Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Showtime & Patch 1.31/1.32/1.33 - Bug Thread

Comments

• the3ofusjks116the3ofusjks116 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Demure1 and Cierx,
    Are they in their uniform when you try to set the stage or preform for tips? If they are not, they will always reset, sometimes even home! You must click on them and put them in their uniform before they can do any task related to their profession. It is very annoying and I cannot wait until they get it fixed.
  • Demure1Demure1 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Demure1 and Cierx,
    Are they in their uniform when you try to set the stage or preform for tips? If they are not, they will always reset, sometimes even home! You must click on them and put them in their uniform before they can do any task related to their profession. It is very annoying and I cannot wait until they get it fixed.

I didn't even notice that! Thanks I'll try it!

@Cierx My sims were jumping off the stage as well while setting up the stage or at the park. I'll try the tip above.
  • mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited April 2012
    I'm on patch 1.31 is there any point in updating to 1.33 as i don't intend installing Showtime,so are there any benefits in me doing so?
  • IzabelliIzabelli Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited April 2012
    I don't have Showtime but my sims stopped aging after installing the latest patch. I couldn't find anything about this bug on the first page.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited April 2012
    @Darkling: I'll add that

@jensimgirl: Hover over him to find out his name and then reset him with resetsim firstname lastname

@catloverplayer: Just that one or is that true for all juke boxes ?

@mrswoo5: I don't know what they fixed but if your game is running fine at 1.31, you don't need to update. I would recommend the update for people that use SimPort because of the transferring cc.

@Izabelli: That is an older glitch. Only solution I have is mods: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/bug-aging-troubles.html
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited April 2012
    I'm going to do one last updating round tomorrow (or tonight) and then I will work on redoing the first page with solutions/ideas if I have any. Will try to do this over Easter. Should have some time.

After eastern I'm done with this thread. You're welcome to continue posting but I will go back to the technical forum and help out there where I can.

You can also keep checking my blog although that will be a while until I can update properly. Will do the German one first.

Thank you all for participating.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Crizzy2468Crizzy2468 Posts: 628 Member
    edited April 2012
    Here's a quick update on my previously reported problem about corrupted games with certain pets being unselectable and having blank portraits (previous post http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/270/505859.page#7902821).

I installed the Overwatch and ErrorTrap mods and they worked! The cat is back to normal and everything seems fine now.
  • XurishimaXurishima Posts: 9
    edited April 2012
    Crinrict :lol: sorry to bug you but the problem with me not being able to audition or perform at any venue even at high levels has not changed. I updated my mods and i have high relationships with proprietors but I am still not able to perform... :cry:

Much help is appreciated, this can also go out to others who can assist me in this problem! :!: :lol:
  • mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited April 2012
    Thanks Crinrict, i will leave my game at 1.31.
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited April 2012
    ok I've got a small update about missing props and tables from park venues. When a sim performs in whatever scenario, hosted sim, local playable, local townie or sim fest, they take off the props to set up their own and tables disappear for singers. When the performance is done , the props and tables never return until the lot resets. Venues reset at their closing time. Park venues however do NOT have a closing time, therefore they never reset and the props and tables never appear again.

Crinrict have you managed to find a solution on why hosted sim do not perform? I've made some custom venues for my world and even though hosted sims are there on time they never get on the stage and never perform. Then they disappear from the world instead of taking their car/limo off. I'm trying to figure out if it's the game, or i've done something wrong with the lots. Everything else works fine. The only thing i haven't tested yet is sim fests, since i haven't seen any yet.
    edited April 2012
    @Xurishima: Was that that you are always declined ? I would try without mods on a copy of your savegame to make absolutely sure it's not those. Is the option grayed out or do they say they don't want you ?

@geminiagre: That makes complete sense (the park table problem).

Do you get the Stamps at all ? For me, when there's no performance there are usually no Sim around and I found them at a completely different venue. I only had a few that would not perform when they were at the right venue. I wonder if it has something to do with the custom stages for you. Wasn't there a thread around about that ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Jazmyne4u2Jazmyne4u2 Posts: 158 Member
    edited April 2012
    Alright, now that I have showtime some issues I've noticed was that the login only saves the password, not the username. And in CAS, the makeup doesn't stick to the clothing if you lock it for all outfits. It doesn't really bother me, and I've had some crashing, but it's not frequent and it doesn't bother me like before.

I am patched up to 1.33 but I don't have the newest 'Store Content Update', not that it matters lol.
  • RainDropPixieRainDropPixie Posts: 99
    edited April 2012
    I'm running the newest patch. And am having a few issues.

CC wise I have skins, eyes, Carrigon_ClubHoursSHOW, and Overwatch (which doesn't resolve, but does alleviate the freezing issues).

First off.... maybe not a complaint to most but I HATE it. Random windfalls of money. I'm doing a legacy...that kind makes the whole purpose of a legacy...obsolete. If I wanted lots of money, I'd use cheats.

