Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Love the look! Really luxurious! Love the hot tub in the bedroom!
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    Very nice indeed @BlackSand . Perfectly hidden and I love the warm colours 😀
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited November 2020
    5nd1sli.png
    BNS231 Fall Designer Showdown is closed!
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Rp6sAxs.png
    It is time for the designer showcase showdown! Please download the lot at https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9417829

In the showdown, you have a foundation and seven wall sections, each with a different color swatch. Place the lot on any lot sized 40x30 or larger, in any direction that will fit. Choose ONE of the seven color swatches. You need to use a shade of this color in some way in each of the rooms of your house. Using it on the exterior is optional. Sell the walls after you've chosen your color. You may not add anything to increase the size of the foundation given, except if adding stairs makes you add a space. You can build only on the foundation given. You can put walls of any kind and fences anywhere you wish on the foundation.
    Rules:
    *NO changes to the foundation size or shape, except if adding stairs automatically adds a space.
    *Pick only one color to showcase.
    *No basements.
    *You can build in the yard as long as it is not attached to the house. Any required rooms cannot be off of the foundation.
    *You can use any fences, walls, windows, and doors that you wish. You can designate any space on the foundation as a porch or room (so indoor or outdoor space).
    *The lot must be fully landscaped.

The Brief:
    *the budget is $190,000, which includes the lot as is.
    *The house should have:
    *At least 4 separate bedrooms/sleeping spaces
    *At least 2 and a 1/2 bathrooms.
    *A kitchen and place to eat.
    *A Laundry, either on or off the foundation.
    *Any other rooms or areas you wish to include.
    *The build can be as many floors as you want up but no basements.
    *Please include a picture of the ground floor from overhead with the grid on so that we can verify no changes were made to the foundation.
    Due to the nature of the build, there is not a Sims challenge this month.

Challenge due Saturday, October 31st, 2020, no later than 23:59:59 Eastern Daylight Time/New York time. ]/color]
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Is it possible to just get the hex code for the colors and an overhead shot with grids on showing the foundation layout?
  • Options
    oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    edited October 2020
    Also, is it possible to take out or replace the laundry room requirement since one may not have the ambition expansion pack? Love this challenge though!
  • Options
    You don't have to use the exact shades I picked, just something in the color family. :) Is this view good enough? Should be 26x23 if I recall correctly.
    BXTCUTf.jpg
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    oliv3 wrote: »
    Also, is it possible to take out or replace the laundry room requirement since one may not have the ambition expansion pack? Love this challenge though!

Yes, you can leave out the laundry. If you like, you can do a mudroom or something else instead.
    image.png
  • Options
    Thank you for the overhead shot. It's perfect.
    A second floor doesn't have to use the same foot print as the first floor, I'm guessing; but is it okay if extends over in places... like a balcony?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    ciane wrote: »
    Thank you for the overhead shot. It's perfect.
    A second floor doesn't have to use the same foot print as the first floor, I'm guessing; but is it okay if extends over in places... like a balcony?

Yes, that's fine. :)
    image.png
  • Options
    Got another question: Can we extend floor tile out one square on the foundation, so we have the look of a bay window? (You know how you can add a tile or two without foundation under it?)
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    Got another question: Can we extend floor tile out one square on the foundation, so we have the look of a bay window? (You know how you can add a tile or two without foundation under it?)

I'll take your word for it that it works the way you say, and allow this. I never got fancy with my sims 3 builds. :D
    image.png
  • Options
    rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,087 Member
    edited October 2020
    Are we allowed to remove part of the foundation to put in a garage, as long as we keep the same footprint? Like this

3njDhYo.jpg

Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Options
    rnramey wrote: »
    Are we allowed to remove part of the foundation to put in a garage, as long as we keep the same footprint? Like this

3njDhYo.jpg

No, you can't change the foundation. You can build the garage on top of it, then use terrain tools to make it more realistic, however. :)
    image.png
  • Options
    OK, Thanks for the quick response!

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • Options
    rnramey wrote: »
    OK, Thanks for the quick response!

You're welcome.
    image.png
  • Options
    Can we build a pool or hot tub on the foundation?

• Options
    I did @rnramey. I just had to use MOO to make the hot tub work.
  • Options
    Thanks @ciane for answering this so fast! I'm glad, since I have a pool and a hot tub on mine.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #231 – Fall Designer Showdown

NAME: oliv3
    LINK TO LOT: download
    LINK TO MEDIA: pictures
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a
    LEVEL: you may choose
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40, 86 Landgraab Ave, final cost: $189,964
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    Family friendly autumn inspired home. The family is preparing for their annual Fall bash, hence, the backyard décor and activities. The mother of the family enjoys buying and refurbishing antique/used furniture. Her latest project consists of dabbling into painting furniture pieces her favorite color blue.

5 bedrooms + 3.5 baths.

Side note: the fall leaves are meant for décor; I am sure sims will have a heart attack being surrounded by them lol. And of course, the debug pumpkins will soon rot. Debating if I should delete/clean up before uploading to the exchange.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a

XSZxwrH.jpg?2

snav7ol.jpg
    Post edited by oliv3 on
  • Options
    Interesting choice of color. It really works well. I love seeing how completely different we all design and decorate the same foundation!
  • Options
    Thank you @ciane! I know, same with me! I am a sucker for foundation challenges lol
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I finally finished my CASting.
    cvr1.png
    Since we are only allowed two pics here, I merged those two views together into one pic.

That gives me one more pic to show the layout downstairs.
    screenshot-12.jpg
    Imagine the same layout of walls upstairs, but the huge kitchen area contains two more walls upstairs making room for three bedrooms on that side. The other side has a large master bedroom over the activity room and a nursery over the media room. Then, there are two bathrooms over the spa and laundry.

You can see that I added bay windows on both sides, but without adding any foundation.

My studio is full, so I can't upload to the exchange right now.
  • Options
    @ciane, I really like the openness to this making it a good house to play in! The stacked windows on the side was a nice creative touch! Also, I like the look of the extended balcony, may have to use that idea for one of my builds! :)
  • Options
    That's one thing that has always been great about the build and share threads. We get so many great ideas from others! And, I had three pets in this house wondering around with three adults without a problem, so yes, very easy to play in this one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top