Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations Bug Thread - Please see compiled list on first page before posting.

Comments

• JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited May 2011
    MaryJos wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    @Jenieusa: Wasn't that always like that, that you loose the connection to your dead husband ? Sorry, I've not been playing a lot lately. When you don't have any kids, you never know who you were married to in the first place. I'm really unsure about this though.

@ZeekSlider: Could you do me a favor and stop with all the negativity ? We really don't know what patch we are getting yet and what is fixed and what is not. You are welcome to post any bugs YOU see but I don't want any hearsays because I will need the info from the person that actually has the problem.

@JohanFoppa: We really don't know yet what patch we are getting. They usually do include it but maybe they made some last-minute fixes and we get 1.22 as the one that leaked. 1.21 IS included on the DVD-

For the "bug" Jenieusa is having : they lose their connection to the dead spouse in order to get re-maried... It has always been like this. I don't think it's a bug...

Well ok then.....i had no idea...thanks for the help :)
  • Whales_RockWhales_Rock Posts: 3,872 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Everytime I save and quit relationships are reset and spouses/boyfriends/ etc disappear.
  • Angelakeller734Angelakeller734 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited May 2011
    The only thing I've run across is not being able to click on any non-household people and have a menu to interact. I've invited 2 sims over, and was able to invite them in, then nothing. Couldn't even ask them to leave.

****Make that anywhere in town. I can only click on household members to interact. My sims can talk to other sims, I just can not direct them to do it.
  • theonlybrokentheonlybroken Posts: 44 Member
    edited May 2011
    I've been playing a family that has two teen sims. They both went to prom and never received a picture or their crowns, since they both were prom king and queen. I then sent one of them to boarding school and he left for about 2 or 3 days and then returned. He won't go to the community school lot and won't go back to boarding school. Under his employment tab it says "Enrolled in boarding school." I've tried having his parents re-enroll him, but they can't. I have no mods, little CC and everything is up-to-date on PC.
  • vintageheartvintageheart Posts: 24
    edited May 2011
    @Whales_Rock: I have that same problem! I was just about to ask about that too. I'm getting really frustrated. Everything seems to be working fine except for that.
    Also, whenever I have a wish to join a career, and I save and get off then get back on without fulfilling it yet; it disappears from my promised wishes.
    edited May 2011
    @Whales_Rock: I have that same problem! I was just about to ask about that too. I'm getting really frustrated. Everything seems to be working fine except for that.
    Also, whenever I have a wish to join a career, and I save and get off then get back on without fulfilling it yet; it disappears from my promised wishes.

I thought I was the only one o___O
    I've never had glitches before so this is pretty bad...
  • T3hXinroT3hXinro Posts: 85 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Okay, got a bug for you.

CC - Just some clothing stuff and something which unlocks hidden ambitions outfits.
    I have used Twallans' mods in other towns, but never in this one - this town was created right after I installed Generations.
    I've got WA, Ambitions and Generations.

Problem? Audio from sims playing computer games overrides all other audio, continues when the game is paused or in build or buy mode and is generally loud and irritating. Normal use of the computer and TV and playing video games on the TV doesn't do the same thing. It also happens when the sims play the guitar.
  • YAMMM7YAMMM7 Posts: 258
    edited May 2011
    Hi!
    I'm sorry if you have an over load of questions first of all! But, I'm a Mac user and have just the base game, Ambitions, and Late Night, and my version is 6.2.4.010001. After reading all these problems, I'm not sure whether I should-
    a) install Generations and then the patch
    b) install the patch and then Generations
    c) don't install any and wait for another patch
    d) any other suggestion
    Thank you for your help! :)
  • RisikaFoxRisikaFox Posts: 220 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Jenieusa wrote:
    ok i got one....

i had on 1 lot...

husband
    wife
    son and daughter-in-law

about 1 sim week ago...husband dies..and
    i put grave in graveyard...

now after i loaded generations..the husband does not show up in in wife's family tree...but does show up in the son's and daughter-in-laws family tree

I currently have only the base game installed and my family trees tend to look like you described.
  • Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited May 2011
    I play my game in the vanilla state, no cc or mods (only EA store content added).

