Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Showtime & Patch 1.31/1.32/1.33 - Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited March 2012
    skm36 wrote:
    Checked my game this morning. First I cleared out my cache files, and this is something I have never seen before. While deleting cache files I get a message that sims 3 has stopped working. Closed down and went back and was able to finish deleting cache. Nothing was running at the time.
    Go into game and everything was saved the night before except all the recolored outfits I did. The outfits were colored right on my sims just not showing as a choice in cas. And I did save them in cas for future use. Also crinict thank you for the response.
    I did a save and quit this morning without issue. Last night I did a save then a quit when I had a issue. I don't know if that matters or like you said a one time thing. I'll have to try to see.

Please forgive me, I don't have access to my game right now, but when you deleted your cache files, is it possible that you deleted an extra file. There is a file that is close to the caches and it stores the recolor saves. I can't remember what it is called. If someone hasn't said what the file is, I'll edit my post when I get access to my game.
  • Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited March 2012
    someone asked when the game will use more then 4gb of memory - never TS3 is a 32 bit application and unless it is rewritten for a 64 bit operating system even with laa the game will only use ~3gb of physical memory.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    skm36skm36 Posts: 2,754 Member
    edited March 2012
    michellehilbrand, Thanks for the reply. And no I didn't delete anything other than the 4 cache files. I even went to my trash bin and doubled checked. Only thing there are the ones you are suppose to delete.
    I have gone back in my game to save the outfits again. Will shut down again and go back in to see if it happens again. I will not delete any cache files this time to see if it repeats.
    j7zqrt.jpg
  • Options
    s5501551s5501551 Posts: 27
    edited March 2012
    skm36 wrote:
    Checked my game this morning. First I cleared out my cache files, and this is something I have never seen before. While deleting cache files I get a message that sims 3 has stopped working. Closed down and went back and was able to finish deleting cache. Nothing was running at the time.
    Go into game and everything was saved the night before except all the recolored outfits I did. The outfits were colored right on my sims just not showing as a choice in cas. And I did save them in cas for future use. Also crinict thank you for the response.
    I did a save and quit this morning without issue. Last night I did a save then a quit when I had a issue. I don't know if that matters or like you said a one time thing. I'll have to try to see.

Please forgive me, I don't have access to my game right now, but when you deleted your cache files, is it possible that you deleted an extra file. There is a file that is close to the caches and it stores the recolor saves. I can't remember what it is called. If someone hasn't said what the file is, I'll edit my post when I get access to my game.

i believe its named 'userpresets'
    if the game doesn't shut down properly (closes in error) then these presets won't be saved - shouldn't matter whether you save and then quit or save and quit in one go...
    this has happened to me numerous times before too

• Options
    PinkLoveJonasPinkLoveJonas Posts: 442 Member
    edited March 2012
    I don't even get to play my game to see if I have any other bugs, because my game keeps crashing...
    I'm on a PC.
    OriginID: prettypinkpixels

• Options
    H0RTENSISH0RTENSIS Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited March 2012
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited March 2012
    Deshong04 wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    @Deshong04: Is this a new or an existing game ?

It is an existing game I had since 3 or 4 days ago. I will start a new game and see what happens.

Started a new game and it works so I went back to my old game and the problem is resolved. I can now see memories in the scrapbook and post them. Yay! :mrgreen:
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    carla70carla70 Posts: 575 Member
    edited March 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    The repeatable questions was addressed to carla70 :)

Unfortunately I was unable to get into CAS exactly when they were taking the pet.

New play same family in Hidden Springs.
    I did just crash to desktop after replaying for about an hour. At that time friend posted a memory and parents were out on Free vacation that should have been due back about that time as well. The friend was getting messages in game as well. Going to try again.
  • Options
    dragon114dragon114 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited March 2012
    why cant the game recognize my profile no more.
  • Options
    H0RTENSISH0RTENSIS Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited March 2012
    dragon114 wrote:

Are you being logged in as NoXRoadsName? If so it is something many of us are experiencing. Hoping for someone to shed some light on the problem soon, in the meantime I and others are trying to figure it out.
  • Options
    dragon114dragon114 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited March 2012
    H0RTENSIS wrote:
    dragon114 wrote:

Are you being logged in as NoXRoadsName? If so it is something many of us are experiencing. Hoping for someone to shed some light on the problem soon, in the meantime I and others are trying to figure it out.
    yes. worked fine last night
  • Options
    xBananxBanan Posts: 466 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I have a problem with installing my store and cc content after the new patch. I installed one item before I installed the patch and everything worked just fine. But now, a message pops up everytime I try to install the other content. The message says that sims 3 has stopped working and will be closed :/
  • Options
    Mychro5Mychro5 Posts: 3,243 Member
    edited March 2012
    Well this may seem like a silly problems, but i really wanna be able to play my game.

