Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    Ah. Thank you both.
    a normal rec camp facility
    I think that makes a bit more sense to me. :)
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Ah. Thank you both.
    a normal rec camp facility
    I think that makes a bit more sense to me. :)

I agree that this answer makes more sense. We camped in Winnebago campers all year 'round, and they had insulation as well as heaters. But a club house with bunks for visitors and larger shower facilities would be a nice change from the small spaces of the campers. I have the layout in my mind, but I am trying to whip out a Sims 4 challenge first. Good luck everyone! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Yeah, some places where you camp offer tent spots separate from the RV hookup spots. And, they probably also have a spot for travellers without tents or RVs. So, shower and bathroom facilities are needed for the tent back-packers and a "lodge" is needed for those just travelling by car without tent or RV. That's my image.
    This one was pretty fun - the trailers especially! It took some doing to get them to work but I did test, they're all functional (and in fact, they're all fully-upgraded to unbreakable/fireproof).

Off The Road Again
    You are quick!
    I still haven't started!
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member

Great you are done! I’ve nearly finished mine except for the recolouring which is my least fav part.
  • ZinchtZincht Posts: 32 Member
    Okay, I've been wondering for a while, how do you do multiple showers usable at the same time, without the outdoor shower items? This seems like the sort of build that would use them.
    Zincht wrote: »
    Okay, I've been wondering for a while, how do you do multiple showers usable at the same time, without the outdoor shower items? This seems like the sort of build that would use them.

Put them in their own tiny rooms - make a 1x2 or 2x2 room with a shower in the corner, then each shower gets its own room, but can all still be in the 'communal' bathroom area.
    Well, I'm finally starting today. You two have spurred me on.
    edited September 2019
    OOps. I went over budget AND I'm building on a smaller lot. Tomorrow I'll have to readjust. I hope you all are still having fun with this.

I got the price down, but decided to leave it on the smaller 30x30 lot because smaller is always better for placing lots.

I can't wait to see what you all have done!
    Post edited by ciane on

Lol Ciane. I did the opposite.... went up from 40x40 to 60x60 since I prefer less furniture and more yard :)

Cool you got everything on a 30x30 but the smallest size for this challenge is 40x30. Hope you got a bit of money left over 😉
    I do. I looked at the prices and the 40x30 is 600 more. So, I spent 77,400. :smiley:
    @ciane but... the limit was 75k? Did you mean you spent 74,400?
    edited September 2019
    Oops! Back to the drawing board again!

Who knew that bronc riding was around 10k?! I had lots of money after deleting that!

Now I'm just upgrading everything, ...

And ... done!

https://cianesims.home.blog/builds/bns/rv-park/
    screenshot-22-3-e1568492205820.jpg
    screenshot-24-2-e1568492330379.jpg

download:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9338528
    Post edited by ciane on
    @ciane Oh nice, very clever making a couple of them motor homes instead of just trailers!
    edited September 2019
    I'm done too. Heading out of the country on Weds until Oct and still have last min prep and packing. Wasn't able to upgrade appliances but the stove and fireplace are fireproofed so at least sims wouldn't (hopefully) burn the place down. Cost was $74,905 before playtesting. Just for fun and not an 'official' entry. Forgot to take a pic showing the electrical hookups. I probably could have stayed with the 40x40 but love open land. Had created a family but lost them when my computer crashed... too many programs open at once. Aw well.

Picture tour ***** Download

RV There Yet?
    rpXfLnK.jpg

Wonderful creations so far. Not sure if I'm allowed to comment but couldn't resist peeking. @creativemetaphor , wow you got so much in your build. @ciane , how super creative are those RVs. Well done ladies! Hopefully others join in as well :D
    @soocoolsim LOL! I love the name! <3 Awesome work all around! I especially like how you did the lodge.
    edited September 2019
    Awesome! Yes, comments are always welcome and appreciated!

I love how creative you both were with your names! I can clearly hear Willy Nelson singing On the Road Again and a car full of kids saying, "Are we there yet?" And I love the work you both put into the ceilings!

@creativemetaphor - I love how you shaped your RVs with their step ups and made the hitches. Clever to make different purposes for the RVs so you could fit more in. I especially love your gazebo area with the hanging chairs and that communal bath!!! (Sorry I didn't comment earlier. I was NOT going to look at your work until I finished mine.)

@soocoolsim - I knew you'd round your RV roofs perfectly! (I wanted to do that too, but the windshields wouldn't fit the look.) I particularly adore the little rounded one and the cab-over with the truck backed up into it and the awning over the window. I also especially love your lodge and that outside covered area by the nice pond you made. Have a great trip!

I do hope we see some more creative entries.
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @ciane, @creativemetaphor and @soocoolsim ..... all very impressive lots from all of you and all a bit different. Very creative ways you all came up with to get the RV/camper look. Well done!!!
    edited September 2019
    Finally got the Sims 4 challenge out of the way. I am starting this one tomorrow. I see several of you already have this one done. NOT ...looking.... Not yet, anyway.

OMG! It is now tomorrow and the first thing I am looking for, I cannot find! There are NO wheels!!!!! Futuristic campers?! Well, I guess so! Boy oh boy! I kept thinking of those lovely old caravan wheel with the tufts of grass in them (from the original Sims and/or Sims 2) and I thought I was all set! So wrong *hangs head* On to some super spacey campers...
    Post edited by iampes23 on
    You could try what I've done. I've also used the wagon wheel seat strategically placed. Or the pile of tires to allude to changing the tires.
    Ugh! Over budget, and I am not happy with how the campers look. So, still tweaking things. Wagon Wheel seat...Thanks @ciane. I will have to look into it, but I am already over budget. I saw some people had cool roof lines like real RVs, but I am not seeing how they got them that way. Hopefully I can get them better than I have right now by the end of the month.
    You use a combination of foundation and wall a few tiles away from your RV and use CFE to stretch across just the area you want to lower with the level terrain tool. Adding tile beyond the end of your trailer like an awning means you can level that and the tile on the actual end of the RV roof will slant. Then you can delete the flat tile you added at the end. If that makes sense.

You can just keep lowering terrain a smidgen at a time to get the look you want.

Yeah I was over budget for a bit too. You'll get there.
    ciane wrote: »
    You use a combination of foundation and wall a few tiles away from your RV and use CFE to stretch across just the area you want to lower with the level terrain tool. Adding tile beyond the end of your trailer like an awning means you can level that and the tile on the actual end of the RV roof will slant. Then you can delete the flat tile you added at the end. If that makes sense.

You can just keep lowering terrain a smidgen at a time to get the look you want.

Yeah I was over budget for a bit too. You'll get there.

OMG! Thank you!!! It never occurred to me that you could do that! I am going to have to refresh myself on CFE and see if I can do better than what I have right now, which, honestly, looks boxy and awful. LOL Let me share a picture to show you what I mean!

t8hdWtm.jpg
    aoVhtBt.jpg
    pzqUbXo.jpg

They are made to be hovering/flying campers of the future, which put down there own base to sit on when landing(the lattice foundations). The motor home's helm from debug has disappeared. Anyway, laugh as much as you want :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top