Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations Bug Thread - Please see compiled list on first page before posting.

Comments

• Janina1211Janina1211 Posts: 892 New Member
    edited July 2011
    na gut, danke :) also, ich habe leider trotz stadt-acc. und dem neuen patch immer noch das problem, dass ich bestimmte interaktionen wie "herumblödeln" bei sims mit der charaktereigenschaft "sinn für humor" nicht ausführen kann. Früher konnte ich das immer sofort anklicken unter "spezial" jetzt existiert die möglichkeit nicht mehr (es anzuklicken) als ob es das nie gegeben hätte...

Es mag auch kleinlich sein, dass ich auf ein paar interactionen nicht verzichten möchte, ich frag mich nur, ob das jetzt bei allen so ist - oder ob das nur bei mir nicht mehr geht?

Danke schonmal...
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited July 2011
    Nein, da bist du nicht die einzige.

Ich muss sagen, dass ich dein Problem bis jetzt immer falsch verstanden habe. Ich dachte, es fehlen dir normale Interaktionen plötzlich fehlen, was auf eine Spielkorruption oder einen inkompatiblen Mod zurückzuführen ist.

catloverplayer hier im Forum hat das gleiche Problem auch schon beschrieben. Ich werde nachher grade mal in meinem Spiel schauen, ob ich das auch habe. Ich denke aber nicht, dass es da eine Lösung für gibt.

--

Ok, now I get it. You are missing some trait specific interactions that used to show in the trait-specific menu.

Catloverplayer has the same issue. It seems this bug is not fixed in the latest patch. I'll check my game to see if I can verify.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited July 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    Nein, da bist du nicht die einzige.

Ich muss sagen, dass ich dein Problem bis jetzt immer falsch verstanden habe. Ich dachte, es fehlen dir normale Interaktionen plötzlich fehlen, was auf eine Spielkorruption oder einen inkompatiblen Mod zurückzuführen ist.

catloverplayer hier im Forum hat das gleiche Problem auch schon beschrieben. Ich werde nachher grade mal in meinem Spiel schauen, ob ich das auch habe. Ich denke aber nicht, dass es da eine Lösung für gibt.

--

Ok, now I get it. You are missing some trait specific interactions that used to show in the trait-specific menu.

Catloverplayer has the same issue. It seems this bug is not fixed in the latest patch. I'll check my game to see if I can verify.
    I did test this a few days ago in response to a post in a different thread http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/412890.page#5911890

Note that this was only with patch 1.22 installed and compared to patch level 1.19.
    I tested it later again in an existing pre-Gen save and it's the same.
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited July 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    WOW!! :shock: Another glitch I didn't have until now but exisited since the beginning of this game's release?! Now I'm really worried for what old bugs I'll end up having when I get Pets.
  • Janina1211Janina1211 Posts: 892 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Thank you all for your help! If there are any news about this subject please tell me :-)

@crincrit: please let me know if there is the same in your game... maybe you know what to do... :)
    edited July 2011
    I did check and I can verify that I have 3 option with Sims my Sim doens't know to well and 5 if they know each other well as Snapdragon pointed out in that other thread.

I tested the good sense of humor trait.

So, I don't think it's a bug. It's probably a so called new feature, unfortunately. Something they won't fix.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited July 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    WOW!! :shock: Another glitch I didn't have until now but exisited since the beginning of this game's release?! Now I'm really worried for what old bugs I'll end up having when I get Pets.
    I think that this depends on the strength of your system and the more EPs and SPs you install the higher the chances that old bugs will make their appearance in your game. My system was not the strongest from the very beginning and I must have encountered almost every bug there was. I now switched to a slightly better one and some of the old bugs have disappeared, like the one mentioned in your report. (In fact, in case you're interested, I only switched from MacOs to Vista on the same computer. But the Mac version takes up much more processing power because it has to run from within a WindowsXP emulator. I was really surprised at how much better my game performs now.)
    edited July 2011
    Snapdragon wrote:
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    I think that this depends on the strength of your system and the more EPs and SPs you install the higher the chances that old bugs will make their appearance in your game. My system was not the strongest from the very beginning and I must have encountered almost every bug there was. I now switched to a slightly better one and some of the old bugs have disappeared, like the one mentioned in your report. (In fact, in case you're interested, I only switched from MacOs to Vista on the same computer. But the Mac version takes up much more processing power because it has to run from within a WindowsXP emulator. I was really surprised at how much better my game performs now.)
    Well, the thing is, I maxed out my current comptuer around Ambitions to get rid of Error 12's, but I still got them. Then after that happened, it was reported that Error 12 isn't a RAM/Memory/Processing issue so much as it is a save file size issue, which resulted in deleting my legacy game. After that, the game has been running smoothly up until I did my "Free Will Game" where I'm just watching the Sims try to live their lives on their own with little control from me. That's when I noticed the AI issue with the toddlers being in the game. It's actually pretty upseting that the thread claims that bug got worse because of Generations. :(
    edited July 2011
    It's quite logical, isn't it? New stuff, new activities, new background things like reputations and memories to handle on top of what's already there mean increased load for your processing unit and plenty of opportunities for it to forget things.
    I haven't had errors 12 very often, at least I haven't had too many crashes during the last two years and have played almost daily, on free days sometimes 10 hours straight. I have game saves that are 750MB in size and only since Late Night these have become hardly playable. But I've seen all those bugs of Sims not responding, dopplegangers and disappearing UI, the photography bug, broken opportunities, adventure board not working etc etc etc.
    But as some of these have not returned since I switched to another OS I gather that they are in fact performance issues. This is not to say that TS3 is a well-made game, I still think that it's not using a computer's resources in an optimised way.
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, that's why I only modify lots in the various towns now. Kind of hoping I get a better computer, so I can transfer everything over and what not. (Though transfering the iTunes MetaData to a new computer is going to be a pain. I have 3,000 MP3s, all of them with ratings and play counts because of how I burn by "Best of the Year" CDs through that meta-data. Oh well, that's off topic.)

