Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Limited Edition Pet Store - your questions answered

Hi Sims fans! I was really hoping to get this to you sooner, but it has been a bit of a crazy week for me both in and out of the office. Thanks for being patient :D

The announcement of The Sims 3 Pets has generated a lot of excitement within the community, as well as many questions about the Limited Edition version that I want to help answer with the latest news I can share. The Limited Edition will certainly include the most compelling content that we've offered in a preorder before. Our team here at The Sims Studio wants to create the absolute best features possible that players want to use in their game.

For players who choose to purchase the Limited Edition, they'll be getting a cool venue for their Sims to visit that we feel is a great reason to preorder. The Pet Store venue will be a place for Sims to go to purchase objects for their pet to use, it is not where you get the pets themselves. Alternatively, if you prefer to wait for reviews or buy the game on sale, you won't be missing out - you'll simply buy your pet objects from the catalog instead.

As developers, we're very fortunate to have such a vocal group of fans who are so willing to share their thoughts and opinions with us. We're confident that we’re developing an outstanding expansion pack that everyone will have the opportunity to enjoy. We’re very excited to be developing Pets for the fans that have been so passionate in asking for it.

Thanks for your support,
Graham - Sims 3 Producer

Questions & Answers

Q: I've purchased The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition - how do I download the bonus content?
A: Please follow the basic instructions that came with your copy of the game. Two important things must be done before downloading your Limited Edition content. You must register your copy of The Sims 3 Pets, and you must have The Sims 3 Pets installed on the computer you're attempting to download to. If you haven't already installed the game, you'll receive an error message when attempting to download the Limited Edition content.

Q: What is included with The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition?
A: The Limited Edition comes with...
• "Graham's Pet Swap Shop" - a pre-built Pet Store lot that you can place in any Sims 3 world.
• A cash register that enables you to set a community lot in your world to the Pet Store venue type, allowing you to build your own Pet Stores.
• Ten bonus objects to enhance your pets lives. This includes a palm tree scratching post, a luxurious pet bed with a canopy, a new outdoor pet house, additional horse race training equipment, an adorably over-sized turtle shell for cats to hide inside, paw print windows and doors to build your home with, and more!

Q: Where can I see the Limited Edition content before purchasing the game?
A: We recently unveiled Graham's Pet Swap Shop in The Sims 3 Pets Digital Town Hall event! Take a look at the archived video of the event at the following link, the Pet Store is shown at the 3:00 minute mark in the video.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17438215

Q: Does the Limited Edition cost more than the standard edition?
A: No, the Limited Edition is the same price as the standard edition.

Q: Is the Pet Store a rabbithole?
A: No, the Pet Store is a fully interactive venue on a community lot. You can see your Sims inside it, and there will be a cash register and a cashier you can purchase pet-related objects from. This also allows you to build your own Pet Store that's limited only by your creativity!

Q: If I don't purchase the Limited Edition, is there an alternative Pet Store in the game, such as a rabbithole Pet Store?
A: No, the only way to get the Pet Store is by purchasing the Limited Edition. There is no other version of the Pet Store in the standard edition of the game.

Q: If I don't get the Limited Edition with the Pet Store, will I not be able to get Pets for my Sims?
A: Don't worry; you'll definitely still be able to get pets! While we haven't yet announced many of the features that you'll get with The Sims 3 Pets, the Pet Store is an alternative way to access content in the game. But, there will be a number of different ways to get pets and to buy objects for your pets. Keep watching for future announcements about what's in the game!

Q: Can I share a Pet Store lot, or a world that contains a Pet Store with a player who does not have The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition?
A: Yes, you can share Pet Stores or worlds with Pet Stores on the Exchange with any other Sims 3 player. If that player does not have the Limited Edition content, than any Pet Store lot will automatically change to a "No Visitors Allowed" type community lot, and will no longer function as a Pet Store.