That being said, these are the glitches I have noticed so far after 4 hours of playing (havnt tested EVERYTHING out just yet but will post later on newer findings)

I have run into a few glitches/bugs:

1. It takes 1 whole sim hour to do the interaction of "Change Outfit"

2. I changed the lifespan on the adults in mid gameplay but the alert for their birthdays still appeared a day later and they turned into adults only one sim day after I increased the adult lifespan to 247 days. The age bar still said 247 days to age up..but they still aged up a day later.

3. Baby holding glitch after using stroller with infant. She kept holding the baby but with no baby in her hands, no matter what interaction she did or what sim she chatted with,etc. I did the reset sim cheat on her and it actually fixed this glitch.

4. The "Go on stroll" action is a little wierd. She takes the baby down a block or two and takes the baby out to immediately put him back in and stroll back home. I am not sure if this is supposed to work like that but maybe im just a little tedious.

5. Had a friend of my sims die and they got the memory that popped up for it but no negative moodlet either what so ever..
  • fishbulbfishbulb Posts: 64 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I have run into an issue with visiting China. Before installing Generations, I had decent relationships with the townies. Now everyone hates my sim! Also, she can't visit anyone at home. She asks to come in, and then the owner disappears back into their house.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2011
    I'll be answering your problems in a moment although I'm not really up-to-date yet.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited May 2011
    I think I have a bug or glitch or something. I started up my game with a couple I had been playing before generations. All of a sudden the wife goes over to her husband and accuses him of cheating. He has never cheated on her. And it was then I noticed that he could not interact with her at all. When I click on her for him to chat or something there are no options. I sent him into town and try to speak with some other sims. He could greet a few then no options for chatting or anything else. I don't get it. I have no mods or cc at all in my game. I'm at a loss as to how to fix this.
    edited May 2011
    Ok. Guys.

Everyone that posted, I need to know if anything changed for you with Patch 1.22.

I will be reading in the others threads for a moment it would be really great if anyone could post here with the info I asked for in the first post.

Make sure you delete your cache files when you remove any mods and try on a new game first. If you had scripting mods in, you'll need to reset your sims with MasterController before taking the mods out or you will end up with corrupt savegames.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Emma24601Emma24601 Posts: 94
    edited May 2011
    I'm updated to the latest version needed for Generations with Latenight and Ambitions.

My glitches are:

Super slow zoom out to the point where the game is unuseable.
    Weird dark colored mood bars.
    edited May 2011
    I downloaded the new patch and nothing changed.
  • MagnaluciusMagnalucius Posts: 132 Member
    edited May 2011
    Unplayable atm, it shuts off my video card when I try to play, no heating issues, drivers are up-to-date and all my other games work fine.
    1396340557_1584_0.gif
  • FateFellShort216FateFellShort216 Posts: 11
    edited May 2011
    Does anybody else have a problem with the relationships never getting past friends?
    edited May 2011
    @Sabrosa: I won't add your butler issue for now, but I'll keep it in mind.

@seadramon: Sorry, lost in translation. I don't understand what you are trying to say. Did you remove any mods that you might had in your game ?

@Whales_Rock: I saw your other thread but haven't read it. Did you remove your cache files when removing your mods ?

@angldior: Did you try starting it directly from the exe ? Does the launcher start ? Do you get any error messages ?

@Jenieusa: I'm really unsure about your problem. I have not patched my regular game just yet and I will check tomorrow.

@Angelakeller734: Sounds like an incompatible hack. Did you remove all your mods/hacks prior to trying ?

@theonlybroken: Did you try that with patch 1.21 or 1.22 ?

@vintageheart: Which of Whales many problems do you mean ? The loosing relationships one ?

@T3hXinro: Audio has always been buggy. Did you try with patch 1.21 or 1.22 ?

@YAMMM7: Can't really tell you cause I don't know how severe the problems really are. Lots of people posted with 1.21 installed which obviously had some bugs. The patch notes are totally inconclusive. If you don't want to hold off, install Gen, that will patch you to 1.21 and then patch to 1.22.

@Sgizzle09:
    Which patch level are you at ?
    1) That's an older glitch that mostly seem to happen on lower-end machines. What are your specs ? (NO DxDiag please, just basic info)
    2) Where they at the verge of aging up before you change the the age spans ? It might already have been to late.
    3) Still around, still annoying, had it myself with just the patch installed
    4) Need to know your patch level
    5) Where they present when the Sim died ?

