Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Showtime & Patch 1.31/1.32/1.33 - Bug Thread

Comments

• geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited April 2012
    All premade big show venues have negative price tags. This is usually caused by hidden room markers in community lots. I've checked ALL the big show venues and none of them has a marker in. (at least none that I could see) I'm assuming however that the Shell itself is acting like a marker, therefore causing the negative price.
  • khynneakhynnea Posts: 265 Member
    edited April 2012
    Issues with pathing in Starlight Shores.

Cannot access beachfront areas "well."

For example,
    * go to graveyard, fish there (say you are fishing for death fish)
    * sun comes up
    * scan coast for angelfish spot
    * click pool with "choose bait..." option
    * select alley catfish
    * come back a few moments later after addressing other sims in household, fishing sim still standing around in GY; action item removed from queue
    * requeue fish with alley catfish at angelfish spot, repeatedly, no luck, no movement

(figure there is a problem with pathing, paint to keep sims from walking near shore, or ... something)

* walk sim to resort at beach, try to get them to walk to fish spot from there; no luck
    * walk sim halfway down the beach, still no luck
    * had to get sim to the shore adjacent to the fishing spot to get them to fish

<time passes>

* Try to click "go home" button since sim tired, bladder, hunger issues
    * Sim stands there; sim cannot find route home

Now hearing from friends "How come I can't get my sims to go to the beach?" Having to explain how I got mine there.

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere but did the searching, couldn't find anything.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited April 2012
    I was wondering the blank promo thumbnails would occur with a Sim made in Showtime. So I started a new game in Sunset Valley, went to Create a Household and made Rebecca Miller, choose Law Enforcement and got her promoted. Rebecca's thumbnail wasn't blank.
    Promo%20thumbnail%20EP5.png?psid=1

Here was the blank thumbnails I've been complaining about.
    Promo%20glitch.png?psid=1

I found out that the blank thumbnails on promotion dialogs only occur if the Sims were made before Showtime. If a Sim was made on Showtime, the thumbnail will not be blank. In other words, only pre-Showtime Sims are affected by the glitch.

The blank promo thumbnails should be added to the list of bugs. I hope that EA fixes this bug.

Here's the glitch: http://thesimsglitches.wikia.com/wiki/Blank_promotion_thumbnails

Also the North Star Seeker doesn't move when a Sim uses it.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited April 2012
    I just noticed something else, that i failed to notice since i got ST. This roof pattern
    Screenshot-39.jpg
    is completely missing from the game. All lots that were using this roof pattern before ST, are now using the white slate one. It doesn't look as good as the previous one did. And that really bothers me, as that was my fav roof pattern.
    There is a similar looking roof pattern in game that is a bit darker and more grayish, but still not as good as this one :(
  • CassieblckCassieblck Posts: 20 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Cassieblck wrote:
    [/b][/b]I have also been recently since the patch or update having issues in cas. The female sims are fine, but when i randomize the sims as a male his head is super large or super tiny or not there and its just a little hair. when the head is too big it looks like a bobble head and too small looks like he has no head. I do not have any extra sliders either...

Also i still have the booking failed issue.
    1. How many Sims are in your household ? there are two sims in my household and one pet...a dog. but i might sell it.
    2. Do you have the required levels ? yes i have the required levels or ever higher than the required levels
    3. Is your sim human or occult or a mixture ? my sim is human. What does occult sim mean?
    4. Have you tried other Sims ? yea i have tried other sims...still fails to book
    5. Do you have any issues with other social features ? No, all other social features seem to be working fine.
    6. Does your friend see anything from your Sim ? nobody sees anything from my sim
    7. Are you using Overwatch or ErrorTrap ? no i dont even know what those are
    8. Does the Sim you try to send have any CC ? i take all the cc off my sim befoer sending
    9. Any temp loss of Internet connection ? no there is no loss of internet connection
  • SterlingauraSterlingaura Posts: 74 Member
    edited April 2012
    The child hairstyle that came with generations; the one with the hair high in one and falling to the side is missing from my game since showtime.

http://simpedia.simscri.net/File:Ts3_ep4_cas_fc_hair_06.png
  • erbdrerbdr Posts: 15
    edited April 2012
    My game always gets stuck when saving a sim or loading a household.. It restricts
    Me from creating a new game.
  • SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited April 2012
    only bugs i've seen so far is

1. Sims won't age (yes i have checked and my game is on aging
    2. the vampire looking skin in CAS
    3. no singing voice from the karaoke's

1 and 2 bugs me out! come on EA hurry with a patch please!
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • carla70carla70 Posts: 575 Member
    edited April 2012
    I just installed a house from my studio awhile back. It only had the storybook frame and walls/floor recolored tiles. had my sims move in. Now when going into world bird view I can't see the structure it self. I see the trees and icon but house is missing. When I zoom into the house area it shows the house. House was imported to Starlight shores and NO CC was used just recoloring.
  • destinyhopefandestinyhopefan Posts: 13
    edited April 2012
    My sim is a singer and I tried to have her preform at one of her gigs and she was sent home! So I had her go back several times and the same thing happened. I tried having her audition for a new gig and she was moved a couple feet away from the person unable to audition! This seems to be my only problem and I don't know what to do! My sim is losing a lot of money not being able to preform! Does anyone know how to fix this?
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited April 2012
    Hi crinrict,
    I have encountered a memory leak when leaving a neighborhood.
    Further information here:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/529210.page
    However it seems to depend on the world.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/529210.page#8284520
    We need your support there. Can you add experiences?
    This space is for rent.
  • chocogirlschocogirls Posts: 6 New Member
    edited April 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    Going back a few pages to answer some of you.

