
    No Resetting the Sim didn't work. Only way to fix that and to fix other problems in my game was to start over in a new SS.

I never saw more than the one phone she had. But several ringing and oodles of music notes coming out of her rear.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    anit1983anit1983 Posts: 886 Member
    edited March 2012
    I had the same problem. My sim had 5 phones! Everytime his phone would ring it was so noisy and he would have the 'answer phone' action in his que repeated 5 times.

I think it's from simporting, but I'm not sure. It seems like he comes back from a simport with an extra phone. Reset sim didn't work for me either, but he was almost an elder, so I just had him move out.
  • Options
    chibi01chibi01 Posts: 32 New Member
    edited May 2012
    :roll: i'm also having this problem! he has now collected 3 phones other than his own! now his que has 4 "answer phone" interactions. it's seriously irritating!
  • Options
    LittleMissShibbyLittleMissShibby Posts: 704 Member
    edited May 2012
    Should I post this on the glitches forum?