@fishbulb: Any mods/hacks in ?

@Kamb64: What patch level are you on ? Was this an old save game or a new one ?

@Emma24601: I'm going to add the zoom error. Many have reported that. Could you post a pic of your mood colors ?

@Magnalucius: That's more of a technical issue. Please post in the technical section of this forum.

@FateFellShort216: What patch level are you at ?
    AHQ Tutorial

edited May 2011
    Does anybody else have a problem with the relationships never getting past friends?

Well mine seem to be going wayyyy slower
    edited May 2011
    DP
    AHQ Tutorial

edited May 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    @Sabrosa: I won't add your butler issue for now, but I'll keep it in mind.

@seadramon: Sorry, lost in translation. I don't understand what you are trying to say. Did you remove any mods that you might had in your game ?

@Whales_Rock: I saw your other thread but haven't read it. Did you remove your cache files when removing your mods ?

@angldior: Did you try starting it directly from the exe ? Does the launcher start ? Do you get any error messages ?

@Jenieusa: I'm really unsure about your problem. I have not patched my regular game just yet and I will check tomorrow.

@Angelakeller734: Sounds like an incompatible hack. Did you remove all your mods/hacks prior to trying ?

@theonlybroken: Did you try that with patch 1.21 or 1.22 ?

@vintageheart: Which of Whales many problems do you mean ? The loosing relationships one ?

@T3hXinro: Audio has always been buggy. Did you try with patch 1.21 or 1.22 ?

@YAMMM7: Can't really tell you cause I don't know how severe the problems really are. Lots of people posted with 1.21 installed which obviously had some bugs. The patch notes are totally inconclusive. If you don't want to hold off, install Gen, that will patch you to 1.21 and then patch to 1.22.

@Sgizzle09:
    Which patch level are you at ?
    1) That's an older glitch that mostly seem to happen on lower-end machines. What are your specs ? (NO DxDiag please, just basic info)
    2) Where they at the verge of aging up before you change the the age spans ? It might already have been to late.
    3) Still around, still annoying, had it myself with just the patch installed
    4) Need to know your patch level
    5) Where they present when the Sim died ?

@fishbulb: Any mods/hacks in ?

@Kamb64: What patch level are you on ? Was this an old save game or a new one ?

@Emma24601: I'm going to add the zoom error. Many have reported that. Could you post a pic of your mood colors ?

@Magnalucius: That's more of a technical issue. Please post in the technical section of this forum.

@FateFellShort216: What patch level are you at ?

yup deleted em
    edited May 2011
    @Whales_Rock: Ok, going to read your rant post now ;) Could you do me a favor and compile all your problems in one post, so I can link that on the first page. Thanks.
    AHQ Tutorial

• iGobliniGoblin Posts: 15
    edited May 2011
    Hi!
    I downloaded my game using the EA Download Manager, but then was unable to play because my game was not up to date.
    Upon finding no available updates on my launcher, I found a manual download link on these forums and did that, which worked.

My version is currently 1.22.9.011001 and I'm playing on a PC.

Now the problem I'm having, is when I click "Play" under The Sims Generations, on my Download Manager, it takes me to the launcher which says:

"No game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 Late Night game disc before proceeding."

The only physical disc I have for The Sims 3, is the base game. Up until now, it's been working just fine inserting that and using my Digital Download expansions.

Please help?

Thanks!
    edited May 2011
    Okay.
    All my mods have been removed. I resumed play on a game I had had pre-installation. (I had no core mods, only Nraas Story Progression, MC, Animator, nothing big)

My mood bars are discolored, and the zoom in and out is very slow and laggy (however rotation is super fast)

The moodlets "Having Fun" and "Having a Blast" moodlets only max out to "50 minutes" as opposed to the usual 8 hours. They decay very quickly. (Just the fun bar)

When I save and quit, all relationships are wiped out and go back to zero and "stranger".
    You know how when you add a trait to a sim and they do a lttle animation relating to the trait? In public places I can barely socialize with other sims because they continue to do it over and over and over again. So if i go to the park for example, its very loud because sims are repeating animations over and over and over... I could live with it but it's annoying
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top