@chocogirls: Have you tried the collection helper to see if where they are ? It may take a while until they show up and I'm not sure where they are supposed to be.

Yeah, me and my sister both have, no fireflies show up, they're all just butterflies or insects. We've tried all the time since we found out about the firefly collectables. :(
  • skm36skm36 Posts: 2,754 Member
    edited April 2012
    New problem. I didn't see this on here . My sim had a baby and now she can't go back to work. It wouldn't let her do her steady gigs. This was after 8 days at home. She was a level 10 singer.
    I had her quit her job. Then had her do it again, but when she was going to be a level 5 singer all over again, I just had her quit again. I just did not feel like doing the singer all over from that point. This was in Starlight Shores.
    j7zqrt.jpg
  • chocogirlschocogirls Posts: 6 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Also a new problem, in the skill journal under collecting it says:
    Unique Fireflies found: -1.#l%
  • bernahanbernahan Posts: 19 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I play in sunset valley and simfests has a problem. My sim is a magician. When the simfest began, he went to the simfest venue and I selected watch the show option but there was not sim who make a show on the show stage. My sim and the other townies were dancing and proprietor was just standing. There was not any show and stage was empty
    I selected 'ask to join simfest' option, proprietor said you will be next but noting happened. after the little time 'ask to join simfest' option goes the grey and it is not selectable, screen tip says over the time.
    Gigs has no problem, it is allright but the simfest are like tahat. I tried different venues in the sunset valley but same things happened. My game is fully patched.

photos were taken during the simfests

showtimes venue (proprietor is reading a book, my sim is dancing and nobody else)
    screenshot72wl.jpg

custom venue (my sim and townies dancing, proprietor is standing and empty stage)
    screenshot71ne.jpg
  • WickedLambWickedLamb Posts: 45 Member
    edited April 2012

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Yes
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods None now, I was using "No Automatic Memory Mod" but I took it out
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) See item # 2
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? [/b]Yes before taking them out.
    5. Do you have Showtime or just the Patch ? Showtime
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.31 1.32 or 1.33 ? 1.33
    7. If you are on Patch 1.32 do you have new skin tones and Werewolf sliders (mouth, nose) in CAS ? No
    8. Do you have a Showtime Collection (in buy/build mode) ? I believe so
    9. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones ?
    10. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Starlight shore
    11. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) WIN 7
    12. Did you disable SimPort ? Yes
    13. Did you disable the Social Features ?
    Yes

So my problem is weird. I have two sims that are currently married, now their relationship on the family tree is as if they are not married. But they are still listed as married if you hover over their pictures. Same couple adopted a child (boy). Now the son shows up as if he is in a relationship with the mother as her partner & acquaintance instead of being listed as her mother. This has never happened before and I would like to know if there is a fix to this. Thank you.
    Look deeply into my eyes...what do you see?
  • playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    edited April 2012
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or Mods? Yes
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the big ones? No
    3. If you're not using mods, did never use them or did you take them out for the Ep? Never had mods installed since Showtime patch, tho I did have Master Controller pre-pets/recent Pets patch.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version? Yes, but I removed all Mods once Showtime was released, and removed them again after EP Showtime patch 1.33 after using StoryProgression and MasterController to resurrect ghosts only to find out, Twallan changed something regarding the ghosts, so I removed it.
    5. Showtime
    6. Patch 1.33
    7. No
    8. No
    9. New Town; Never save my game anyway - plays for fun. If I do save, its rare.
    10. I rotate between Sunset Valley and Starlight Shores; I have all SPs and EPs, but only Base + Master Suite + Showtime LE are only installed.
    11. Vista
    12. Yes
    13. Yes

Other Info:
    HD: 236GB
    RAM: 3.00GB
    Processor: AMD Phenom 8400 Triple-Core 2.10GHz
    Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 9500GT 512MB
    Service Pack 2
    Display Drivers: 266.58

Ok, my issue is a bit similar to the freezing, only slightly different. So, I can last 1 week (in-game) without minimal to none freezing, but once it dips into the 2nd week or further, the freezing becomes so bad the game becomes rendered unplayable. The freezing duration ends up ranging from as 2 to 3 mins to as long as 5 to 10 (sometimes longer). Even tho I don't save my games, its just frustrating when the freezing becomes unbearable and having to shut the game off. I always remove my cache after every game session and I'd think this would have helped, but the issue continues to persist. Honestly, there needs to be a patch to fix the patch, but knowing most patches EA releases, it causes more harm than good, atleast from my end. "/
  • Angel_Of_BeautyAngel_Of_Beauty Posts: 68 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Hi. There is something wrong with my game! My sims get reset when they set up and try to perform on the stage, even when I've switched them to their career outfits. Magicians cannot perform the special self interactions they have, Acrobats can only do the human statue. And my sims can't use the DJ thing. I only got the game yesterday, so haven't tried everything. I've removed every mod that could possibly affect it and updated the mods, too. Help me, please?
  • OkelaniOkelani Posts: 22 Member
    edited April 2012
    when i try to use my golf range the only option is to check records, any ideas?
  • TINA180TINA180 Posts: 683 Member
    edited April 2012
    When I go to My Page, I have noticed one of my closest friends have vanished. She squash so many bugs that I think one ran off with her. Can you help me find out where she went? Her name is Crin..