Second...the most important. I save and quit my game. Error free. Boot it up the next time...and it's lost it all. And typically when I lose all my hard work...it really makes me not want to play anymore. I'm really not into reproducing "Groundhog Day"

Edited: Third, stray animal plague. Before Showtime, I NEVER got strays (which caused me to give up on any of those LTWs). Since the newest patch, strays actually LIVE on my lot. I put up the gnomes, and set them to discourage...so now they just trail in and out all day peeing on the gnomes....

ETA: The club hours mod MIGHT be causing my stray plague, I saw when I packaged it (to reduce load times) something about strays. I'm about to go read on MTS. I normally read everything about a mod before installing, so I have to double check on it!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited April 2012
    crinrict wrote:

@geminiagre: That makes complete sense (the park table problem).

Do you get the Stamps at all ? For me, when there's no performance there are usually no Sim around and I found them at a completely different venue. I only had a few that would not perform when they were at the right venue. I wonder if it has something to do with the custom stages for you. Wasn't there a thread around about that ?

Sims arrive at the correct venue ok. They just stand there though doing nothing until their time is up. Once the time is up, they completely vanish from the world on the spot instead of getting into a limo to leave. Both me and friend get stamps and rewards. Host map tag stays as well until i reload game or edit town.
    The lots work perfectly fine in other peoples games , in other worlds and in the world in question. The issue seems to be on my end only. I'm planning on placing the lots on a new save to test this further.

By the way I found that thsi basegame dress
    Screenshot-6.jpg
    makes sims loose a few fingers on both hands
    Screenshot-9.jpg
    Screenshot-8.jpg
  • FedericoFederico Posts: 214 Member
    edited April 2012
    Federico wrote:
    I have the same problem.
    Also gems and stones have disappeared.
    And if I start a new game, I can't see anything: no butterflies, no gems, no fishes, ecc. ecc..
    It is very annoying!! :thumbdown:
    crinrict wrote:
    @Federico: Any mods ?

No. :(
    But, now, I'm almost sure that it's not fault of the last patches...
    I tried to uninstall everything, running RevoUnistaller, deleting every sims-related files, re-installing without pacthing....and the problem was again there!!
    I'm a bit confused. :shock:
  • AlorxicoAlorxico Posts: 360 Member
    edited April 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    Not fixed with Patch 1.31
    - Cars are still spawning in inactives inventories
    - Flute Forward dress still has a missing leg.
    - Level 10 Horses Animation still off.
    - Mags' Door still has the wall showing through.
    - According to twallan there aren't any major bug fixes, if anything was fixed, they a very subtle. All the well known bugs are still there.
    - Fish disappear from inventory after traveling
    - Fish are invisible in aquarium (catloverplayer)

Fixed

Fixed with Patch 1.32. If you still have the issue after patching, please report.

I am a bit confused. Does that mean Patch 1.32 fixed the reproducing cars and other major bugs? Or were they fixed in 1.33?
    edited April 2012
    No they were not fixed. Only the cc problem was fixed.
    AHQ Tutorial

• khynneakhynnea Posts: 265 Member
    edited April 2012
    Did a google search and forum search, this is the only mention in this thread I can find.
    carla70 wrote:
    Have acrobat that read Charisma book 1 and can keep reading it and gaining skill. My singer just read once. Also acrobat girl gets a new charisma book with every simport done.

Ever since first simport of my level 2 singer, every return trip I receive a charisma vol 1 book. This happened to my singer who had charisma skill, don't know if it is relevant, and every character thereafter who has simported out of the household.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    Twallan, overwatch/errortrap. With or without the mods, it occurs. Now also using MC.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods.
    See above.

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do).
    I patch/upgrade clean as per your instructions. Quite literally. I have done 10+ ? reinstalls (manual, clean) since then, heh.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    Always. Latest and greatest added when I installed Showtime about a week ago. I check for updates often.

5. Do you have Showtime or just the Patch ?
    Both.

6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.31 1.32 or 1.33 ?

7. If you are on Patch 1.32 do you have new skin tones and Werewolf sliders (mouth, nose) in CAS ?
    Never saw them in game. Don't know if I got them or not.

8. Do you have a Showtime Collection (in buy/build mode) ?
    Uh, checking. No. I used the 1.33 super patcher, and had so many issues, I never followed your instructions to ensure having one the last reinstall. I may be using a very old collections folder (1.29 backup).

9. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones ?
    New

10. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    Starlight Shores

11. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    Win 7 at the moment

12. Did you disable SimPort ?
    No

13. Did you disable the Social Features ?
    No

Now if I could remember what "real" bug I came here to see whether it's been reported...