I haven't even played my Babysitter game after this patch to see if any of the fixes there work with exisiting saves or if I should start that game over again. I've just be designing clubs and trying to figure out where to place the new rabbit holes that came with Town Life.

EDIT: Oh, before I forget AGAIN!!

The "Babies/Toddlars are causing behavior lag" bug? It was weird, as everyone was behaving normally and nobody was lagging at all in their decisions. Then after about an hour into the observation game, any Sim that entered the Baby's room would lag in their AI. Once they left the room, they didn't lag at all.

I didn't see that being reported in the thread, so maybe I have something new? If someone could correct me, it would be more than welcomed.
    edited July 2011
    It hasn't been established yet, WHAT is causing the lag in AI (only that it does). So any observations you make are fine. If you are ok with it, I can copy/paste them in the thread to see if anyone sees the same.

I have played my game today and have to say that toddlers and apartment houses are terribly annoying. The flat is very small and my Sim kept taking the elevator downstairs to pick up the toddler (that was in the flat of course) and then just stand there forever until I canceled the interaction. So I can imagine that the apartment houses have actually made this worse.

I also found that my babysitter was obsessed with the kid and took it out of the crib WHILE he was sleeping, waking him up of course.

Another interesting observation was made by arathea over at Crazy Town where there's also a thread about this which I haven't link since you need to register to read:
    While playing today I noticed one thing that is different for babies and toddlers compared to other sims. (Well, I've noticed it before but never saw a possible connection to this issue.)
    Only certain sims are allowed to pick them up. I'm not sure if there is a required relationship but a sim has to know at least one family member to get the option otherwise it's greyed out. The game has to either store a list of these sims for every toddler separately (and update it) or has to constantly check the relationship panels of all family members. After all these weeks of playing almost every sim must know at least one member of any family and these lists must be huge.
    AHQ Tutorial

• MadMachineMadMachine Posts: 40 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Gyms causing body skill to grow at a vastly reduced rate instead of an increased one. I had more than one sim go to the Gym and work out to fatiqued 4 times without gain his first body skill, and have tried this on more than one computer with the same results, and no Mods other than No Mosiac.
  • SporeinaSporeina Posts: 57 New Member
    edited July 2011
    here is some of the info that you wanted to know

i do use costom content from the sims3 store,
    and im not a computer wiz so the only thing i can tell you is that its an acer laptop on windows vista

bug i found
    when using moviemaker to send my sim into create a sim and changed the gender when my sim aged she kept getting male hair cuts, e.g. near boldness.
    edited July 2011
    MadMachine wrote:
    Gyms causing body skill to grow at a vastly reduced rate instead of an increased one. I had more than one sim go to the Gym and work out to fatiqued 4 times without gain his first body skill, and have tried this on more than one computer with the same results, and no Mods other than No Mosiac.
    Remove No Mosaic and see if the same thing doesn't happen again.

Also, what city are you encountering this in? I'm only seeing this bug in my game in Bridgeport, as the other four towns that I have work fine in their Gym lots.
  • JethrofingerJethrofinger Posts: 28 New Member
    edited July 2011
    For sometime, my sims' IF dolls haven't been able to come to life. Now at first, my male toddler and male baby sims didn't get one. When someone moved out of the house, they instantly got IF dolls. As much as they played with them, they didn't come to life. The third child, however, did get one (female) and the child after (also female). However, the third child's never got to come to life. I didn't see the child after because the male toddler (by this time) is a young adult. He moved out and now he has his own child, a son. The son was born on a Sunday and nothing came in the mail the following day. As an experiment, I'm going to see what happens with this son cause I gave him his father's IF that wasn't able to come to life.