Lol Hugs* Miss Ya Much <3

• XTS2009XTS2009 Posts: 357 New Member
    edited April 2012
    *Custom Content/Mods? Yes
    *"Big Mods"? No
    *Yes, took mods out, then put back in later but kept "big mods" out.
    *Yes, updated my mods and got updated versions of other mod. I read their threads for issues.
    *I have Showtime
    *1.33 patch level
    *Yes, have showtime Collection
    *Playing existing game on new pc, transfered save game (but not all issues are on new system).
    *EA Town (Showtime's Town) unless Bridgeport is mentioned.
    *Win 7 64 bit (now)
    *Simport not disabled
    *Social not disabled

OLD SYSTEM
    *Dual Core Intel 2.6
    *4 Gig Ram
    *Over 800 Gig Hard Drive
    *NVidia GeForce (forget now but was supported)
    *Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit
    *Drivers Up to date

NEW SYSTEM
    *Quad core AMD 3.6
    *8 Gig RAM
    *500 Gig hdd, 1 terrabyte external for backups
    *NVidia Chipset on mobo
    *AMD Radeon 6670
    *Windows 7 64 bit
    *Can't change hardware acceleration for graphics card, grayed out.
    *Drivers up to date

My experiences since Showtime:

Old & New System (Same savegame):
    *Dupes: Magician has 2 of each trick boxes and 2 stage lights (from move or recolor, don't recall.) (Fix: Deleting does not fix, they come back next game) (both towns)
    *Gone Black: Photobooth pics go black after a move.(Fix: None, deleted them, but thankfully got a screenshot of them first) (both towns)
    *Can't find fireflies:(Child's opportunity is to find them. Issue on both PCs is same town, Showtime's town) (Fix: None known, can't find the spawner either)
    *Friendship Loss: After performance I lose about half my friends and get accused of peeing in public (& similar), resulting in bad moodlet. Happens every time. Sim is celebrity sim, knows many. (Fix: I wish to God I knew where one was! This one drives me mad!) (Both Towns)

Old System (Same Savegame):
    *Routing Issues: Couldn't enter venues in Bridgeport, date couln't go upstairs/elevator to the floor I was going to, unroutable. (Fix: Gave up & moved)
    *Crowd Control: Stadium got cluttered with sims, unroutable issues where my sim worked. Bridgeport. (Fix: I resetsim *)

New System (Same Savegame):
    *Stuck: Object got stuck in sim's hand after sculpting. She cancelled the action and went to a simport performance (antoher simmer came to my game).
    *Wrong Hair: Sim returns from simport with different hair. Went into makeover's CAS and saw my hair option (store hair) wasn't available for the default career outfit. (My fix: Gave her a hair that was similar to what I did have for that outfit).

(Note: All experiences are with ONE savegame. A long played one that is very large.) Mods: buyable fish/produce, instant skills, no intro, no mosaic, no watch cats play junglegym, higher sue for slander payout (to justify the glitch lol), Less Memories,
    Faster novel writing, Faster sculpting (which may have caused the stuck item. Can't rule that out). Lots of store content, including Hidden Springs and Spell Book (borked). (only mods not made by me are no intro, no mosaic, and less memories at this time).

***Hope that helps somewhat. If not the thread, then at least others who think they are alone in an issue.

Crinrict, you are phenomenal! I have been admiring your work lately and you've saved me tons of trouble. I appreciate you!
  • PulversoppaPulversoppa Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited April 2012
    No mods/CC at all. Have all expansions+stuffpacks and some store content.

The issue is all fish in the sim's backpacks vanish if I move in a household that should have fish. The fish also vanish if I travel to a destination from WA and vanish on the way home from there as well.

And about that, every time I, my sister at her computer or my cousin at her computer the artists magic boxes, huge balls, fire rings, special lighting thing they have in their backpacks duplicates.

I want to be able to fish and build up a storage of useful types without having it gone if moving or travelling. Please.
    "They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
  • Mimi18MariaMimi18Maria Posts: 170 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Daycare profession is gone.

I own all the expansion packs, no stuff packs. After installing showtime, the daycare profession no longer shows up as an option on the computer.

I have no mods, CC from the sims3 website.
  • erbdrerbdr Posts: 15
    edited April 2012
    None of my sims can go to work in any of my files. They cant even preform jobs within proffessions so I basically can't even play.
  • jensimgirljensimgirl Posts: 160 Member
    edited May 2012
    i play the game for 25 minutes then the game crashes :evil:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top