Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Showtime & Patch 1.31/1.32/1.33 - Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2012
    Updated to here.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited March 2012
    I wanted to share some info for the Simmers hope you don't mind crinrict

After doing a restore on my computer reinstalling that patch with a manual install, uninstalling Origin and trying everything that I could think of to no avail I finally went and got the CCleaner and it fixed my game and it is now working so if anyone wants to get this program it's at this page.
    http://download.cnet.com/CCleaner/3000-18512_4-10315544.html

Also wanted to post that there is something that I noticed maybe you would understand this better crinrict than me but my numbers for my launcher and my friends whose game also weren't working had a different number compared to the Simmers whose game worked.

The Simmers whose game worked had these numbers 11.0.84.015017
    but my numbers which are still the same though is 11.0.84.015001 and my friend whose laptop wouldn't work had the same numbers as me yet her desktop that worked had the first set of numbers. Sorry I know this is confusing but hopefully this can help, not sure but thought I would mention it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    GurlGamer05GurlGamer05 Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2012
    I updated my only important memories mod and now my game is back to normal
  • Options
    SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    edited March 2012
    BD I discovered that the CCleaner helped me with my 'NoXroadsName' issue also... Now to see if the crashing is fixed.
  • Options
    eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm not sure when this issue started in my game, just that last night was the first I've noticed it. It may have nothing to do with the patch but thought I'd mention it just in case it does. I played with the patched game for a little while last night (first time) and it ran beautifully until I had my sims cuddle on the sofa. The male's arm went through his girlfriend's neck instead of behind it. It wasn't just slightly through her neck, it was right through the middle and very freaky looking. I can live with it since my sims don't cuddle much :D but maybe you can file it away somewhere in case it's patch related and other simmers run into this problem. Thanks for all your help!

Oh, almost forgot to answer these questions:

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? yes, mods & few cc objects, mostly hair
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods Twallan's updated Story Progression, MC, Overwatch. Also his traffic mod and the updated version of velocitygrass "only important memories" mod. Removed them to desktop before patching, didn't replace until updates were available.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    4. Do you have Showtime or just the Patch ? patch
    5. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones ? new
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Custom
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) W7 64bit
    8. Did you disable SimPort ?
    9. Did you disable the Social Features ? no but I will try that :-)

ETA: I just saw the same thing in a pic in the following thread (second post, third pic) http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/508275.page There are some funny pics in that thread LMBO I highly recommend it to anyone who's feeling frustrated :-)
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
  • Options
    xortyxorty Posts: 5
    edited March 2012
    I also have the same problem! When in Create A Sim the color is green or pale but in the game, it is normal. I downloaded the latest patch which allows you to log-in in the game, and this happens! Please help!! :(
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2012
    I didn't read this entire 9 page post. After patching I have Store Hairstyles missing in CAS...not all but the ones I intended to use. :roll:

I haven't checked if other Store Items are missing. But I did see a few objects still visible in buymode, I'm not sure they are all there, I will have to go through my build/buy mode catalog.

I can't understand why some hairstyles are still in CAS and then some are not. What's up with that?

ETA: I don't have third party cc, just store items. Upset my store hairstyles are missing and have to reinstall those, I guess.

ETA: This was a saved game currently playing in Hidden Springs, I haven't check if other worlds' to see if Sims will not have these hairstyles on their heads in other worlds...as I used them in other worlds. No longer in CAS for Hidden Springs, not sure if they are available in other worlds.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    HollyZeeHollyZee Posts: 224 New Member
    edited March 2012
    crinrict: I went back into game. The Overhead map now has the signifiers for the different businesses and other Sim families. I was unable to get back in here to notify you.

I've not tried to creat any new Sims in CAP as yet.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    @BD5141: This is just the region code. Nothing to worry about.

1 = DVD Version
    17 = Download Version

@GurlGamer05: Good to hear

@BrandyD83: thanks for the feedback. I'll add some solutions to the first page later

@eilian: Thanks for the report. I'll keep it in mind if more have the issue. It might just be a random animation glitch

@xorty: What's your graphic card ? There's a thread linked on the first page for the issue. Could you post your details there ?

@Cinebar: Uninstalling Store Stuff is a common issue. Try reinstalling them (and reading the first page usually is enough for my bug threads, at least in the beginning)

@HollyZee: Good to hear. Random glitch then.

----

Few things:

It will start to get busy here soon and I'm still on a limited schedule, so please read the first page. Do not report things that are already there unless you have extra info to add. I will start posting solutions as soon as they are available.

Please read the rules and provide the infos asked for in the second post. It will make my life a lot easier.

Please post crashing issue in the technical forums. There are a few tips on the first page as well. There are various reasons for those and I just don't have the time to go through all of them with you. There's also a tool called the crash log analyzer over at ModTheSims and Ford is the best person to help you with those.

Thanks
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited March 2012
    Minor Bug

Any opportunities my sim had when i patched cannot be finished

IE do a commercial or take part in a play. My sim will do them but when they leave the building it does not complete, but is as if my sim never went in to do it .

The only way round is to delete all opportunities and then any new ones they get offered work fine
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    @julienrob2004: Thanks for that report.