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited April 2012
    Stairs that are stacked on top of each other, like the spiral stairs going to a basement and then to a second floor, become unusable. The sims can go up the stairs, but the routing is blocked off and they can not go back down. To get the stairs to be usable, you have to move one set of stairs one tile back or completely away from the other set.
  • simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited April 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    - SimPort doesn't live update if you haven't had much online activity/requests in approximately an hour (ZeekSlider)

I'm having the same issue. I almost never get Simport updates, and I have 270 friends :?
  • Medoll213Medoll213 Posts: 17
    edited April 2012
    My Sim and her niece went in the photo booth to take pictures. When they did, after it showed that they were in a relationship. The aunt is already married, and now it doesnt show that she is married in the family tree. It shows that she is in a relationship with her niece, not her husband. And when she gave birth to her twins it showed that the twins were her husbands kids, & not hers. Help please. I cant play my game until this is fixed because it shows that the aunt is a cheater & such.
  • VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    edited April 2012
    Since Showtime EP and the patch ALL of my pre-existing worlds were having crazy errors and freezing up. I started a whole new world after deleted all my backup files and it works great, except some minor glitches (no fam tree, occasional weird outfit, ect). If it starts freezing I use "resetsim *" and it stops. Which is great but I am upset about my pre update games no longer being playable. Any suggestions on how to get my old games to play better?

I use NO mods or cc
    My game us up to date
    New video card
    TONs of RAM
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited April 2012
    Federico wrote:
    Federico wrote:
    I have the same problem.
    Also gems and stones have disappeared.
    And if I start a new game, I can't see anything: no butterflies, no gems, no fishes, ecc. ecc..
    It is very annoying!! :thumbdown:
    crinrict wrote:
    @Federico: Any mods ?

No. :(
    But, now, I'm almost sure that it's not fault of the last patches...
    I tried to uninstall everything, running RevoUnistaller, deleting every sims-related files, re-installing without pacthing....and the problem was again there!!
    I'm a bit confused. :shock:

Hi - I've had problems with finding butterflies (especially) since the update before Showtime (1.31, I believe). I also lost every bug in every case in every house of all my families - in some instances the cases were still there but they were empty, in one house the cases had even disappeared.

Even if I put spawners on commercial lots, it takes not three Sim days like it used to for butterflies and bugs to appear but Sim weeks.

I cannot, however, actually now attribute this to the 1.31 update because it might be due to the Pets EP. I installed that a month or so ago but never checked for missing bugs. In some places, where there were butterflies, rats and other small creatures are now spawning, especially in tombs and that when travelling, so perhaps EA changed the code for some of these things to produce rodents, turtles and birds instead?

Like you, I want the butterflies back. Fish, well that's a lost cause.
  • Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited April 2012
    Medoll213 wrote:
    My Sim and her niece went in the photo booth to take pictures. When they did, after it showed that they were in a relationship. The aunt is already married, and now it doesnt show that she is married in the family tree. It shows that she is in a relationship with her niece, not her husband. And when she gave birth to her twins it showed that the twins were her husbands kids, & not hers. Help please. I cant play my game until this is fixed because it shows that the aunt is a cheater & such.
    Sorry this has happen to you, this glitch has been a huge game destroyer, it's advised to not use the photo booth until EA fixes this (hopefully anything they fix it's this) But, I believe Twallan mod can fix a family tree issue.
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• khynneakhynnea Posts: 265 Member
    edited April 2012

HOSTING a show causes "lost friend 24 hour mood debuff" repeatedly. This is not the same as I understand it as

- Giving a show makes the sim loose friends (shadowmel333, thatonegirl32)

having read the posts by these people.

* Host a sim's show; either by requesting it or they send it over.
    * Have one of your sims go to the show.
    * When the show ends and the performing/hosted sim leaves town, your audience member sim looses a friend (which is different from previously reported bug).
    * Sometimes this happens even during the show before the hosted sim leaves town, without negative (which is similar to the previously reported bug).

Net result, you end up with mood debuff for 24 hours/1 game day for going to the show (something that you are supposed to be getting positive buffs for).

Also, "wishes" spawn for interaction with visiting sims -- this should not happen because you cannot interact with them (always says so-and-so is busy and going to work right now and cannot be bothered). Like pillow fighting, chat, jamming, etc. -- all the usual wish spam that accompanies relationship building/scale change.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    yes (happens with or without mods)

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    twallan's overwatch, errortrap and mastercontroller (just the base mc)

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) never have done
    patched / upgraded /reinstalled correctly

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    correct versions of mods. happens with or without mods.

5. Do you have Showtime or just the Patch ?
    both

6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.31 or 1.32 ?

7. If you are on Patch 1.32 do you have new skin tones and Werewolf sliders (mouth, nose) in CAS ?
    not at 1.32

8. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones ? new game

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA-Starlight Shores

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    Win 7

11. Did you disable SimPort ?
    no

12. Did you disable the Social Features ?
    no

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top