Q: Can I share a save game file that has a Pet Store in the world with a player who does not have The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition?
A: Yes, you can freely share save files. If your Sim was actively using the Pet Store and the new player does not have access to that content, their Sim will reset on the lot upon loading the save file.

Q: I’ve heard about 10 extra breeds of pets; do those only come with the Limited Edition as well?
A: The ten extra breeds are featured in the console version of The Sims 3 Pets; they are not available in the PC expansion pack.

Q: What regions will the Limited Edition be available in for purchase?
A: We have not yet finalized all regions that the Limited Edition will be sold in, and will continue to add more regions as we work with our retail partners. Please continue to check the EA Origin website, or your favorite retailer’s website to see if they’ve updated with the Limited Edition offer.

Q: I’ve noticed the EA Origin site in my region mentions the Limited Edition, does that mean it’s confirmed as being available in my entire region?
A: The Limited Edition will be available on a per-retailer basis. If you preorder from a retailer that lists the Limited Edition content, you can expect to receive a Limited Edition copy of the game.

Q: When can I expect to know if the Limited Edition is for sale in my region?
A: Stay tuned for future announcements as we work with our retail partners to bring the Limited Edition to more regions. If you preorder and the Limited Edition is offered by that retailer at a later date, you will automatically be switched to the Limited Edition.

Q: If I preordered The Sims 3 Pets and the retailer did not mention the Limited Edition, but later decided to sell the Limited Edition, do I need to cancel my preorder?
A: No. Once the Limited Edition is announced by a retailer, all existing preorders will automatically get the Limited Edition.

Q: How do I know if I’m preordering the Limited Edition? The retailer’s website just calls it The Sims 3 Pets.
A: The title may not necessarily designate the Limited Edition. If the retailer lists the Limited Edition content in the information for the game, then they are offering the Limited Edition for sale.

Q: Will the Limited Edition be available for both Mac and PC?
A: Yes, both Mac and PC will have access to Limited Edition content.

Q: Will the Limited Edition be available for digital downloads and on a disc?
A: Yes, both digital downloads and retail discs will come as Limited Editions.

Q: Is the Limited Edition exclusive to EA's Origin service?
A: No. Although we'd love for you to try out our new Origin service, it is not exclusive to Origin. The availability of the Limited Edition will be on a per retailer basis if they choose to offer it to their customers. Please continue to check their websites and express your desire to purchase the Limited Edition to your preferred retailer.

Q: Will my favorite retailer be selling the Limited Edition?
A: It is up to individual retailers if they decide to sell the Limited Edition. Please check your favorite retailer’s website to see if they mention the Limited Edition content. If you don’t see the Limited Edition content listed, let them know that you would like them to offer the Limited Edition for sale.

Q: Do I have to purchase online to get the Limited Edition?
A: No. The Limited Edition will be available both online and in physical retail stores.

Q: When purchasing from a retail store, how do I know if I’m getting a Limited Edition?
A: The box will state on the outside if it's the Limited Edition.

Q: Do I have to preorder to get the Limited Edition?
A: Preordering is the best way to guarantee getting the Limited Edition.

Q: After purchasing the Limited Edition, how do I access the additional content that comes with it?
A: The Limited Edition will come with instructions on how to obtain the Pet Store for your game.

Q: If I select a slower shipping service, or purchase a copy of the Limited Edition from a participating retailer after day one, will I still be able to access the additional content?
A: If you purchase a Limited Edition you won’t be required to access the content on day one.

Q: I've heard about a Special Edition that's priced higher than the Limited Edition, what is this?
A: In certain regions, when we ship a new expansion pack we also offer a version that's bundled with The Sims 3 base game as a way to encourage new players to try the game.

Q: What does the Pet Store look like?
A: Like this!
O7mIg.jpg

Comments

• N3mb3rN3mb3r Posts: 2,432
    edited June 2011
    I have a question
    will we be able to control how big are pets will get?

thanks graham! *high fives from twitter*
    -Simsplayer101
  • ShaShathesimShaShathesim Posts: 66 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Thank you!!!
  • clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited June 2011
    THANKS! This clears up things sooooo much!
  • PillPill Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thank you Graham!

