Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ The Worlds of Rflong7 ♥ =D

Comments

• DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited June 2011
    :oops: I have no idea what's going on. I didn't see anything in the WI and I don't read The 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

If I put you in a bad spot Rflong, I do apologize. Thank you for the link. I wanted you to know I appreciate it and that I have the file in case for whatever is going on that you want to remove it.

Color me confused but it certainly isn't the first time and probably won't be the last :lol:
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited June 2011
    I didn't know anything about this either! This makes me very sad, Rflong. I know they're your creations and you can do what you want with them, but it is a huge loss to the community. There are so many people who will never know the joy of playing them now. Not everyone is giving up the sims, you know. At least not yet. :wink:

I wish you would reconsider; maybe you could post them somewhere with a disclaimer stating that you will no longer be updating them? Anyway. You have to do what you think is best. But I am a sad panda, as johnnywr would say. :cry:
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited June 2011
    hi :mrgreen:

im a christmas nut, im one of those ppl who wishes it was christmas everyday :D

and i just want to say how awesome your winter wonderland world is

im trying to build a mountain snow town with cabins and all that but its not going to good, lol, ill probably just stick with my grass worlds and leave the fancy stuff to you CAW Pros :):):)
  • RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited June 2011
    Rflong thank you for posting the site for Moon Base Delta. I am so glad I have the rest of your worlds. When Reg was talking about MV, I checked the worldlist and didn't see it or the Isle of Sims. Whew am so glad I have them. Your worlds are so beautiful, don't feel you have to update them, unless it is something you really want to do. I am just happy when you check in with us when you can and that all is well with you. Also I am really enjoying LVII[1] ? YOur Gen update for LV. My sims are very happy there. :D
  • bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hey, by any chance, are you making any worlds right now? Or will you be soon? Just wondering.
    edited June 2011
    Rflong, the other day a post in creative got my attention and I started reading. And reading, and reading because, you know, one post leads to another. :mrgreen: Anyway, the topic was berry sweet sims which I'd read about before, but guess I never really checked it out to the extent I did the other day. Anyway, it occurred to me that a lot of the sims you make are very fantasy-oriented so if I ever decide to start a 'berry sweet' game of my own, I may just put a few of them in it. Hopefully you wouldn't mind! That would give them somewhere else to play besides Moon Base. :-)

Out of curiosity, have you ever thought about doing a berry sweet world? I'm not asking you for one or anything, I'm really just curious. I know that is berrypie27's thing, but she does seem open to other's projects. Mainly it's your creative, playful style that I'm thinking would lend itself to that whole concept very well. And I can't help thinking what fun would that be, to make a bunch of candy-land lots! Reminds me of how fun it was to help you with Winter Wonderland. I had a blast with that. :lol:

Anyway, if you weren't trying to spend less time on the computer and ever decided to do it, you would have some very enthusiastic teens and tweens who would want to be friends with you for life. :wink:

edited July 2011
    Ah Ha! I knew it! :lol:

After reading a little about those modeling contests and her efforts to make a berry world, I'm not sure it ever quite got finished (which if I understood correctly is a saved game with a make-over of SV). I missed seeing your sim, though. Anyway, she looks great! Too bad you lost the guy.

edited July 2011
    My entire life is a coincidence. Rflong, I was literally about to download your moon base world the other day when you took it off the site!
    edited July 2011
    Thank you Rflong, but I understand why the strange numbering of the LV world, and that is good because I don't plan on deleting any of the LVs :D I enjoy all of them. My big concern is that if for any reason I ever have to reinstall everything I don't know what I will do about replacing your worlds. Can I save a copy my installed worlds file to the desk top? Or is the fact that I back everything up on my external harddrive every week all I need? :?:
    edited July 2011
    Rflong, are there any downloads of the moon base left?
    edited July 2011
    Where?
    edited July 2011
    I'm SO sorry. I didn't mean for you to do that. I was just wondering where else could I get the downloads - I didn't mean for you to reupload them. I'm terribly sorry.
  • klb685klb685 Posts: 3,388 Member
    edited July 2011
    I'm a big fan of your worlds, Rflong7. I'm the type of person who downloads one world at a time and plays it for a long time before I start looking for a new world to enjoy. However, since I heard that you have removed all of your worlds, I've been downloading the ones you've uploaded as soon as I notice them come up. I'd hate to miss out on any more of your worlds simply because I'm not ready to switch maps yet; I need to learn to be more flexible. (I had only downloaded a couple of your creations before you removed your worlds.)

I feel really lucky to be able to download your moon base worlds today! So glad that you reuploaded them, even if it's just for a limited amount of time. I also wanted to say thank you for all the time and creativity you put into making your worlds, they're beautiful.
  • N3mb3rN3mb3r Posts: 2,432
    edited July 2011
    This thread needs to be sticky because of awesomeness
    *puts sticky on head* :D lol
    edited July 2011
    Thank you Rflong, I will try that. :D
    edited July 2011
    Ok went to the downloads folder..that is the one that lists every download of all sorts, and has green plumbbobs next to each item? I hope. I made copies of the worlds I wish to save and moved them to their own desktop folder. I noticed I still have some folders for worlds I deleted long ago, can I delete those from this file? I did write your instructions down.. hopefully I did it all correctly. Sometimes I feel so dense. :?
    edited July 2011
    Rflong I did not go into the saves folder, I went into the downloads folder as you told me. It contains everything I have ever downloaded from worlds to hair styles, and I made copies of worlds that I wanted there or at least I think they are copies when I moved the copy to the desktop it said shortcut. In the downloads folder there green plumbbobs next to each name of the item. I have saved games from the save file to the desk top, but what I am hoping to do is to save the worlds themselves, in case I ever have to reinstall the sims games for whatever reason, the worlds I want are no longer available. So is that what I did. and can you delete items from the downloads folder?
    edited July 2011
    Ok, then what I should do since I wish to save an unplayed version of each world is to save an unplayed version to my saves file and then copy and paste to my desktop folder, just like I have saved current games I am playing with my different sim families in them. Maybe give them a designation such as number 1 so I know that is a fresh game save without my sims in them. Then if I ever have to reinstall all my games this folder will give me back all my downloaded worlds. So I don't have to go to the downloads folder, just the do the regular saves.
    Thank you Rflong. Oh if the worlds I want are still in the world index would I still download them as before or just use the ones from my desktop save folder?

New note: I went back to the downloads file and tried again. I pasted what looked like a greenplumbbob icon to the desktop and when I clicked on it it downloaded another copy of the world to my launcher so now I have 2 copies. So does that mean I am doing something right? Since I am not playing that world at this time I used it as a test model. :-)
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top