Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uninstalling itself?

Why are items I have had in my game for weeks all of the sudden not showing up in game? Several Hairstyles I bought at the store was in my game but now they are not.... And they don't have that installed icon beside them anymore in the launcher! :? What's going on? Anyone?

Comments

• Options
    Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited November 2011
    :mrgreen: bump
  • Options
    EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited November 2011
    did you recently patch or use the pets demo? are your items in the dl portion of your launcher to re-install?
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I patched and used to pets demo but that was back when the demo first came out and I haven't played it since. Yes the items are still in the dl portion of the launcher but the installed icon isn't beside them anymore. I have even uploaded sims with these hairstyles... I mean can install them all again but I was curious why they unistalled :?:
    did you recently patch or use the pets demo? are your items in the dl portion of your launcher to re-install?
  • Options
    EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited November 2011
    there was a bug with the demo, after using it I would have to re-install every time I went back to play sims, my launcher still doesn't show as installed correctly(the icon), but they are in game, the only time they don't is when something changes, last time for me; I updated drivers and it caused my game to reset so there are a few reasons that seem to initiate such response. I closed it, went to launcher and re-installed, I do recommend you keep copies of your saves, dl's etc in a separate folder just in case it amounts to more *hugs
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Thanks for your help hon *hugs*
    there was a bug with the demo, after using it I would have to re-install every time I went back to play sims, my launcher still doesn't show as installed correctly(the icon), but they are in game, the only time they don't is when something changes, last time for me; I updated drivers and it caused my game to reset so there are a few reasons that seem to initiate such response. I closed it, went to launcher and re-installed, I do recommend you keep copies of your saves, dl's etc in a separate folder just in case it amounts to more *hugs
  • Options
    hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 923 Member
    edited November 2011
    I have been calling, emailing and going to live chat about this issue for about a year now!!! For me it started with Late Night. I have a long running thread about such an issue. I have had to remove everything, reinstall, do a clean boot, re-download, and finally, only add one or two items or sets at a time to make sure they stay in small groups/files in the dccache folder. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/391729.page is where you find that thread. I've had everything from not showing as installed in the launcher to not even showing up in game. A lot of stuff actually does show up in the game even if it says it isn't installed in the launcher.

Don't let anyone convince you that it's your computer. People with a wide range of computers, including Macs are having this issue. So far, EA doesn't even seem to accept responsibility for it. They always say it's our games, or computers.