I think you should make "We have not yet finalized all regions that the Limited Edition will be sold in, and will continue to add more regions as we work with our retail partners." in the biggest text since that seems to be the hugest issue at this point. :roll:
  • KiksoKikso Posts: 38 New Member
    edited June 2011
    so cool
    thank you :D
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited June 2011
    well this clears things up but it has also made me ponder over the fact that 'certain' retailers will stock the limited edition ...will these retailers be in Adelaide, Australia?? :/
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • ArachneArachne Posts: 238 Member
    edited June 2011
    This doesn't explain why some retailers are selling this for $10 extra. For example, GameStop. There's no reference to this being a bundled edition, so what's going on?
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited June 2011
    So it's not actually a pet store?

Well, it's certainly better than nothing. Otherwise this is mainly a repeat of what you have already said, but it's nice to have it stickied so nobody can dispute it anymore.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thank you. It's good to know we can upload the creations without worry. :o)
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thank you for taking the time to clarify this information.
    I do hope that anyone with questions will read this CAREFULLY and understand what it really says.
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for clearing all this up. I really don't care about the Limited Edition, as if it is available in my area I won't be able to get it anyway, but I have a question: (a dumb question?)

Why don't you just allow the Pet Shop features in every game, and not just the Limited Edition? From what you claim, the Limited Edition will cost the same as the Standard Edition. So... you won't be getting more money if you include the Pet Shop or not, so why not enable it to everyone? I hope you understand what I'm trying to say, because I sure don't understand the mechanics behind this Limited Edition.

Thanks. :) (and I hope what I said makes sense!!)

• maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited June 2011
    Conorsim wrote:
    Thanks for clearing all this up. I really don't care about the Limited Edition, as if it is available in my area I won't be able to get it anyway, but I have a question: (a dumb question?)

Why don't you just allow the Pet Shop features in every game, and not just the Limited Edition? From what you claim, the Limited Edition will cost the same as the Standard Edition. So... you won't be getting more money if you include the Pet Shop or not, so why not enable it to everyone? I hope you understand what I'm trying to say, because I sure don't understand the mechanics behind this Limited Edition.

what you said completely makes sense, but what EA is doing makes no sense what so ever!! whoever came up with this 'scheme' should be fired
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
    edited June 2011
    Conorsim wrote:

what you said completely makes sense, but what EA is doing makes no sense what so ever!! whoever came up with this 'scheme' should be fired

Phew :XD: Seriously though... I fail to understand what they're doing behind it all. So, I believe there's a part here they're not telling us. No? I mean, c'mon. They wouldn't just give a whole new game feature pretty much for free. :lol:
  • Mimine17Mimine17 Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited June 2011
    Conorsim what you said make sense in a customer point of view, but here they just want to increase preorder, that's why they are offering this bonus.

So basically getting more money very soon, and getting more money because some people won't wait until sales !
    edited June 2011
    Mimine17 wrote:
    Conorsim what you said make sense in a customer point of view, but here they just want to increase preorder, that's why they are offering this bonus.

So basically getting more money very soon, and getting more money because some people won't wait until sales !

Buuuut... if the Limited Edition is the same cost as the Standard Edition, then how are they gaining? I mean... they'd get more of a profit if the Limited Edition costs more than the Standard Edition - but don't get any ideas here EA! :wink:

But really, I think I understand what you're saying. Kinda.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2011
    Conorsim wrote:
    Mimine17 wrote:

Buuuut... if the Limited Edition is the same cost as the Standard Edition, then how are they gaining? I mean... they'd get more of a profit if the Limited Edition costs more than the Standard Edition - but don't get any ideas here EA! :wink:

But really, I think I understand what you're saying. Kinda.