@Others with opportunity issues: Can you confirm that those were Opportunities that were open BEFORE patching ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2012
    Crinchet the opportunity bug seems to be common since this patch. I've read a lot of various post on it. If this isn't fixed I fear that it may ruin the gigs in ST.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Could you ask around if it's just opportunities that were open before the patch or all of them ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Mahogany_RoseMahogany_Rose Posts: 729 Member
    edited March 2012
    Minor bug. My sims are constantly dancing now. Only for a few seconds but every sim everywhere is randomly busting a move every few minutes if there is music of any kind playing in the vicinity.
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited March 2012
    I am playing on Windows, with a completely Vanilla game, with jsut the 1.31 patch, whenever I log in, via the front menu, I can no longer exit the game without it hanging. It does not crash to desktop, but task manager lists it as not responding. Any suggestions?
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    Laina480Laina480 Posts: 12
    edited March 2012
    Hi there,

I really appreciate your helping everyone. I'll fill out your questionnaire first, although I'm not going to bother posting my ram/computer specs etc since I know that they are *not* a problem, since my game has worked smoothly 95% of the time before this recent update. :)

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Nope
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods N/A
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Never used them ever
    4. Do you have Showtime or just the Patch ? Just the patch
    5. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones ? Playing an existing family
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA town, AP
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 7
    8. Did you disable SimPort ? Not sure what this is..
    9. Did you disable the Social Features ? Not sure what this is, either.. lol

So, here's basically what happened:

-Before the patch was released, everything was working normally. My sims were asleep, but I guess I didn't remember this when I patched the game.
    -After I patched, I loaded my existing household. The sims all 'transported' weirdly out of their beds (4 sims), but I just thought :shock: and put them back to bed.
    -I noticed that one of the cats had 'disappeared,' and their face icon was a solid yellow color. It would not let me right click to find the cat. I've had glitches with pets freezing or being weird before in the past, and I did what I always do: I put the frozen/glitched pet up for adoption. After the social worker takes them, I re-adopt them and then they work fine. This wasn't the case, and the social worker never came.
    -I closed the game. This morning when I tried to play, noneof my sims had facial icons to select them. If I right-clicked a sim to activate them, it would not allow me to see their stats/job/etc.
    -I tried moving them out, or editing the neighborhood, but it will not let me do either because the social worker is still supposed to be coming! lol... obviously there is a bug here, they are not going to come.
    -I also tried recopying the neighborhood, but this did not work, and in addition tried closing the game and restarting it.
    -I did not sign in to the new features any of these times.

Do you think there is any way to save my family? :/ I've worked so hard on them, and I would hate to have to uninstall and start all over.

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it. Sorry if this is lengthy!
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited March 2012
    I have the mastersuite version of :

GameVersion = 11.0.84.014017 is that the latest? Im not sure If the latest patching worked because my game is crashing after I reinstalled it. Also Launher crashen when I try to install store content. I don´t have cc at the moment.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    @Mahogany_Rose: Any mods in your game ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited March 2012
    @FaithofKaela: So when you're not logged in, you can exit ? There have been a few reports of non-exitable games before this patch. Did you have any other log-in issues ?

@Laina480: This is a sign of corruption and you are not the first to report that the patch corrupts existing families (especially if you have pets in the household). Resetting everyone out of the bed is normal behavior with patches.

Do you have a backup you could try ? Other than that I would only have a mods suggestion for you.

@Jadeleine: The base game is what's important. Does the launcher work when you're not installing stuff ? If so, hover over the base game icon in the lower left corner. That should be 1.31 if you're patch all the way. Did you clean your registry when reinstalling ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited March 2012
    crinrict wrote:

@Jadeleine: The base game is what's important. Does the launcher work when you're not installing stuff ? If so, hover over the base game icon in the lower left corner. That should be 1.31 if you're patch all the way. Did you clean your registry when reinstalling ?

Thanks! Launher opens, but It crashes if I try to install store stuff. The base game says It´s 1.31. I cleaned my registry before I started reinstalling.
  • Options
    Mahogany_RoseMahogany_Rose Posts: 729 Member
    edited March 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @Mahogany_Rose: Any mods in your game ?

Yes Twallan's Overwatch, MasterController, and DebugEnabler. Just installed the updated versions last night. So far the dancing is the only issue and it's not that big a deal for me but just thought I'd mention it.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    @Jadeleine: I would suggest trying this: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling.html

@Mahogany_Rose: I'll add but could you remove the mods to make absolutely sure it's not the mods causing this (I don't think so, but you never know).
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Nirar22Nirar22 Posts: 172 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hello Crinrict---thanks for all your hard work! :)

I may have a bug to report--I am at least interested if anyone else has had this issue or not.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Yes
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods Twallan's
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    4. Do you have Showtime or just the Patch ? Just the patch
    5. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones ? Both
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Lunar Lakes, and Custom
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 7
    8. Did you disable SimPort ?
    9. Did you disable the Social Features ? I've played it both ways

Whenever I go to save, I always pause first. Since patching, whenever I open up a save, it is always unpaused. I have double checked and made sure I paused first, saved and quit, reopened, and it still starts off unpaused.

Not a mods problem, I played Vanilla at first. I had removed all the mods to patch, and then played for a bit while waiting on the mods I use to be updated. Either way I had the same problem.

More of an annoyance than anything.

Thanks! :)
    The Stone Kings--my Random Royal Kingdom Challenge

Full of Beans--a Perfect Genetics, Midnight Sun, ISBI rolled into one challenge
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Yes, I can verify that. Just tried. I'll add.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Yes Twallan's Overwatch, MasterController, and DebugEnabler. Just installed the updated versions last night. So far the dancing is the only issue and it's not that big a deal for me but just thought I'd mention it.

Is that what you're talking about ?

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/508491.page
    AHQ Tutorial

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top