I understand that it's a mater of luck: not all sims get an IF doll. I'll see what I can do but any help would be GREAT!
  • dpcafe59dpcafe59 Posts: 223 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I don't think I've seen this posted here, but it's happened to me a few times. Sometimes my teens will age up to young adult, but the slider will already be halfway through the stage! Annoying!
    edited July 2011
    dpcafe59 wrote:
    I don't think I've seen this posted here, but it's happened to me a few times. Sometimes my teens will age up to young adult, but the slider will already be halfway through the stage! Annoying!
    So when they age up, they won't start at 0/90 days (example) but start at 45/90 days? Just trying to figure out what you mean by "slider," which I can only assume you mean "age."
  • girlybgirlyb Posts: 76 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I've got a bug with Imaginary Friends. I use Twallan's Story Progression, so I'm not sure it is due to that.

If the sims plays with their IF and then sets it on the ground, it comes to life as it's supposed to. They accompany the sim all around into their own young adulthood BUT once they hit Young Adult age, I am informed that they are dating and then they get married to someone in town and have children. They live a normal lifespan and then die as elders. HOWEVER. They continue to stalk the sim that owned them until that sim dies. If the IF dies before the sim, then it will come back - alive NOT dead - only their name is changed. When I search for their tombstone, it is there in the mausoleum but I cannot grab it because it is in use. So far this has happened to three sims.

Kind of gets old after a few times...

edited July 2011
    @MadMachine: The athletic skill has been buggy since LN came out. It's probably the same bug that makes it not move at all for some. Overwatch can probably solve your issue as well. Don't have any other solutions.

@Sporeina: What's moviemaker ? Unsure what you are talking about. Hair gender mixups have been an issue for a very very long time.

@Jethrofinger: Did you get the opportunity or did you make the potion to get them to come to life ? The chance that you get a doll is 75%

@dpcafe59: How do you age them up ? Let them or use the cake ?

Also, please give Pittsburgh a great big hug from me. I used to live there for a year 11 years ago. Such a great time :)

@girlyb: Save your game under a different name, take out SP and see if it happens without it as well. If not, report to Twallan.
    AHQ Tutorial

• gizmobellagizmobella Posts: 19
    edited July 2011
    is it possible that the reason there are so many bugs, is because the ambition/world adventure expansion packs? I do not have those expansion packs, mods, or cc and my game works perfectly fine.
    edited August 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    @Sporeina: What's moviemaker ? Unsure what you are talking about.
    They added a new cheat to Generations called MovieMaker. It's a testingcheatenabled add on where you can force Sims to do specific animations from the base game and some of the EPs for your machinema shorts. I played around with it, and it is kind of useful though limited.
    gizmobella wrote:
    is it possible that the reason there are so many bugs, is because the ambition/world adventure expansion packs? I do not have those expansion packs, mods, or cc and my game works perfectly fine.
    Not likely. Late Night caused a whole lot of bugs for people who just had it and the base game. The reason why there are so many bugs are for several factors, the big one being EA doesn't do compatibility tests on their product before shipping them out. That's where people like me and crinrict come in and do that job for them, mostly for you guys so you know what to expect (seeing how the technical department rarely ever comes in and says "Thank you, we'll fix that for you right away.")
  • JethrofingerJethrofinger Posts: 28 New Member
    edited August 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    @Jethrofinger: Did you get the opportunity or did you make the potion to get them to come to life ? The chance that you get a doll is 75%

No it's not that. The doll just stays a doll. Doesn't come to life and be imaginary (or invisible to everyone).

My family just had a daughter. I'll see if she gets an IF doll. The son is play with his father's doll but I know it won't work for him because the doll isn't his.

For the record, I've been able to have four IF dolls turn into real sims.
    edited August 2011
    I thought you actively have to change them (potion, opportunity) and that it was a glitch that some of them turn without you actively doing it.

@Zeek: And how can that cheat change a Sims gender ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• KomuriKomuri Posts: 6
    edited August 2011
    Since the new patch some of my female sims have randomly gotten pregnant without woohoo. I'm starting to really not want to play the sims 3 anymore cus' of all these glitches...
    edited August 2011
    The active Sim ?

Are you using mods ?

---

I'll be gone the next two days.

Won't have Internet so I'll answer when I get back.
    AHQ Tutorial

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top