Yes, they both cost the same but EA stands to make more on the Limited edition. Diehard fans of the sims would more than likely go after a game that is limited and has something the other does not. If EA makes it goal, then all they have to do is maintain with the standard edition. It does make sense if you think on their level. It is a business decision. Sure EA could have sold Limited Editons without end, but that would serve no purpose because Limited Edition means for a period of time a special item would be available. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • CheerBabe15CheerBabe15 Posts: 203
    edited June 2011
    Thanks
  • KimiatKimiat Posts: 312
    edited June 2011
    Conorsim wrote:

Its all about the numbers, even though they aren't gaining extra money, games sold in preorder give them an idea of the popularity of the product, and allow them to see the increase(or decrease) in sales after launch. Pre-orders are very good for all businesses :D

Graham, I adore you for this. Saves a lot of those of us who were trying to defend you lot a whole heck of a lot of trouble ^^ Good stuff mate <3
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2011
    So in other words, those who can't get the game now, or may not have the computer with the capacity to run the Sims now, will be buying a crippled game that lacks the playability of those fortunate enough to get this "limited edition". Oh, I'll still get it -- I've got the money and the computer power -- but I still think it totally sucks.

Just my 2 Simoleons.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • JanChirSimsJanChirSims Posts: 2,144 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm sorry if I'm asking something that has already been answered but I have to ask cause I don't really understand..

Is it the Pet Store that is not going to be added in the Limited Addition (as in the build) or does it mean the cash register?

Again sorry.. I feel stupid asking this question but I want to make sure.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited June 2011
    Conorsim wrote:
    The idea is to tempt more people to preorder the EP. If people don't preorder then some of them will never buy the EP - and other people will wait until the price is lower. So EA gains because more people will buy the game and/or for a higher price.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm sorry if I'm asking something that has already been answered but I have to ask cause I don't really understand..

Is it the Pet Store that is not going to be added in the Limited Addition (as in the build) or does it mean the cash register?

Again sorry.. I feel stupid asking this question but I want to make sure.

The Pet Store that is being added in the Limited Edition is nothing more than another community lot that will be in your lot bin. The building, which is *not* a rabbit hole, will have the pet cash register and all the other exclusive items in it. IF you have the Limited Edition, you will also be able to get the pet cash register and all the exclusive items through the buy catalog. If you do *not* get the Limited Edition, you will not get the pet store community lot nor any of the exclusive items.

There will be no pet store in the town as an alternative. Also, the pet store will not sell animals, just items, so it is not a required part of gameplay; it's just extra content. For all we know, EA will make it available through the Store after the Limited Edition sells out.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • SimChick1016SimChick1016 Posts: 8,609 Member
    edited June 2011
    Why do people have to question business antics of such a large corporation? It seems like a waste of a post, really. It's simple, if you want the extra content that the Limited Edition has to offer(not just the Pet Store-- there is more to come, this is just what we KNOW OF at the moment) then pre-order, if you really could care less about the extra goodies and just want animals added to your game, then get the regular addition.

It makes perfect sense why they are doing this. Most people wait to buy EPs to read reviews and watch the price go down-- this way will get many people to pre-order and in essence, pay more. It's just business, don't ask questions just to wonder what EA's "evil scheme" is...

:roll:

-SimChick
    Happy Simming! o:)
  • mw1234mw1234 Posts: 5,400 Member
    edited June 2011
    So we can't build pet stores if we buy the regular version? :(
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited June 2011
    mw1234 wrote:
    So we can't build pet stores if we buy the regular version? :(

It's not a pet store persay, but more of a pet accessory store. Essentially it's just pets furniture from the catalogue, just with the extra option of buying at the store, like buying candles and birthday cakes at the supermarket despite being in the catalogue. It's more of a social place by the sounds of it, like the museum.

The actual method of the aquisition of the pets themselves has yet to be revealved, but it will not in any way shape or form require the Limited Edition Pet Store.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top