1.Nope, not using any mods or CC.
    4. I only have the patch installed.
    5. I started playing an existing one.
    6. I am playing my game on Bridgeport.
    7. I have windows 7.

After i installed the patch my game ran cool after like 30 minutes and then the screen went black, and it crashed :( I never had any problems before.
    hs3c.png
  • Options
    Mychro5Mychro5 Posts: 3,243 Member
    edited March 2012
    sorry double post :oops:
    hs3c.png
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2012
    @SweetK411: I'll add that. Did you remove all your mods ?

@PinkLoveJonas, Mychro5: Please check the first page for crahsing issues and post in the appropriate thread in the tech section if non of the solutions help you.

@Deshong04: Good to hear

@carla70: It doens't surprise me, if ingame messages crash the game. I would turn them off, especially atm.

@dragon114: Please elaborate some more. It's hard to help you otherwise.

@xBanan: Sounds like the files corrupted. Do you have lots of Store content ? If not, I would recommend reinstalling all Store content. Let me know if you want to go there and I'll tell you what to do.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    edited March 2012
    When I started my game and I am getting someone else user name

gameuser.png

i can't log into the launcher now so How can I upload to the site?
  • Options
    Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    edited March 2012
  • Options
    azul662azul662 Posts: 222 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hi

I just installed the latest patch and when I try to launch the game, I get this error message:

IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE INSTALLED AN UNOFFICIAL GAME MODIFICATION THAT DOES NOT MATCH YOUR CURRENT VERSION OF THE SIMS 3. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU EITHER UNINSTALL THESE GAME MODIFICATIONS OR GET UPDATED VERSIONS OF THEM - OTHERWISE YOU MAY EXPERIENCE CRASHES OR SIGNIFICANT BUGS. DO YOU WANT TO QUIT?
    YES OR NO ...
    and if I say Yes, it crashes my game, how to I uninstall the latest patch b/c my game was working perfectly fine. Thank you.

ps I've updated ORIGIN too ....
  • Options
    EternitysShadowEternitysShadow Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited March 2012
    azul662 wrote:
    Hi

I just installed the latest patch and when I try to launch the game, I get this error message:

IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE INSTALLED AN UNOFFICIAL GAME MODIFICATION THAT DOES NOT MATCH YOUR CURRENT VERSION OF THE SIMS 3. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU EITHER UNINSTALL THESE GAME MODIFICATIONS OR GET UPDATED VERSIONS OF THEM - OTHERWISE YOU MAY EXPERIENCE CRASHES OR SIGNIFICANT BUGS. DO YOU WANT TO QUIT?
    YES OR NO ...
    and if I say Yes, it crashes my game, how to I uninstall the latest patch b/c my game was working perfectly fine. Thank you.

You have to remove ALL mods and CC before patching. The game is trying to tell you that. NO mods may remain.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    azul662 wrote:
    Hi

YES OR NO ...

You have to remove ALL mods and CC before patching. The game is trying to tell you that. NO mods may remain.

Aaah man, I forgot - do I need uninstall the entire ep/sp and reinstall to get it working again?

Update - I got it working, thank you.
  • Options
    EternitysShadowEternitysShadow Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited March 2012
    azul662 wrote:
    azul662 wrote:
    Hi

YES OR NO ...

Aaah man, I forgot - do I need uninstall the entire ep/sp and reinstall to get it working again?

Try removing your mods folder, as well as any CC folders, cleaning your caches, and then see if it launches. If it does it was a mod that is outdated. I think Twallan has SP updated but not MC yet. Good luck :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    azul662 wrote:
    azul662 wrote:
    Hi

YES OR NO ...

Thank you, got it to work!

Try removing your mods folder, as well as any CC folders, cleaning your caches, and then see if it launches. If it does it was a mod that is outdated. I think Twallan has SP updated but not MC yet. Good luck :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    azul662 wrote:
    azul662 wrote:
    azul662 wrote:
    Hi

YES OR NO ...

Thank you, got it to work!

Thank you got it to work!!!
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited March 2012
    This is a tiny little bug. I don't know if many others have gotten it or not.

One of my SIMs had a celebrity opportunity (work out for 4 hours). After the patch, he couldn't complete it. I had to delete it.
  • Options
    skm36skm36 Posts: 2,754 Member
    edited March 2012
    s5501551 wrote:
    skm36 wrote:

i believe its named 'userpresets'
    if the game doesn't shut down properly (closes in error) then these presets won't be saved - shouldn't matter whether you save and then quit or save and quit in one go...
    this has happened to me numerous times before too

That seems to of been the issue, it just didn't shut down properly. I have since gone into my game and done a save and quit twice no problems as of yet and my saves were in cas. So, thank you.
    j7zqrt.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top